Moog, Inc Employee Reviews

some of the co-workers were decent
Technical Project Manager, Project Engineer, Sr (Former Employee) –  Chatsworth, CAJanuary 5, 2019
sr manager is biased, dishonest, and doesn't treat employees fairly

program managers were generally not good; the talent is on the engineering side - yet they were never recognized and given and kind of authority
Moog is an excellent company to work for
Electrical Design Engineer (Former Employee) –  East Aurora, NYDecember 17, 2018
The Moog work culture hold people to a high standard while giving them the flexibility to perform at their best. It is an honor system. Everyone tries their best because nobody wants to let the team down.
Pros
Excellent community
Cons
In my division, which was launch vehicles, failure was not an option. This lead to stressful situations at times.
decent workplace
Cleaner (Current Employee) –  East Aurora, NYNovember 4, 2018
as a cleaner you are responsible for making sure everything within the building gets clean within your shift, for the following day. That may include, sweeping, mopping, dusting, lifting various objects, scrubbing, buffing, the list goes on. I've learned independence through working in this position. Overall this is a wonderful compant to work for. They offer alot of perks and benefits and for the most part always strives to make sure the employee is satisfied
Pros
benefits, paid time off, company functions
I loved my job there
Assembler/Production (Former Employee) –  Blacksburg, VAOctober 1, 2018
Great job hard work great learning experience. They train you for soldering mayh and nlue print reading i enjoyed my friends that i made but enjoyed my work . .
No advancement
Associate A&T Engineering Technician (Former Employee) –  East Aurora, NYSeptember 23, 2018
I was told that i would receive no raises or advancement in the company unless i was continuing my education, that was incentive enough to leave the company. Best move I have ever made. Very low pay for a very expensive place to live. People say WNY is a cheap place to live, they are living in a dream world.
Pros
A lot of good people work here
Cons
Very poor management philosphy
It's a big company and it seems to treat its employees fairly
Precision Assembler III (Former Employee) –  Richmond, CAAugust 31, 2018
MOOG is a world leader in automation. I ended up there after the company I worked for was acquired. I left soon after that so I don't know to much about the parent company. The take over manager MOOG sent eventually moved on too and I was able to work for him in his new company for awhile.
Pros
Large, stable company.
Cons
None that I can think of.
Standard machine operator positions. Make sure to arrive on time.
Machinist, Grade (Former Employee) –  Blacksburg, VAAugust 27, 2018
Standard machine operator positions. Make sure to arrive on time. Good opportunities for furthering education in current position or lateral or upward movement within the company.
Great place to work in the northbrook region.
Intern (Former Employee) –  Northbrook, ILAugust 14, 2018
I learned many things working for this company. I learned how to update work instructions, assemble the quality products, and improve my own ways of communication.
Very intense production and operation of machines.
Cell Utility Operator (Former Employee) –  East Aurora, NYAugust 9, 2018
The requirements for the products generated at Moog must be at the highest level of quality and extremely tight tolerances maintaining millionths of an inch nonconforming defects.
Pros
Very nice working environment.
Cons
Difficult job.
good luck
Assembler/Tester (Former Employee) –  East Aurora, NYAugust 7, 2018
Cool place to work but not a secure job. Was a temp. Training was okay. It's not about quality it's about speed. Advice to management, quality first then speed will come. Have some patience. Over all disappointed with company.
Pros
breaks
Cons
job security
Career Growth Became Stagnant
Draftsman (Former Employee) –  East Aurora, NYJuly 26, 2018
First few years I had plenty of opportunities to grow into many different places in the department however once I transitioned under new management I was no longer positively encouraged to grow, I was held in a stagnant position and was no longer acknowledged for jobs well done and it created a toxic environment to work in.
Pros
benifits and most co-workers
Cons
management and politics
Poor Supervison
Material Analyst (Former Employee) –  Blacksburg, VAJuly 21, 2018
Direct supervisor was unprofessional, dramatic, unsatisfiable, poor training, poor instructions, promoted stress related work environment on a daily basis being instructed to secretiveness.
Pros
Good benefits.
Cons
Supervisor
you get out what you give in
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  East Aurora, NYJuly 3, 2018
it was great place to grow professionally.. my mentors who whre tenured employees that fostered a very unique and supportive culture. hardest part was saying good bye as they began to retire one by one.
Engineering Co-op (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYJune 27, 2018
Friendly colleagues, good work environment, understanding supervisors. Very satisfying job profile ans scope for climbing up the ladder in your time there.
Fast paced
Assembly & Testing Technician (Former Employee) –  Elma, NYJune 9, 2018
Fast paced environment centered around individual performance. Company focuses on contract work to meet influx of work . Good for getting experience and moving on. Bad for job security and social life. Moog makes up for this with competitive pay.
Awesome place
Electronic Assembler/Production (Former Employee) –  Blacksburg, VAJune 7, 2018
Very organized place to work. Stressful at times very challenging jobs. Government high quality work for military.....................................
Pros
Culture/Family
Cons
Low pay starting out as production worker
Good place for an intern
Engineering Intern (Former Employee) –  Springfield, PAJune 7, 2018
Learned a lot, was given a variety of tasks to work on that helped grow engineering skills in different areas. My supervisor was very willing to help me out if he had the time (he usually did). The coworkers were all easy to work with and ask for help.
ok place to work
Assembler/Tester (Current Employee) –  East Aurora, NYJune 6, 2018
plenty of hours, decent pay, terrible from a management perspective. lots of room for upward movement. good benefits (healthcare, 401K, stock options, profit sharing, etc).
Pros
pay, tons of overtime
Cons
terrible management
great place to work
Sr. Product Engineer (Former Employee) –  East Aurora, NYMay 11, 2018
great people and workplace! The travel there is not good in the winter. great place to work friendly intelligent people willing to help in any way possible.
Pros
good lunch
Cons
drive there
Product Engineering Coop
Product Engineer assisting (Former Employee) –  East Aurora, NYMay 6, 2018
This job is a great opportunity for a college student to boost their resume and gain work experience in the real world as an engineer. In addition to practicing what you learn in school, you have the chance to learn about what it takes to develop a high quality product that meets strict government requirements.