Moody's Corporation Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Moody's is a collaborative environment.
Senior Vice President (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 13, 2018
Almost everyone is willing to engage with others and help out. Employees at all levels are encouraged to voice their opinions. Management is committed to support volunteer work and has a strong diversity program.
Pros
Flexible Working Arrangements
Cons
Compensation levels
Flexible work-life balance options and opportunities to transfer internally.
Procurement & Sourcing (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 9, 2018
It was an amazing opportunity to start with; since I left organization after 15+ years, I see a huge difference in the culture i am in now. Moody's was exceptional in how they train their employees. I have very strong skills from my training at Moody's which will never leave me. These skills have made me very valuable in the environment I am in now, and it is a very different culture .

Moody's has many opportunitiies to transfer within allowing an individual to become well rounded throughout organization. Employee resource groups are also very effective and contain a wide range of topics from new parenting circle to mentoring. At events that take place, you are able to meet different levels of employees across line of businesses. I have many memorable moments from volunteering in the community choosing from so many types of projects (gardening, soup kitchen, painting school classrooms, shelters, etc) - very rewarding feeling.

I would recommend this organization to anyone looking for a rewarding career and gaining strong networking relationships
Pros
Stable and well reputable company
Cons
depending on which area, can be rigid environment
IT Management is slow and ineffective
SENIOR BUSINESS ANALYST (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 1, 2018
If you are in IT and want to learn the latest technologies/methodologies, don't look to Moody's. Being such a large company, any kind of tech improvement involves a lot of bureaucracy and buy-in, which slows the pace of technology improvement. It is not a fast-paced, wear-multiple-hats kind of environment. IT management is very good-ole boys, with white men getting promoted much faster than anyone. While the location (1WTC) has a nice view, the open-floor plan is not conducive to being able to think and focus as you are elbow to elbow with your colleague with no walls separating you. If you want stability and security and a place to work until you retire, this is the place for you.
Pros
Summer Fridays
Cons
long hours, women not promoted
It is like a work-out with a personal trainer - it's hard, but it makes you better at what you do
Assistant Vice President (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 31, 2018
Moody's makes you really good at what you do. Increased rigor and documentation requirements shape you into a true professional. Once you work here, you can work anywhere.
Pros
Great HQ in NYC, great people
Cons
Not much WFH flexibility or holidays. Expected to work while on vacation.
Hard to find time for family
Project Manager (Sr. Oracle DBA) (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 8, 2018
Company is good in terms of progress. However, it is very difficult to get time for family and almost every weekend you have scheduled releases and have to support. If you are consultant, then there is no chance you to get time for your family and friends. You would get lot of opportunity to learn new technologies and have lot of scope to lead and manage projects.
Great Company to Work for
Manager - Data Analytics (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 6, 2018
Moody's has a great culture! There are many opportunities for advancement and growth. People are there to help you suceed in your career. I highly recommed Moody's as a place to work!
Pros
Work/life balance, great culture, opportunities for growth
Cons
Pay is a bit lower than the industry average
Beginning of a career
Property Administrator (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 4, 2018
Moody's gave me my first career out of college and I will forever be grateful. I learned a lot there from a lot of smart people. They are a great institution and one that I recommend
Pros
Great space
Public company
Analyst (Former Employee) –  MultipleJune 23, 2018
The quarterly financial statements and executive summaries are very helpful to understand MCO. They provide useful details about performance of the different teams by geographic and market segments.
Productive company, networking opportunities
Executive Assistant for Moody’s Corporation (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJune 13, 2018
It is a good place to work. People are young and starting out and there’s plenty of opportunities for internal growth. NY Office has over 6K of employees.
In a precarious spot
Senior Vice President (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 13, 2018
Moody's is somewhat of an ancillary accessory to the financial markets. It is in a precarious spot where the notion of credit rating agencies are ingrained into the process but many wonder if they need to be. As such, though it maintains a near monopoly position for its core work, some day folks might wake up and realize that their own risk management is better. Until then, Moody's is a force.
Pros
Decent pay, nice office, smart coworkers
Cons
Its a credit rating agency with all its questionable morals
A good place to work
Quantitative Financial Analyst Summer Intern (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJune 10, 2018
Good place to work, very nice people, very relax culture - fin-tech, I really enjoy working there. I left the role because my internship is over and there was no opening.
Independent COnsultant
Independent Consultant, Financial Data Analytics (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 10, 2018
During my brief tenure at moody's I was pleasantly surprised by the commeraderie within the group I was working with and the constant willingness to help each other out in an effort to strive for a common goal.
Great Company to work for.
Data Entry Operator (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 17, 2018
I enjoyed working for Moody's, Supervisors, Corp exectutives, Co-workers and staff, worked as a team, very family oriented. I would work with Moody's again.
High Stress, Management bullies employees and gets away with it
Analayst (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMay 15, 2018
High Stress environment, poor work/life balance. Management able to bully employees and HR not here to help you, they are for the management. You will only advance if you know someone, otherwise you will feel stuck in your position. Pay varies depending on who you know but certainly low pay overall compared to other companies. Not a place I would recommend anyone to work for.
Pros
ability to work from home
Cons
high cost of employee paid healthcare, poor management, low salaries
First Job Out of College
Financial Analyst (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMay 13, 2018
Moody's was my first job after graduating university. It was long ago. It was a good place to work, I met some friends. Not sure of the culture today.
High School Cliques filled with endless meetings
Senior Systems Engineer (Current Employee) –  New York, NYApril 28, 2018
If you enjoy having endless meetings (10-20 per day on your calendar), Micromanagement, available higher positions filled almost exclusively with external candidates, and management teams that operate like the main clique from 'Mean Girls' then Moody's IT might be the right company for you.
Pros
Competitive Salary
Cons
Everything else.
Good company to Intern with
Document Management Assistant (Intern) (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 23, 2018
Moodys was a very good company to Intern with, especially with it being my first. I learned many things about the business and workplace culture. I never felt that I was overwhelmed but I had multiple people willing to help me if I did feel that i was.
Ok
ServiceNow Engineer (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 20, 2018
Overall on okay experience. They have a very large team so the opportunity for collaboration is there. They have a lot going on, the management team is okay with you being independent.
Moody's
Sr. Software Engineer (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAApril 13, 2018
Moody's is a good company you should work for, which provides great opportunities to work on global projects. However, some of middle level managers commit micro management style.
Good overall company to work for
Senior Marketing Associate, Moody's Analytics (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 28, 2018
Overall I enjoyed working at Moody's. I got to learn a lot from my first manger who was very hands on and held lots of meetings. My next manager didn't have all the general skills and wasn't as good a teacher.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Moody's Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.

Women's ratings

4.0Fairygodboss Score

83%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

100%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss