Mood Media

• Fair pay for job
  • Overall satisfaction
  • Trust in colleagues

In a bad MOOD

Coworkers were supportive, and the best part of the job. Overall, you are expected to do what you were hired for, plus whatever else they can throw at you. All that extra work and stress should earn a better wage, right? WRONG.

Pros

Coworkers

Cons

Clueless upper management

Terrible Management Environment

My former managers were terrible in my department. Other departments were run seeming well but not mine. I believe after I left that they replaced both managers but for the damage had been done.

Bad shadowy management and even worse employee retention

Mood doesn’t care about it’s people, it’s meant to be a temporary job at best, they just want people that will do work cheap, no training opportunities no placement or security. Unless you’re in some middle management position you will be handed jobs that are poorly engineered and you will be expected to make them just work. Management doesn’t care about clients or employees, we all get directed to the same 800 number that rings forever. I’m surprised the company hasn’t gone belly up.

Pros

Easy jobs (if they were engineered right)

Cons

Micro management, silly oversight and prying, no job security, treated like disposable garbage

Always changing but never succeeding...

The company has been through so many changes over the years but it fails to find the winning strategy. The culture is abysmal and I never felt supported by my team or management. Loyalty gets you nowhere unless you're BFF with the higher ups.

Pros

Flexible schedule. Casual dress.

Cons

Low pay. No growth.

Employees are great, no communication

Mood bought out our company in June of 2019. No communication of where we are going. Dont ask questions, there are no answers. Only the run around with no way to go.

Pros

Flexible schedule

Cons

Communication, pay advancement

Leave a review. Help people like you.

In a bad mood

No respect for or understanding of worker needs. Bottom line is all that matters, and even then only today's bottom line-- tomorrow be damned. No grasp of investing in employees or leveraging their skillsets to better the business. They want the cheapest butts in seats they can get, no matter how sloppy, unprofessional, or inefficient the company gets, and that's why customers are jumping ship left and right. Management and HR are apathetic at best, adversarial and manipulative at worst. Upper management/execs are egomaniacs who look at you like something they stepped in, if they look at peasants like you at all. Massive bedbug problem over the period of September 2019-January 2020, ignoring dozens of individual employees' complaints. Only a matter of time before they ship your job to Romania and the investors pick the bones clean. Easily the worst employment experience I've ever had. Will probably be identified from my tenure and targeted for harassment for this review.

Pros

Some of the best people I've ever worked with, the only thing that made this job bearable.

Cons

Poor location, Poor culture, Poor compensation, Poor management, Poor business model, Poor working conditions

Loved working at Mood Media Muzak and DMX Music

they all three merged at one time or another. I really enjoyed being a Digital Music and Marketing sales rep. I wish those jobs were still available. Nothing better than consulting on a sound system and custom music experience for Hospitality and Retailers all over California. Some of My old Music and sound system clients are still friends and associates today.

Very laid back place to work

Fun place to work but not much room for advancement or pay increased. But over all it is an ok place to work, no one really gets on to you and you are respected for what you do.

Stressful but comfortable environment.

Customer service is always a demanding job position. While Mood Media has many products and services to memorize, they have the resources to make sure that you can do your job. The workplace culture helps balance out the stress most of the time and the people that work there are friendly. The hardest part of the job is working with clients, helping them with their needs, and working through quick problem-solving to make sure their devices or service is up and running properly.

Was very interactive , always something going on. Everyone one was very friendly and treated everyone kindly. Enjoyed my time greatly with everyone that I worked with

Pros

Hour lunch break in large break room

Cons

Not the best at training

Jobs at Mood Media

See more jobs

Unbelievable

I could say so much but I won't because the problem is everyone's experience will be different. The people who work there are outstanding. Helpful, understanding and everyone wants you to succeed. Except the company! There is favoritism beyond belief. Watch your back and money and don't get comfortable. The company itself has lost it's ever loving mind. Beware!

Great people to work with but poor upper management.

The people that work there are fantastic and hard working. Upper management making poor financial decisions for the company. Do not recommend there is no future and no advancement.

A very fun, upbeat workplace with very strong talent.

The people I work with at Mood are terrific. I really enjoy working with my co-workers. They are very kind and helpful. The majority are also very talented at what they do. I don't feel like a number there.

Few raises if any.

Challenging to get all requirements completed and feel accomplished on a daily basis. Jumping from one priority to the next while the back log increases.

Good people but terrible pay for what they expect/require/demand.

Great office environment. Comfortable with a man wearing jeans and boots performing excellently on all shifts obtaining results for clients while working well with multiple co-workers on daily basis (globally).

Pros

Allowed to wear t-shirts at work

Cons

Pay rate (stagnant)

This place is AWESOME.

I love MOOD MEDIA, working here was the best experience and it help me clime the latter for a better tomorrow. There training is great, and the people are wonderful.

Pros

Work with a team/ Individuality growing to create better business by supplying Music.

Cons

There are none.

Break room

Start by going to your computer and get straight to work on receptionist customer care. It was an overload of customers on certain days and we would have to learn along the way while having real interactions with the owners of their establishments about their bills they needed to pay with our services.

Training is horrible

Horrible boss, horrible training. A lot to learn to start. Meeting at a hotel with boss doesn't allow you to have a good understanding to be able to sell the numerous products and services they provide.

Customer Service

Enjoyed interacting with customers and problem solving. Manger had an open door policy which was a big plus. Their was teamwork and plenty of overtime.

Worst job ever

Horrible msnagement! They hire direct from temp agency..beware they want u to do full cycle AR with no decent raises. If u question anything they will release you!!

Prior employee

This could be an amazing company. The upper management only worries about themselves and the fighting between inside and outside sales is horrible. The managers, directors and team leads are bullies and they are trained to be that way from the top. I've even experienced seeing a teammate being physically slapped by a manager.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Mood Media. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Ratings from women

2.6
InHerSight Score
2.3Personal Development
2.6Career Opportunities
2.7Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight
Powered byInHerSight