Moraine Valley Community College Employee Reviews

overall its a nice place to work
digital press operator (Former Employee) –  Palos Hills, ILJune 2, 2018
a very good college to work for care very much about there employee
the day is typical only when the semester start it gets kind of busy you get to learn about the instructor and students. the management is good always have classes you can take to better yourself, the place is very friendly and the staff gets along very well team work as you say,
Pros
no comment
Cons
no comment
Humanities Instructor (Current Employee) –  Palos Hills, ILMay 14, 2018
Administration is helpful and kind. The pay is respectful, and the union is effective at negotiating contracts and decent annual raises. The students, for the most part, a delight to work with.
Help students during class
Assist the professor during class (Former Employee) –  Palos Hills, ILMay 10, 2018
A typical day at work I help the professor with the powerpoint presentation, help the students understand the topics in class and help the students with homework.
It was fun and competitive workplace
Library Tutor (Current Employee) –  Palos Hills, ILApril 30, 2018
the workplace culture was awesome, I was able to help too many students and know more about there cultures. Also, I learned a lot form my supervisor and from my manger too.
MVCC Workplace
Student Aide in Career Programs Office (Former Employee) –  Palos Hills, ILApril 27, 2018
Great place to work at as a student aide. Great people, they care about everyone and try their best to meet the needs of everyone that walks in through the doors.
Great place to work!
Departmental Assistant (Former Employee) –  Blue Island, ILApril 19, 2018
Moraine Valley has such a great atmosphere and is wonderful to work for! There is always room for growth and supervisors are always willing to help to improve your work and ethic. They offer great benefits to their employees and truly appreciate their staff.
Pros
Benefits, tuition reimbursement, positive work environment
Cons
n/a
Great
Composition Adjunct Professor (Current Employee) –  Palos Hills, ILFebruary 17, 2018
I thoroughly enjoy working at MVCC. All of the Professors are extremely knowledgable in their fields of study; the supervisors are always extremely supportive.
laidback
Lab Aide (Former Employee) –  Palos Hills, ILFebruary 13, 2018
job was easy all we had to do was keep the tool storage room clean and when students needed a tool we would good get it. we also only had to stay 10 minutes after the classes got out to clean up. there are two different shifts that could be done. 7:30-3:30pm and 5:30-11:20pm the likely hood that you would stay that whole time was slim to none. however you did get paid for that whole time even if you did stay the whole time.
Pros
easy, relaxing
Cons
sometimes you had to fix teachers cars if you had the skills to with the teacher and or other aide
It was a safe environment to work in
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Palos Hills, ILJanuary 7, 2018
I had received great experience from working on a school campus. I learned more about computers. There weren't any hard parts of my job. I loved working with everyone.
Nice people
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Palos Hills, ILDecember 30, 2017
I enjoyed the environment of the department. They director was very understanding. They pay could be better. I would work there again if they increase the pay.
Work-study approved
Receptionist/Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Palos Hills, ILDecember 22, 2017
While working at Moraine you'd think i was a staff member, but no I was actually a work-study employee. I was a full-time student at Moraine and thought it'd be interesting to work there as well. They work well with your schedule and give you easy tasks to do. Its enjoyable and slow paced but as you work more you give you more responsibility when they trust you at that point.
Great place to work for most
Assistant Technical Director (Former Employee) –  Palos Hills, ILNovember 16, 2017
My manager did not care for the staff and it showed by the way he scheduled the events with no regard for staff, as well as enough time to properly setup and work events
Wonderful Community College Atmosphere
Adjunct Professor of English (Former Employee) –  Palos Hills, ILNovember 1, 2017
The best part of MVCC is the students and coworkers. Everyone there seems to be on the same page and looking to achieve a common purpose. The campus is expanding and the facilities are getting much stronger, which only adds to the experience of working there.
Pros
Location, Students, Colleagues
Cons
Not Enough Computer Labs
review
Student Aide (Former Employee) –  Palos Hills, ILOctober 24, 2017
I get to learned about a typical office day.
The hours were flexible because I had school work to do.
I went from one end to the campus to the other end of the campus.
Short-term job
MEDICAL TRANSCRIPTION INSTRUCTOR (Former Employee) –  Palos Heights, ILOctober 23, 2017
This was a temporary job teaching laid-off workers new skills. It was difficult to teach there because they had me in a large open room with other classes taking place at the same time. My voice didn't project too well and it was hard for students to hear me.
Pros
Rewarding job
Cons
Too much noise in the classroom
Great place to learn!
Student Aid (Former Employee) –  Cook County, ILOctober 13, 2017
It was a perfect place to work because I just had to walk accros the campus. I've got to learn a lot about Anatomy and Microbiology. I should say that this job is not for the people who are sensitive to smells. :)
Pros
Time to do your homework
Workload is decent
Tutor/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Palos Hills, ILOctober 11, 2017
Coworkers are very helpful. The supervisors are typically reasonable with the day to day running of the institution. There is a lot of support at the tutoring center.
Hardest part of the job
Transfer Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Palos Hills, ILOctober 10, 2017
So much to do and not enough time to do it all. Great atmosphere and colleagues, I just wish I could do more. There are so many great ideas and initiatives... learning is always promoted and supported.
This was a learning Internship for College Credit
Internship program for one semester (Former Employee) –  Palos Heights, ILJuly 12, 2017
This was an Internship for college credit, so I did not get paid for my work there. Instead I received valuable insight and knowledge of how the different parts of an IT department work/work together.
Little hours, long travel distance
Developmental reading instructior (Former Employee) –  Palos Hills, ILJuly 5, 2017
I was not teaching enough classes so I was not able to continue working there. Even though I paid into a pension, I couldn't justify the driving with the little amount of money I was making.
Pros
Interesting work, pension.
Cons
Far drive, too little money.