Morgan Communities Employee Reviews

Decent pay
Maintenance Technician (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAJuly 15, 2018
Decent paying, but inadequate management coupled with residents angered at the promises they are told leads to very frequent deadline issues. It's a job, good enough to get your foot in the door and an alright paycheck but that's about it.
Pros
Co-workers
Cons
Short lunch, expensive benefits, no good pay raises.
Over worked & under paid
Leasing Agent (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJune 9, 2018
Work too many hours & too many days in a row. You work a weekend plan on working 7-10 days straight. Manager is never there & everything goes to leasing agents & APM. Manager never walks properly & has 0 clue how to run 400+ unit property. You need more experience than a few years to manage this property. I would never recommend anyone to be a leasing agent there. She would ask our opinions & still do it her way. You are never caught up & don’t even have time for bathroom breaks. You will train yourself on the job as she refused to be there to help new employees on how to do things the right way. Worst job I had in my life.
Pros
Cons
Hours, pay, manager....everything
Depends on your property
Assistant Property Manager (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAJune 6, 2018
Relaxed environment. Depends on your property. Good foot in the door company to step into higher roles. Office staff was usually very helpful and organized.
Very unhappy employees.
Leasing Agent/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Syracuse, NYJune 6, 2018
During my first week there the maintenance staff complained about having little resources to work with and a property manager that barely came out of the office and did not interact with employees. Hostile environment. Very little training.
Morgan Communities is a wonderful company
Regional Manager (Current Employee) –  Regional ManagerJune 1, 2018
Morgan Communities has been a wonderful company to work for. The senior management is supportive and helpful when you need them. The benefits are excellent.
Good place to work with little patrons
Lifeguard (Seasonal) (Former Employee) –  Syracuse, NYMay 14, 2018
When the weather is gloomy, you may not get any patrons all day. That makes for a long day! This pool's maximum depth on one end is 4'6" so it is an easy place to lifeguard without many incidents other than an occasional running child.
Not Sure Why So Many Negative Reviews
Concierge (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHMay 12, 2018
I worked for Morgan just under a year. I never really dealt with corporate folks on any level, but my manager was very receptive and friendly. We had regular staff meetings and events and I felt for the most part that I was well-equipped to do my job.

If I had one complaint it was cohesiveness in communications, but you can have that in any workplace really. It's just very important that information is passed along so no one comes up looking ignorant or inept in front of residents. If that would have been better it may well have been the perfect job but let's all remember, work is called work for a reason.
Pros
Easy, Loved Our Residents
Cons
Poor Communication
Not a good place to work
Property Manager (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHMay 3, 2018
Unfortunately Morgan doesn't have the best senior team in position. they can make up stories out of thin air and HR without notice terminates you without proof or investigation. Unemployment however saw through their lies and denied their claim and saw it was "unjustified termination" . Even if you were promoted twice in 1 year as I was the senior management team finds tricks up their sleeves if they don't like you. In my opinion some senior managers don't like competition and will create any lie the HR will believe and they don't even need proof. They did recently fire the HR director I heard so hopefully Morgan understands its flaws and grows to be a great company.
Pros
pay well
Cons
co workers
Terrible place to work
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Toledo, OHApril 25, 2018
This place violates so many fair housing laws which I have brought to my property manager. And was told to listen to my direct supervisor. Would give brand new appliances and fixtures to people with money or white people and was told to save the old stuff for people of color. And so much retaliation when I put in my ressignation. And property manager is not qualified nor ready for the position as well as the maintenance supervisor. I have expressed my concerns to many levels of the company and have been ignored. So I finally quit and lucky documented everything and sent it to fair housing.
Cons
Fun at first then it went to boring and managementnwould close the door and would never come out of her office even for questions.she always down look
Leasing Consultant (Former Employee) –  Harrisburg, PAApril 16, 2018
Not a fun environment to work in. T he management just always said something to you about anything, even if it was good but never good enough. She always made you feel real small.
Management should always spend time one on one with their employees and make sure they understand. Not micromanaging us.
Pros
Cons
Management one on one and helped with questions and didn't make you look like you are so small.
Unprofessional
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHApril 12, 2018
Management was unprofessional, never had the right supplies to do the job. Lack of help from other employees, they found every day how to make the job stressful. Low staff, housekeeping had to do light fixtures. I was told my pay was going to be one thing but once hired on it drops a dollar. It felt like what ever I did wasn’t enough, I didn’t get a proper training no one should me how to do the job. Everyday more work was added, I just felt like the work was non stop, only time you had to rest was the hour lunch you had to take. Management didn’t want me wearing rain boots in the rain I had to wear gym shoes everyday. I would never go back
Garbage
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Brighton, NYApril 10, 2018
Management was trash and never had the supplies to do the job right even after telling management we had none to do the job right. Understaffed, always on call, expect to never have free time. Never given the pay that was agreed on for the job. wouldn't work here ever again.
Cons
Cutthroat politics, property manager could not be trusted and the staff could care less about the tenets or long Jevity of the property
Maintenance TechnicianMaintenance Tech (Former Employee) –  Merriville IndianaMarch 22, 2018
Cutthroat politics, property manager could not be trusted and the staff could care less about the tenants or the property. Racist culture within the company.
Pros
In this company you fail up.
Cons
In this company you fail up.
terrible company
Maintenance Worker (Former Employee) –  Henrietta, NYMarch 1, 2018
Management was completely lacking through my entire employment. Job was terrible as was the property/ tenents. Never offered me health insurance yet tried to deduct it from my checks
I enjoy want I do.
Make Ready Technician (Current Employee) –  Texas City, TXJanuary 9, 2018
I have learned a lot since I've been at Morgan communities and I'm steady learning .It's been a nice job with nice people to work for and to work with.
Pros
Skills learned.
Cons
Working out in the weather.
Morgan
LEASING AGENT (Former Employee) –  Dover, DEDecember 18, 2017
Pretty good company to work for. Leasing, showing apartments, typing etc. Maintenance were great. Tenants were great. The atmosphere was excellent.
Pros
bonus and commissions
Cons
bad management
Work Varries
Maintenance Technician (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYNovember 17, 2017
The management in Morgan Communities need to be checked. There is a lot that goes unchecked with property managers. The pay is decent but not enough for the on call service it requires. The day to day job varies.
pay is good
Property Manager (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYNovember 11, 2017
culture is stressful, constant stress and more expectation with fewer tools to do my job well. very cutthroat, drama,throwing people under the bus to get ahead
Brand New apartments - Pond set along glen eden road is magnificent
Building Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Township of Cranberry, PAMarch 14, 2017
The lawn has to be free of debris and garbage. You cannot satisfy every resident, coworker, or hiring officer on the totem pole. The property has garages.
Pros
Outdoor living and groundskeeping
Cons
Maid services and picking up after sloppy renters
Awful Place to Work
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Watervliet, NYJanuary 18, 2017
The management is not helpful. Office staff with blame maintenance for things not getting done, but never even tell maintenance there is an issue. Plan on doing all the back up work orders. You will have a lot of them. The company rather get rid of staff than provide them with the real tools to fix a problem. Office staff are not professional.
Pros
Cons
Awful bosses, do not have supplies needed, do not pay correctly

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Morgan Communities. Our community is ready to answer.