Morning Pointe Senior Living Employee Reviews

One of the worst place s I have ever worked
Cook (Former Employee) –  Collegedale TennesseeFebruary 17, 2019
The place you always had to worry about your job .Management was as sorry as they can get didn’t care about anyone but themselves and the food was horrible just plain nasty at least the one in Collegedale Tennessee
Pros
When you went home
Cons
When you walked in there door
Unprofessional
Former Employee (Former Employee) –  Tuscaloosa, ALFebruary 13, 2019
Never worked in a place quite like this (not a compliment). There is no communication amongst mgmt to the nursing staff. New orders are often made and changed without notice. New residents show up without nurse staffs knowledge nor access to their patient records. Nurses are often left doing their job and the job of their superiors so mgmt can spend the day socializing. Though all staff and mgmt work as team the day before corporate comes and the day of their arrival. Resident assistants often work short handed but are expected to wrk as if they aren’t working alone. Ra’s are to assist residents with adl’s (which consists of a lot of nursing home tasks such as total patient care-hope you got a strong back), cleaning residents bathrooms, waitressing and steam cleaning dining room linens. Concerns and complaints are never taken seriously and usually lead to a decrease in the complainers hours or termination. Facility is ran by the RN and not the ED. Managerial staff, lead LPN included are in great need of courses that relate to how to talk to people like people, how to be effective leaders and a certain manger needs assertiveness training. I would not recommend this facility to families in search of a home away from home for their loved ones until managerial staff changes are made. I would also not recommend this place as a good job choice at this time. I do hope things improve because the residents that are there deserve better and Morning Pointe has potential to be great again.
Pros
Wonderful residents
Cons
Petty and unprofessional management
Excellent place to work
Resident Assistance (Former Employee) –  Franklin, INJanuary 25, 2019
Excellent place to work. This is the place I recommend for everyone. Working in morning Point senior living is allowed me to have life time experience. I like the family set up among co-workers.
Pros
Free Lunch
Cons
Short break s
Terrible place to work poor management
Resident Assistant (Former Employee) –  Powell, TNJanuary 24, 2019
The absolute worst place I've ever worked I worked there for 2 years terrible management they expect aides to do housekeeping and dining services as well they hire people without background check management is very poor they lie and deceive you management will not stand by there employees at all.families are lied to about services they are to receive it's a hostile work environment the resident services director is a liar they treat staff so poorly
Pros
Free meal sometimes
Cons
Liar for resident services director
Save your license and stay away.
LPN (Former Employee) –  Greeneville, TNJanuary 20, 2019
Get ready for a wonderful ride working under staffed. Working with skilled nursing home level residents without the help of skilled level CNA's and/or equipment. Treated unfairly by horrible management, and targeted if they get it in their head you said or did something against them even if it's just their own paranoia. Corporate really needs to clean house before state gets involved.
Pros
Not anything anymore
Cons
Management/stress
Deceitful Information given to fill positions
Resident Assistant (Former Employee) –  Powell, TNJanuary 19, 2019
Massive turnover due to low pay and workload expected. Inadequate training. Information given during interview was very distorted and basically not true. It is really sad for a company to charge residents such high amounts and not be willing to pay and provide proper hiring, training etc You should not have to be a server, trash collector and housekeeper along with RA
Pros
Free Lunch
Cons
Low Pay for required load
Unfavorable Environment (Staff)
Clinical (Former Employee) –  Tuscaloosa, ALJanuary 13, 2019
If i had trusted my gut I would’ve never been there management is very unprofessional beginning with cooperate management lied to terminate my position bc she was upset I didn’t sign a disciplinary note I didn’t agree to my name and character was slandered I am seeking legal advisory against them
Dont do it
CNA (Former Employee) –  Spring Hill, TNJanuary 9, 2019
The people are NOT willing to help you at all. We were ALWAYS short and could never keep anyone because it’s too much and too stressful. Once I had 45 BY MYSELF because someone decided not to come in. Some nurses helped and was great. Some were not! The patients are good and some have pets so just ask. It was a sinking ship going down FAST and i wasn’t gonna be a part of it
Pros
Free meals
Cons
Management doesn’t know what they’re doing, some RAs/CNAs don’t want to do anything, some people are just mean, working 8hour shifts 9-12 days in a row
Run before you are destroyed.
Resident Assistant (Former Employee) –  Greenville, TNDecember 18, 2018
Horrible place with corrupt management that seek revenge if you tell the truth and will set you up with the help of their pets. The Ed even put a fake review on here to boost their stars. Just safe yourself and find a better place to work.
Pros
Helping the residents
Emotionally atteched.
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Richmond, KYDecember 3, 2018
Great place to work and really makes you open up as a person. Never expect anyone to live forever. Do the best you can do to keep everyone happy and smiling.
Love the job
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Tullahoma, TNNovember 20, 2018
Morning Pointe is where I started my journey in the health care profession and where I discovered my profound love for people suffering from Dementia. Without this place, I’d still be lost. The environment is wonderful, the management is great and I love going to work every single day.
Pros
Free meal, great benefits, 2 paid breaks and a 30 min lunch
Cons
Pay isn’t wonderful, but that’s everywhere.
December 15, 2018

Thank you for sharing your work experience at Morning Pointe of Tuscaloosa. You ARE part of the Morning Pointe family. We appreciate your passion and willingness to make a difference in the lives of our seniors.

