Morehouse School of Medicine Employee Reviews

Every Opportunity can be used for growth
Research Coordinator/Contractor (Former Employee) –  East Point, GAOctober 11, 2018
Worked as a contracted employee for a short period of time. Work was autonomous but very structured. At the time I worked there the culture was very closed in terms of flexibility. The salary was not really commiserate with duties performed. Cannot comment on recent practices.
Pros
Opportunity to learn from very bright individuals.
Cons
Was not given much opportunity to grow.
MoreHouse is a good place to work. My co-workers and I work as a team.
Floor Technician (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GA on main campus.October 10, 2018
A typical day at work is team work. I've learned to better my skills of my job.The work place culture is good. The hardest part of my job is keeping supplies. The people of team work.
Pros
We get good breaks. No harrassement.
Unprofessional
Program Assistant (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 26, 2018
Terrible leadership with too many egos. Unorganized and little accountability for unacceptable behaviors. Several managers have very little leadership ability. Love Morale.....Stay away if you can.
Higher education
Admissions/Student Affairs (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 6, 2018
I love being apart of the education process and producing young doctors to the world. It was a big deal to me in ording diplomas and regalia in year...
Pros
free lunch alot
Cons
not enough time sometimes to get everything done in one day
Disappointed
Non-Academic Professional (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 6, 2018
I'm disappointed with the leadership and the culture overall. There are some good people that work there but the really outstanding professionals usually do not stay long once they come into communication with some of the leadership. One rotten apple will taint the entire bunch.
Management need more training
Surgery Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 6, 2018
Morehouse would have been a great place to work if they trained you on certain things and some of the surgeons there are very nasty to deal with. If you ask for more training they get upset with you
Pros
Pay is ok
Cons
Management suck
Laid back yet productive
Community Health Worker (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 4, 2018
paced
how to become more vocal
great managers
laid-back yet professional
no hardship
enjoyable to work with people who are teachers and teachable
Pros
Healthcare, wellness, 401k
Cons
money from grants run out
productive and fun workplace
Public Safety Officer (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 29, 2018
a typical day at morehouse school of medicine is relaxing and fun.My managers are very easy to get along with.I enjoy all aspects of my job.My workplace culture is great.
Overall a great place to learn or begin your career endeavors
Clinical Research Coordinator I (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 27, 2018
A place where you can begin your career and learn the foundation. It is quite stable considering it is a medical school. You have to be focused as it always seems like the staff are not getting much done on a regular basis.
Pros
Great team members
Cons
Not a place you can grow long term.
Unfortunate
Human Resource Law Lecturer (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 24, 2018
This institution has so much potential and such an opportunity for growth. I think the leadership will have to consider how to be generationally minded when it comes to staff, if not, this institution will continue to struggle to recruit and retain bright new talent.

Want to know more about Morehouse School of Medicine?

Ask a question
Horrible
RESEARCH ADMINISTRATOR III (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 15, 2018
No one has accountability! Most are horrible at their job but get to work there for 20years. No training! If there is training, they don't follow through with the new requirements.
Great benefits
Admin Assist. to Dept Chair/Assoc Chair of Med (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 11, 2018
The pay was not competitive, below standard. Health care benefits were great. Work hours were great. This is a good place to get educated on the do’s and don’t’s of work ethics.
Pros
Educational. You become service oriented here.
Cons
Pay was not competitive.
It can be what you make it.
Registered Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 21, 2018
A typical day at Morehouse for me is a day of alot of focusing and paying attention to details, because so much is going on, from alot of patients on the phone and calls.
Pros
Only work Monday-Friday(8:30am-5:30pm) off on most holidays.
Cons
You work very Hard
close to the city
MANAGER l MOREHOUSE SCHOOL OF MEDICINE l (Current Employee) –  Morehouse School of MedicineJuly 6, 2018
good place to work they just need to invest in the institution> Upper mamangement should listen to new innovative ideas and views, it is important to have the balance of having a fresh pair of eye coupled with wisdom that thery more mature staff incorporated thru years of hard work.
Graduate Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 3, 2018
Work is pretty chill for the most part. We have some very face pace days and other days it is extremely slow. You are always able to learn & grow in different aspects of public health
Most enjoyable working
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 27, 2018
Most enjoyable part of the job is working with students and Residents
Regarding Management/Supervisors most are not qualified for this position however if you have budget/finance skills you're placed in this role without administrative skills/experience
Pros
Great colleagues
Cons
Not much room to promote within; HR does not offer any tuition reimbursement program
Ok place to work
Program Assistant (Temp Position) (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 18, 2018
Ok place to work Management was unorganized. Good lunches when interviews were taking place and doctors were nice to get along with. Good experience for entry level position
Great Place to Learn and Grow
STUDENT DATA SPECIALIST (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMay 1, 2018
Working for an organization that allows you to grow and learn is great! In just a year I have learned more than I have over 29 years of working. No other place allows you to grow and mature like Morehouse School of Medicine.
Program Coordinator/Health educator (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAApril 27, 2018
Morehouse School of Medicine is a good place to work. They are culturally sensitive to the multicultural community of employees. The organization works well with the community it services. I was proud of the historical heritage of the institution.
Pros
Great Benefits, Flexible Lunch between 11-2 with in this time frame.
Only if you can play the game well
Program Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAApril 23, 2018
Unless you're in upper management, director, faculty, it's very difficult to receive support that you need to get promoted. This culture is truly one that you need to know someone and be in good standing to get promoted. There is some workplace bullying that goes on but never seriously addressed.
Pros
Great for those who are truly in the business of the medical field.
Cons
Admin staff cannot work at home, Admin staff must clock in, Admin staff not appreciated & culture is to keep "you in your place", Promotion only for those who management chooses to groom, One bad word when internally applying &game over, Positions protected though unqualified