Moran Transportation Employee Reviews

this place is not a good work place
Billing clerk (Former Employee) –  location elk grove villageJuly 16, 2018
the managment at moran transportation is not what you think this place sucks so bad i had to quit working there i would gt screamed at from the the customer service rep as if i was her child no i did everything i was suppose to i worked long hrs there and didnt get out til 4am
Pros
Cons
this place is a horrible place to work
Data Entry Administrator
Data Entry Administrator (Current Employee) –  Eagan, MNJuly 16, 2018
Steady pace of workload with the balance of creating bills, answer calls, and assisting customers. Work effectively with Dispatch managers to ensure all bills and documents are created within a timely manner.
Good place to work if you're new to operating a forklift
FORKLIFT DOCK WORKER (Former Employee) –  Elk Grove Village, ILJuly 14, 2018
Overall my experience at Moran transportation was great. The people you get to work with and management are a pleasure to work with. Great place to start off as a forklift operator or a cdl driver
bad
Forklift Operator (Current Employee) –  Elk Grove, ILMay 11, 2018
Upper Management Does not know how to resolve a situation
No Communication needs better personal in the front office..
Resolve issues and not cover them up
No regrets
Linehaul Driver (Current Employee) –  Bloomington, ILApril 6, 2018
Very friendly work place where everyone knows your name great benefits, home nightly, a place you can call home. the managers listen to you and try to help you in any way.
Pros
30 mins lunch breaks - healthcare
Fun job
Driver (Current Employee) –  Elk Grove Village, ILApril 6, 2018
Nice job, good people, great work, nice equipment. I like working here for the past 4 years and have not complaints and no plans on leaving anytime soon.
Pros
healthcare & paid vacation
Cons
bad walkie talkie radios
Excellent Company
Driver (Former Employee) –  Elk Grove Village, ILApril 2, 2018
This is a great company to work for and I would still be there if my wife had not been relocated. I always felt like part of the team and could always address my managers if there was an issue. If you are looking for a long term home I would would recommend. No job is perfect but I would put this company as one of the one or two best places I have worked in my many years of driving a truck.
love the job
LTL Driver (Current Employee) –  Elkhart, INJanuary 20, 2018
Great job, I do not intend to leave here. I like my co-workers, I'm treated with respect, I don't have a manager yelling at me if I go a minute over my break time, & I drive a nice new Peterbilt.
Pros
healthcare, life insurance, & 401K
Terrible place to work
Striaght Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Elkhart, INDecember 5, 2017
Poor management ..no raises or overtime pay all straight pay...the owner of the whole Maron Transportation company doesn't care about his people and treats people like they're nothing. Very high turn over rate..no new trucks .The liftgates on the trucks are bent which is very unsafe. I recommend to stay far away as possible from this company
Pros
Healthcare
Cons
Poor management
looking to driving semi.
Truck Driver (Current Employee) –  Elk Grove Village, ILNovember 7, 2017
I don't like how they load trucks and the amount of work you do you,ll
not getting paid what you'll worth,they don't have a pay scale and when I started I wanted to drive tractor trailer but he needed me to drive straight truck but I was promise when I got hire that I would drive tractor trailer,now that I done drove so long he told me he needs me driving straight and he also promise me a raise and I been their over a year and a half and I haven't receive one yet and I need to drive tractor trailer before I lose my skills I just need a chance to drive tractor trailer so I can move on.
Productive and good job
LTL Driver (Current Employee) –  Elk Grove Village, ILNovember 5, 2017
Nice place to work at. Family owned and operated. I like the nice equipment and the people that work there are also very funny and kind. Overall I have no complaints and if I do, management will listen to them.
Pros
Healthcare & new trucks
Cons
30 min lunch breaks
Great job! Nice, new trucks!
LTL Straight Truck Driver (Current Employee) –  Elk Grove, ILOctober 28, 2017
Great job, nice people, great product/freight to work with, and nice new trucks. I like working here for the past 4 years. Family owned company, so everyone cares.
Pros
New trucks & healthcare
Cons
Na
good job
Straight Truck Driver (Current Employee) –  Elkhart, INOctober 19, 2017
This is a private family owned trucking company that has several terminals in the upper Midwest. It is more family oriented and therefore has a more relaxed atmosphere. The job can become tedious, so you need to mix it up a bit. Nice having some freedom when working as compared to other companies.
Pros
Healthcare
Cons
Could get an angry customer
Nice place to work at
LTL P&D Tractor Trailer Driver (Current Employee) –  Rockford, ILOctober 11, 2017
MTC is a nice place to work at. I'm treated with respect and get to drive new equipment. I like meeting new customers and the people I work with daily. I plan on staying here until I retire.
Pros
Healthcare & new equipment
Cons
DOT pulling you over is annoying. But that's a trucker's life.
Nice place to spend my day.
LTL Tractor Trailer Driver (Current Employee) –  Elkhart, INOctober 9, 2017
Nice place to work at. I'm a P&D driver at Moran who also helps out a little with the dock. A typical day for me is to come in, unload the linehaul trailers from other Moran locations. I help load some of the trucks and then go on out and deliver freight. I then usually take my lunch and then I check my Moran radio/phone for my pick ups. Every once and a while, I do linehaul to Moran's Corporate location in Chicago or to their Indy or Bloomington office.
Pros
Nice People & Good Equipment
Cons
not the best place to work
Dock Foreman/Class A CDL driver (Former Employee) –  Elkhart, INAugust 9, 2017
I loved my job loading and unloading the trucks ,driving semi, doing manifesting and routing,getting the drivers ready for the day, answering the phone the company has no respect for their employees a lot of turn over
Pros
healthcare
Cons
no respect
Typical day
CDL Class B Driver (Current Employee) –  Elk Grove Village, ILJuly 30, 2017
You arrive and work in the morning, p/u your bills check freight on truck to make sure you have the correct freight, make delivers and pick-up during the day and return to terminal at the end of day.
Pros
By yourself
Cons
No pay raises, No overtime
Great place to be at!
LTL Driver (Current Employee) –  Elkhart, INJuly 25, 2017
I've been with MTC for the past 17 years and I still love coming to work everyday to see everyone at dispatch and on the dock. I also like how your not stuck behind a desk the whole day and you can just get in the truck and go to see new people and places everyday!
Pros
Great People & Nice Clean new trucks
Cons
N/a
No overtime paid!
Driver (Former Employee) –  Elk Grove Village, ILMay 20, 2017
Unorganized, unprofessional, terrible trucks to drive, routing is horrible! The employees all hate their jobs, so every morning they spend the first half hour talking about how horrible the working conditions are.
Pros
Plenty of hours available because everyone quits. I quit!
Cons
Moran is a job but no real career path is obvious.
Linehaul Semi Driver (Current Employee) –  Elk Grove Village, ILMay 18, 2017
Moran is a good place to work. I would like more transparency as it relates to pay progression versus the good old boy approach. I would like sick and personal days. I would like better linehaul tractors.
Pros
Lots of freight to work with
Cons
No sick pay or personal day pay

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Moran Transportation. Our community is ready to answer.