Moorehead Communications DBA, The Cellular Connection

Moorehead Communications DBA, The Cellular Connection Employee Reviews

Fun and welcoming
Purchasing Assistant Responsibilities (Former Employee) –  Carmel, INJanuary 5, 2018
Moorehead is a warm and welcoming environment. The atmosphere feels family oriented. I loved the Culture of Good charities more than anything. Being able to give back to the community was a humbling experience.
Great Pay and Work Environment
Technical Advisor (Current Employee) –  Bath, NYNovember 28, 2017
Being apart of this team for a year has opened my eyes to what this company is all about. They definitely give you a chance to earn your money, but only if you work in a Mid-High volume store. In the year that I've worked there my pay structure has changed 3 times and the thing that I have learned about working for TCC is that Employees don't necessarily matter as much as they say they do. Whether you're there 5 months or 5 years you can lose your job in any given month if minimum standards are not met. Its the lack of job security that makes me want to leave the most. Overall, its a great company to work for if you're single and looking to make some money, but if you plan on making it a long term job you might want to explore your options.
Pros
Great Management, Flexible Schedule
Cons
Dynamic Pay Structure, Unrealistic Minimum Goals
It was okay.
Area Regional Manager/Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Stillwater, MNNovember 8, 2017
It was good at first then it slowly got worse. They gutted commissions and basically gave up on trying to keep more talented reps. Just not a good place to have a career.
Pros
Tech is cool
Cons
Second rate Verizon store
Mismanaged to the Core
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Muncie, INSeptember 18, 2017
This company is a growing one, which comes with growing pains. Advancement is possible but they might restructure and move you back in less than 3-4 months any way. Even if you relocate and move to a new area to tackle a new task for the company they'll throw you aside and say "it's just business." They like to say they're a family but it's all about money. I enjoyed working with the people in my store and even my Regional Manager, but aside from them, corporate is very delusional with their standards.
Pros
Paid Time Off, Good Co-Workers, Good Products
Cons
Holidays, Hours, Retail
Best sales job you can get as a 20 year old.
Cellular Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  TucsonSeptember 5, 2017
TCC was awesome. The pay is great as long as you know how to sell. CEO is a really good guy who you'll probably meet when you get sent on a free trip to CHICAGO to stay in a five star hotel and an open bar.
Pros
Relaxed
Used to be a great company
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Kingston, NYMay 17, 2017
This company was great to work for when I first started with them. Once the son took over the atmosphere changed. I preferred the family run business compared to corporate.
Great company
Cellular/Satellite Returns Specialist (Former Employee) –  Marion, INMay 5, 2017
Worked for them for over 14 years and would love the opportunity to do it again. Unfortunately they closed their doors in my town and re-rooted in another city.
great place great people
dba TCC- Market Manager (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDApril 23, 2017
Great sales culture has been created over the years. Im no longer with this company by circumstance, but given the right opportunity, would return without a doubt.
Pros
great culture, advancement opportunity, leadership that wants to build their people
Cons
constant change
Simply amazing
Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  West Allis, WIApril 5, 2017
Great company to work for. They are always willing to assist in development and advancement. Culture of good is a plus. The company focuses on returning assurance to the community and their family's
Ok
Manager (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMarch 22, 2017
I try not to bash my former employer but i will say that i loved working with the people i did see day to day but i felt that management was a bit out of touch with the front lines. I found the pay to be ok towards the end and overall the company had good intentions. If you are very very competitive and aggressive you can last long such as i did for 8 1/2 years here. Very hard to move up within this company, it is a very "Who you know" kind of place not based on performance or the little things that you do like cleaning, inventory (etc). I did learn a lot working in Different Markets about how to excel outside of my comfort zone.
Alright company
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Coventry, RIMarch 11, 2017
I loved my customers and working with them. The regional manager was the reason I was fired. I used a phone case to promote their products and I was accused of stealing and let go for it when the manager knew I had the phone case and it never left the store.
Pros
A lot of hours
Cons
Disagreeing management
One of the best companies I have ever called home.
Corporate Trainer (Current Employee) –  Carmel, INDecember 18, 2016
Working for TCC has been an experience I will never forget. One of the greatest things they have going for them is the caliber of people they hire. I absolutely love all of the people that I have met within my 2+ years working for this company. Everyone is eager excel at their job and always willing to lend a helping hand on any and everything they can.

