Morningstar Properties Employee Reviews

Do Not Work For Them They Will Work You To Death
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Alabaster, ALOctober 9, 2018
Very little pay. You will work over 50hrs per week. Upper management greedy. Manager at this location in Alabaster is very mean and rude. I do not recommend this job to ANYONE you will work EVERY SATURDAY AND SUNDAY. Perfect for someone with NO FAMILY life.
Pros
Work by yourself
Cons
Saturdays and Sundays Little pay
Excellent
Area Manager (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXNovember 3, 2013
Morningstar Properties was an amazing place to work. Wonderful people and culture. Unfortunately, we were bought out by a major industry leader.
A rollercoaster of a company lead by great people
Property Manager (Former Employee) –  Beaufort, SCOctober 14, 2013
Morningstar Properties can be a nice company to work for but not a great company to plan your career around. They have a history of using investors to fund massive growth and selling off the acquired properties once their market values have risen. This pattern yields an unstable portfolio, higher job risk, and can put your personal financial future in question if you choose to work for this company.

As for the job itself, it's great. You are always dealing with unique people with a variety of needs. You are given plenty of independence in the workplace but enough guidance to become successful. Morningstar's property managers have amazing responsibility compared to industry standards and they are paid very well because of this fact.
Pros
pay, responsability, and autonomy
Cons
unstable growth strategy
Great Family Owned Businees, Great People to work for.
LivePerson Manager/Marketing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Matthews, NCSeptember 14, 2013
My typical workday includes chatting with customers on our website to provide information for new customers as well as existing customers, for 65 properties by providing real-time connections to online customers, scheduling reservations, conducting customer follow-up and providing reporting to corporate office. I provide online marketing support by updating website content, working with vendors to update third party websites, performing routine postings to online advertisement websites, and managing electronic communications to more than 18,000 customers via Constant Contact. I have learned to work an office setting as well in a corporate office after being self-employed for over 20 years. My Management team and co-workers are great to work with. The hardest part of my job is having an auction. We work with people as much as we can to prevent them from loosing their items in storage. It's very hard to see things like this happen to good people. The most enjoyable is to help people in need of storage that have no idea even were to start.