Monumental Sports & Entertainment

Monumental Sports & Entertainment Employee Reviews

Great company to be employed at
I worked on the Operations Staff at the EagleBank Arena during my freshman and sophomore years at George Mason University. I really enjoyed my time working there. I helped put down and bring up the basketball floor before and after games as well as preparing the stage prior to concerts and events.
Pros
Great Company
Cons
Long Hours
Exciting, young and energetic company looking to grow
Working at Monumental Sports and Entertainment was an awesome experience and I highly recommend it to those who are interested in working in the sports and entertainment field.
Great company!!!
Work life balance sucks but it is sports and it comes with the territory but the company is amazing and all the managers. You can speak to anyone in this company about anything and benefits are A1. If I got paid more for the hours I work I’d never wanna leave.
Pros
Gym membership. Giveaways. Parties. Tickets to events.
Cons
Hours and pay.
Be prepared
Working for monumental sports will be a memory I wont forget. Being able to work in the sports industry was a dream. However no job advancement, cattiness, jealously, and management are the reasons I had to leave.
Exciting place to work
Great company with a lot of room to grow, needs a better on boarding and support structure for management team members to help talent excel and prevent burn out.
Pros
Live Sports & Entertainmet
Cons
Work Life Balance & Support structure
Would you recommend working at your company?
Help people considering your employer make a good choice.
Productive and fun
No two games are alike with Monumental Sports. A lively atmosphere with a fast-paced work ethic, every production is different. It is great to work Wizards, Capitals, and Arena football games.
Fun place to work
It was fun working there when I started in 2003, I had never worked in a sports arena before. It was exciting seeing the players as they come in and workout, working concerts was a challenge at first as well as working sporting events.
Monumental Sports
I enjoyed learning about the production side of sporting events and what it take to actually get the live game experience to the consumers television.
Pros
Enjoyable Work Environment. Nice Co-workers
Cons
working with broadcast quality equipment
I learned a lot about live sporting video production from the live aspect to all the work that goes on behind the scene. It was fun to work the games and see all the elements come together.
Pros
Equipment
Cons
not working enough
Extremely fun place to work, but the hours make it unbearable
Overall, I loved my job. However, getting paid for 40 hours and working 80 (on average) without receiving overtime made me look for employment elsewhere. If you love sports, concerts, and monster trucks and want to see them all for free, it's a great place to work.

Management was subpar when I worked there, but they have since cleaned house.
Pros
Free food on game day, which is almost every day.
Cons
Hours. Lots, and lots of hours.
good and bad
standard insides sales job. Smiling and dialing from 9-530, learned some great sales tactics. Management was worthless and not really needed. Culture was amazing but it has changed quite a bit. Working all the games got really old.
Pros
tickets for friends, cool job
Cons
working all the games, micromanagement
Monumental Sports
The job is cool and fun. I like working there along with the flexible hours. The events are nice and the people who work there are friendly and offer help.
I love all my jobs
I just needed to move on to something new.I enjoy doing my job I loved the staff my boss and I got along real goodd.I just have to change my job to ake care of my dad.
Pros
Half price on tickets
Cons
Long breaks
it was ok
it was ok. fun while it lasted. learned, grew. There was some expansion. minimum room to grow but a great stepping stone for those who want to start in entertainment
Monumental Sports and Entertainment
I loved working there. I have never worked in a place that was so willing to teach and help everyone learn. I would happily work their after graduation and I suggest everyone intern there if given the opportunity.
Internship
I was an intern and got a great feel for the office culture. I was able to closely interact with my bosses and establish connections all over the arena across different departments.
Very productive and of great place to work at
It was really wonderful working in volume and on sports and entertainment great place to work the manages a great to coalworks a great a very exciting career for part time job in always excitement love the event since in concerts that would there
Pros
Always gave me an opportunity to to attend sporting events and concerts
Cons
No cons
Great!
Great company culture and everyone enjoys working there. Hours can be long but is worth it when you are working sporting events. Company usually promotes from within.
N/a
Very relaxed joyful job!!
You get to watch all events for free who wouldn't want that!!

They have amazing coworkers!

Amazing fans!!!!

And amazing parties!

Cool job to work at!

Very flexible
Competitive yet very rewarding company culture
I worked at MSE just a little over two years as a Group Events Specialist in the ticket sales department. Having monthly and yearly sales goals to achieve, one can imagine how challenging and cut throat it can be. However, the team that I worked with was very close and we worked well together.
Great
Great place to work part time. Great environment and opportunities to grow. I have worked here for over 2 years and enjoyed the experience. Great co workers as well.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Monumental Sports & Entertainment. Our community is ready to answer.
4.3
4.2
Ratings from women
InHerSight Score
3.8Personal Development
3.4Career Opportunities
3.7Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight