Morehouse School of Medicine Employee Reviews

Ok place to work
Program Assistant (Temp Position) (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 18, 2018
Ok place to work Management was unorganized. Good lunches when interviews were taking place and doctors were nice to get along with. Good experience for entry level position
Great Place to Learn and Grow
STUDENT DATA SPECIALIST (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMay 1, 2018
Working for an organization that allows you to grow and learn is great! In just a year I have learned more than I have over 29 years of working. No other place allows you to grow and mature like Morehouse School of Medicine.
Program Coordinator/Health educator (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAApril 27, 2018
Morehouse School of Medicine is a good place to work. They are culturally sensitive to the multicultural community of employees. The organization works well with the community it services. I was proud of the historical heritage of the institution.
Pros
Great Benefits, Flexible Lunch between 11-2 with in this time frame.
Learning environment
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAApril 10, 2018
It was a very nice place to work I learned a lot and got alot of work experiences from working at MSM.
I educated patient on their health condition.
Took vital signs, exam patient chart, followed orders from Physicians in surgery as needed.
Pros
I was able to work with Residents who went to MSM medical school.
Cons
Not enough medical staff.
Good Workplace
Health Educator (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMarch 29, 2018
Great environment to work in to foster growth and improvement. However limited opportunity to be promoted only room for lateral promotions. It is about who you know! Same people get promoted repeatedly.
Low pay, lack of structured jobs/roles, not forward thinking
N/A (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAFebruary 20, 2018
For the amount they pay, they expect a lot, Lack of support from managers in becoming better in your role. There is no sense of urgency with any job function. The environment is very laid back, and no one is held accountable for things not getting done
Maybe too much of a family atmosphere?
Assistant Professor (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAFebruary 16, 2018
At MSM you are sure to have a loving environment at least superficially. People are very kind and caring. However, if you are interested in doing good work, innovation and being progressive, you will find that everyone is dragging their feet. The status quo is upheld. Don't rock the boat should be the motto. Many people get paid good salaries for doing not much of anything. I looked around as I was busting by butt trying to work hard for the sake of the school and these people are constantly taking vacations and then complaining when they had to lift a finger. Not enough people are striving for excellence. There was little to no mentorship for new faculty. Way too many administrative responsibilities laid on junior faculty without research support and guidance. Administratively, Morehouse Healthcare is a mess. Good luck getting through on the phone. i was one of their physicians and I couldn't get through. I would love to be able to recommend people to work at this school that has so much promise, but until they get their priorities straight, improve their infrastructure, and create an efficient environment, I will not do it.
Pros
Benefits package, warm environment
Cons
Good people are overworked, little mentoring for new faculty, lack of efficiency
Turned out bad
Public Safety Officer I (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 29, 2018
Morehouse School of Medicine, was one of the best Unv.'s to work at until the administration changed and peoples job, were taken from them for no reason.

Then this job became a bad working source.
Coming from an Intern
Technical Help Desk Associate/Intern (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 25, 2018
Very Professional Environment
Great Leadership
Work with students, professors and doctors- Great Exposure

A lot of teach yourself
Colleagues minimum help
Rough side of town
What you make of it
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 25, 2018
Morehouse School of Medicine suffers from a lack of diversity and highly disorganized leadership. However, there are good opportunities for networking, and it is a good place to get some experience.
If in the right department decent place to work
Former Employee (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 9, 2018
Depending on which department you are employed, this is a decent place to work. There are opportunities for growth and career development. Unfortunately this does not occur institution-wide, some managers are less flexible and nurturing.

The people are friendly and for the most part collaborative and inclusive. Compensation could be better. Your salary may be comparable to industry standards but it won't be reflective of the amount of work you put in; and like many academic jobs, you wear many hats that may be outside your role and scope.

Also, the school needs to be more progressive in terms of work-life balance i.e. paternity and maternity leave, childcare options, and creative work spaces.
Pros
friendly environment and opportunity for growth
Cons
work-life balance, compensation
Run!! Run away quickly.
Program Manager (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 5, 2018
This place will stunt your professional growth! You may even be asked to do tasks that are borderline illegal. The finances of the institution are questionable and it has a massive turnover rate. They will sell you a dream so stay focused and run away, as fast as you can.
Pros
Students
Cons
lack of funds, budgets are short, no room for growth, high turnover, no significant work responsibilities
Great Place to work..however
Discharge Planner (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 4, 2018
Morehouse Healthcare is a good place to work. However the pay is not always efficient, for some of the positions and projects that are put into place.
Msm
Administrative assistant (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 4, 2018
MSM can be a great place to work depending on the leadership of the department you work for. I did enjoy my time at MSM until the department leadership changed. The hardest part is getting assignments completed because of the lack of resources or waiting for other departments to respond to a request. The department I worked for was like a family before leadership changed, then it became stressful. I learned about credentialing, hospital appointments for physicians, different computer programs, residency, billing and EHR.
Pros
Good relationships with co-workers
Cons
Not enough resources
Productive Work place
Resource Coordinator/Data Entry (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GANovember 26, 2017
Relaxed atmosphere with world-class down to earth staff
This is actually where I learned most of the hands-on office technology from (excel,powerpoint, office, word, works, and outlook) of course technology is more up-to-date..
Health Promotion Resource Center (HPRC) has always been a family-friendly, relaxed but fun, hardworking environnment...
Deadlines were the hardest part of the job because the assignments were always massive.
The most rewarding yet enjoyable part of the job was always the
Pros
Free Lunches, Family-oriented staff, free events, and field trips
Cons
Not a permanent position
Morehouse is a company I cannot say is stable at this moment. I really do not like responding to questions about a company i was laid off from.
Billing Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAOctober 25, 2017
Great company, just some things need new management and to work on new system for certain work. There was great management, at one time . Some things should have been left as they were. But, overall if you seek employment make sure you have a back up not sure on job security there .
My work day
Clinical Research Assistant II (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAOctober 19, 2017
Most days here are routine, however I look for opportunities throughout the school to learn new things. In any setting in academic medicine there is a sense of, how can I improve myself without asking for anyone's help? I run the day-to-day operations in the Clinical Research Center. This includes but not limited ti lab operations, teaching some clinical skills and all the other things that go along with working at a medical.
Pros
Good benefits and a clear work environment
Cons
All processes are too slow
Not one of my best Job ventures
Program Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 26, 2017
The Office Manager was a very poor leader for lack of better words.
Constantly belittled the team.
Very little job security and almost no room for advancement
Pros
I truly enjoy Outreach
Cons
Management and Compensation
Its a stepping stone
Study Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 13, 2017
The pay is horrible. It takes so long to accrue PTO. There is no room for advancement. If you are not tenured faculty you will not be compensated like you deserve. Don't try to make a career out of this place.
Great experience
Clerkship Program Manager (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 26, 2017
I have enjoyed working at MSM. It has been a wonderful experience working with the medical students however there is no place to grow professionally in my current position, I am looking for an opportunity to grow.
Pros
Great opportunities
Cons
Looking for an opportunity to grow