Morgan Corporation Employee Reviews

Hign turnover
Production Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Morgantown, PAMarch 16, 2019
They go through Production Supervisors like crazy. Nobody last for long. People either get fed up with the long hours and go elsewhere or they get fired.
Pros
I am at a loss for words
Cons
Long hours, high turn over at every level
N/a
Sales Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Morgantown, PAMarch 15, 2019
Typed sales agreements for truck bodies, answered customer calls and gave them status of their trucks.

I learned time management skills and prioritizing

I loved my first manager and unfortunately she passed. The next manager was not trustworthy.

Worked with a great group of people.
Pros
Great benefits and pay.
Cons
After I had my daughter I wanted to return part time, and no part time work was offered at the company.
Not good... AT ALL... don't be fooled.
Lottery winner (Former Employee) –  Janesville, WIMarch 15, 2019
Dont waste 3 weeks of your time on their hiring process. Morgan posts job offerings for everything under the sun at every temp agency and job website in the state. Truth. They sugarcoat it with great bonuses and benefits... job potential and advancement. Lies. It's just to get bodies through the door. Anybody. In the event that somebody with experience and skills walks through the door, and they are stupid enough to accept employment with Morgan, they will soon realize that they made a huge mistake. HUGE. Dont be fooled. They drop the ball big time and treat you like any other temp agency garbage... even if you're hired through the company. If you have a Resume a mile long, if you're ASE certified, chamber of commerce certified, welder you're whole life, electrician, millwright, maintenance tech with ironworker and shopsmith experience, hey... great. Good for you. Not for them. You will be drilling and filling holes all day. Every day. All the time. 6 days a week. Non stop. Drilling and filling holes. STRONGLY recommend that you stay away from this joint if you're a welder or have qualifications or experience in any other field of expertise besides drilling and filling holes all day... or if you're good at fixing others mistakes. Then, this may be the job for you. Hop on board. Clueless old school people been there since the ice age showing you how to rub sticks together and create fire. That's about the quality and safety extent of their tools and culture. Sure, they have fancy red hats and pretty stickers and stripes to make them feel grandiose. Clueless they are.
Pros
Free donuts and flex time
Cons
Whomever hired you
sweat shop
Production Manager, automotive (Former Employee) –  Morgantown, PAMarch 8, 2019
sweat shop not recommended for long term career goals. unprofessional atmosphere. needs total rebuild from top to bottom. safety needs special attention
Pros
Cons
all
Good money not great at home life.
Pa-3 Liner tables (Former Employee) –  Rydal, GAMarch 6, 2019
Very fast paced, learned a lot about blueprints. Management is fairly responsive to the needs of the employees. Downfall is mandatory overtime and working 60+ hours a week. Its a very physical environment requiring a lot of labor.
Ehh
Welder/utility (Current Employee) –  Morgantown, PAMarch 3, 2019
A jobs a job, this is not a career for most people. Pay is enough to pay the bills depending on what you do but you will not be treated the best and what money you’re hired with is what you’ll keep for most of your time there.
Pros
Gain sharing
Cons
Average pay, no work life balance, no care for employees
Traffic Coordinator/ dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Rydal, GAFebruary 21, 2019
There is an opportunity to work lots of overtime. If you do your job you will have no problem there. It is a fast placed environment with non stop work until break and lunch.
Pros
steady work, good pay
Cons
inconsistent hours
Love to work and make money and learn others how to do stuff in faster pace
Laboer and operator (Former Employee) –  Duncan, SCFebruary 21, 2019
Good money loved to run equipment. And love to to baffles and dhpe pipe work and love the hours to . And like to do the job safe and effective. And go home safe
people were great
prodution line floater (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORJanuary 31, 2019
morgan was very fast past 0 tolerance for error. sometimes the quota was a little high for that days prodution because it was a set quota but we got odd ball orders that took longer to complete
Pros
great team company
Cons
pay
Administrator (Current Employee) –  Morgantown, PAJanuary 29, 2019
The job can be stressful at times, but all jobs have their moments. Just need a change of atmosphere since I feel it is time for a change. Morgan does offer great benefits and two weeks vacation is automatic for the first year of employments, plus seven- eight days of flex time.
Learning opportunities.
Project Engineering Intern (Current Employee) –  Morgantown, PAJanuary 29, 2019
