Morgan Stanley

Found 3,475 reviews matching the searchSee all 4,108 reviews

Morgan Stanley insights

What people like
  • Time and location flexibility
  • Ability to meet personal goals
  • Ability to learn new things
Areas for improvement
  • Sense of belonging

Good Work Environment, but say goodbye to your social life

My team at Morgan Stanley was fantastic, probably one of the tightest knit teams that I have ever been a part of. As someone still young and growing in the industry there is a great amount to learn here. As for your social life, plan to never have any weekends free and if you are in the technical field there is just a small team so you will be on call 24/7 some weeks. December is the worst month for all at Morgan because of End of Year financial reviews, at the end of 2019 there was nearly 1500 jobs cut mostly in the technology sector, so never be confident about your position here, it can be cut at any time.

Productivity and professional job experience

Morgan Stanley was a Very professional company to work for, it had a great caring and respectful work environment. As an employee they give you the opportunity to grow, they offer full benefits packages and tons of other great opportunities. I would recommend this company to anybody . It would be my dream to get a job here in the Miami office !

Pros

Free snacks, free pizza, Christmas parties and bonuses !

Cons

Salary could be a little bit better

Great job

They are amazing company to work for would recommend working here this was my favorite job and I have worked quite a few jobs started my pay with 16 a hr for receptionist

Pros

Pay, Benifits

Cons

expectations on productivity are unrealistic

Morgan Stanley has a horrible work culture on account of their unrealistic work productivity demands. They focus exclusively on how much revenue you can generate for the company to the detriment of mental health or work life balance. If you are relatively new, you are micro-managed and treated like a child. All in all, not a pleasant experience and I'm happy got out of there after just under a year.

Pros

facilities, employee perks

Cons

obnoxious people, little regard for work/life balance

Pay is decent, management/ Training sucked. Very rushed.

Decent pay, training is rushed. Management not supportive. Overall not worked it. Under management disregards you, no support. Too systems to learn in a month.

Share your experience

Let job seekers know what it's like to work at your company.

Satisfactory place to work

Okay place to work. Challenging to study for licensing exams and work at the same time in the beginning of the job. Good work location. decent benefits

Good to learn a lot

Good company to start withHard to break into industryIf you partner with HNW Teams you can do well for them.Supportive managers But don’t expect to know what you’re doing ever

Pros

Good benefits good managers

Consistently Unimpressed

As stated in another review the compensation is adequate and the benefits are great. Other than that the training and onboarding has been a nightmare. My process was all through covid so I will give them that. But the company is just so outdated. They're trying to update it but it's a huge company and they keep buying other companies. Nothing is streamlined and it's obvious to the customers which is really awkward as a representative. It's pretty consistently uncomfortable working with customers since there always seems to be hole in the process that is going to make this take much longer than anticipated.

Pros

Benefits and Vacation time, Tons of opportunities to move up since they're growing so much

Cons

Training is a massive waste of time, No support from management moving forward, Constantly changing who you report to

Productive work assignments and great colleagues

Friendly work place, lots of opportunities to learn and prove yourself. There are opportunities to be innovative, show leadership, volunteer your time in various network groups, etc.

Pros

Modern, clean office and facilities

productivity can be lacking sometimes

It depends on what you like doing. If you like doing the bare min then you'll be ok, but the work given to you can also sometimes be somewhat repetitive

Pros

standard 8 hours, culture

Cons

too stressful sometimes

Jobs at Morgan Stanley

See more jobs

Great work life balance but hard to get promoted.

The firm has challenging projects to work on. Never heard about layoffs in the last few years. Work-life balance is one of the best perks. It even has few extra days off on top of vacation days. Most of the peers are competent and talented. However, it is hard to get promotions.

Pros

work life balance

Cons

promotions

Great place to work. Extremely inclusive and lots of support. The compensation is fair and I have a strong work/life balance. I also feel like my feedback is appreciated and encouraged.

Morgan stanley

Great management team. They are supportive and try to give you work life balance. The job can be stressful at times, but the pay is okay for what you do.

Stressful and professionally dangerous

Do not work nothing but lawyers and compliance managers. Management forces brokers to sell In house product. The brokers are fired if they don’t sell product

Pros

Compensation

Cons

No management support

Important Industry

good benefits, Everything is basically done on computer now, you may be asked to wear several hats at a time. Branch offices are part of a large complex office. Advancement to higher positions would be more beneficial at the complex level. Management is pretty much run by corporate office. The best part of the job is meeting new people , The hardest part of the job is trusting co-workers.

Great fast-paced, ambitious culture and peers

A great place to learn capital markets business in thorough detail, and work with ambitious and successful people looking to make their marks. Strong camaraderie develops with your peers as you work your way up the organizational ladders.

Pros

Fast-paced, constantly changing environment and needs

Cons

Slow promotion cycles

Flexible Job but compensation could be better

Work/life balance has definitely improved over the years however i feel like compensation could be wayyyy better. Especially at the management level.

Pros

Flexible work schedule

Cons

Compensation

Productive and decent workplace

Depending on the team management can vary. Call center work, taking inbounds, processing workflows, and correcting mistakes fro new hires. Overall it's a good start for the WM side

Program seems reasonable, but poorly executed - especially during COVID times.

Entered the WAA program as a relatively newly-minted CFP® professional with about four years of experience, thinking I would have a relative advantage on the rest of the program. The idea is that you would partner with experienced advisors, running financial plans for them for about a year before being sent out on your own to get clients.I onboarded while we were all working from home, so I didn't have an opportunity to meet any of the other advisors in the branch. The advisors are very busy, understandably, and aren't adequately informed on your role or how you can help them. If you don't meet a certain number of plans each month, you risk termination, so I was left cold-calling advisors in other branches to try and hit my numbers. My training coordinator said, quite explicitly, that I shouldn't need to do that, and that my manager should be helping me get introductions, but that never happened, despite numerous requests for assistance.It's clear that MS knows they need to modernize their business, and I genuinely think they're trying, but they just don't know how to properly support and develop new talent.

Standard Issue Financial Services Organization

The firm was excellent at obtaining contractors to do "Diversity & Inclusion" and other seminars. Unfortunately, most of the material "learned" remained in the conference room in which the sessions were held. Couldn't be beat the organization for the benefits though!

Depends on your team and location

Everything highly depends on your team and location.Things were reasonable during my tenure. We had the strongest production management team I have ever seen, which kept developers' schedules sane. I left in the midst of cost-cutting, and it continued for at least 5 more years. Quite a few people I know to be good at what they do were let go, which makes me think it is not the place it used to be.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Morgan Stanley. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

1.4K
1.4K

Diversity score

out of 100
Comparably
Diversity Score
Top 50%
In the Top 50% of similar size companies
The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Morgan Stanley.
Powered byComparably

Compare Morgan Stanley with

• Morgan Stanley
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?