A typical week for my current role is traveling, coordinating hotel stays closest to classes being held, setting up classes to facilitate training's, contacting MIT's (managers in training) to help further their progress through out the 6 month program, store visits in my area to observe sales and help coach on missed opportunities, and also the creations of new classes to offer to leadership to bring into their areas.

The hardest part as a Corporate Trainer is the struggle of working with MIT's that do not take the program serious. The program is meant for self development, which in return allows for those who lack self motivation to fail. As a trainer and having a majority of your bonuses lay heavily on the success rate of MIT graduates, its hard not to step in and try to coach for a more successful quarter on my end. Holding an MIT's hand through out the program would go against everything we designed the program to do. Which is to separate those who have the will power for self development and also to show those who have great use of time management.

The most enjoyable part about my job as a Corporate Trainer is knowing that I have a hand in providing best practices for the field. Coming out and teaching classes
  more... on how we must approach our customers. The best feeling in the world to me as a trainer is teaching a class and seeing someone in class have that light bulb moment.  less
Pros
Great team work, company gym, employees
Cons
Job security
Great family environment
Purchasing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Marion, INDecember 2, 2016
Fast paced. Very poor communication of what was expected by upper management. Great co-workers and team work. Learned how to communicate with people in the company stores to control inventory.
great place to work but poor store management
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Huntington, INMarch 23, 2016
I really enjoy working at TCC the job give me the freedom to earn what I want to earn. The training and corporate staff are absolutely wonderful. They work hard to create a positive environment and to make each employee feel valued. My concerns are at the store level management. I have experience poorly trained managers, they know the job yet have no ability to lead or inspire growth within the company. Past the store management level things change and truly reflect what the company is about.
Work with some really great people
Sales (Current Employee) –  Bolingbrook, ILJanuary 27, 2016
Overall, the job itself got worse over time. Benefits are great. My co-workers here are some of the best people to work with. We are a very tight knit store.
Decent
corporate office (Former Employee) –  Marion, INJanuary 5, 2016
While there were lots of perks to the job, the upper management cared little for their employees. The community outreach program was nice, but you were sometimes forced to volunteer for groups you did not identify with.
More than expected
Returns Specialist, Stock Clerks- (Current Employee) –  Marion, INNovember 9, 2015
Moorehead Communications (TCC) is an amazing place to work. Management are the best in the industry and locally. My co-workers are hard working and detail oriented. My co-workers show up every day and work hard to accomplish company goals. This business is one of the best about maintaining the relationship between work and home. They have a Culture of Good program that allows each member of the company to volunteer in the community and make a difference. They have an amazing benefits package and fun incentives daily, weekly, and monthly.
Cons
The company will no longer be in Marion, Indiana.
Growth Opportunity
Returns Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Marion, INOctober 26, 2015
This company is a fast growing and fast moving company that has ample room for personal growth. I have grown in the aspect of professionalism and logistical thinking.
Pros
great life and work balance, gym at work, culture of good
Cons
jobs moving to Carmel IN
Is a great company to work for and has been my home for 11 years
Administrative Assistant to Distribution V.P (Current Employee) –  Marion, INOctober 22, 2015
I enjoy greatly my work with this company. It has a great culture and treat its employees extremely well.

Very involved in the community through their culture of good program

Have learned may useful skills in office administration from my years here
Pros
Flexibility in my schedule
Cons
Moving all corporate operations to Carmel
excellent
Moorehead Communications dba TCC- Market Manager (Current Employee) –  baltimore, mdOctober 16, 2015
fast growing company thats starting to catch up with its growth operationally. When I came on the last thing i though was making a career out of the opportunity. Over time I've come to learn that this is all around a great place to be and a great place to grow.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Moorehead Communications DBA, The Cellular Connection. Our community is ready to answer.

Moorehead Communications DBA, The Cellular Connection Reviews by Location