MorningStar Senior Living logo

• Trust in colleagues
  • Support from manager
  • Inclusive work environment

Love the direct Care Staff and the Residents

Morningstar only cares about their profits and not whether the Residents can be taken care of. The "Care Staff" give their heart and soul to the residents and are the best in the industry. Unfortunately, the "home office" does not do the same. The founder of Morningstar is so far removed from the Company that he created and should be ashamed of what it has become.

Pros

The hands on Care Staff and the Residents

Cons

The "Home office"

Do not work here.

Terrible place to work. Low pay for salaried employees who were expected to work ridiculously long hours. One building disaster after another due to a bad contractor and even worse management company. Absolutely no support from corporate office. I think the founder had good intentions to start but lost his way due to greed and nepotism. The company needs to be shut down.

Pros

Official response from MorningStar Senior Living

September 8, 2020
We regret that this is your opinion of our Santa Fe community and the MorningStar brand. Many team members, after years of service, will testify to the sincerity with which we advance our mission, exhibit our core values, and serve with integrity. MorningStar’s foundational belief to “Honor God in our business practices and relationships” gives us every motivation to impact the world for good. While our full services to seniors require staffing 365 days a year, we are pleased to offer competitive wages and make accommodation for work/life balance with flexible schedules. Our Executive Director has a superb reputation for kind, intelligent and level-headed leadership; our entire management team feel fully supported by the Home Office. We wish you the best and hope you find a workplace that aligns with your personal values.

Little support from corporate team in Colorado.

Very little training and support. This place is all for profit ... at the end of the day, its about the profit margin- no matter how hard the employees tried to make the current residents happy. Several questions went unanswered and when asked about processes... most answere would start of with- "we trained you on this in your 2 day training you attended." Horrible management team in colorado.

Really enjoy the company culture and work environment

I've worked for a few senior living companies and none are perfect. I feel Morningstar has the compassion and dedication that is needed to be successful and I am glad I am a part of it.

Cons

Could have better benefits

Job seekers rely on your experience.

Jobs at MorningStar Senior Living