Morehouse School of Medicine Employee Reviews

I obtained additional skills to advance my career
Director of Grants and Contracts (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GANovember 28, 2018
This organization has the potential to be great. However, there needs to be a significant change within the Senior leadership in order to create a more positive and inclusive work environment.
Pros
I strongly believe in the mission to educate and train our future leaders
Cons
Senior leadership is a lot to be desired. Not colloorative and very clickish.
Cut Throat institution that hate change
Administrative Assistant II (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GANovember 28, 2018
Been here 15 years. just looking for something fresh and new. Family environment but changes are coming about and folks dont take to change easily but it has to happen.
A Lot Going On
Anonymous (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAOctober 31, 2018
MSM is a great place to work but career advancement is limited. Lots of programs and good research happening. Benefit package is good - could offer more vacation for managers!!
Pros
Always hosting events with free food
Cons
Limited meal options in student dining hall
Not an environment that is conducive to career growth
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  AtlantaOctober 22, 2018
If you have a desire and drive to grow and learn professionally and academically, in my experience, this is not an environment that fosters that. Unfortunately, work processes are slow and even if you are a diligent and productive worker, the lack of others in the work environment to be productive and efficient is a hindrance.
Pros
Good benefits package
Cons
Not committed to employee's career growth. Especially young professionals.
Every Opportunity can be used for growth
Research Coordinator/Contractor (Former Employee) –  East Point, GAOctober 11, 2018
Worked as a contracted employee for a short period of time. Work was autonomous but very structured. At the time I worked there the culture was very closed in terms of flexibility. The salary was not really commiserate with duties performed. Cannot comment on recent practices.
Pros
Opportunity to learn from very bright individuals.
Cons
Was not given much opportunity to grow.
MoreHouse is a good place to work. My co-workers and I work as a team.
Floor Technician (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GA on main campus.October 10, 2018
A typical day at work is team work. I've learned to better my skills of my job.The work place culture is good. The hardest part of my job is keeping supplies. The people of team work.
Pros
We get good breaks. No harrassement.
Unprofessional
Program Assistant (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 26, 2018
Terrible leadership with too many egos. Unorganized and little accountability for unacceptable behaviors. Several managers have very little leadership ability. Love Morale.....Stay away if you can.
Many missed opportunities for additonal funding sources due to interdeparment power struggles
Research Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 13, 2018
Needed a culture change to promote operational efficiencies vs. buddy system. Also less feasibility studies and more implementation would have helped. High turnover of leadership added to difficulty for the kind of progress required to support the surrounding community, Many new changes which I hope will thrust them forward to the level of Emory University.
Pros
An opportunity to serve the underserved. Many youth programs supporting scientific careers.
Cons
Low salary, too many cliques inhibiting progress
Higher education
Admissions/Student Affairs (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 6, 2018
I love being apart of the education process and producing young doctors to the world. It was a big deal to me in ording diplomas and regalia in year...
Pros
free lunch alot
Cons
not enough time sometimes to get everything done in one day
Disappointed
Non-Academic Professional (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 6, 2018
I'm disappointed with the leadership and the culture overall. There are some good people that work there but the really outstanding professionals usually do not stay long once they come into communication with some of the leadership. One rotten apple will taint the entire bunch.
Management need more training
Surgery Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 6, 2018
Morehouse would have been a great place to work if they trained you on certain things and some of the surgeons there are very nasty to deal with. If you ask for more training they get upset with you
Pros
Pay is ok
Cons
Management suck
Laid back yet productive
Community Health Worker (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 4, 2018
paced
how to become more vocal
great managers
laid-back yet professional
no hardship
enjoyable to work with people who are teachers and teachable
Pros
Healthcare, wellness, 401k
Cons
money from grants run out
productive and fun workplace
Public Safety Officer (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 29, 2018
a typical day at morehouse school of medicine is relaxing and fun.My managers are very easy to get along with.I enjoy all aspects of my job.My workplace culture is great.
Overall a great place to learn or begin your career endeavors
Clinical Research Coordinator I (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 27, 2018
A place where you can begin your career and learn the foundation. It is quite stable considering it is a medical school. You have to be focused as it always seems like the staff are not getting much done on a regular basis.
Pros
Great team members
Cons
Not a place you can grow long term.
Unfortunate
Human Resource Law Lecturer (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 24, 2018
This institution has so much potential and such an opportunity for growth. I think the leadership will have to consider how to be generationally minded when it comes to staff, if not, this institution will continue to struggle to recruit and retain bright new talent.
Horrible
RESEARCH ADMINISTRATOR III (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 15, 2018
No one has accountability! Most are horrible at their job but get to work there for 20years. No training! If there is training, they don't follow through with the new requirements.
Great benefits
Admin Assist. to Dept Chair/Assoc Chair of Med (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 11, 2018
The pay was not competitive, below standard. Health care benefits were great. Work hours were great. This is a good place to get educated on the do’s and don’t’s of work ethics.
Pros
Educational. You become service oriented here.
Cons
Pay was not competitive.
It can be what you make it.
Registered Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 21, 2018
A typical day at Morehouse for me is a day of alot of focusing and paying attention to details, because so much is going on, from alot of patients on the phone and calls.
Pros
Only work Monday-Friday(8:30am-5:30pm) off on most holidays.
Cons
You work very Hard
close to the city
MANAGER l MOREHOUSE SCHOOL OF MEDICINE l (Current Employee) –  Morehouse School of MedicineJuly 6, 2018
good place to work they just need to invest in the institution> Upper mamangement should listen to new innovative ideas and views, it is important to have the balance of having a fresh pair of eye coupled with wisdom that thery more mature staff incorporated thru years of hard work.
Graduate Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 3, 2018
Work is pretty chill for the most part. We have some very face pace days and other days it is extremely slow. You are always able to learn & grow in different aspects of public health