Moody Bible Institute Employee Reviews

Family-style work environment
Music Department Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 28, 2019
Working at Moody was like being with family. I always felt loved and cared for by my peers and managers. The pace of work was challenging without being overwhelming.
Great
Admissions Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 28, 2019
God is doing work here! It's a fun and great environment! They treat their employees well and are always finding ways to serve one another. Love my Moody family and excited to see how God will work through Moody for more years to come!
Great job for students
Residence Life Administrative (Former Employee) –  Spokane, WAMarch 26, 2019
I was a student worker and I really felt as if the management at the Spokane campus was like family. I don't know about the current Chicago campus, but my job at the Spokane campus will forever be one of my greatest job experiences.
Great Student Job
Residence Life Desk Attendant (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMarch 19, 2019
Moody Bible Institute was a great place to work, especially if you are working part time and going to school full time. The most enjoyable part of the job is getting to interact with students and faculty! I learned administrative skills as well as an increase in leadership development abilities.
A great place to work as a college student.
Operations Support Team/Events Worker (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILMarch 14, 2019
It was a great job that helped my way through college. The culture and the people I worked with were incredible, and I am glad I worked there the entirety of my Moody career.
God bless the school that D L Moody founded
Business & Systems Manager, Retail and Video (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMarch 4, 2019
It has been many years since I worked at Moody, but I am grateful for all the skills and education, formal and informal, I received during my time there. The culture and commitment of my supervisors to make me the best I could be have been unsurpassed in any other work environment I've had. The strong commitment to the mission of the Institute permeates the organization, and I am privileged to have had my start there.
Receipting coordinator
Receipting Specialist Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMarch 4, 2019
Fast place work environment but very understanding management when there is a heavy load of work. Employers are interested in the growth of each employee and invest in lives of them.
I enjoyed my time working at Moody
Administrative Assistant Facilities Office (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 12, 2019
I worked as a student all 4 years of college. I enjoyed my managers and the flexibility I had as a student. I wish that I could go back and work there
Pros
Positive environment
Cons
No benefits as a student
Great teaching environment
Adjunct Professor, Urban Missions (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILDecember 26, 2018
I was an adjunct professor and taught one class in the fall for three years. It was Urban Issues and the Church. The class doubled in size each fall, and the students were eager learn and apply their faith in the Chicago urban setting.
Great place!
Team Member (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILDecember 6, 2018
I have loved my time at Moody Global Ministries! The people here are great. I enjoyed my interview process. If you love God and love Moody's mission, this is the place for you!
Pros
Free use of Athletic Facilities, Great work life balance
Good First Job
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILDecember 1, 2018
I worked on the Missions Conference staff doing administrative tasks to plan and run the conference
• Assisted in the planning and execution of two annual Missions Conferences and other events
• Was the Volunteer Coordinator for teams and volunteers, including their formation and communication
• Answered phone and emails, made copies,
scanned paperwork, distributed mail, created forms and spreadsheets, placed work orders, designed merchandise
healthy enviroment
Station cook (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 28, 2018
i learn how to trust my team, my manager care for me personally, the culture is great, hardest part of the job is nothing, i really enjoy my job, i get to work and inmidiatly start working in breakfast, until my coworker take over and i can move to lunch
Organization in Transition
MANAGER OF CENTRALIZED SERVICES/MOODY CENTRAL (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 20, 2018
This is an organization in transition. During my time the mission and vision was reimagined twice. this led to confusion and frustration in operating different departments. Once a course of action was settled on there was no opportunity for feedback from the bottom up. This created a culture of fear within the organization. Major downsizing led to many terminations. The terminations were not carried out with dignity.

There is new administration in place.
Pros
Great co workers, great students
Cons
Frustrating administration
COMPENSATION ANALYST (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 19, 2018
I love the ministry and the co-workers. The culture is very professional, and being a Christian organization, there is emphasis on trusting in God, and using the gospel to better ourselves and our organization.
Good environment to work in
Spanish Teacher's Assistant (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 14, 2018
The different employers I worked with were amazing and all very kind and all very caring about their employees. Working here for Food Service, Facilities, and Faculty was a joy.
Student and faculty colleague interaction are invaluable
Professor of Music (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 14, 2018
There are many plusses, many minuses to a teaching career at Moody Bible Institute. If one calculated the salary based on the amount of hours given, the per-hour rate would come in quite low.
Great people, little security
Student Engineer (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 12, 2018
I worked for the school that I attended and while there I realized not just how much the school is dependent upon the workers, but the workers upon the school. It lent to creating a great work environment with really friendly people, but was very stressful when it came to security.
Great mission, not so good pay
Staff Accountant - Financial Analyst (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 1, 2018
Moody was a great place to work and they provided an opportunity for me to get back into Accounting. It was a very spiritually nurturing environment; something that is important to me, but the pay was not good. I had a family to proved for, so I had to leave.
Pros
Very productive environment
Cons
The job didn't pay enough to support my family
Ministry Environment
Department Secretary (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 7, 2018
I loved working at Moody. I worked in the Music Department for the Director and would support the entire music faculty as well. The staff love the students and work hard to see that they excel in their music education.
Its a Ministry not a Job
Lead Grounds (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 23, 2018
Moody is a Bible College and not for Profit therefore they do not and cannot afford to pay their employees as well as they probably should. that being said they make up for it in their atmosphere and attitudes.