Montrose Memorial Hospital Employee Reviews

A “family” that you’re not included in- don’t apply if you are an independent thinker
Social Worker, Case Manager (Former Employee) –  ARUOctober 27, 2018
My co workers would run to my boss over things they shouldn’t and never spoke directly to me. The team harassed me through my supervisor and she let it continue. They took my position which was a previously 40/hour week, full time position down to a part time saying 20 hours / week was enough because the census was low enough in the unit & it “occasionally” may require more. That is a gross misrepresentation of the needs required to meet patients needs & MMH mission. Working part time is important to some employees for a good work / life balance & child care needs & when the demands grow greater than what is needed & promised , an organization should re-evaluate that instead of always looking at dollars & valuing their employees after so much investment.
Pros
patients
Cons
Management, poor work / life balance
Awesome people
House Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Montrose, COOctober 17, 2018
Hard work, busy most days and nights. The people are awesome and work as a team. I enjoyed working there and miss it terribly!
Management were great and very supportive!
Pros
great people
Cons
hard work
It may be getting better
Director (Former Employee) –  Montrose, COApril 12, 2018
Now that the Chief Nursing Officer, (J.N.) is gone and the last CEO, things may be getting better. Heavy on the managment side, especially managers/directors that have no clue and many with a lack of education to lead departments. But... What do you expect for a small town. Cardiology is ran by non educated leadership as well as surgery and pulmonary. No social or discharge direction. Ran by an outside firm that only has profit as an interest. Lots of turnover and no dedication to employees and the work they do.
Pros
Great starting point for careers
Cons
Management, especially medical, surgical and reapiratory
Caring and hard working people.
Tray Delivery, Dishwasher, and Cashier (Former Employee) –  Montrose, COMarch 5, 2018
An average day in the kitchen of MMH consisted of welcoming smiles and good workers. The best part of the job was the people. Everyone was respectful and very much about teamwork. The amazing teamwork made the everyday craziness go by so much smoother.I learned a lot working, especially about the importance of communication. The hardest part of the job was the fast pace of the kitchen. If you didn't move fast then you didn't have a job.
Senior Leadership is changing
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Montrose, COFebruary 14, 2018
The senior leadership is changing the culture of the hospital to make the employees less satisfied. This is happening with poor communication to the lower level employees without regard to the morale and how it is affecting the organization as a whole.
Pros
Great food!
Cons
One person is ruining the family feel and close knit relationship of the organization
Nice place to work
Operating Room Clinical Nurse Manager (Former Employee) –  Montrose, COJanuary 30, 2018
I enjoyed my time at Montrose Hospital, but when they came into budget cuts my position was first to go. That was a let down because of all the hard work I did for them.
Pros
Small town and no commute
Cons
Not a very stable hospital with it's financing
work at MMH
Case Management (Former Employee) –  Montrose, COJanuary 29, 2018
A lovely little hospital with wonderful people. They have a great following in their community and have an amazing group of services available. Their senior leadership is experiencing some growing pains. My department suffered from and extraordinary lack of leadership and direction while our manager pretended to be in senior leadership.
Pros
great meals and staff, cleanest hospital ever
Cons
poor leadership
Community Hospital
RRT (Former Employee) –  Montrose, CODecember 16, 2017
I love this hospital!! It is the best environment I have ever worked in for any job I have ever held. You have great communication with you Supervisor and Director, nurses and doctors and everyone you come across. I would work here again and it was worth the drive from Grand Junction just to work in this environment. This hospital is very supportive and everyone smiles. The drive from Grand Junction during the winter was the only hard part.
Pros
Work environment, pay, advancement, boss is great, benefits and the whole hospital environment.
Cons
Driving during winter time
Great staff and compensation if you can weather staffing changes and uncertainty
Admissions Representative (Former Employee) –  Montrose, CODecember 7, 2017
Made many friends while helping out the community.

Lack of direction and goals when dealing with senior leadership.