There are a lot of areas where you can learn and grow in this company. specially in the management department
I learned a lot working in this company. Hope they offer me a permanent role going forward.
Cons
Limited resources
The grass is not always greener!
Production Scheduler (Former Employee) –  Plainfield, CTJanuary 29, 2019
I left an 11 year career to start for Morgan in the late summer of 2018. Was the longest hiring process I have ever been through (4-5 months before I was offered the position). Salaried position, paid expenses for traveling to train in PA (headquarters), new facility opening near me in CT. Thought Morgan would be the job I retire from. As it turned out that was not the case. I had multiple absences due to freak medical conditions and illnesses in a very short period of time. Had doctors notes for 98% of the issues I had and always communicated if I would be out. I was never given a written warning or signed anything that I was breaking company policy. I was unprofessionally fired by PHONE for ”accessive absenteeism”, appalling. I have NEVER been fired from a job in my entire life. I had my boyfriend go and get my things I left there because I was so disgusted by how I was treated. The expectation at Morgan is “we work until we are done” “I don’t care what corporate says” “harder, faster, longer”. Things are to be done (wether they are wrong or not) per what the Director of your plant says. Management is horrendous, expect to work 9+ hour days, if you aren’t at work, you better be dead because the human element is taken out of it. You may very well lose your job due to being out more than once. You’re just a body to make them money and if you aren’t there you can and will be replaced.
Pros
Salary
Cons
Management, employee treatment, live for Morgan
Not a fun place to work.
Designer (Former Employee) –  Morgantown, PAJanuary 24, 2019
With a large turn over rate, it's very difficult to feel any job security. You never feel that you are accomplishing anything because there is always someone to tell you that you didn't.
Quality Control Inspector (Former Employee) –  Morgantown, PAJanuary 23, 2019
Overall a good place to work because they will teach the willing to learn and grow in the company. It is a safe environment to work and be in as well as good employees.
fast paced, lots of turn over
Production Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CAJanuary 10, 2019
schedule were to tight, not manageable
needed to except more input that was given.
employee turn over was terrible, needed a better management team with better guide lines.
Pros
fair pay
Cons
hours bounced around alot.
No advancement/ favoritism
Truck Mount / Truck Jockey / Tow Motor/Fabrication (Current Employee) –  Morgantown, PAJanuary 5, 2019
Company pay a differential which compny holds against you if use your Flex time hrs., holds differential on Holidays. Overtime given to welders/painters
Too many hours
Production Associate (Current Employee) –  Lakeland, FLJanuary 2, 2019
Too many hours result in no work life balance. Employees are required to work 10 hour days for 5 days and 8 hour day on the sixth day. This is required every week.
Fast pace, over worked, poor pay rate
Welder (Current Employee) –  Janesville wiDecember 21, 2018
Very little room for pay raise. Under paid for welder of 2 years. Unfair opportunities to advance. Makes you work Saturdays when not needed. Over worked, supervisors/leads take sides, cut throat work place. Could use better training methods
Pros
Decent insurance benefits
Cons
Under paid, overworked, cut throat work environment
Seasonal job
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Ehrenberg, AZDecember 20, 2018
Job is temporary but easy to do if your a quick learner. Its at a fast pace and your required to build a set of numbers for the company plus a little more. The job has a 3point system untill after 6 months, you acquire 3 more to fluccuate
Pros
Two breaks, one lunch. Standard
Cons
Job demands overtime, working half a day on a scheduled day off, And job lasts 4-8 months unless your promoted to full time
run from this place, its that bad
Finishing Technician (Current Employee) –  Rydal, GADecember 15, 2018
this is the bottom of the barrel, they hire druggies and bums, and the pay is horrible, this place is an oven in the summer, never under 100 degrees inside, and cold in winter, this place is run by people who dont have a clue, human resources is clue less, when they do get a chance to hire someone with skills and common sense, they blow it, by trying to start them out at low wages, this place is like prison, ive seen people get fired for nothing, there is always a big ad in the paper or a sign out front saying, now hiring, thats because we have about 25 people a month quit, if you drive by this place, keep driving, dont stop, its that bad, im getting ready to leave in a few days, and they dont know it yet.
Pros
Cons
dont leave anything lying around, or it will get stolen

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Morgan Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.