Moorpark Country Club Employee Reviews

Nope.
Bartender (Former Employee) –  Moorpark, CANovember 11, 2019
Recent management change and it was the worst thing this place could have done. While the banquets end of the business is extremely well ran, the food and beverage department is being ran by someone who consistently plays favorites and is not secretive about it. Went from 30-35 hours a week to about 10 hours a week the second I made a complaint to HR. Save your time. Cart girls/snack bar only work on Weekends and are not allowed to accept credit cards which cut tips for employees in about 1/2. Used to be an awesome place to work. It is absolutely not worth it anymore. Find a different place to go and save yourself some time.
Seemed Promising Until the first day
Bartender (Current Employee) –  Moorpark, CAAugust 30, 2019
Beautiful club, great members, But the General Manger doesnt know how to run a Country Club. I have Been here a few years, and they dont like to promote with in, he rather hire from with out.
Fast Paced
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Moorpark, CAApril 11, 2019
Consistent shifts, friendly employees, flexible hours, overall a good place to work. The restaurant itself is beautiful, the flowers are always maintained and the facilities are nice
unorganized management
Mixologist/server (Former Employee) –  Moorpark, CAJanuary 25, 2019
expect to be told what to do even if you are already doing your job, expect to be micro-managed and over worked. know your duties and make sure they are completed by shift end and also help others with their duties, you will also be held responsible for managing others, though you are not in a management position. The best part of the shift is customers and members who are happy to see you and enjoy your service.
Pros
part time with great pay when tips are good
Cons
no benefits/you hold no value to the company
Fun, rewarding experience
Outside Services Attendant (Former Employee) –  Moorpark, CAJune 4, 2018
Working at Moorpark Country Club allowed me to meet some great members and see how a nice club ran its operations. It helped me reinforce good working habits that are necessary for later in life.
Country Club Life
Banquet's Sous Chef/ Lead Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Country Club, FLDecember 30, 2015
It was such a privilege and honor to have the opportunity to work at Moorpark Country Club as my first job right out of Culinary School. It was great private to work under and b mentored by some great Chefs. From the executive down to the newest line cook, I learned so much from all of them.
fast paced, good co workers
Server/Bartender (Former Employee) –  Moorpark, CAJune 28, 2013
A typical day at work would be to get in, stock the bar, set the cocktail tables in the bar area and make sure that they have been wiped down by a busboy. I would then take lunch, breakfast and dinner orders as well as make cocktails and serve drinks to the guests. At the end of the day I would re stock the bar, count the register, make sure the bar has been wiped down and the tables have been bussed and wiped down.
Great workplace
Banquet Server (Former Employee) –  MoorparkMay 13, 2013
Very professional people, helped set up for banquets and did a lot of teamwork
Fun Job
Banquet Server (Current Employee) –  Moorpark, CADecember 8, 2012
I really love my job, the atmosphere and my co workers. My supervisors are great as well. The pay is way less than to be desired.
Pros
co workers
Cons
pay
In two years we were able to develop a formidable hospitaliy facility to service the local community and serounding counties.
Director of Food and Beverage / Executive Chef (Former Employee) –  Moorpark, CAMay 23, 2012
I was hired to increase Food & Beverage sales sales from $650,000 to 1mil within twelve months, in seventeen months our sales reached 1.7 mil. we increased menu variety to include a fresh Sushi six days a week, added weekend dinner service with live local music. The greatest improvement was developing catering sales revenue to 1.2 mil per year. A large part of catering sales were developed through a well defined wedding facility including the sight and ball room.
Pros
beautiful facility, rebuilding the kitchen, ball room and a $75, 000 wine vault. we were well funded by the owner.
Cons
inexperienced owner management with hospitality, however we were all up to speed in two years.