Montgomery County Government
75Above average

Montgomery County Government Employee Reviews

You’re seeing reviews close to Ashburn, VA based on your current location
Not your desired location?
Choose a different one
Ashburn, VA15 reviews
Productive Work Environment but..
The county is a great place to work with great benefits however they leave a lot to be desired when it comes to employee safety concerns. They prioritize the consumer over the employee at all costs
Pros
Amazing Health Benefits
Cons
Ran by out of touch politicians
Great benefits when you work 30 years.
As a civilian employee if you spend the required 30 years you can have a full retirement. If you spend less time on the job and receive your Social Security they cut your retirement in half. You also have job security but advancement is only provided to some (not all) depending on your position.
Extremely organized space to work
Staff is competent and highly qualified. I am usually assigned to a job way ahead of time. I am always well welcomed by the staff and feel part of the team.
Great place
Great place to work great people and environment.
I love learning new things landscaping HVAC cleaning floor tech and working with the kids are great
Productive positive workplace culture.
Montgomery County is a diverse county with abundant opportunities of employment. Thus far, the agency has proven to cultivate a positive work place environment with added support from upper management.
Work is interesting
If any one decided to take a position at this place try to focus on your job, and study the work environment carefully and make a decision quickly. Mgmt at this office are very unfriendly, mysterious and unwelcoming;no matter how hard you work won't matter! they use you to the last minute and they have no problem to throw you out 'they care less for employee and no respect at all!
Your last pay check is underpaid! your accrued vacation leave feels forfeited! Everything is unfair and abusive!
Pros
Food service cafe, healthcare
Cons
Mean Mgmt.
This job is all about sacrificing your time.
Being in this field of work you will have to sacrifice a lot of your personal time. If you value a work/life balance, this job is not for you. But great money and benefits!!
Easy job. Lazy co-workers.
I moved to Montgomery County because my spouse was transferred here by his private sector employer. Although I have a master's degree, I took a job in the county government that required only a couple of years of college so that I'd have a bit of income while looking for a job in my field. This was my first (and only) experience working for a government agency.

I ended up staying in the county job for just over two months. The people I worked with were the laziest people I've ever dealt with. It was amazing that they could even get dressed in the morning. They almost never got to work on time and they took lunch breaks that were longer than allowed.

The manager walked around the office and farted all the time.

Most of the workers had all sorts of personal problems.that they brought to work with them. It was just horrible.

I could have sat in the office and done nothing all day and kept my job.

I'm fairly certain the Montgomery County goverment is just a funds transfer system to keep stupid and lazy people off of welfare.
Pros
Easy, easy easy. Do what you want and nobody cares
Cons
Boring job. Entire department should be shut down.
A good place to work for
Very comfortable environment to work for. Good group of people to work with. Family environment, flexible retirement, Management very steady, Up to date equipment.
Good job
Great place to work with decent benefits. I do encourage people to apply for any positions they feel like they can fit in. Not saying that I complain about my salary but it would be nice to raise it a bit due to the cost of living. Overall, it’s a good job.
Productive and fun environment to work in.
A typical day of work consisted of customer service and organization. Management was easy to work with and very helpful when needed. I enjoyed every bit of experience that I gained from this job.
Friendly collaborative environment
MoCo Government is a great place to work. Very friendly environment. More job security and benefits being a full time employee, but also good for Contract Workers.
Montgomery County
fun place to work, great people a lot of OVER TIME IN THE FALL AND WINTER. plenty room to grow and for advancement for those who are willing to put work in.
Pros
very good benifits, Ot, good hours
Cons
low pay starting and out no more pension plan.
Working for the County is a great learned tool.
The major component of the Safe Team's mission is to provide presence to downtown Silver Spring. One manner in which the Safe Team can increase visibility and mobility during its patrol is by the use of bicycles.
Pros
The feeling of helping the public and business owner with problem's
Cons
Great Benefits .
Mission Driven environment offering great services to all people in need
Great place to work, especially for those employees who are seeking a way to give back.
Pros
Extremely supportive environement that gives a sense of purpose.
Cons
MUM deserves a bigger office.