Morgan Stanley Employee Reviews

Aggressive Sales Environment
Financial Advisor Associate (Former Employee) –  Toledo, OHJuly 20, 2018
I learned a lot while at Morgan Stanley, however there was poor support or investment by the management. The style of the Vice President was to put people down and challenge them by insulting their efforts and office support staff openly said the entry level program is designed so that people fail. Disappointing and yet I learned a lot - training was excellent. If a person did not meet the expected sales numbers training was denied for them.
It’s like you back in high school , What a joke !
Registered Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Purchase, NYJuly 18, 2018
Operations Management.......is a joke . There is no ops management. Management is supposed to lead by example , be willing to help there employees , create a positive work environment. Working here feels like your constantly trying to slay the dragon or at least duck from the fire . They are rude to their employees , unwilling to help or do anything . They play people against each other . They have there favorites for sure which just causes more animosity.

Their back office is even more of a joke . You can call 10x and get 10 different answers , and don’t bother asking your ops team for help , there too busy tearing your wardrobe apart . Like I said ....High School .
MS is just a nice name to put on your resume as a stepping stone to greener pastures . If you can make here , you can make it anywhere .

If you decide to still come ... keep your head down and keep to yourself and you’ll do ok .
Pros
Company name & Benefits
Cons
Pay is ehhe, nothing special. Bottom range.
I do not have a view
Equity Research Analyst (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 18, 2018
There is no typical day. I learned a lot. Workplace culture is great. The cafeteria has great food. I used excel a lot. I used office a lot. I did not like working in Times Square.
Great Company Culture
Financial Advisor (Former Employee) –  Rockville, MDJuly 18, 2018
A typical day of work included, making phone calls, networking, or doing seminars to drive business in addition to managing investments and relationships of current clients. My financial acumen greatly increased as a result of working here. Morgan Stanley has a great company culture and values diversity. The hardest part of the job is bringing in assets to meet your goals but it can be done with hard work and a little bit of luck. The most enjoyablepart of the job was helping people t achieve their financial goals.
Overall experience.
Senior CSA - International Division (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 18, 2018
I loved the job I had at Morgan Stanley, Sr. Client Service Associate; despite I wasn't registered with the SEC (which I feel that MS frowns on now). Several experienced workers such as myself were terminated as a result.
Pros
Good company once you were accepted.
Cons
Too many stipulations and lots of favoritism within.
Internship
Social Media Marketing Intern (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 18, 2018
Not the best company culture I could have asked for but did not stay long enough to have a proper say. I was able to receive great training at Bloomberg but aside from that it was very quiet and not a creative environment.
Good corporate culture but I had a bad expereience
Intern (Former Employee) –  Bethesda, MDJuly 17, 2018
I worked here as an intern and pretty much was locked into an office to cold call the entire day. I definitely used as an office jockey used to make the manager money. There was not much room for advancement and I did not really learn anything new as I was doing the same thing at my last internship, where I was making commission as well. This was just a job I took hoping to be a start to a career after college but the manager that I worked for definitely was just looking for cheap labor to man the phones and bring in leads.
Customer service
Service Professional Agent (Contracted) (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHJuly 15, 2018
It was a decent place, countless of OT very fast pace. Training wasn’t as detail as needed. Metric was unattainable but the culture was nice and warm.
Not satisfied with job compared to expectations.
Financial Advisor Associate (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KansasJuly 13, 2018
My supervisor did not follow through on commitments he made to me. In view of my abundant experience, I was promised that I would be given full discretion to manage accounts on completion of training. This did not occur.
Productive and fun to work with.
Senior Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 13, 2018
In my position at Morgan Stanley I have gained extensive experience in clerical and customer service. I work at Morgan Stanley for twenty five years. My clerical skills include typing, filing etc. I enjoy working for Morgan Stanley.
A great place to end your career.
Client Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Walnut Creek, CAJuly 11, 2018
I feel like the company is perfect for older employees who have already had established careers to come retire. Not many opportunities for younger advisors or support staff.
Temporary position.
Service Coordinator Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLJuly 11, 2018
It was a temporary position. Manager was moving to another company. Roles were pending to be assigned.
I did not work as an employee of Morgan Stanley .
It was an assignment and cannot rate the company very well since I did not have benefits and did not stat too long.
It was a very fast paced environment, some positions were not filled up at the moment I was working so I was doing 2 jobs at the same time. Also I had to work weekends since facilities required to do the job outside market and bank hours.
Pros
free coffee and sodas
Cons
Working more than 48 hours per week.
Global firm with lots of locations and opportunities
CLIENT SERVICE ASSOCIATE (Current Employee) –  Denver, COJuly 10, 2018
I started working in Newport Beach, CA and was able to transfer to the Denver, CO office. Strongly advised to get series licenses to open up continued opportunities. Most if not all positions require individuals to be licensed. Coming from an administrative/assistant background was helpful but not conducive to learning finance industry. Employer provides equal opportunity for gender, ethnicity, etc...
Pros
Flexible Schedule, Early Office Hours, Competitive Compensation
Cons
Understaffed Role as CSA
Good place to grow
Intern (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAJuly 10, 2018
Respectable institution. Kind management invested in seeing new talent succeed. Friendly atmosphere with inquisitiveness encouraged. Always encouraged to keep learning.
This was an amazing company to work for, had a great time
Dean Writer N.Y (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 10, 2018
This company was one of the best that I ever worked for due it's very professional environment and great leadership. Outstanding company in every single way.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
temporay work
Morgan Stanley provided a great work environment
Field Transition Specialist (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 9, 2018
I would go into the office, get settled. Then check my previous days activities for any mistakes or errors, I then proceeded to speak with the advisor and their assistant to see if there was any important issues or accounts that had to be opened immediately. If not, I would continue to open accounts, process transfers and check with management to make sure things were running smoothly.
Pros
Interacted with managers and co workers to get the job done quicly
Cons
Sometimes it was difficult to find the person in charge who could make the process go quicker
Great company
Financial Advisor (Former Employee) –  Financial AdvisorJuly 9, 2018
I came to Morgan Stanley through the merger of Smith Barney. I personally liked Smith Barny better, but the new firm is still pretty good. If I was to have my way id bring back the Smith Barny way.
Great Experience
Intern (Former Employee) –  Woodland Hills, CAJuly 9, 2018
Great work experience, flexible hours, and knowledgeable management that is willing to help at every turn. Overall a good work environment that is driven toward success.
Challenging
MS AI- Vice President AGILE Scrum Master (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 9, 2018
Would not recommend for working mothers. Cry conpetitive environment and not team players. Everyone is out for themselves and many people lost values
Pros
Meet lots of people
Cons
Nonstop, very aggressive culture with people pulling rug from underneath you
good company
Senior Operations Associate (Former Employee) –  Bethesda, MDJuly 9, 2018
It's a different culture than Smith Barney. smith barney was more laid back and a fun place to wore. Morgan a little stiff and once we got new mgmt...forget it. Morgan is a good place to work, if you have good mgmt
Pros
I made more money there
Cons
new mgmt

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Morgan Stanley. Our community is ready to answer.

Women's ratings

Powered by Fairygodboss

3.0Fairygodboss Score

27%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

34%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.