Morgan State University Employee Reviews

It an excellent oj working at Morgan
Computer Laboratory Manager, (Former Employee) –  School of Business and ManagmentApril 10, 2018
Repair computers and trouleshoot systems and application errors. Network was properlly managed and also we use Network and maintain lots of computers..
We manage user accounts and work closely with harware.
fun work place.
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDApril 8, 2018
Clean and sanitize restrooms daily routine, monitor 8th floor, supervisors would come through to check on maintaining assignments, the students on campus were respectable, the hardest part of the job was carrying supplies around with you throughout campus grounds like buckets for mopping areas, but at the end of the day our team got the work completed.
Pros
we enjoyed our lunch breaks after teams worked together.
Cons
Its better to associate with coworkers than becoming friends, Go To Work is what i've always said.
Productive, but not a family orientated environment.
Office Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDApril 6, 2018
A typical day of work at Morgan State University is arriving on time, setting the work schedule for the day to picking up the recycling on campus and other duties as assigned.
Pros
I have a great Manager and great hours
Cons
Pay is very low
Financial Aid Assistant (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDMarch 29, 2018
Working at Morgan State was just a work study job. At first it was okay but it wasn't helping me as a person and it wasn't what I seen myself doing in life.
Office Clerk II (Current Employee) –  baltimore marylandMarch 21, 2018
it great place to work you meet new and different kind of people it is a place learn a lot of things just keep ;your eyes open and enjoy
faulty not supported by administration
Lecturer of Mathematics (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDMarch 6, 2018
The administration does not support the faculty. The pay is not fair at all and the opportunities for advancement limited. Your work is not fully appreciated by the administration
Vigilante and attentive environment
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDMarch 1, 2018
A typical day at work was monitoring and authorizing entrance and departure of employees, students, visitors and faculty. documenting reports of daily activities.
Management was firm and professional.
The workplace culture was active and lively.
There was no hard part to the job.
The most enjoyable part of the job was working in doors.
Pros
Unlimited Overtime
Cons
No cons
The workplace was productive, fun, exciting, and pleasant.
Project Manager's Assistant and Student Researcher (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDFebruary 20, 2018
A typical work day would start off with me sitting down with my project manager and going over the task that were completed and needed to be completed. After that, we would have meetings with department heads or Chairs of different departments. Following the meetings I would begin to do research on the tasks that needed to be completed. After completing all my task for the day I would look ahead so that I would have an idea what to prepare myself for. Working here I learned how to use numerous different software. Also, how project managers would carry out there job and duties. The workplace culture was great. Even though so people can be difficult at times that help with your communication skills and collaboration skills. The hardest part of the job was teaching myself how to use many of the softwares. The most enjoyable part of the job was seeing the changes I came up with implemented in the company.
Pros
Traveling, hands on experience, free software, and gateway to other opportunities
Cons
No benefits
Mentor (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDFebruary 19, 2018
I enjoyed working in such a great environment with different people. It was very fun and I learned many new things. The best part about my job was being able to interact with so many nice individuals on a personal level.
Pros
fun people
Cons
long shifts
Work Study
Work Study Student (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDFebruary 9, 2018
Work Study was good for college students who needed a little cash from time to time. It isn't one of those jobs you can build a living from because you are not making that much, but you do learn about working in an office setting.
Pros
On Campus
Cons
No Benefits
Great!
OFFICE ASSISTANT I (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDFebruary 6, 2018
Good Environment to work. Fun to be around such great professors and students. Always learning something new everyday. Never had any issues with anyone.
Morgan state is a good place to work
Assistant IT Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJanuary 31, 2018
If you are looking for an environment to work and school, Morgan state university is the place. it has great flexibility for you as a student and a staff.
Morgan State
Graduate Assistant/Fabrication Lab Employee (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJanuary 26, 2018
Working at Morgan State and earning my Master's here was a great balance between school and work. The balance taught me to work on homework and work in the fabrication lab assisting other students. Thank you for the opportunity Morgan State!
Adjunct Faculty (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJanuary 17, 2018
Very friendly environment to teach and learn new things. Students are good and office environment is also good. The job is part time to not able to involve in different activities.
Pros
Friendly Environment
Cons
No professional growth oppurtunity
Great
Google Teacher Assistant and Tutor (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDDecember 16, 2017
As a recent grad, I loved working as undergrad researcher while receiving my Bachelor's in Computer Science. What I was learning in the classroom related to what I needed to accomplish for my research.
Good Job,Perfect Job, Nice Environment, and friend culture
Teaching Assistance (Lecturer) (Current Employee) –  School of EngineeringDecember 9, 2017
Perfect Job, Nice Environment, and friend culture. morgan state university is free of any misconduct
School of Engineering, Baltimore M.D
Electrical And Electronics Engineering and computer
• Supervising Student activities.
• Assisting teacher giving Lesson and grading.
• Good background in Academic and Administrative Support
Pros
Free Lunch
Cons
healtcare
fast paced
Adjunct Professor (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDDecember 7, 2017
I had the opportunity to learn about the application and admissions process, transcript evaluations, Artsys, articulation agreements and academic advising.
Productive and fun learning atmosphere
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDNovember 28, 2017
I enjoyed working with the research team and the supervisor at Morgan State University. It was a great learning environment for me to enhance my scientific knowledge and techniques.
ok
Men's Basketball Coach (Assistant) (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDNovember 5, 2017
Very stressful environment. Great people!! The campus is fabulous and the president is very supportive and has a great vision for the school and the future.
great university
Assiatant football coach (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDNovember 2, 2017
i will recommend working working there. i recommend students attending the school. i enjoy working there. institution is a very friendly environment. great place

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Morgan State University. Our community is ready to answer.

Morgan State University Reviews by Location