Morgan Corporation Employee Reviews

Morgan could be a great place to work it the treated employees a little better and didn't constantly make employees work saturdays
Welder (Current Employee) –  Janesville, WIAugust 28, 2018
Morgan is a fast paced assembly line. You just get your required number done and go home. It does not have great management with an either friendly or hostile atmosphere depending on the day. The hardest part of the job was trying to get trucks out quickly when something goes wrong then your life becomes a living nightmare.
Pros
health insurance and benefits
Cons
constantly trying to make you go harder and faster with little consideration to employees
Very strict on safety
Production Associate (Former Employee) –  Rydal, GAJuly 31, 2018
I hat worked here for over a year, mess up one time and get a cut that needed stitches and was terminated the following day. It’s extremely stressful, and you can’t leave until your schedule for the night has been met no matter how many hours you work. The plant itself is hot as an oven. Very hard to move up, however, if you’re reading this and end up getting the job. Help in every area you can so you know more. That’s what will help you the most
Pros
Great benefits. Lots of hours
Cons
No care for employees. Management horrible.
Amazing workplace
Start jig welder (Former Employee) –  Morgantown, PANovember 20, 2018
I enjoyed my time at Morgan Corp as a first shift plant 1 start jig welder everyone it plant 1 mad me feel like family even the bosses greenhats and more I just love the energy working at this place where I get along with majority of the people there I would love to come back and work with Morgan Corp I believe I can retire from this job cop in Morgantown pa
Pros
$100 voucher for boot and a hole lot of other benefits if needed
Cons
Work weekends but aslo a pro vs con
Interesting though repetitive work
Line Lead (Former Employee) –  Morgantown, PAJuly 23, 2018
Genuine attempts at proper training. The Line is a team and all are subject to congratulations as well as failures regardless of individual performance. Because of this you are more likely to obtain assistance and clarification when needed by your coworkers so the team doesn't suffer due to an individual.
Pros
Team atmosphere, coworker cooperation
Cons
mediocre compensation, individual performance lost above line management
welder
Welder (Former Employee) –  Corsicana, TXJuly 16, 2018
welders need to get paid more, finishing welders need to be paid a lot more than 12-14 dollars an hour, welding is a skill not many people posses and also you are not just welding and fabricating. you also wire hydraulics, and electrical components. you also fabricate to put in walk ramps as well. And also 10 cents a year is top out cost of living raise.
Pros
co-worker
Cons
management, pay, raises
Morgan is a good solid company for which to work
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Crystal River, FLMay 11, 2018
When I worked for Morgan Corporation, I worked through an employment agency, not directly for Morgan. Because of that fact, I received no benefits. I enjoyed the work and the people for/with whom I worked. I was able to bring my experience to the job as well as learning a great deal from the job. Because Morgan's headquarters are in South Carolina, I ended up doing a little bit of everything on the job in Florida - from updating the training matrix, time entry - overall administrative support to the Site Development Project Manager, Project Engineer, Quality Control Manager, Safety Manager, Superintendents and Foremen. I also functioned as the onsite HR representative and benefits coordinator.
Pros
Better salary than most employers in the area
Cons
Because it was a construction site, there was no running water, hence no bathrooms. We had porta potties. That was not fun!
Do not apply! Last option
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Corsicana, TXFebruary 11, 2018
10 minute breaks. Terrible management. 10-12 hours daily (no daily life). No career advancement. No pay raise. No bonus. No incentive. Dollar differential is taxed separately from pay,so your not really getting a dollar. Benefit plans are high and cover hardly anything at all. No on the job training. High turnover rate. TAKE ADVANTAGE OF HARDWORKING EMPLOYEES!!! DO NOT WORK ON 2nd SHIFT...because 1st shift doesn’t do hardly anything at all and 2nd shift picks up all defects,rework,and their own schedule on top of all that.
Pros
Cons
10 minute breaks. Terrible management. No bonus. No incentive. Long hours. Terrible pay.
Hot but alright pay good people to work with
Roofer (Current Employee) –  Corsicana, TX 75109July 25, 2018
I would work for them agin they take care of there employs rather well grate benefits The management Is good and try to help hoe ever they can...
Do not work here unless you are over 40 and have no other options
Welder (Former Employee) –  Corsicana, TXDecember 7, 2018
Before I started I had 2 8hr paid days of safety training then it was on to work. They had me in an that required 1 welder not 2. They would call me to go over the the other side of the plant to go welder or grind down someone’s screw up. It wasn’t until about 5 weeks in the stationed me somewhere where a guy had just been fired. They had 3 different people training me over the course of a week which is not enough for someone to learn an area that requires a lot of detail. The management is just horrible, the supervisors don’t know wtf they are doing and cannot run what they are supposed to. They will try to throw in extra work orders because all they care about is quantity over quality.i was asked to come in one Saturday and when I got there they didn’t have anything for me to do so they had me pull work orders from the upcoming week. All I really gotta say is don’t work there if you are young and looking for a temporary job or unless you are older and not planning on going back to school. Starting out as a welder was $14hr.
Pros
Overtime
Cons
2-10min breaks/30min lunch
Good Benefits
Production Associate (Former Employee) –  Denver, PAJuly 9, 2018
it was a good job. Had decent pay Monday through Friday and good benefits. Lots of holidays off but was very hard work with heavy lifting throughout the day.
Summary
assist in training (Former Employee) –  Roxboro, NCJune 6, 2018
It was a construction site that had machines in and out, new hire orientations, inventory, ordering of supplies. Data entry of payrol and machine hours
Pros
good mney and benefits
Cons
work setting not the best, construction site, messy and can be dangerous
Heading in the right direction
Employee (Current Employee) –  Morgantown, PADecember 5, 2017
The manufacturing environment is not an easy one yet leadership at Morgan has made great strides in taking care of employees to ensure better work-life balance and good benefits and fair pay.

