Montgomery Place Employee Reviews

2.8
Ratings breakdown
Management Stinks
Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 2, 2018
Montgomery Place has the worst Management Staff I have ever worked with. People are quitting all time with good reason. Unprofessionalism runs rampant at the Management level. This is not a place you want to work at if you can help it. It's a shame because the residents are a joy.
Pros
The people that reside there
Cons
Where do I start???
Just don't
LPN (Former Employee) –  Independence, KSFebruary 22, 2018
Terrible place to work at. Management is awful or lack there of. Plus they do not meet state requirements or meet standard of care. I would not recommend this place to work unless you like gossip circles where everyone acts like they are in middle school and you are not there to work but be liked. Plus management prefers not to do there job and passes it off to the already swamped nurses that work 12 hour days. You will receive PTO time but that is the best benefit you will see and they severely underpay for the area. Only apply if desperate.
Pros
Cons
Not enough room to list them
Horrible management corporate doesn’t care about employees
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Independence, KSDecember 1, 2017
It used to be a great place to work before the new administration came and bullied everyone who worked there before she came out! Felt horrible working there
Pros
Get to meet and love the residents
Cons
Administration
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Independence, KSNovember 2, 2017
Very laid back and easy going. Staff was interested in the residents needs and wants. Always gave 100 percent and never complained about the job. Residents were understanding and very nice.
Vert stressful
Nursing (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 11, 2017
Sorry to say I could not recommend MP to anyone. Stay away, RUN!!!! The culture is scary, The only thing I enjoy are the patients.You work 50-60 hours a week, and it's still not enough.
Pros
Patients
Great
Controller (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 29, 2017
Good place to work. Great people to work with and for. Montgomery is very fair and pays well. Safe area with great residents and service. Dedicated nurses and staff. Loved working there and would like to return. Very nice area near the lake and good dinners. Jus a very nice place.
Great Management
Front Desk Representative (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 19, 2017
great work place they just need to give more hours the best mangers ever they will work you and your schedule and they care about your thoughts and feelings
Pros
free food
Cons
short breaks
Love the residents but upper management leaves a lot to be desired
Manager (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 13, 2017
Diverse group of residents that are both interesting and charming. The management is not supportive of the operations staff and do not value opinions.
Pros
Free lunch, lakefront location
Cons
Poor management, poor pay
Terrible place to work. Very unorganized lazy management. Rules change based on each individual.
Server (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 3, 2017
Management is unprofessional and unorganized. People are treated unfairly by management. Residents are very rude. You don't get anywhere working here. Everyone in each department make the same pay. You only get 10 cent raises once a year. The place is a joke.
Pros
Yearly bonus
Cons
No advancement
Clean
CNA (Former Employee) –  Small working environmentJanuary 4, 2017
Very high-class playing high standard of work quality very pristine. Small working environment and gave me the opportunity to get to know my residence on a more personal level love working here great for a young CNA that is new in the field. Great management staff
Pros
Small working environment
Cons
Small working environment
you can never do enough for them
Certified Nurse Aide (CNA) (Former Employee) –  Independence, KSSeptember 23, 2016
typical days was filled with accomplishment in helping the elderly, I learned that some people that work in nursing homes shouldn't be hired for that work AT ALL, management is a joke, I worked with 3 co workers that was really good with the care of the elderly and fellow workers. the other co workers that I got stuck with were inconsiderate and disrespectful of the elderly and of fellow workers, the hardest part of the job was working with the disrespectful and inconsiderate aides, most enjoyable part of the job is being with the old folks
Pros
Helping and spending time with the old folks
Cons
the not very good aides that management would hire that i got stuck working with
montgomery place
Junior Sous Chef (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 29, 2015
it was okay. i'm leaving this job to find a better one, i love being a chef. i love to cook and make people happy. co workers were great.
Pros
residents are great
Cons
lack of organization and communication
Unproductive workplace
Maintenance Technician/Grounds (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 1, 2015
Montgomery place is NOT the place you want to work if your are trying to further your career. This is a dead end job with no job security. They change rules based on the person. They have a real lack of communication, and management makes decisions based on "He say/She say" or how they "feel". This place is not loyal to ANYONE. They work you hard and pay you "peanuts". Management plays pool while they constantly gives you orders.
Pros
Christmas bonus
Cons
dead end job, lack of communication, poor management
Nice people to work with but management is horrible
Waitress (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILMarch 23, 2015
Not enough hours given. Typical work day is fast paced running around. I love the satisfaction of serving the elderly but it can be difficult dealing with their attitudes.
Productive and Welcoming Work Place
Waitress/Hostess/Expeditor (Current Employee) –  Chicago,IllinoisMarch 9, 2015
A day of work at Montgomery Place Retirement Home is very warm and welcoming. The environment is very friendly and safe. Working at Montgomery Place, I've learned that there is a sense of urgency in all matters related to customers, and to respond to them, as well as be driven by them. As often as the Management team has changed within my department at Montgomery Place, I've learned tto adjust to the changes and follow all new rules being given. Fellow co workers are very fun and out going at Montgomery Place. We've all been in situations that we've come to realize that "Team work, makes a dream work". The most difficult part of my job is seeing customers unhappy. While the most enjoyable part is when customers are happily satisfied, and our team is who've made it possible.
Pros
Special Bonuses
Cons
Changes in Management Teams
Good
Accountant Assistant (Former Employee) –  chicagoNovember 3, 2014
Good location and great learning experience with an awesome staff
Comfortable Envionmment
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 12, 2014
Well balance place but can use some improvements
Residents are great to work with
No good benefits are really provided as far as health insurance
My new manager is appreciative and very helpful
ok place to work if you love kids
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 5, 2014
the pay there is no good the environment is ok. the management is no good
It was a wonderful and very professional place to work
CNA (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 25, 2014
I worked on both the skilled floors and in the residential apartments providing the patients with all of their activities of daily living. Including showers, feeding, escorts within the facility and anything the patients required.
Pros
I really like working with people in that capacity
Cons
There werent many cons to this job, only that if you were short staffed, you were not able to provide every patient with the level of care they deserved.
Great Learning Experience
Case Manager/Dementia Coordinator Assistant (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 8, 2014
I learned a great deal while being employed at Montgomery Place

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Montgomery Place. Our community is ready to answer.

Montgomery Place Reviews by Location