Morgan, Lewis & Bockius LLP Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Not what it used to be
Staff (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJune 20, 2018
This firm has changed significantly over the last several years and not in a good way.

"Always on" is their motto and they live up to it.

Salary and increases for staff are laughable and there is little to no professional development opportunities.

Keep your friends close but definitely keep your enemies closer and you'll be just fine.
great company
* Excellent benefits
Friendly people
great breakroom snacks
Excellent company
I.T. Manager / Team Leader / iManage administrator (Former Employee) –  Harrisburg, PAApril 30, 2018
I loved working at MLB for many reasons as stated above. Autonomous working environment but had a first class IT team available to me in the Philly corporate office.
Pros
excellent people
Great Place to Work
Litigation and Managing Partner (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAApril 27, 2018
Great place to work: challenging, interesting work at a well managed and prestigious law firm. First rate in every aspect. Iw was very satisfied there for over 30 years......
New Business Analyst (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAApril 8, 2018
I would definite recommend Morgan Lewis to anybody. I have worked many places but, here I feel like they really value my work. Everybody has been great and it wasn't just in the beginning, but all along. There is real feeling of respect and collaboration. The culture here as great. All the managers I have are aways there and they doors are always open, not just for work but if you need to talk or vent about something. They all really know what they are doing because the company promotes from within. Many of the people I have met have been with the company since or office opened and the company has been around a long time and now has office all over the world, literally. The pay, befits, and past time off are all fair. The expectations are high, but the rewards are worth it.
Pros
A Soiree (catered food and drinks) every other week
Cons
Can be very busy, especially month and year end
Good company - bad department
Billing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMarch 4, 2018
Morgan Lewis seems to be a good place to work but not in the billing department. Things may be better now since they fired the manager I had while I was there. I would suggest asking for more money after their first offer. I found that they were low balling a lot of their billers. This may have been because of the old manager.
Pros
Looks good on a resume
Cons
Too much pressure put on billers
was able to work remotely
Contract Attorney (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 1, 2018
I do not think i ever visited the office as I was able to work the entire project from home. A large portion of the documents reviewed were in Italian.
Productive and stressful
Special Counsel (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 22, 2018
It's a great place to work and make connections.I really loved it there but the work can be stressful and sometimes inconvenient and and depressing. Still great place to work.
The Best in BigLaw
Associate Attorney (Current Employee) –  Princeton, NJJanuary 8, 2018
If you want an easy job with normal business hours and forgiving managers, you're crazy to go to a large firm. At ML&B, like at every large firm, you will work long hours and you'll be held to high standards when it comes to the quality of your work and how quickly you respond when needed. What Morgan does that other firms don't do, however, is provide flexible options for their employees to meet their obligations without sacrificing their entire lives. What Morgan also does is ensure that its attorneys are able to take care of themselves by, for instance, liberally granting paid leave during extended medical-based absences. Overall, there is a sense that once you are hired, the partners genuinely want you to succeed at the firm and to become your best professional self without having to live and breathe your job.
Easy place to work
Marketing (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PADecember 7, 2017
Overall, a very easy place to work. Having worked in other big law firms, Morgan Lewis is particularly laid-back. Along the same lines, change came at an extremely slow pace, if at all. They were also very good about bringing employees via social functions and volunteer opportunities. That said, in the Philadelphia office, at least, pay is low for support staff.
Pros
Work/life balance, social functions for employees, easy to take time off
Cons
Low pay, slow to change, lots of red-tape
As a top law firm it is a demanding place to work, but the people you work with are talented
Manager of Internal Audit (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PANovember 26, 2017
I enjoyed working at Morgan Lewis. Expectations were high and the work was fast paced, but the people you workrd with were bright and interesting. I had a lot of freedom to do what was required.
Inspiring
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PANovember 20, 2017
I actually worked for Pitney Bowes outsourcing for Morgan Lewis. I loved working there and they inspired me to continue working with law firms. Many of the legal staff said they didn't enjoy it there but from my point of view it was great.
Every Law Partner is a boss
Security Engineer & ISO-27001 Manager (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PANovember 12, 2017
This Firm is not unlike other law firms that dreams big and wants to excel. Little micro-management however the opinions of outside resources are more highly valued than those of internal resources and when most of the time both agree, there is never an acknowledgement of that fact. Still a great place to work, friendly among diverse groups. Opportunities to advance one’s career are wyuite limited.
Pros
Flexible work hours and friendly atmosphere between groups.
Cons
Management still believes that IT is overpaid.
Productive work place.
Legal Assistant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 30, 2017
Very productive. We had many pros like pizza parties. I learned many things about the law. We worked in Labor and Employment, Real Estate, Business and Finance, Litigation, and Wills and Estates.
BigLaw; No Promised Bonus
Associate, Corporate Department (Current Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 28, 2017
If you are going to go BigLaw... save yourself the stress and go with a guaranteed bonus. Otherwise, I assume Morgan Lewis is about the same as other BigLaw firms.
Pros
BigLaw Salary
Cons
No guaranteed bonus, no career transparency
Not a place for work/life balance
LEGAL SECRETARY (Current Employee) –  Palo Alto, CAOctober 25, 2017
Extremely busy job with lots of overtime. If you're looking for work/life balance position, do not look here. Very tight on salary increases and virtually no bonuses.
Decent benefits and team player environment
Billing Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAOctober 4, 2017
Overall Morgan Lewis is a decent place to work and I have met some wonderful people. The health/dental benefits are decent and the Christmas bonus is good as well. However, the past 7 years it has become quite stressful in the Billing Department. Billers have become responsible for more than just billing, such as collections and cash applications.
Pros
Decent benefits
Intelligent colleagues and challenging work
Litigation Associate (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAOctober 3, 2017
High level and challenging work with intelligent and open-minded colleagues. Work/Life balance can be somewhat difficult. Pay and job benefits are excellent.
Law firm
Customer Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCOctober 3, 2017
Nice people who always spoke. Lawyers are top-notch, legal secretaries are great. Managers are attached away in another city. Security is tight and yet friendly.
Pros
Cafeteria food was the best!
Cons
A lot of work
Don't work at Philadelphia office
EData Atty (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAOctober 3, 2017
I was an eData attorney in Philadephia. My "office" was a huge room under the train station that connects to Morgan. 2 toilets open to kitchen. Roaches ran freely and water dripped from bakery above into a pail. Shared room with about 40 attorneys. It was like a prison and smelled like one. I was amazed that they would treat anyone like this, but temp attorneys are the bottom of the rung at Morgan and they let you know it. There is a "lucky" group of temp attorneys on one of the office floors. They are herded together shoulder to shoulder in an empty hall space, not a room! Would NEVER go back. No way this place meets legal workplace standards. Horrific.