Morgan Stanley Employee Reviews

Typical finance company
Director-Senior Associate (Former Employee) –  Conshohocken, PAAugust 18, 2018
This was last job in finance I worked and working at this company was very average at best. I have worked at several other finance companies that are leaps and bounds better for growth advancement and culture.
Fast Paced Environment
Client Services Specialist (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHAugust 17, 2018
Morgan Stanley was a fast paced environment where you had to learn quick and learn how to handle every different type of client. They have a reliable system and the work culture is good.
Morgan Stanley
Wealth Management Vice President (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTAugust 16, 2018
Solid corporate culture. Expectations are reasonable. Extremely comfortable environment. I have been there for 5 years and have enjoyed the focusing on client deliverables in Wealth Management.
Productive and relaxed work environment
Global Stock Plan Services Center Representative (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHAugust 16, 2018
Morgan Stanley is a wonderful place to work. They offer great work environment that includes amazing training and management. There are tons of job advancement opportunities. There are great incentives like tuition reimbursement and great benefits.
If you don't work for a good team, it's miserable
Registered Associate (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAAugust 16, 2018
As a CSA if you don't work with a respectful FA who will compensate you then your life will be miserable. The company does not care about us. Our concerns are not heard, including when we have felt unsafe.
Pros
free lunches...
Cons
...after the FA's are done eating
Very fast paced friendly environment
Executive Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Oakland, CAAugust 15, 2018
A typical day at Morgan Stanley would be arrive at 6am, turn on computer check voicemail messages. Check my broker and my mailbox, handle any problems that may arise. I then follow up with my work from the previous day. The hardest part of the job is getting registered with all the securities licenses. I learned a lot about IRA's 401k, learned about options and commodities, The most enjoyable part of the job is talking to clients over the phone and meeting clients in person for a face to face meeting. I love working with all the clients and I give them my undivided attention. I will go above and beyond for the clients satisfaction.
Pros
free lunches, good hours
Cons
no breaks normally eat lunch at my desk
Great company
Senior Vice President (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 14, 2018
By far the most relevant company in my career. Despite the high pressured environment, the company provided the tools needed to achieve all objectives, which turned into performance rewards.
Pros
Pay, benefits, flexibility
Cons
High pressure
Working for Morgan Stanley
Global Stock Plan Service Representative (Former Employee) –  South Jordan, UTAugust 14, 2018
I really enjoyed my job as a whole. I really liked the people I worked with and really had great managers. I really felt that advancement was difficult and that overall compensation was not good for the licenses and experience that I had.
Pros
Good work environment, Great managers and co-workers. Interesting job
Cons
Not good advancement opportunities and the pay was below average for the job
EQUITY SALES AND TRADING (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAAugust 14, 2018
Great place to work. Management is very helpful. Easy to find solutions for client problems. Helped keep you educated and were responsive when you needed expertise.
Good reputation
Vendor Project Manager (Consultant (Current Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 13, 2018
As a consultant you are treated relatively fairly. Teams appeared to work well together. Compensation left more to be desired. Have worked with more flexible working arrangements elsewhere as a consultant. WFH not permitted.
Unstable Company
Consultant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 13, 2018
I was a consultant for 2 years and the morale was horrible. They have a minimum of 2 years and they didn't inform me, I had to find out via a woman from another team in the pantry. My manager was always on the internet and talked too much.
Decent
Fixed Income Operations Analyst (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDAugust 12, 2018
Decent. Come in at 9 and leave at 6. Not too many meetings. Work is exteremly fast paced and you need to be very attentive and alert at all times to ensure no mistakes are made.
Great people.
Private Wealth Management Intern (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 11, 2018
IT was a wonderful experience. I learned a lot and I really enjoyed working with the seniors that I had exposure to. With that being said, Private Wealth MAnagement was not for me.
Its a work environement for new graduates
ISG Products Operations Associate (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDAugust 11, 2018
Pay structure is not the best but a good place to get your career started. Benefits are good but 401k is only fully vested after 3 years. There is a lot of younger people working out of the Baltimore office.
Pros
benefits was great, encourages lateral mobility
Cons
No consistent pay increase and upwards career advancement
Director of Operational Risk (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDAugust 9, 2018
Great company to work for. I have a great manager who trust my judgement. No day is the same; have great partner to work with. Risk is at the forefront of everyone's mind.
Pros
ability to make decisons
Cons
too many meetings
Collborative and collegial work environment
VP, Program & Delivery Management (Current Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 9, 2018
Morgan Stanley's collaborative work environment is a competitive differentiator. The culture is one of inclusion and merit oriented. I feel I have been more productive & creative here in the many different roles that I have had, than in any prior firm.
Pretty cool place for a contract
PC Deployment Technician, Contract (Former Employee) –  Northbrook, ILAugust 9, 2018
I was only there for a short project but it was great. The staff was friendly and made it feel like I was apart of the company. The on site management was understanding as well.
Enjoyable First Internship
Pasadena - Office Intern (Former Employee) –  Pasadena, CAAugust 8, 2018
While my time here was relatively limited, I did really enjoy my time here. Typically, I would shot up at work and occupy myself with filing. Throughout the day, I would have many other tasks including copying/faxing, data management, and delivering messages. Management was extremely professional and kept the office running at a high level, while also making me feel welcome. Culture wise, the company emphasized focus on teamwork and benefiting those who work harder. The hardest part was initially getting up to the company's speed. However, after getting comfortable, everything went pretty smooth. Probably the most enjoyable part was interacting with my fellow associate's as we got along very well together.
Great Place to Work
Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDAugust 7, 2018
Very challenging. Learn something new everyday. Culture is welcoming. Few late nights but you have the option to work from home. Great benefits. Nice location.
Pros
Occasional Free food
Wouldn't recommend
Financial Advisor (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAAugust 6, 2018
overall experience was below average. Management was not helpful. Senior advisors don't even sniff your way when starting the program. You do have the opportunity to make a lot of money but that much further down the line
Pros
Free Lunches and opportunity to make alot of money further down the line
Cons
Extremely competative program with very little help from management or senior advisors

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Morgan Stanley. Our community is ready to answer.

Diversity score

Powered by Comparably

63out of 100

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Morgan Stanley.