Morgan Stanley Employee Reviews

Found 2,470 reviews matching the search See all 2,877 reviews
Best Place I've Ever Worked
Director - Compliance Automation Engineering (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTOctober 19, 2018
Summary says it all. I'm 100% real. I worked in the South Jordan, Utah location. I worked in Gain/Loss and my team was amazing, my managers were amazing... it was busy... really busy, but they made it fun, despite all the hard work. Long hours - but still fun.
Productive and smart place to work
Senior Consultant/Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 19, 2018
The days are long but rewarding. The teams are cohesive and vastly intelligent. Business objectives constantly shift to meet regulatory deliverables.
Pros
The ability to work from home
Cons
Follow the sun model used in meeting, Does not promote healthy boundaries between work and life balance
Very Basic place to work. Did not go above an beyond for employees
Vice President & Financial Advisor (Former Employee) –  Red Bank, NJOctober 19, 2018
Morgan Stanley had a very basic office culture. They did not invest in much that encouraged employees to do better and work together better. Everybody kept to themselves and i believe that is because Morgan Stanley lacked in areas of creating a good workplace culture.
Pros
Some holiday activities were held..like a memorial day BBQ
Cons
Poor work place culture.
Worked there for over 10 years and enjoyed most of them
First V.P. Wealth Management (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLOctober 16, 2018
Worked my way up through the company to the top person in my training class out of almost 1000 people. Went on to achieve many advancements and recognition achievements. Was a top 10 or 5% earner each year at the company earing significant bonuses as well.
Pros
Flexible Hours, Great Pay and Incentives
Cons
STressful work and lots of hours put in.
Long hours and static pay
Associate Operations Specialist (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDOctober 16, 2018
Positions sent from NYC to Baltimore paid less in Baltimore and then positions were outsourced to India

also having to work major holidays Easter, July 4th, Labor day etc is a bummer
Excellent place to work
Financial Advisor (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, MNOctober 15, 2018
I enjoyed working at Morgan Stanley and learning from the experienced team working there. Everyone in the office was very friendly and supportive. I would recommend working at Morgan Stanley.
Lacks leadership at the local level
Vice President (Current Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLOctober 15, 2018
The culture of the entire industry has changed dramatically over the past 20 years. The firm lacks a commitment to both the financial adviser and the client. The firm is concerned with the firm and the firm only.
Pros
great benefits and lifestyle flexibility
Cons
lacks leadership and direction in an industry that seems to be dying
Wealth Management Intern
Wealth Management Intern (Former Employee) –  Melville, NYOctober 15, 2018
Awesome, environment. Mentors very willing to help. I learned a lot about the strategies they used and the software and technologies they used. I would recommend.
Exactly what the media portrays of Wallstreet
Financial Advisor (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLOctober 15, 2018
Morgan Stanley has a toxic work environment with a unilateral objective: to make the most money for the shareholders. Morgan Stanley goes to whatever extreme necessary to squeeze out every penny of profit in both the way they compensate their advisors and employees and in the way they charge their clients. After seven years at Morgan Stanley, I learned that I want nothing to do with the company neither as an employee nor a client.
Pros
Cons
Many
The Best Place to Work
Sr. Vice President Wealth Management (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLOctober 14, 2018
Morgan Stanley is a leading worldwide firm dedicated to wealth Management and Investments Advisory. From the moment you star a career at Morgan Stanley to become part of a leading investment firm.
The culture at Morgan Stanley reflects the values of many generations of men a women dedicated to the advisory industry.

It is a great firm to work for and the pride of knowing that your work can change the life of those around you is the most rewarding feeling one can have.

Morgan Stanley is a great firm to work for.
Pros
Awesome Culture
Cons
Constrained by regulation
excellent place to work
Executive Administrative Assistant to CEO (Current Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 14, 2018
very pleased with the culture of the work place the environment and professionalism constantly challenged with the work and learning on constant basis people are very friendly and professional
Pros
culture
Cons
na
I enjoyed my time at Morgan Stanley
Intern Analyst (Current Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 12, 2018
Work can be stressful but I enjoyed my co workers some people were kinder than others. They aren't at least with me very clear about training. I was just throw into the fire.
I enjoyed the financial advisor I worked with.
Client Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Roanoke, VAOctober 12, 2018
I enjoyed helping clients and the financial advisor I worked with. The atmosphere and management was poor however. I felt there was no room for growth. The income potential is unlimited for this position.
merit based
Associate - Developer (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 11, 2018
Very merit based. Developers are independent, knows what counts in career development. Development team, QA team often challenge each other. Users often recognize development team
Great company, competitive environment.
Wealth Advisory Associate (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCOctober 11, 2018
Ever changing environment, extremely self directed. Enjoyed the entrepreneurial lifestyle. Appreciated the "sky is the limit" mentally of the firm, however, very difficult career.
Eh
Portfolio Manager (Current Employee) –  Detroit, MIOctober 11, 2018
A typical day at work is normally full with a lot of and the company has a very aggressive culture that is predatory in nature to abuse youth recruits
N/a
Client Services Associate (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 10, 2018
Great company while working and interning. Worked closely with a small group - each day was very busy but learned a lot of skills that set me up for a successful future.
okay first job
Consulting Group, Investment Product Specialist (Current Employee) –  Wilmington, DEOctober 9, 2018
Good mix of exposure to the finance world. Good first job out of undergrad. Will give oppurtunities for overtime. Will outgrow quickly. Empty promises.
Positive Work Experience
Vice President (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTOctober 8, 2018
I enjoyed working for Morgan Stanley. Was granted autonomy and provided with the support needed to pursue career opportunities. Management takes an active role in employee development
Executive Director in IT (Current Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 8, 2018
Morgan Stanley has a very collaborative culture and people are generally encouraged to share their thoughts, suggested improvements and concerns.

Depending on your role, your schedule can be extremely hectic and you'll have long days, but most people are sincerely committed to doing a great job and helping one another succeed.
Pros
Flexibility in schedules, working with smart people, strong culture of giving back
Cons
Minimal diversity in the Senior Ranks; lean staffing requires people to work long hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Morgan Stanley. Our community is ready to answer.

51K

Women's ratings

3.0Fairygodboss Score

27%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

58%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss