Morgan Stanley logo
Happiness rating is 68 out of 100Average

Morgan Stanley Employee Reviews in Charlotte, NC

Found 13 reviews matching the searchSee all 4,093 reviews

N/a

Working for people scout is great. Definitely a learning experience. Room for self exploration and skill development. Nice management. could be better.

Brand name company with High Value Clients

Working on a small team of 6 makes me feel valued and important. I help my advisors run the day to day of the business and well as help in financial planning. It seems that they have a clear plan of career progression for me. Sometimes it can be stressful if one member is absent since it is team based but we all cover for each other

Pros

Team based, nice clients, feels like I am making a difference, learning everyday

Cons

Short lunches sometimes, can be fast paced if someone is out

Simple But Not Easy

Solid place to build a financial advisor career, but the job culture will vary based on local management team and branch advisors. Great opportunity to help families and business accomplish their financial goals. The role requires consistent activity with a focus on 2-3 niche markets. Leverage the full resources of the company to differentiate from other advisors in the marketplace.

Pros

Training, Entrepreneurial Environment, Technology Platform

Cons

High Turnover, Total Grind First 3-5 Years

I loved my time as an intern at Morgan Stanley. Everyone instantly makes you feel like a part of the team. It is a very collaborative friendly environment where professionals can thrive. Hard work is expected.

Good place to work--for the most part.

Morgan Stanley is a good place to work for the most part. You have to understand that depending on your position, your work/life balance will suffer if you don't set hard boundaries and stick to them.

Pros

Prestigious firm, opportunities for advancement in certain areas

Cons

Work life balance, pay

Would you recommend working at your company?

Help people considering your employer make a good choice.

Productive workplace

Our clients are our first priority. We ask for specific feedback, we follow up and we make educational resources available for our clients. We make sure our customers feel wanted by giving them our uninterrupted attention and making sure that all their questions are answered and their needs are met.

constant change that is very disruptive

The firm is ever changing to add divisions then without giving the team a chance to be successful, terminating that division. It is disruptive to the employees and clients.

Morgan Stanley

Morgan Stanley is overall a good place to work, however in my role, there's no opportunity. The perception is if you don't have your Securities License 7, 63, 66, 9/10, there's no other role for you to obtain unless you're in the Northeast. On the branch level, there's no other options.

good place to land

It was a great company to start up a career in financial advising. I would recommend them to anybody. Very nice support staff and beautiful office space!

Wonderful staff

I enjoyed my 16 year career at Morgan Stanley. I started as an entry person and have had opportunities to advance, which I took advantage of. I worked with 2 teams and clients to develop asset allocation plans. I found myself good at and enjoying the research part of my job.

Pros

Opportunities to learn

Jobs at Morgan Stanley