Moore Gear & Mfg. Employee Reviews

Doesn't follow through with what they say, Low Pay - Hard Work!
CNC Machinist Setup/Operator (Former Employee) –  Hermann, MOJanuary 13, 2019
They promise you the world, but don't follow through. They promise company advancement, but if they want you in a position you are in, the advancement will NEVER come. They expect the work of 3 people from 1 person. Management is not well involved in the on goings of the shop or its employees. It not a "fair" workplace. The pay is not competitive, they promise yearly raises and reviews, but reviews generally consist of everything you are doing wrong, and nothing that you are doing right and to help and advance the company. That about sums them up. I would recommend finding another position to apply for.
Official response from Moore Gear & Mfg.
March 11, 2019

This is a false statement from a disgruntled employee that never lived up to his potential. The whole situation was sad because he could do the work, but he had numerous attendance issues. We have many employees who have advanced through out the years and we celebrate each 5,10, 15, and 20 year anniversary with a catered lunch for everyone and a bonus for the employee. We are a family company and believe every one gets a fair shake.

Good place of employment
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Hermann, MOJune 14, 2017
good work and an all around good place to grow. challenging jobs to keep your mind working and learning. good people and an all around decent work experience.
One of the worst places I've ever worked
Maintenance Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Hermann, MOApril 2, 2012
There was no storeroom for parts to repair machinery, mainly a unorganized junk room. Most of the time you didn't have parts so you had to steel off other machinery for repair. Didn't even have a good selection of nuts and bolts. What I learned, it was a dangerous and unsafe place to work. Management wanted chemicals dumped outside on the ground at night, so I didn't think much about them. Great co-workers. Hardest part of the job, going to work day after day and the same old equipment broken down with no parts for a good repair. The most enjoyable part of the job at the end of the day. All in all, pretty sad!
Official response from Moore Gear & Mfg.
March 11, 2019

This comment is old and completely incorrect. We have a store room. It is organized. We have state of the art equipment and we have never dumped anything. We have a great safety record and monthly profit sharing meetings where we address, house keeping safety, and issues that affected the month.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Moore Gear & Mfg.. Our community is ready to answer.

2.3