Moravian Village of Bethlehem Employee Reviews

Gained much experience
Certified Nursing Aide (Former Employee) –  526 wood st bethlehem pa 18018February 20, 2018
A typical day at work involved me bathing,dressing, grooming patients. Performed and provided all standard personal care duties to patients. Transferred patients from bed to wheelchair using hoyer lift and/or gait belt and escorted patients to dinning room to have their morning breakfast,fed patients.Emptied urinary drainage bags,assist in bathroom, performed incontinent care,changed bed linens,took vital signs. I performed all duties on patients with different physical and psychological ailments. I gained a great deal of experience working at Moravian Village.
great place to work!
Wait Staff/Server (Former Employee) –  Bethlehem, PAJanuary 25, 2018
This is a great place to work, flexible with hours, pay is good, residents are nice, workers are all great to work with as well. The hardest part of the job is dealing with angry residents.
Not great
Utility Worker (Current Employee) –  Bethlehem, PAJanuary 14, 2018
This job is terrible and the pay is ridiculously low, Employees aren't treated equally than others and the environment is very toxic for anyone who is young. 1/10 would not recommend
Pros
Hours
Cons
Pay, Managers
Receptionist/Resident Support (Current Employee) –  Bethlehem, PANovember 1, 2017
Moravian Village upper managers are very personable, understanding and makes it known that they appreciate their employees. I have no intentions of leaving my job!
Great WorkPlace
Dietary Aide (Former Employee) –  Bethlehem, PASeptember 24, 2017
The management Sucked I hated washing dishes. but I would recommend this job to someone I only worked 3 hours a day 3 days aweek that wasn't really a job
Pros
Great People
Cons
Not enough Hours
Good first job
Healthcare Food Services Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Bethlhem, PaSeptember 9, 2017
It was a good first job. The highlight of my day was being able to interact with the residents. I definitely advanced as an employee and the management staff is extremely nice. The residents were always the main priority. The hardest part of my job was working in a really hot kitchen and dealing with uncooperative co-workers.
Pros
Residents, Flexibility with hours, & Christmas bonus
Cons
co-workers with a negative attitude
Productive and the workplace was fun and energized.
Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Bethlehem, PAAugust 30, 2017
Moravian Village was enjoyable to work at. The employees were nice and very understandable . The managment was very organized and very compassionate. Managers always asked if the employee were doing good and constantly checking up on everyone.
Pros
Great people, fun environment
Cons
low lay
five star.
Cleaner/Maintenance of all equipment (Former Employee) –  Bethlehem, PAJuly 8, 2017
Day starts with checking the floors to see which needs attention.
I learned that management appreciates a good worker.
Culture is very diverse.
Hardest part is getting good equipment to do your job.
you must know by now time to go home.
Pros
Cons
need equipment.
Great location for a job
Health care Utility (Current Employee) –  Bethlehem, PAJune 15, 2017
A typical day for me is to come into work and wash pots and pans that are loaded onto a three layered cart. Sweep and mop the entire kitchen floor. Clean stove tops after the chefs are done using it. Taking out heavy trash cans.
Overworked and underpaid
Host (Former Employee) –  Bethlehem, PADecember 20, 2016
The residents are by far the most rewarding part of the job. And the coworkers. However the amount of nonsense thrown at you day in and a day out isn't worth it for the pay.
Pros
Full time hours
Cons
Not enough pay, too much drama
Very productive and an overall great job.
Health Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bethlehem, PADecember 16, 2016
The most enjoyable part of this job, was meeting so many different people, and making their lives more suitable while giving them a fun environment. I learned so many things including: PPE, HIPPA, dressing, undressing, bed changing, incontinence care, medicine intake, and most importantly I learned how to make patients feel comfortable with me to assist them with any needs they might have had. Co workers are very persistent and welcoming, also so friendly and patient.
Pros
Making peoples lives easier, the staff, and the patients.
Cons
Losing a patient
a fun work experience
Utility Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Bethlehem, PAOctober 7, 2016
for a first job this company is great, flexible hours, reasonable paid time off. But after awhile you start to realize that no one cares about what they are doing, they are all just there for a pay check.
Pros
Personally i got along with everyone
Cons
heath care is terrible for the price
Didnt enjoy working there.
Dishwasher/Prep Cook (Former Employee) –  Bethlehem, PAJune 28, 2016
Felt like one of those place you only go to for a check. Wasn't welcoming or anything in that manner. They would take how they felt personally out on the employees.
Nice place to work at
Certified Nurses Assistant (Current Employee) –  Bethlehem, PAJune 12, 2016
it a nice place to work, friendly coworkers and competent management. i would recommend any one looking for a job to apply to this company.
struggling to survive
Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) (Current Employee) –  Bethlehem, PAMay 13, 2016
This job does not pay enough to survive in order to balance life between work and home. I barely make enough to survive. For the amount of work an aide does the pay should be way higher. It does matter if insurance is offered if you ca't afford it.
Certified Nurses Aide
Certified Nurse's Aide (Former Employee) –  Bethlehem, PAFebruary 2, 2016
My normal day at Moravian was waking patients up washing them up getting them ready for doctor appointments or activities. My co-workers where great we always worked as a team. Hardest part of my job was when my residents pass away. Most enjoyable part of my job was all of it. I loved my job and providing good quality of care.
Very oppressive work environment. hourly staff held to a different standart than salaried management.
Director Food & Nutrition Services (Former Employee) –  Bethlehem, PAJanuary 14, 2016
Priorities constantly change without warning. Senior management refuses to take responsibility for problems. Very hostile work place. Staff pitted against each other constantly.
Pros
Great hourly staff
Cons
Out of touch senior management
great co-workers and environment
Personal Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bethlehem PAOctober 1, 2015
A typical day at Moravian Village was fast paced and challenging, i assisted the elderly with daily living activities and administered medication, i also did blood sugar test and at times took vitals, i enjoyed my time at Moravian and my co workers were superb which made job task efficient and productive.
Pros
great environment
Cons
nature of the lob was at times taken for granted by supervisors
Healthcare enviroment, great staff, confising senior management.
Director of Dining Services (Former Employee) –  Bethlehem, PAJuly 10, 2015
A great place to work, but a difficult commute. Worked directly with customers, who were sometimes difficult, but was good at providing solutions. Managed staff of over 65 employees, mostly entry level, and enjoyed that experience. This is a retirement community and meals are the highlight of the day. The residents were great and coworkers worked in collaboration with each other.
Pros
Great staff, free meals, good benefits
Cons
comute/distance, phsically heavy
Great residents, bad workplace
Dining Staff (Former Employee) –  Bethlehem, PANovember 10, 2014
Place was a joke, full of "high school drama" from both employees and management.
Most enjoyable part were the residents who were very sweet.
The hardest part was having to work under ridiculous conditions.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Moravian Village of Bethlehem. Our community is ready to answer.

Moravian Village of Bethlehem Reviews by Location