Mood Media Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Highly Stressful
3rd Party Specialist (Former Employee) –  Fort Mill, SCMay 18, 2018
Typical Day- Answering tickets, or answering calls
you never knew what to expect. Nobody really has the answers to anything.
Not well organized
Incompetent management team
Schedule would always get messed up

Hardest part of the job is getting the correct information. You literally have to go through various of resources and departments in order to get the answer that is needed that is sufficient enough.

Most enjoyable part- Working with my team, cool office environment
waste of time
visuals (Former Employee) –  South CarolinaMay 15, 2018
this company will use you and will take advantage of you. they will pay you a mininum wage and will supervise you like you are a convict handling money. They have very poor upper and middle management. they routinely fire big shots and hire them back a year or so later with better pay. They posted yearly losses every year i worked there.
Pros
nothing
Cons
everything
Tough to work with!
Account Executive (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCMarch 30, 2018
The individuals are very nice and easy to work with, the system is very convoluted and cumbersome. The management is very easy to work with. The were very compassionate when I had a death in the family.
Productive and fun work place
Systems Design Engineer (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXMarch 13, 2018
Great company to work for. They make sure they train and motivate each employee to succeed. Open communication and multiple opportunities for advancement if their budget permits.
Pros
Great company events
Cons
Budget cuts.
Decent place
PREMIER - CLIENT ORDER SPECIALIST (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXMarch 3, 2018
It isn't a place you wanna work at forever, but it is good for the time being, fun people to work with pay s little low and even though the company doesn't give that much vaca, individual managers are more understanding and will work with you
relaxed environment
Project Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXFebruary 8, 2018
As a project coordinator in service delivery is very stressful with high expectations. I learned more about project management and Oracle. The workplace is relaxed and comfortable, the people there are great and friendly. Extremely helpful. The hardest part of the job was meeting the expectations of the installations, customers and technicians. Required flexibility and manage technician ensuring customer satisfaction and job was seen through to completion. The most enjoyable part if the job were the great people that I worked with. Very supportive.
Pros
Overtime allowed, cheap snacks, free fruit, great people
Cons
High stress, very low pay, high expectations
Mis-managed from top down
Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJanuary 29, 2018
Horrible working environment, no protected territories, low pay, capped commisions, benefits were sub par, car allowance was taxed so it was considered income, horrible follow up on any requests from the field
Great culture, awesome people and a great place to work
Sales Development Representative (Former Employee) –  Fort Mill, SCJanuary 27, 2018
Loved and I mean LOVED working at Mood Media (MUZAK). Won many award, several incentive trip and made some life long friends. Gather a great knowledge of many facets of business operations and how to manage accounts.
Pros
Great Incentives
Cons
Compensation could've been better. Commissions were capped
Fun and Casual Work Environment (due to employees).
Customer Support Technician (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJanuary 26, 2018
I would recommend the job to anyone who is okay with ambiguity and lots of learning on the job. It is not a bad place to work, however, it is not for everyone.
Pros
Reduced price vending machine.
Cons
Not enough seating, lack of enthusiasm from co-workers and management, Half of my training class was fired before we hit the floor due to one and two minute tardies.
Poorly run, causes stress for lots of workers
Client Satisfaction Professional (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXJanuary 3, 2018
This was my first call center job and I understand they are what they are. The company just wasn't run very well, I would often get calls from clients who had poor experiences with technicians and people in other departments and had to clean up their messes. Not a company that prides itself in excellence.
Lots of fun, lack of growth
Executive (Former Employee) –  Regional Park, TXDecember 5, 2017
Loved the challenges, product overview/portfolio is extensive. Spend a lot of time battling internal teams, lack of advancement.
Internal teams and lack of communication send the wrong message to clients, and generate a poor representation of the company.
Potential to be a great company.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
communication, advancement, growth, compensation, lack of collaboration & teamwork
Do not bother
Senior Manager (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXNovember 14, 2017
Poor management, lack of direction extremely poor business model, elitism. Burdened by debt from purchase of Muzak, too many different version of hardware out there, way behind the times on software and development...I could go on an on
Pros
Fun product
Cons
Everything else
Good culture
Regional Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Newport Beach, CAOctober 18, 2017
Robust product offering for customers and have built a loyal team. Able to sell to any vertical market. Able to utilize past auto relationships with Volvo and many dealerships
Pros
Products
Cons
Compensation
Great team players
CUSTOMER SERVICE REP (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAOctober 16, 2017
I love working at Mood media,The team is great we stay busy and its a great environment. I am however now looking for a career and I feel as though there is no chance for advancement with the company. They really do not have any other positions except the one you are hired for, although this is not a bad thing I am just looking for a company that I can advance with. This company is currently in the process of just hiring a new manager so I can not give a answer on that being I have not yet met the new hire.I can say my two supervisors are great at what they do and I truly do enjoy working for them. There are no hard parts of the job we do have a high call volume but you are trained well and ready for all of that before getting into calls. There is always help via supervisors, the trainer and or senior techs who are more than happy to answer any questions.
Pros
great incentives, overall fun people to work with
Cons
Nothing to say to bad, there are a few people who gossip but what company doesn't?
Company is in trouble
Account Management Specialist (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAOctober 6, 2017
Laid-Off 4 years after Mood bought the original company I worked for. As soon as all the transitioning was done and the new computer system was up and running, Mood had another layoff which was one of many. Great job before upper management, with so many poor decisions to count, ran the company to bankruptcy protection and then sold the company.
Sinking Ship
CLIENT SATISFACTION SUPERVISOR (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXSeptember 27, 2017
Mood Media is a company that has made some decisions that have not benefited them in the last 10 years. Upper management would make decisions that they thought would help benefit the company but what they actually did is help to put them in more debt.
Pros
Dress code, events, music
Cons
Pay, Upper Management
Challenging
Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXSeptember 11, 2017
Challenging and always changing. Lots of opportunity to get ahead for people with initiative. Great benefits very friendly culture is encouraged and displayed.
Pros
Great benefits
Niche Market
Network Engineer / Administrator (Current Employee) –  Fort Mill, SCAugust 31, 2017
Financial commitment to grow is questionable, based on management guidance.

There are a lot of business practices which seem not to be improved upon.

Job security varies greatly across teams / roles.

There are multiple acquired systems which create confusion among workers, such as policy, best practices, functionality.

There seems to be a good bit of turnover.

Casual, mostly low-stress
Pros
Casual
Cons
Confusion across team policies
nice place to work
FREELANCER (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXAugust 8, 2017
good life work balance experience, nice management team. easy going and young team. Flexible working hours. Very nice location south of Austin. Would recommend to anyone!
Great workplace
Collections Representative (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXAugust 3, 2017
Great workplace. No much room for advancement. The hardest part of the job is the added stress from the supervisors and lack of support internally. The clients are great to work with and the environment is awesome.
Pros
Environment
Cons
Lack of internal support