Hoping the recent changes in staffing and management benefit the hospital and community as a whole. So sad though to see many dedicated employees lose their positions.
Great people to work with, fast past
Phlebotomy Technician (Intern) (Former Employee) –  Montrose, CODecember 5, 2017
I did my intern there for Phlebotomy and they where amazing. Everyone spent time to explain everything and go over everything with you. Great learning experience. High recommended
Great hospital to be a part of and learn a lot.
Internship Student (Former Employee) –  Montrose, COOctober 26, 2017
This is a great place start a career in healthcare and learn a lot of skills. The employees of this hospital are first class and really enjoy what they do.
Pros
Work enviornment
Cons
career advancement
Amazing
Social Worker/Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Montrose, COOctober 12, 2017
This was the best job I've ever had. Amazing co-workers, amazing work environment, outstanding leadership and great benefits. I have absolutely no complaints.
Wonderful Job
Dish Washer (Former Employee) –  Montrose, COSeptember 13, 2017
They were very nice and friendly and were caring. Gave you more hours when someone was calling in and didn't show up. You were pretty much working a full time that started out being part time.
Small town hospital
RN Staff Nurse (Current Employee) –  Montrose, COSeptember 4, 2017
Small town hospital and great surroundings. Good place for starting nurses. Call schedule is very difficult but most co-workers are good to work with.
Pros
Cons
Stressful
Busy Emergency Department
RN Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Montrose, COAugust 26, 2017
Loved working in this Emergency Department.
Everyone was well trained, and worked as a team. Schedules were flexible. Department manage was very approachable.
Pros
Part time/Per Diem available
Cons
often very busy, late or no breaks
A welcoming work atmosphere!
Registrar (Current Employee) –  Main AdmissionsAugust 17, 2017
From the day I interviewed at MMH I have felt welcomed and embraced as an employee. The halls are full of friendly smiles and co-workers always willing to lend a hand.
Not a good place to work
Cleaning Technician (Former Employee) –  Montrose, COJuly 29, 2017
Just look at the job postings and that says it all. Always looking for nurses and even cleaning techs. CEO needs to go along with several directors and supervisors. Talked to a lot of residents in Montrose and they say they would rather go to Delta's hospital then Montrose because they are always unstaffed and management is worthless. I've worked at Montrose Hospital and was so glad that I quit. Beware you will regret it.
Benefits
Cons
CEO and Management
Great hospital great staff
REGISTERED NURSE - EMERGENCY ROOM LEVEL 3 (Former Employee) –  Montrose, COJuly 19, 2017
Out of all the ER's I've worked in Montrose by far is one of the top. Don't let the "small community" fool you as it is a rocking ER with great cases/traumas that come thru the door, you will never get bored. The other thing that set Montrose aside from others is the GREAT doctors that work there. They collaborate with the team would rather be called by there first name and harbor no ego.. fantastic team players and truly a gift to work with. I started there as a traveler and hired on per diem but the 5 hour commute made it too tough and had to quit but if you are looking for a great community to live in and an amazing hospital to work for Montrose Community is your next home!!
Pros
A true team of staff
Too much expected, not enough pay, support or leadership.
Accounts Payable Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Montrose, COJuly 16, 2017
The day is spent printing invoices from email, sending payment approval requests to department directors via email and printing received payment approvals out of email and attach them to the previously printed invoices. Enter invoices ready for payment. Sort through invoices received by US Postal mail, send for approval if needed, prepare for entry if pre-approved.

The hardest part of the job is when payment requests come without all approvals and\or back-up.

The most enjoyable part of the job is when everything runs so smoothly that one is able to go the extra mile for vendors or employees so that all payments are made and delivered when and where they are needed in a given week.

In short the work environment is chaotic, with no accountability of supervisors. Words tell employees one story but actions say something completely different.
Pros
Could be a great place to work if the atmosphere changes.
Cons
Current work environment in tumoil.
Poor culture
RN (Former Employee) –  Montrose, COApril 26, 2017
As other reviews have said, this is not a friendly place to work. There is a lot of bullying among nurses. One nurse will have a huge workload while other nurses are busy staring at their cell phones. Lots of gossip and backstabbing.
Asking a question will get you in trouble. The hospital does not do any kind of training with regard to lateral violence or diversity. It is very cliquish and managers tend to play favorites.
Glad I don't work there anymore.
Pros
Cons
The above

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Montrose Memorial Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.3InHerSight Score

2.0Personal Development

3.0Career Opportunities

2.0Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight