Moraine Valley Community College Employee Reviews

The saddest part of this job.
Adjunct Instructor (Current Employee) –  Palos Hills, ILSeptember 30, 2018
The company is full time teacher focused. Prefers younger professors, as compared to seasoned instructors. Adjunct instructors are underemployed and deserve much better.
Pros
Nice teacher's lounge
Cons
No advancement for part-time instructors.
A great place to learn and a great place to teach.
Multimedia Instruction Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Palos Hills, ILAugust 26, 2018
I had the opportunity to teach as part of the design degree program as well as professional level drafting, design and animation courses. The facilities, hardware and software were top notch and well managed.
Pros
Excellent students, faculty and staff
Nice environment for a first job.
Student Employee (Former Employee) –  Palos Hills, ILAugust 26, 2018
It was a relaxed work environment that helped you get to know both fellow students and employees. Worked fairly independently, but had co-workers who were also students. The job being based around a school schedule helped you know when it would be busier.
Pros
Working on the same campus as your classes.
Cons
Limited hours available
Computer Lab Aide (Former Employee) –  Palos Hills, ILAugust 15, 2018
I was very happy with this company and would recommend it. I was a student aide and was happy to be able to earn money for work and continue my education. Sometimes, was able to do homework while working which was especially nice!!
Adjunct faculty
Adjunct Faculty - Respiatory Therapy Program (Former Employee) –  Palos Hills, ILAugust 1, 2018
In the years that I was an adjunct faculty member at the college, I feel like it was a good working environment with very helpful supportive staff members.
Productive and fun work place
Student Laboratory Aide (Current Employee) –  Palos Hills, ILJuly 30, 2018
Good place to keep school a priority while making money. You meet great people that encourage you education, a very diverse community. Depending on you department you learn a lot that help you throughout life.
Interesting work with students and faculty - learned how to design an internship program for the school.
Department Assistant (Former Employee) –  Palos Hills, ILJuly 14, 2018
Excellent experience with tons of support from the faculty and my boss. Lots of multi-tasking, and traveling to solicit organizations for our internship program.
Pros
Extremely busy
Cons
Extremely busy
Staff are all wonderful
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Palos Hills, ILJuly 6, 2018
Everyone who works here are so nice. They are very flexible with your schedule and pay you accordingly. They will work with you when you are in school.
Great Place to Work
Program Manager (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 1, 2018
Stay away from the grant funded positions...which was how my program was cut. Despite this, great environment to work with overall friendly people. Relaxed environment
Pros
Great Environment
Cons
Diversity, career advancement
Excellent starting point
Library Computer Tech (Former Employee) –  Palos Hills, ILJune 30, 2018
Moraine Valley is an excellent starting point for students gain work experience, learn valuable skills, and advance positions within the college. The management is very friendly and attentive to the job's requirements and student's schedules
Enjoyable Job
Coding Tutor (Former Employee) –  Palos Hills, ILJune 25, 2018
While working as the Coding Tutor I met so many wonderful peers who will be working in the Medical Billing/Coding and Information Technology professions.
Productive and quick paced job
Student Aid Academic Advising (Former Employee) –  Palos Hills, ILJune 11, 2018
I liked this job because whenever we weren't busy i would have extra time to work on my homework. It is also where i studied so I didn't have to spend money on gas. There was a lot of filing, scanning, printing, and data entry. Everyone around me was professional and respectful.
overall its a nice place to work
digital press operator (Former Employee) –  Palos Hills, ILJune 2, 2018
a very good college to work for care very much about there employee
the day is typical only when the semester start it gets kind of busy you get to learn about the instructor and students. the management is good always have classes you can take to better yourself, the place is very friendly and the staff gets along very well team work as you say,
Pros
no comment
Cons
no comment
Humanities Instructor (Current Employee) –  Palos Hills, ILMay 14, 2018
Administration is helpful and kind. The pay is respectful, and the union is effective at negotiating contracts and decent annual raises. The students, for the most part, a delight to work with.
Help students during class
Assist the professor during class (Former Employee) –  Palos Hills, ILMay 10, 2018
A typical day at work I help the professor with the powerpoint presentation, help the students understand the topics in class and help the students with homework.
It was fun and competitive workplace
Library Tutor (Current Employee) –  Palos Hills, ILApril 30, 2018
the workplace culture was awesome, I was able to help too many students and know more about there cultures. Also, I learned a lot form my supervisor and from my manger too.
MVCC Workplace
Student Aide in Career Programs Office (Former Employee) –  Palos Hills, ILApril 27, 2018
Great place to work at as a student aide. Great people, they care about everyone and try their best to meet the needs of everyone that walks in through the doors.
Great place to work!
Departmental Assistant (Former Employee) –  Blue Island, ILApril 19, 2018
Moraine Valley has such a great atmosphere and is wonderful to work for! There is always room for growth and supervisors are always willing to help to improve your work and ethic. They offer great benefits to their employees and truly appreciate their staff.
Pros
Benefits, tuition reimbursement, positive work environment
Cons
n/a
Great
Composition Adjunct Professor (Current Employee) –  Palos Hills, ILFebruary 17, 2018
I thoroughly enjoy working at MVCC. All of the Professors are extremely knowledgable in their fields of study; the supervisors are always extremely supportive.
laidback
Lab Aide (Former Employee) –  Palos Hills, ILFebruary 13, 2018
job was easy all we had to do was keep the tool storage room clean and when students needed a tool we would good get it. we also only had to stay 10 minutes after the classes got out to clean up. there are two different shifts that could be done. 7:30-3:30pm and 5:30-11:20pm the likely hood that you would stay that whole time was slim to none. however you did get paid for that whole time even if you did stay the whole time.
Pros
easy, relaxing
Cons
sometimes you had to fix teachers cars if you had the skills to with the teacher and or other aide