Morgan Stanley Employee Reviews

Found 2,660 reviews matching the search See all 3,095 reviews
All Great
Business Analyst Manager (Current Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 22, 2019
Great culture but must manage your own career advancement. Also compensation is low compared to other banks.

I do not have anything else to say but just be aware of the above.
Great place to work, too large sometimes
Executive Director, Private Wealth Management (Current Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 22, 2019
MS is an excellent place to work, and I have enjoyed my time with the company. It's clear that I am not alone in that sentiment, since I have many colleagues that have been with the firm for 20+ years. The firm can seem extremely large at times, which can make getting things done difficult. However, there is a culture of partnership that permeates the business and drives the firms success.
High call volume
Service Professional (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHFebruary 21, 2019
I had two different managers at the time I was there. They worked on the floor with you and were very helpful. The phone calls were overwhelming and you had to learn information fast. If you don't mind working in a call center then it's not a bad job and the pay is good. It's is really competitive to move up because a lot of people are trying to get out of the call center.
Pros
Decent pay
Cons
Short breaks, hard to advance, and high call volume.
Digital and Business Analytics
Data Center Developer (Former Employee) –  LondonFebruary 20, 2019
Digital and Business Analytics, you will work with the Wild Fork leadership to build a strategy and execution plan that improves wildforkfoods.com experience and optimizes digital customer acquisition. Working with cross-functional teams such as product management and technology, you will provide actionable insights through data analytics, pre-post analysis, data mining, various financial models etc.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
short breaks
Great Place to Work
Senior Executive Assistant - Investment Management (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 20, 2019
The overall culture was great, I enjoyed my job and responsibilities and worked hard to overcome difficulties. Was dedicated to my manager and team; responsible and reliable. Morgan Stanley is a great place for growth and mobility and they treat employees fairly.
Pros
Work/life Balance
When you're in the office, you are there to work
Financial Advisor/Financial Planning Specialist (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOFebruary 20, 2019
As someone in their first 5 years here, when you go to work it is all about keeping busy all day. No one really helps you and you are on your own to hit the goals your management has given you. The only time you talk to management is when you either need help with something or you didn't hit your goal. The pros, if you hit your goals, no one really cares if you come into the office to work or work from home.

If you are not hitting your goals, you basically have 3 months to get back on track or you will be terminated.
Productive place
Senior Programmer Analyst - Consulting (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 20, 2019
Morgan Stanley is a very good company to work as a computer programmer analyst, it has very good tools and software like Change man, Entertest and other tools
Its a job to pay the bills
Subject matter expert (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHFebruary 20, 2019
I needed a job at the time, and was able to get one here. I have been a temp coming up to a year in April. It seems like a slow process, so I'm not receiving benefits as a full time employee, but it's currently paying the bills. If I'm not able to get hire on soon, I will have to look elsewhere.
Cons
Temp to hire, and not sure how long you may become permanent
Competitive work enviroment. Too much politics
Executive Director (Current Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 20, 2019
Competitive work environment. Brandname recognition. Strong and competitive employees. Great location (midtown near times square). Room for improvement for Senior management. Too much politics.
Pros
Brandname recognition
Strong Organization
VP - Global Head (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 19, 2019
Premier financial services firm with room to grow and develop.

Forward-thinking executives. I would encourage anyone to apply to Morgan Stanley.
I learned to be a proactive manager. My manager was very comfortable with mu style.
Do not be fooled by the name!
Operations (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDFebruary 19, 2019
Unskilled Management. Management only allows their "favorites" to promote. No business acumen or professionalism. Does not promote training or development.
Boring old school corporate work environment
Assistant Vice President (Current Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 19, 2019
Not a good place to start your career the company is always looking out for their best interest first. If your good at your job you will be stuck there.
Inclusive and inviting work environment
Registered Associate (Current Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 18, 2019
Inclusive and inviting work environment. Most everyone you end up working with is very positive and smart. The office is beautiful and the amenities are top notch.
Pros
A lot of discounts, good benefit options and great office amenities
Typical retail advisory shop
Senior Registered Representative (Former Employee) –  Short Hills, NJFebruary 17, 2019
What you would expect from a large advisory firm, looking for assets and for people who can sell. They focus most of their effort on the large advisors with the biggest books
Great place
Trading Assistant /Junior Trader (Current Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 16, 2019
Great place to work .I have enjoyed working at Morgan Stanley. I have had the pleasure of working with really smart people. I have valued my time at Morgan
Good
Global Stock Plan Representative (Former Employee) –  Sandy, UTFebruary 15, 2019
Work enviornment good, not many opportunties for advancement unless you get in temporary first. Regular 8-5 job with little flexibility. That is all I have to say.
Nice place to work
Institutional Performance Reporting Associate (Current Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 15, 2019
It's a typical 9-5 work day. I have learned teamwork via project assignments Also the willingness of management to teach, if interested in increasing your work knowledge. The company has a good workplace culture.
Intern (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCFebruary 13, 2019
I loved my time as an intern at Morgan Stanley. Everyone instantly makes you feel like a part of the team. It is a very collaborative friendly environment where professionals can thrive. Hard work is expected.
would not recommend working there
Financial Advisor (Former Employee) –  Red Bank, NJFebruary 13, 2019
New hires come and go. once you pass the intense interview process and go into training, they put you in front of a computer and expect you to know how to start trading day one with no instruction on how to.
They cater to high producers; newbies are disposable.
Cons
training program is not useful
Corporate Environment
Financial Advisor (Current Employee) –  Wilmington, NCFebruary 13, 2019
If you enjoy a large corporate style environment, you will love working here. Good Benefits, Good Training, Good people working there. Recommend it.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Morgan Stanley. Our community is ready to answer.

51.1K
41K

Diversity score

Comparably
Diversity Score
TOP40%
In the Top 40% of similar size companies

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Morgan Stanley.

Powered by Comparably