Morneau Shepell Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Benefits Processing Analyst (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAAugust 2, 2018
Overall, it was a nice place to work as I met some nice people who I can call a friend. It is a fast paced working environment that keeps you moving. ..
Overworked and mean employees
HW Benefits Analyst (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 30, 2018
Over the course of 1 year, I can count on 1 hand how many weekends I did NOT work.
There were several employees that were extremely mean. They turned employees against each other.
Not a well thought out environment
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLJuly 17, 2018
I found the company to be lacking in organization and overall structure . This company was needing more of an overall attention to detail, consistency , and moral fabric within.
Pros
Attempts to make a dull place fun
Cons
Failing in what is fundamental
Not a bad place to work
BENEFITS ENROLLMENT SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Duluth, GAJune 9, 2018
I started there as a temp and was hired on permanently after being there for about 6 months. The office management is great, but the higher management that only comes in a few times a year can be a little difficult to work with at times.
I enjoyed my co-workers, most I am still in communication with.
The only real negative thing I would say is that no matter how well you are doing your job, if the client says they want you gone...you are gone with no recourse.
Pros
Co-workers
Cons
Upper Management
n/a
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMay 31, 2018
I do not wish to write a review about the company other than the ratings I have previously given. That is all for now. Just trying to met the character requirement.
Something new
Benefits Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAMay 29, 2018
i was a good place to work but at the same time the management was not that great. but as long you keep to yourself and do want you need to do at work.
Productive workplace with solid work life balance
Senior Client Manager (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXMay 23, 2018
Good work life balance with a focus on continuous learning. Client centric and culture is engaging and positive. Could use more opportunity to move around with the organization.
Pros
Strong culture, solid management
Cons
Pay should be more for the job
This company function like a reality show. The managers are clueless and treat line staff like cattle.
EAP Clinical Associate (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 20, 2018
This company is chaotic,unprofessional, and there were hints of racism. They hire mangers who do not know what they are doing. Would not recommend you work here
Pros
Working downtown
Cons
Salary, staff, lack of professionalism
Lack of support/fast paced/ high expectations for low pay
Clinical associate (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMarch 21, 2018
This is a fast paced working environment and training is lacking although your told you’re supported and going to be trained. There are things that management wishes they would help with but some things are honestly out of there control too. We are constantly being pressured to do the best but how can that be realistic when the caseloads are so high. God forbid we get a complaint because it’s always the associates fault or some how we are felt at fault. The retention rate is horrible, people are constantly being let go or resigning. This isn’t the ideal clinical position because there is nothing clinical about it. You can do the job having a high school degree.
Pros
Working downtown
Cons
Low wages, unrealistic work expectations
Relaxed, bu can get stressful
BENEFITS ENROLLMENT SPECIALIST (Current Employee) –  Duluth, GAMarch 9, 2018
This is a relaxed and laid back organization at times. The job is super easy, but does get stressful during the open enrollment periods. Management does try to work with you and does offer you the option to work 4 days at 10 hrs each day and be off on Fridays.

Want to know more about Morneau Shepell?

Ask a question
If you want to work for EAP, work somewhere else.
Clinical Associate (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 24, 2018
The work environment was chaotic. Management act very clueless and not helpful at all. Counselors would call and complain about billing, not being able to reach a person over the phone. You don't have enough time to find counselor with the case management time, which should be a bachelors level job. They switched to a new system that is counter productive and increase more tasks for the clinical associates. The resources are not up to date on some of those helplines, the client might as well use do their own search on the internet.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Lack of support from management, unrealistic expectations
Terrible work environment/ management is very shady.
Benefits Specialist (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 24, 2017
worse job ever. favoritism is extremely high. No room for advancement. The manager over the call center is racist and does not care for the Atlanta location. Different rules apply for Atlanta call center.
A great place to work.
Call Center Representative (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 15, 2017
The environment was very calm and they really strived to make sure we were as trained as possible. My manager and team lead always wanted us to ask questions and to never be afraid to question something we felt was incorrect.
If this isn't your last resort, keep searching
Escalation Analyst (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 8, 2017
If this isn't your last resort, keep searching. This company is very unstable and the management is a joke. The best part of the job is the pay. There are some work from home advantages. Choose wisely and don't get comfortable.
Pros
payday
Cons
can be fired at anytime
Great breakroom
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 5, 2017
Great place to work. Coworkers are fun, atmosphere is great. More communication between management and staff. Management needs tweeking! Beware if youre not in a clique!
Work place culture
Case Management (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMay 2, 2017
It is what you make it. I prefer not to get into the details of my experience with Morneau Shepell. I believe that everyone's experience is different and i would not want anyone to base there interest in working for this company off of my experience. This may turn out to be the best opportunity for you.
very fast paced environment
Insurance Verification Specialist (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAFebruary 16, 2017
medical billing and coding insurance verification for different policies demographics for all customers health insurance specialist are responsible for processing medical insurance claim form 5500 , medical coding maintaining patient records,assisting patients in obtaining and understanding medical benefits (eob) communicating with varies departments keeping them updated, heavy call volume great patients collect co pay
Pros
learn something new every day
Cons
changes every day
Benefits Administrator (Former Employee) –  Dunwoody, GAFebruary 2, 2017
I would not recommend anyone to work here because they are not straight forward with you, they claim that they are growing but no growth. Could never keep a contract and there is internal fighting with management.
Great Learning But Be Careful
Benefits Specialist (Former Employee) –  Dunwoody, GAJanuary 27, 2017
Great Learning Experience For Dealing With Members But Management Is Terrible You Perform Well & Your Job Is Always At Risk. Not a Stable Work Secure Job Be Careful. They Fail To Realize The Meaning Of Hippa Guidelines So They Create Their Own. Good Luck Great For 90 days Then They Slice You.
Pros
Experience Is Good For Learning About Benefits
Cons
Back Stabing Work Enviornment, While They Make Up Structured Rules As They Go Along.
Average
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 20, 2017
Pretty good company to work for.
Advancement opportunities are a little lower than most companies. They have lost 2 major accounts in 2 years. Morneau world do well to upgrade their billing system on all levels.
Pros
New role and training updates.
Cons
Depends on your area of work.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Morneau Shepell. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.0InHerSight Score

1.3Personal Development

2.2Career Opportunities

2.6Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight