Montgomery County Community College Employee Reviews

Not an ideal place for language teachers
Adjunct Spanish Teacher (Current Employee) –  Montgomery, PAFebruary 7, 2019
Montco, like many other colleges, has turned into a "job-training"' facility, leaving out the equation the more broader educational goals that most higher ed institutions should have as goals. The elimination of foreign languages from the core curriculum is just a small example of this trend. As a foreign language teacher, this was a devastating blow.
Pros
not many
Cons
cost, low pay, lack of relevant classes.
Nice place to work
ESL Instructor (Current Employee) –  Blue Bell, PA 19422January 8, 2019
Nice place to work. Pay is good and stable. Great management. Pleasant atmosphere and co-workers. Would recommend this place to work. Excess to public transportation.
Pros
Pay and management
Cons
part-time
The School is nice and so is the environment.
Lead Developer (Former Employee) –  Blue Bell, PAAugust 27, 2018
For my case, I was only a part-time and did as much work as I could in the allotted time. The buildings were clean, as was the rest of the campus. The HR staffing was very helpful with paperwork and support with clearances.
Tutor (Former Employee) –  Blue Bell, PAAugust 13, 2018
Great place to work and learn. Great group of people to work with, Management is very supportive, the workplace culture is relaxed. I would recommend this as a good place to work.
Pros
work family balance
Cons
WD &CE Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Blue Bell, PAAugust 8, 2018
Under-qualified and unqualified managers compromised the integrity and quality of course offerings for students within the Continuing Education and Workforce Development department. Former WD&CE Dean preferred to higher personal friends to fill vacant management positions rather than qualified candidates.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
toxic work environment
Great contract freelance writing experience
Freelance Writer (Former Employee) –  Blue Bell, PAApril 4, 2018
I was hired to research and write a number of specialized pieces for the web, media and alumni magazine. Had a lot of fun doing the research and received great feedback from the manager at the time. Great pieces to add to my portfolio!
Strong Community College ENvironment
Adjunct Instructor-Early Childhood Education (Current Employee) –  Blue Bell, PAMarch 28, 2018
Some support to adjunct faculty by college- strong Ed. department
SOme issues with college overall leadership
part time faculty encouraged to take active roles on the college commitees
Knowledgeable and helpful permanent staff
Document Imaging Clerk (Former Employee) –  Blue Bell, PA 19422March 21, 2018
I was a temporary seasonal employee that performed similar tasks as work study employees. We were able to complete non job specific tasks for staff or leave when the varied amount of work was completed. Any questions I had, problems that arose or improvements I thought could be made to their processes were welcomed, discussed and implemented when management approved.
secretatry
Secretary (Former Employee) –  Blue Bell, PAMarch 14, 2018
I worked there as a student worker and it was very convientent for me as I was close to work after classes and I was able to get engaged on activities on campus
Helping
International Student Services Assistant Intern (Former Employee) –  Blue Bell, PAMarch 13, 2018
I have experience working with children in school and individual setting as well. I enjoyed my job seeing children growing and developing everyday. I am willing to work with children including autism or intellectual disabilities

Want to know more about Montgomery County Community College?

Ask a question
Good
Math Tutor/ Supplemental instructor (Former Employee) –  Main campusMarch 11, 2018
It is great place to work, very easy going but there is no benefits for part-time unless you work at least a year with 20 hours per week.
I loved it-
MC3 is a fine place to work
Enrollment Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Blue Bell, PAJanuary 2, 2018
Montgomery County Community College is a fine place to work. The Manager that I was lucky to have was very nice and made my experience with the college a good one.
About the job.
Adjunct Instructor (Current Employee) –  Blue Bell, PANovember 18, 2017
The most enjoyable part about my job is the variety of work. The campus is well balanced and comfortable. The faculty members are great peers to work with.
Clinical Instructor
Clinical Nurse Educator Adjunct (Current Employee) –  Blue Bell, PANovember 1, 2017
I love working for MCCC. They treat instructors with the utmost respect. There is always someone who can answer your questions or provide help to you when needed.
Pros
Colleagues
Cons
Not enough FT positions.
Work study program
Office Support (Former Employee) –  Blue Bell, PAOctober 20, 2017
I didn't love, but didn't hate the job at MCCC. It was a job I used to help get me through school and I enjoyed the people I worked with, but I was not passionate about it.
Pros
no commuting, relaxed, no set schedule
Cons
compensation
Montco
Night time receptionist (Former Employee) –  Pottstown, PAOctober 12, 2017
It was a nice place to work with great people. The pay was not that great but was a very competitive hard job. Working at night came me more time to get my work done because there was less people traveling in.
Pros
people, discount, learning experience
Cons
poor hours, poor pay
Relaxed work place
Head Women's Basketball Coach (Current Employee) –  Blue Bell, PAOctober 7, 2017
The College does not hold athletics as high of importance as I wish they would. Apparently, the school will continue to struggle unless scholarships will be offered.
Cutting Edge and Quality
Director, e-Learning (Former Employee) –  Blue Bell, PAJuly 6, 2017
MCCC is dedicated to continually adapting to the needs of the community, workforce demands, and quality of education. They are dedicated to providing high quality support to students and qualified faculty to engage with students in the classroom.
So far, so good
Part Time Employee (Current Employee) –  Blue Bell, PAJune 11, 2017
Seems to be a nice place to work. There doesn't seem to be a lot of benefits for part-time employees, or adjunct professors. The full-time staff get paid tuition to further their education, while part-timers don't. I would think they would want all employees to be at a higher level of learning whether part-time or full-time.
Learned a lot
Education Coordinator/Instructor (Former Employee) –  PennsylvaniaJune 9, 2017
Working here was a great opportunity but I can in on a part-time level and its really hard to get a full time job. They seem to all have been there forever and no one is going anywhere. With that being said,its really quiet political to get a full-time position.
Pros
Great hours and atmosphere
Cons
hard to advance