Moody's Analytics Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
company is fine
Associate Director (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAFebruary 12, 2018
it is a normal software company. Work is not that hard, pay is in market level based on employee's skills and contributions. Many nice people are working around.
Great place to build your career
Associate Director (Current Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 16, 2017
Fast-paced environment and strong company culture supported by senior management. Employees are given freedom to do "what they do best" every day. Expectations for results are high and engaged employees will find success in advancing their careers. Technical product knowledge is valued and entry-level roles provide robust training to develop new talent (applies to software engineering and sales roles alike). Great place to build your career in the finance and technology space.
Metrics driven, process oriented
Sales Director, Americas, Analytics Practice (Current Employee) –  New York CityNovember 14, 2017
Moody's is a great brand with a lot of cachet. Company does a great job in the financial services sector. This is a process oriented and metrics driven organization. Not a lot of room for entrepreneurial types or for people who want to try new things. Sales environment is cutthroat and there is consequently an air of mistrust . Management turnover is an issue
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Old School Theory X management style
Quality Assurance Tester (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEOctober 17, 2017
Good Working Environment, had learned a lot form there good place to learn new thing and worked hard, had great working experienced with our manager
Pros
free snacks
Good corporate vision, stay away from MA Administration Team
Senior Reporting Analyst (Current Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 11, 2017
Senior management vision are good, however middle management create barriers and heavy politics with little management skills.

They love to take credits and fingerpoint own staff for faults, violating ethics and code of conducts. Stay away from MA Administration (over 20 turnovers in 6 months).
Pros
Worklife Balance, Senior management vision are good
Cons
Heavy middle management politics getting in the way of progress
Working at Moodys
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 24, 2017
As an account manager I was responsible for managing over 12 million dollar of accounts. It was my duty to make sure all clients were properly licensed to obtain our data feeds and to upgrade or downgrade based on their usage after an annual review.
Pros
Good Money
Cons
Cut Throat
Mostly a good place to work
Technical Writer (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 8, 2017
Moody's is a good place for full time employees, not so much for contractors. Just two weeks after extending the contract, they cancelled it with no indication of why.
I don't recommend especially data operations team
Data operation Associate (Former Employee) –  San Francisco californiaApril 6, 2017
no work life balance, lot of pressure, no team coordination, manager not supportive at all and moreover team doesnot know whom they want to hire. If you are an international please think before getting hired. Dont accept contract to hire roles.
Just walk away - skip Moody's Omaha and a crazy chapter of your life
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEApril 5, 2017
The management at Moody's office in Omaha is beyond crazy, and I can't believe corporate has not stepped in yet after the acquisition here. If you are considering work here... well no one gets paid enough to deal with the kind of stress from the Omaha office. Unrealistic expectations of the amount of time you should work. Not at all organized in business process. Good people leave continually.
Pros
A good income for a short while
Cons
Unreal stress and expectations for lots of time
Great Time at Moody's
Associate Director, Data Operations (Former Employee) –  South San Francisco, CAMarch 5, 2017
Enjoyed my time at Moody's. Learned a lot from very intelligent people, including most of my managers. Things could have ended but I am happy.
Great Place to work
Marketing and Product Strategy Associate (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 7, 2017
Moody's Analytics is committed to building their employees and community. Working on projects that challenge your critical thinking skills and develop strategy concepts.
It was a good experience
Product Strategy Summer Intern (Former Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 27, 2016
It was a nice work environment...downtown 7 worldtrade

Great boss and colleagues. It was a summer internship where i learned a lot and grew a lot. I recommend it.
Pros
N.A
Cons
N.A
Very Good Company
Travel Services Manager (Current Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 10, 2016
Moody's Analytics is a great company to work for and expanding and growing quickly. There are many opportunities available and an overall good working environment.
Conservative company, but great benefits and job security
Assistant Director (Current Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 31, 2016
Great place to work with excellent job security and exceptional healthcare and 401K benefits. Highly educated people that work here but management struggles with making decision.
Cons
Compensation
Stable intelligent work place
Director (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 16, 2016
Good place to learn and gain fundamental experience. Typically day may be answering emails and reading research. Analytical work is done a majority of the day but usually done in silo type atmosphere.
Pros
stable work environment
Cons
limited upside
Productive workplace
Assistant Director of Client Services (Current Employee) –  Waltham, MAOctober 15, 2015
intuitive workplace and great staff. It is enjoyable to work alongside current and all staff members. Work is demanding but is also sense of accomplishment when completed.
Productive and Great Place to Work
Client Services Generalist (Current Employee) –  West Chester, PASeptember 19, 2015
I really enjoy working for Moody's Analytics. My colleagues are all a pleasure to work with. We assist all lines of business within the company. We help clients with any other their needs, typically data related questions.
Great place to work.
contract administrator (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CASeptember 14, 2015
Great place to work. Beautiful building and ideal location. Co-workers were awesome. Enjoyed going to work everyday.
healthy environment
Economist, Specialized Modelling Group (Current Employee) –  West Chester, PASeptember 12, 2015
MA fosters a culture of kindness and collegial relationships.
Also, the remote work policies are super helful to better manage my time.
Pros
Remote work
Cons
Location.
Management is open with feedback
Marketing Associate (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 21, 2015
I had flexibility with my schedule and my manager trusted me to manage my work. I enjoyed working with my coworkers and made the workday more enjoyable. Most people at Moody's Analytics are friendly and helpful.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Moody's Analytics. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.9InHerSight Score

2.6Personal Development

2.6Career Opportunities

3.5Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight