Moraine Park Technical College Employee Reviews

Good Place
Student Worker (Former Employee) –  WIMarch 28, 2018
Good place, good people. Great place to learn about different jobs and get yourself acquainted with your field. the staff is great and cares about their students
Inspiring place to work, Culinary is fun department to be in.
Support Staff (Current Employee) –  Fond du Lac, WI 54935February 21, 2018
Love the educational environment and sense that we are building future workforce. Other departments are full of kind, considerate and devoted people. Diverse student body with important student initiatives.
Pros
Good pay, learning environment, diverse culture.
Cons
No benefits for my level of employment, I wish there were more students in halls
Review summary
Adjunct Faculty Member (Former Employee) –  West Bend, WIFebruary 20, 2018
Position had little room for advancement. The organization was overall pleasant. Faculty and staff were pleasant to work with. Compensation was acceptable.
Pros
Faculty
Cons
Opportunities for advancement
Supportive Work Environment
Learning Resource Center Technician (Current Employee) –  Fond du Lac, WIFebruary 4, 2018
This place encourages continuous learning and pretty laid back work environment. I enjoyed the staff and the students who came in. I felt that most of the management supported those who continued their education. There is not much room for advancement in my current work department.
Great Work Study. Would Suggest For Any Students
Greeter (Former Employee) –  Fond du Lac, WIJanuary 16, 2018
This was a great warm body job with little to no stress. My manager, boss, and all my coworkers were absolutely amazing. If you're a student at Moraine Park and need a job I highly suggest picking up a work study.
Excellent place to work
Learning Resource Center Assistant (Former Employee) –  West Bend, WIJanuary 2, 2018
Good people, excellent working conditions. Technical college, so it is constantly changing and always challenging. Rewarding work with a chance to help people better themselves.
Nice place to work
Adjunct Instructor (Part-time) (Current Employee) –  Fond du Lac, WIOctober 26, 2017
You work with a wide array of students from different backgrounds. There are various teaching positions available from full time work to adjunct staff.
Pros
Work from home
Cons
Some distance driving at times
Feels like Family
Student Life Assistant (Current Employee) –  West Bend, WIOctober 20, 2017
Moraine Park is the most supportive environment I have ever worked in. Everyone is a team player and tries to help one another to succeed. They all know the focus is on helping students succeed and that really shows.
Great opportunitiy to impact the lives of others
Adjunct Instructor (Current Employee) –  Fond du Lac, WIOctober 17, 2017
I enjoy the opportunity to work with individuals and provide them with the tools that will lead them to professional and personal fulfillment. The students are very respectful and appreciate my efforts to add more than just course content to the instruction.
Excellent Staff to work with
Work Study Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Beaver Dam, WIJuly 26, 2017
I love this school. I have been going here for school and for a work study. The staff are so helpful and great to work with. While I was there I would make up flyers and other documents to help the student life staff for upcoming events. I also made up documents for the advisor of student life.
Affordable, focus on patient care
Student (Former Employee) –  Fond du Lac, WIMay 21, 2017
Moraine park offered a great variety of learning clinical experience. This was a great nursing program and I would highly recommend this program. The associate nursing program was focused on patient care and really emphasized the nursing process approach to patient care.
Pros
affordable
Nursing assistant Course
Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  West Bend, WIMay 14, 2017
I went to Moraine Park for my Nursing Assistant course which I received my diploma.
This course allowed me to learn the right way to assist patients. It also would prepare me for the Annual state test.
Pros
Learning the right way to do skills, and safer methods to care for patients.
Cons
Lots to remember
Informative
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fond du Lac, WIMarch 27, 2017
This place lets me learn variety of jobs. However, you are pretty much on your own although everyone is helpful. They are willing to reteach and help out.
Tutor
Tutor (Former Employee) –  West Bend, WIDecember 13, 2016
Tutoring through MPTC is a great way to make a little extra cash. Its nice to be able to keep on top of previous classes and pick your own hours.
Pros
extra cash
Cons
temporary
Enjoyable
Tutor/Mentor (Current Employee) –  Beaver Dam, WIOctober 5, 2016
Enjoyable work environment with friendly staff and students. Allows me to work around my class and work schedule so that I can still help students in need.
MPTC Job Review
Temporary Assistant 2 - Library (Current Employee) –  Beaver Dam, WIMarch 30, 2016
I worked in the Student Success Center and the Library. I was a work study in each of these jobs which helped me finance my education. With training in the Student Success Center, if I encountered a student struggling in a class I would direct them to the Student Success Center for more assistance. Being a student with experience on the MPTC website, while working in the Library, I would encounter students struggling with the website. I would write down instructions of how to navigate through the system. This was a great comfort to the older students returning to school after being out of many years.
Mptc
Sales Associate at NTB (Current Employee) –  Fond du Lac, WIFebruary 12, 2014
I have been very fortunate to have the teachers in my program. They are very knowledgeable and are working tirelessly to get all of us a job!
Pros
Starting a career
Cons
Takes time away from current job
Great!
Human Resources Intern (Current Employee) –  Fond du Lac, WiDecember 26, 2013
I had a very easy time signing up for classes, when a class was not offered that I needed they let me substitute classes, which gave me the ability to graduate in 1 year instead of 2. I feel as if I learned a lot and will have the skills I need. I was hired as the human resources intern at Moraine Park as well, which was incredibly knowledgeable. I learned a lot of about document imaging, applicant tracking, screening, interviewing at different levels and much more. I love the people I worked with and the environment in which I worked in.
Great Experience
Computer Technical Support Temp (internship) (Former Employee) –  Fond du Lac, WIDecember 26, 2013
I learned a lot working at Moraine Park and it was a great experience.
Was able to help fellow students that were struggling in classes.
Tech Support Department Lab Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fond du Lac, WISeptember 8, 2013
While I was attending MPTC, I was given the opportunity to help fellow students excel in classes that they were failing. This job gave me a sense of accomplishment that I did not have prior to attending school. I was paid minimum wage during this time to supplement my schooling. I would meet with a select student during out of class times and teach them what they would need to know to pass the class. I also wrote notes for students that did not know how to take good notes. The hardest part of the job was when the students did not show up to get help.
Pros
Feeling needed
Cons
The job only lasted until I graduated.