Morgan Stanley

United States4,034 reviews

Found 4,034 reviews matching the searchSee all 4,762 reviews
morganetradefinancialadvisorfirmwealthinvestmentbarney

Good Work Environment, but say goodbye to your social life

My team at Morgan Stanley was fantastic, probably one of the tightest knit teams that I have ever been a part of. As someone still young and growing in the industry there is a great amount to learn here. As for your social life, plan to never have any weekends free and if you are in the technical field there is just a small team so you will be on call 24/7 some weeks. December is the worst month for all at Morgan because of End of Year financial reviews, at the end of 2019 there was nearly 1500 jobs cut mostly in the technology sector, so never be confident about your position here, it can be cut at any time.

A lot of work for little compensation

Forced everyone to go back to the office and literally no work life balance. Very clueless on employee happiness. Just overworked and under staffed.

Morgan Stanley insights

Based on 1,073 survey responses
What people like
  • Feeling of personal appreciation
  • Ability to meet personal goals
  • Ability to learn new things
Areas for improvement
  • Sense of belonging
  • Overall satisfaction
  • Support from manager

Great Work place

Great, company. They care about your success but also have a lot of expectations for you to meet per month. Through the FAA program you get paid to study which is great, you also learn from the best FA in the business

Goo Wlb

Good work culture, work life balance slow growth, good benefits 401k, health insurance. Management can do better to retain the talent and can pay beeter with stock options

Best/worst company to work for

Good job security. Good training. Solid benefits. Good work/life balance.Management is some of the worst I’ve ever encountered. No people skills. They turn a blind eye to unethical or illegal practices as long as it’s a FA doing them.

Benefits

Cons

Management issue

Easy job, no training and no flexible hours

Job itself is pretty simple and easy, all depends on your manager. Manager turn over is extremely high so one year you may get a good manager, one year you may get a manager that clocks in and out. No real training for my position, you rely on your co-workers to train you and some people DO NOT have the personality for that. Flexible in terms of if you have vacation or a personal appointment they work with you but mandating you have to be in the office almost every day when not necessary.

Pros

Flexible vacation/ personal time, healthcare/ benefits

Cons

Unpaid mandatory lunch break, poor workplace culture, no training

High stress environment

Ms seems to be so focused on digital metrics they ate losing the edge in first class service. Paying new employees more than experienced ones giving them more flexibility to lure them in.

Soul-Crushing Job, Worse Management, Long Hours, Low Pay, Favoritism, and Lack of Career Growth Opportunities

This is the most miserable job I have ever had. Worse management I have ever seen in place. I got to a point that I hate my job so much that Sunday nights are a total nightmare. It’s a “good” place to start your career due to well-known company profile. I am actively looking for another job because this sucks so bad.

Pros

Well-known company

Cons

Long work hours, low pay, low employee morale, snobby management, favoritism, lack of promotion and career growth opportunities

Team FA

good training, call center environment which stinks though and too sales focused (firm was not upfront about this). they tell you you will work a shared BoB with other FAs but do not tell you they want you to be bringing in $1 million annually as well (this is told to you right at the end of training). disconnect between management and associates.

Pros

firm culture, training

Cons

short breaks, not much career growth, etc.

Solid Company

Taking inbound calls to service accounts. Good place to get licensed and take exams. Management cares about your success. Mostly just a call center service job for Customer relationship associates.

Good people, long hours

There are good people working here, but they're generally more invested in their job than their personal lives. I will say this also depends which department you are a part of as I was part of one that worked much later hours.

Awesome

Meaningful work surrounded by immense talent. World class professionals at every step, great culture, great pay. Working with large clients and institutions daily

politics

work is not as challenging. frameworks are developed and you just need to follow.too much customized to the companywill not be able to use the skills learned here elsewhere.

Great company

I worked there for 6 months. Unfortunately I got COVID for a good chunk of time and i had to leave. Great pay and benefits. Hope I can come back there

Productive work environment

Overall, my experience was great. It is flexible with opportunity for growth. I've established great relationships with colleagues. They also offer nice benefits.

Administrative

The name on the resume looks great , however this job is way more administrative then it is finance based . For a person with a finance degree like myself I would not recommend it .

Nice place to work with little advancement

Nice place to work with little advancement for raise and promotion. The company is a good place to gain experience and offen people would leve for better paying jobs

Supportive staff and teams

Exams must be passed in order to maintain employment and eventually support a team in a service capacity. Friendly office, ask to shadow those doing the role AFTER you have passed your exams.

Great learnings. Average Paycheck and benefits

Good for interns and Seniors. ESPs get hard time based on their managers. LEadership changes every 4 years and the developres and everyone under them remain pretty much the same for several years.

Fine

Worked in the mailroom. Regular job good days and bad. For the role I wouldn't stay longer than a year but for that year you'll be able to learn and work on some skills

Well run company but very political

Good promotion process and a great place to build career. Pay is a bit lower than comps but reasonable. Must have good relationship with your managers.

Common questions about Morgan Stanley

Answered by current and former employees at Morgan Stanley

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Morgan Stanley. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.6 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Ratings from women

2.6
InHerSight Score
2.3Personal Development
2.8Career Opportunities
3.0Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight
Powered byInHerSight

Compare Morgan Stanley with

Morgan Stanley reviews by popular job title

• Morgan Stanley