There are a lot of opportunities to advance at across the company and everyone is very helpful and works together to be the best in the truck body business. The education assistance benefit is amazing and I hope that more employees take advantage of it to grow their skills.

I am really happy to work here and would recommend it.
Pros
Improving culture, great advancement opportunities, leadership in sync with needs of workers.
Cons
More appreciation from sr. management for production staff
Decent place to work
Quality Control Inspector (Current Employee) –  Ephrata, PAApril 9, 2018
Good management, good team. Not too hard. Sometimes stressful and fast paced to meet production goals. Overall decent place to earn a living. Average benefits.
Pros
Knowledgeable and respectful management. Good time off policy.
Cons
Average pay. Occasional assembly line burnout.
Big mistake if you apply with morgan
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Janesville, WIJuly 12, 2018
Liars. Morgan posts jobs on here, Craigslist and through multiple temp agencies. Applied for a job here, told through management/interview that the job I applied for was already filled from within... BUT, they could offer me another job welding, given my experience. SOOO... my foot is in the door. Nearly a month later, (along with poor excuses,) I finally get to learn some welding. Very short lived. No sooner I learn that job, and they have me training someone else to do it. In the meantime, the job I originally applied for is reposted again on here and multiple other sites. It's a pull the wool over your eyes shim sham scam just to get bodies through the door. Liars. They're all about learn this and that... the more you know, the more you make...etc... ship you around from station to station like a delirious nomad minion slave. And you must produce... be proficient in each area and make their numbers... SOOO... I did... I should be at a p2 or 3 by now. (There is 4 production levels, 4 being highest) Aaannnddd... my 90 day review comes around. NO RAISE. Have never missed a day or been late in 6 months. No points. NO RAISE. That's how Morgan treats it's employees. They don't care. They will just go to the jail or another temp agency for another monkey to drill holes all day and pop in rivets and screws. Jeez... how can they get away with this? Think about this: if they hire you in at 12 an hour, and a year later you finally get a raise, you will probably be at 12.50 an hour. Yay. Looking for other work here and I would advise you to do the same. The line leads and supervisors  more... will pull you off from the job your doing and put you on another job unfinished, and tell you you're not doing your job... leaving everyone else standing around... Actually stopping production. No life married to the job supervisors and line leads that pride themselves in others failure. Horrible work culture and morale. Others make you feel like you have no right to work there. Maybe if I was hired for the job you posted and I applied for, I could be more useful for the company. Sorry. Jeepers.  less
Pros
Earning flex time. Free donuts saturday.
Cons
As stated above
Good place to start but experienced welder steer clear
Welder (Former Employee) –  Denver, COFebruary 13, 2018
No real wage advancement or opportunity to grow in a career sense, but it is a good place to learn and get your foot in the door. If you have prior experience in the welding trade this job is a complete waste of time
Pros
Benefits and learning opportunity
Cons
No wage advancement or opportunity to grow and management doesn't care about employees
My associates made coming to work enjoyable.
Technical Sales Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Morgantown, PAOctober 10, 2018
There was a lot to learn in a short period of time but my trainer was extremely helpful and patient with me. The fast paced work environment made the days fly by and every day brought something new and different which made the job enjoyable and challenging. Technical sales support requires time management, critical thinking and multi-tasking skills. All the people that I worked with were dedicated, hard working and quick to help out. Management was good and never interfered with my work. I was given all the support I needed to succeed in a very fast paced environment.
Pros
Supportive Team Environment
Cons
Occasional Overtime
Busy but fun
Past Member (Former Employee) –  Corsicana, TXApril 20, 2018
Fast paced and always changing. They had a lot of management turn over, so rules we never consistent. I would say that pay is fair and some of the management did try.
Pros
Pay, benefits
Cons
hours
Dreadful
Welder (Former Employee) –  Denver, PAOctober 9, 2018
Overall working at Morgan was a mess, I have never seen anything like this. It's not a friendly environment, always changing your work schedule. You have no personal life especially 'mandatory' saturdays, everything is so unorganized, unprofessional, & dishonest (management). I've seen top notch knowledgeable good people on the shop floor get screwed over for something that is so dumb as an excuse. It's like being set up for failure... It's all about making numbers that cannot be touched & NO advancement. Kept moving me around in multiple areas, never learned one thing at a time. When it came to morning meetings did not have a clue to what they were talking about, kept saying the same things everyday. Constant state of missing parts & couldn't build what we needed (still blamed us regardless). Hired wack jobs who were too lazy to work possibly quit later & you had to full in for them, job training was awful. Tools always broke/missing. I was a good worker always on time showed respect to my workers, I have no sympathy for management. They didn't appreciate the value of good workers until they're gone. I worked there for about a year & a half. I've seen a lot of bad things happen! Take what you learned & NEVER go back. I highly recommend nobody to apply here if you're a welder.
Pros
Good coworkers that actually cared
Cons
MANAGEMENT & environment
Over very good company to work for
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Morgantown, PAFebruary 25, 2018
Very good company to work for. Lots of benefits and plenty of overtime for those who are interested in working long hours. Room for advancing if you are a hard worker.
Pros
Good pay, good benefits, lots of overtime
Cons
Dont get to spend alot of time with family
Was not a real good place to work
Material Handler/Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Morgantown, PASeptember 20, 2018
For me personally wish management wad better at being a manager. Pay rate was ok at first they kept telling me i was doing a very good job that i was the one who kept the numbers up but a pay rate to them is your doing a very good job.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Morgan Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.