Montgomery County Government Employee Reviews

average
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Conroe, TXJanuary 16, 2019
average; descent benefits ; This would be an excellent job If not for poor leadership. The job itself is enjoyable, trying to help customers solve there issues.
benefits
Cons
leaders
Great benefits and job security
Community Health Nurse (Former Employee) –  Silver Spring and Rockville, MDJanuary 8, 2019
Very secure job for the 17+ years I was employed there. Good benefits, good leave provisions both Vacation and sick. Had the advantage of flexible 4 days a week, 10 hr days for last few years at the job.
Pros
Schedule, benifits
Cons
Physically demanding home visit schedule with Pregnancy Case Management segment of job.
My thought
Office Services Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Rockville, MDDecember 21, 2018
My current position is in a nice environment. I have a flexible schedule.However, I do not have any opportunities to advance unless I leave my current position for a higher grade class.
benefits
Cons
no advancement, low pay
good
bus operator (Former Employee) –  Rockville, MDDecember 20, 2018
I ask everyone to enjoy your time here. You get to associate with the passengers and share life with them. you get to talk to passengers you do not anything about.
Pros
lunch
Cons
break
22 years over view
workforce specialist II (Current Employee) –  Dayton, OHDecember 19, 2018
when I started 22 years ago, it was totally different than it is today. The work culture has changed. then there was no division lines nor classifications lines.
Pros
good pay, ok benefits
Cons
office politics, top heavy
Workplace Culture
Customer Service Representative II (Current Employee) –  Rockville, MDDecember 17, 2018
Its not the job that's hard its the people that make it hard. A job will always be a job but when the people don't work together as a team to make work bearable the job becomes more stressful and unbearable.
costodian (Current Employee) –  Norristown, PADecember 11, 2018
I wish part time get holiday pay and when it snow and I hope I can get a full time job some day. I enjoy the working at the Montgomery county court house the people is friendly and have respect for the house keeping
Pros
Lunch
Cons
Health care
Montgomery Co. Public Defenders Office
Trial Attorney - Maryland Public Defender (Former Employee) –  Montgomery County, MDDecember 4, 2018
Working as a Public Defender is easily the best way to develop as a trial lawyer. The people at the MOCO office are fantastic and are as dedicated to their clients as anyone in the business.
a good place to have a career
HVAC Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Rockville, MDDecember 4, 2018
a good place to work ,
many different job are available to people with many different types of training and experience.
management is always helpful, training is available to further your
career
Pros
good benefits
Productive and Fast Pace Enviornment
Systems Engineer (Current Employee) –  Montgomery, ALNovember 19, 2018
This is a very fast pace adaptive environment introducing many new services to create a secure environment and provide enhancement for a strong future in technology.
Job Security and Benefits Package
Senior Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Rockville, MDNovember 15, 2018
Employee for 17+ years for MoCo Government. Great competitive Salary & Benefits Package. Overall great place to work for, great hard working, likeminded individuals.
Pros
Union
Great workplace. I was just hired as summer help so it was sh
Summer Helper (Former Employee) –  Hillsboro, ILNovember 6, 2018
Great job. Would work there again if their was an opening. Supervisor was a nice guy. He would tell us a job and expect it done by the end of the day.
County Government
Emergency Management Agency (EMA) and 911 Director (Current Employee) –  Hillsboro, ILOctober 16, 2018
Small county government going through rough financial times. With funding cuts, it is a tough environment to work in. Jobs are being cut and duties are being increased.
Pros
Imrf
Cons
Being strangled financially with lack of revenues and over expenditures.
Great
Animal Service & Adoption Center (Current Employee) –  MarylandSeptember 11, 2018
I lear to feed the pets and give them water. I learned how to make them be comfortable. The people were nice. The pets were so cute. I liked working there.
Career in Law Enforcement
Police Officer (Former Employee) –  Montgomery County, MDAugust 9, 2018
This is a fast paced opportunity to challenge yourself and get to put that criminal justice degree to use. Set in the Washington D.C. suburb of Montgomery County, MD. An oasis of opportunity and job enjoyment.
Pros
salary
Cons
career advancement
Excellent work environment.
Bus Operator (Former Employee) –  Rockville, MDAugust 9, 2018
Working at this company has been a great opportunity. The co workers are helpful and friendly. The company provides a relaxed environment for employees to interact. Management is excellent with meeting the needs of the employees.
Hard workers
Nature Center Assistant (Current Employee) –  Spring, TXAugust 7, 2018
Personally, my position was very specialized therefore I have nothing to compare it to other positions in Montgomery County. Most days I worked unsupervised.
Typical Day At Work
IT Specialist III (Current Employee) –  Rockville, MDJuly 24, 2018
typical, very unpredictable. Outages occur at random. On hours and off. I extended my knowledge with projects roll out for the MPLS network and the Aruba wireless network. Management of time troubleshooting issues every day while keeping up with projects. The best part of the job is the satisfaction of either adding a site or restoring a site to the network.
Pros
new projects
fun place to work the opportunity for advancement is high
DEPOT SUPPLY CLERK - CURRENT (Current Employee) –  Silver Spring, MDJuly 17, 2018
I learned a lot of useful skills over my 28years. advancement the county government provides me with all I need to work gloves, work clothes, work boots, vest,
Pros
plenlty of opportunity for over time
Cons
fall and winter you work long hours
Montgomery County is a great place to work.
Probation Clerk III (Former Employee) –  Conroe, TXJuly 10, 2018
I had a wonderful experience working for the county. I left there to go back to school. There is a lot of room to grow, however also a lot of politics.