That place is a joke
Resident Assistant (Former Employee) –  Powell, TNOctober 30, 2018
They say it's a none lifting facility ya wte that's a lie and a joke they have such a big turnover..you are doing ur job plus dietary which is bullcrap that's why I quit I'm not going to work my butt off with low pay
Not a great place to work
Resident Assistant (Former Employee) –  Tuscaloosa, ALOctober 26, 2018
This company is suppose to be assisting living but it’s more of a nursing home. Everyone in management is unprofessional, unfair, and disrespectful. The pay is a disgrace. Resident Assistants does everyone’s job to make other’s jobs easier. The benefits are garbage. You only get 7.5 hours of work each day and not 8 full hours. You need extremely tough skin to work there. There is no way to advance within the company.
Cons
Salary, workload, and management
December 15, 2018

We are sorry to hear that your work experience was not what you had hoped for at Morning Pointe of Tuscaloosa. We strive to create a positive work environment and culture with an opportunity to follow your passion to serve and grow a career in senior living. We are always open to learning and growing as a company and appreciate your suggestions.

Great activities for the residents to do and staff could help with the activity
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Hixson, TNOctober 11, 2018
I loved my resident like family. At the hixson mp I was told by management you can’t be “buddy buddy” with the residents. I would like to sit and talk to my residents but I couldn’t Bc I didn’t want to get in trouble. The DON is rude and lack communication skills, the ED and activity director are both awesome. I cut my finger in the kitchen while helping out, the ED in training asked “what happened” and the other director said “you see nothing you hear nothing” so that I wouldn’t file a report. I had to wait to go to the ER after work. They leave people to work by themselves, never offer to help. No compassion from the directors.
Pros
Relationship with residents
Cons
Everything else
December 15, 2018

At Morning Pointe Senior Living we do pride ourselves on being a lot like a family. Connections with our seniors can be so important. I am sorry to hear your work experience was not what you had hoped for. And, safety always comes first. We wish you the best of luck in your continued job growth. We appreciate your suggestions as we build a positive culture and work environment for those with a passion to serve in the senior living industry.

Absolutely Loved working with and getting to know all the Residents! The Management, however was horrible!
Licensed Practical Nurse (Former Employee) –  Lexington, KYOctober 6, 2018
I can’t say enough good things about my time spent as a LPN caring for the Residents at MP! It was a wonderful experience interacting and getting to know each and every one of them! Working for and under the Executive Director and DON, however was awful to say the least! There lack of compassionate for the Residents and lack of concern for the staff was overwhelming! To them it is all about the money, not focuses at all on what really matters the most, what Morning Pointe’s solely purpose is supposed to be centered around- The Residents!
Pros
Paid Holidays, being a part of the many family/resident events held at MP, free meal
Cons
Dealing with the horrible management staff
December 15, 2018

The work environment can sometimes be challenging. We are sorry to hear that your experience at Morning Pointe of Lexington was not what you had hoped for. Our residents always come first and of course we couldn't do what we do without our dedicated, talented and passionate staff at all levels. We wish you the best of luck in your career and we thank you for your suggestions as we are always working to improve our culture and work experience.

You have to have the heart to do this
Resident Assistant (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNOctober 3, 2018
I loved loved loved the residents but this job was absolutely HORRIBLE!!! They tell you that you are there to offer ASSISTANCE... No it is FULL TOTAL care for very MINIMUM wages like 45-50 residents and you are only making a dollar above minimum wages which is NOT worth it 5 Days a week
Pros
you can eat
Cons
short breaks short staffed low pay
Great team to be part of
Director of Nursing (Current Employee) –  Brentwood, TNSeptember 26, 2018
Awesome company to work with and for. The residents we care for are respectful and appreciative of the associates. Morning pointe has excellent benefits and care about there associates.
Pros and Cons
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lenoir City, TNSeptember 6, 2018
I really enjoyed working here. The residents were great and made me love my job. I learned a lot while I was there. Management is wonderful and could go and talk to them anytime if there was a problem.
Cons- Other employees didn't seem to have hard work ethics, so it made the job harder when trying to complete other employees responsibilities.
Pros
loved the residents
Cons
other employees
December 15, 2018

Thank you for your comments. We are sorry to hear that your work experience was not what you had hoped for at Morning Pointe of Lenoir City. It does take a team. We wish you the best of luck and hope that you will continue in senior living.

getting worse
Licensed Practical Nurse (Current Employee) –  Greeneville, TNAugust 14, 2018
Management is horrible. Never worked in medical field. has no clue about long term care. The residents are just money, they accept residents that should not be at this facility. Patient care suffers because of managements laziness and incompetence.
Amazing job
Caregiver/RA (Current Employee) –  Lenoir City, TNAugust 12, 2018
I loved my job at morning pointe. It's a great job to have if you are wanting something in the medical field. It gets you a glimpse at what that field setting can be like.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Morning Pointe Senior Living. Our community is ready to answer.