Montgomery County Government Employee Reviews

Great workplace. I was just hired as summer help so it was sh
Summer Helper (Former Employee) –  Hillsboro, ILNovember 6, 2018
Great job. Would work there again if their was an opening. Supervisor was a nice guy. He would tell us a job and expect it done by the end of the day.
County Government
Emergency Management Agency (EMA) and 911 Director (Current Employee) –  Hillsboro, ILOctober 16, 2018
Small county government going through rough financial times. With funding cuts, it is a tough environment to work in. Jobs are being cut and duties are being increased.
Pros
Imrf
Cons
Being strangled financially with lack of revenues and over expenditures.
Great
Animal Service & Adoption Center (Current Employee) –  MarylandSeptember 11, 2018
I lear to feed the pets and give them water. I learned how to make them be comfortable. The people were nice. The pets were so cute. I liked working there.
Career in Law Enforcement
Police Officer (Former Employee) –  Montgomery County, MDAugust 9, 2018
This is a fast paced opportunity to challenge yourself and get to put that criminal justice degree to use. Set in the Washington D.C. suburb of Montgomery County, MD. An oasis of opportunity and job enjoyment.
Pros
salary
Cons
career advancement
Excellent work environment.
Bus Operator (Former Employee) –  Rockville, MDAugust 9, 2018
Working at this company has been a great opportunity. The co workers are helpful and friendly. The company provides a relaxed environment for employees to interact. Management is excellent with meeting the needs of the employees.
Hard workers
Nature Center Assistant (Current Employee) –  Spring, TXAugust 7, 2018
Personally, my position was very specialized therefore I have nothing to compare it to other positions in Montgomery County. Most days I worked unsupervised.
Typical Day At Work
IT Specialist III (Current Employee) –  Rockville, MDJuly 24, 2018
typical, very unpredictable. Outages occur at random. On hours and off. I extended my knowledge with projects roll out for the MPLS network and the Aruba wireless network. Management of time troubleshooting issues every day while keeping up with projects. The best part of the job is the satisfaction of either adding a site or restoring a site to the network.
Pros
new projects
fun place to work the opportunity for advancement is high
DEPOT SUPPLY CLERK - CURRENT (Current Employee) –  Silver Spring, MDJuly 17, 2018
I learned a lot of useful skills over my 28years. advancement the county government provides me with all I need to work gloves, work clothes, work boots, vest,
Pros
plenlty of opportunity for over time
Cons
fall and winter you work long hours
Montgomery County is a great place to work.
Probation Clerk III (Former Employee) –  Conroe, TXJuly 10, 2018
I had a wonderful experience working for the county. I left there to go back to school. There is a lot of room to grow, however also a lot of politics.
Productive, fun workplace, great staff
Camp Counselor-Montgomery County (Former Employee) –  Silver Spring, MDJune 25, 2018
A great staff, schedule, and show of determination contributed to the great success of the camp. It was extremely enjoyable working with kids and mentoring them.
Pros
Good Pay, reliable staff and management
Animal Services: Corruption, Corruption and more Corruption
Animal Services Staff (Former Employee) –  Derwood, MDJune 18, 2018
Horrible morale; tone set by poor management. Unfortunate because animals are them made to suffer. Staff is very non-supportive of each other. Favoritism, lies, sexism, Corruption comes from Director. Internal affairs hates him as does much of the Police department for which they fall under.
Pros
Decent pay for shelter work
Cons
Morale, competiveness, dishonest management
Local Government
Senior Engineer/Capital Projects Manager (Current Employee) –  Rockville, MDJune 18, 2018
Most decisions are politically motivated and all decisions have a political component. Generally, the work is interesting and the workforce is very diverse. Management is a mixed bag. Most people are highly motivated to provide outstanding service to citizens.
Police Department
Forensic Photograhic Technician (Former Employee) –  Rockville, MDJune 17, 2018
I loved working with Montgomery County Police. I was offered every opportunity I could find to advance my skills and career. I would recommend working for them to anyone.
Volunteer consultant
Commission Member / Senior Consultant (Former Employee) –  Rockville, MDMay 25, 2018
I was hired as a volunteer to be on a commission appointed by the County Executive of Montgomery County. I provided specific advice on efficiencies and savings that could be obtained throughout the county government.

I am not able to provide an evaluation or an opinion on the HR items listed in this form.
Comfortable work environment.
IT Technician Intern (Former Employee) –  Silver Spring, MDMay 24, 2018
Typical day of work consisted of imaging machines and deploying them. If there was a slow day repairs would take place in rare instances when something is broken.

I learned about imagining,repairing and customer service. Adding computers to the network etc.

Management was good and had a nice boss that understood there wasn't many people working there. Was reminded to take breaks rather than taking them when I see fit.

Culture was fine.

Hardest part of the job was refresh week when all teachers come in to get new hardware. Large lines of people and trying to get to everyone without rushing so everyone understands the information you are telling them. Making sure they have everything they need so they don't have to come back again and waste their precious time.

Enjoyable part of the job was I didn't feel stressed while working. I was expected to work and accomplished that goal. No one was breathing down my neck and what I was asked to do was not overbearing.
Pros
Reasonable lunch breaks. Relaxed environment
Cons
Children pulling the fire alarm.
Fun work place in which i volunteered at
Assisted staff with volunteering (Former Employee) –  Gaithersburg, MDMay 24, 2018
I helped my mom and her co workers work with organizing and helped them move to the new office. It was nice that I was able to get that experience at such a young age to gain some of the skills I will need in my later life.
Temp Job
Election Poll Worker (Former Employee) –  Huber Heights, OHMay 18, 2018
A election Poll worker is just a one day temporary job that you work from 5am to closing and taking down equipment. Easy training friendly workplace.
Supportive workforce!
School Performance Principal's Advisory (Former Employee) –  Rockville, MDMay 11, 2018
As a principal, I valued the experience of serving on a panel to provide insight on current issues facing students and staff within Montgomery County Public Schools.
Great Work
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Gaithersburg, MDMay 7, 2018
• Provide great customer service skills by greeting and acknowledge all customers in a friendly, professional manner.
• Unload and deliver all liquor, wine, and beer products to licensees and County Liquor stores.
• Completed assigned general warehouse duties which consist of pulling orders for shipments.
• Obtains appropriate signatures to note transfer of responsibility for items to that site
• Picking up empty liquor, wine and beer products from the customer.
• Receive items for disposal from staff. Items logged, graded for condition, and prepared for disposal.
• Using roller racks and hand trucks to load and unload merchandise.
• Receive, locate, store, and deliver equipment and supplies.
• Conducts research to plan and determine current and anticipated customer requirements and initiates action to maintain supply stock levels.
• Perform general labor housekeeping duties with in the warehouse
• Heavy physical efforts are lifting, pushing, bending and pulling cases and kegs of beer, liquor, and wine weighing up to 170 pounds in making deliveries.
A great organization!
Attendance Secretary (Current Employee) –  Gaithersburg, MDMay 6, 2018
Montgomery County Public Schools provides excellent opportunities for career growth. However, it takes time to be promoted due to seniority. Employees have access to the great benefits and training available to those who are interested in career growth.
Pros
training, employee benefits, schedule, culture, etc.
Cons
It is not too easy to get a higher position.