MorningStar Senior Living logo
MorningStar Senior Living
Happiness rating is 61 out of 100Average

MorningStar Senior Living Employee Reviews

Fun

Really good place to work, my manager is the best and very supportive, they give you lunch too. You get to do activities and everyone is really sweet.

July 6, 2021
As we say in Radiance training, every team member is a valued individual who is instrumental in service excellence to our residents. Thank you warmly for all you do to make us better every day.

Management turnover rates are high!

Morningstar at Mountain Shadows used to be a great place to work. I had great co-workers who understood what team work meant. I have been with the company for over 4 years, and it just deteriorated over the years from management to coworkers and pay. I went through at least 5 different Executive Directors, at least 7-8 cooks either fired or quit, 4 Wellness Directors, 4 Marketing Directors, and luckily only 2 RCC I had the pleasure to work with. This is all in a span of several months to all my 4 years here. And of course when Covid hit, the work and being short-staff even more, it became dangerous as there are multiple times when you have terrible co-workers who do no-call no-show. It leaves just you and one other coworker. They would have one QMAP pass meds for the ENTIRE building, in addition to providing care. It got to the point my job was no longer enjoyable. I took this job over a high paying one, and I definitely regret coming back. I came back for the wonderful residents who deserved better. I finally left the company, and it has been the best decision ever.

Pros

Free meals, paid birthday

Cons

LOW pay, lack of staffing, favoritism, high turnover, people constantly calling off

January 18, 2021
It’s painful to read your assessment and we apologize for the distress you are feeling. Welcome as honest feedback is, we want to address several statements you made. Our team has seen changes in its composition as finding those who align with our core values and standards of excellence can be challenging. Yes, COVID impacted us, as it did the entire nation. The Department of Health applauded our layered defenses against the virus and attested to our ample staff ratios despite strains on the labor market. Mountain Shadows scored above the company average in a recent Pulse Check on team satisfaction. Thank you for four years of loyal service to our seniors. All the best in your career.

Pay is low for the demand of work

Overall unorganized and many health code violations. Residents are not treated as well as they should be with how much they pay to live there. Hypocritical on their Christian morals. Benefits are good but pay is terrible.

Benefits

Cons

Lack of respect, terrible pay, terrible management, lack of sanitary work space

January 15, 2021
We apologize for the poor impression left after your brief employment. None of the situations you describe would be tolerated as they are in direct opposition to our mission and in violation of the regulations under which we are licensed. At MorningStar, we take pride in creating a workplace where excellence can flourish and our mission can advance. Our success in living out our core values is confirmed through the praise of residents and families. It is regrettable to think we failed to demonstrate that to you. Wishing you the best in future career choices.

Toxic

Management will talk about you. If you’re not their favorite they’ll definitely make that known. It’s like a high school environment there. They will pick and choose which employee gossips the most then they’ll be their favorite. But when an employee goes above and beyond... they become a slave.

Pros

Cons

Management and employees

I enjoy where i work, My manager does what he can to work with each person..

I do not feel like we get the pay we should especially during COVID-19. We only get paid if we have positive residents, and only if they are not in the hospital.. I feel we should be getting paid the COVID-19 extra pay for continuing to work during COVID-19..

December 30, 2020
Thank you for the 4-star review and your commendation of our community. We regret reading of your dissatisfaction with our COVID Impact Pay. Its pay structure is that which virtually all care communities have adopted in the year of the pandemic. Thank you for choosing a career in healthcare which presents manifold rewards that outweigh any perceived risks in service to others.

Leave a review. Help people like you.

Blessed to Work with An Amazing Team :)

Very blessed to be part of this community ! This place showed me how to serve it up and be Radiance . With this pandemic thats happening i just want to say a huge shout out to our Lead, med, Care Managers for all you do all your hard work does not go unnotice. Most of all thank you to our ED for guiding us and growing us as a team !

Pros

awesome Food, Best chai tea, Great insurance, Amazing Atmosphere

December 7, 2020
It’s a great day at MorningStar when we can live up to our cultural aspirations, made possible only by radiant spirits like yours!

Team work and feeling appreciated.

I have enjoyed working for MorningStar Senior Living Idaho Falls for over four years now. Caring for our sweet residents has been beyond rewarding. I’m very blessed to say we have a great team all the way around. Feels like a home where anyone can find great comfort, love and compassion in. Five stars!

Pros

Compassion, love, understanding, team building

November 9, 2020
It’s a great day at MorningStar when we can live up to our cultural aspirations, made possible only by radiant spirits like yours. You are deeply appreciated for your contributions to the story we are telling.

Staff management awesome

ManagementIn general, managers at MorningStar Senior Living are caring ,thoughtful residence love management. As far as work it can get hectic but thats any job. All and all its really nice place to workCultureCollaboration with my colleagues at MorningStar Senior Living is easy staff friendly and work togetherOverallMy experience working at MorningStar Senior Living excellent working experience

October 30, 2020

Morningstar has felt like a home

I enjoy my time working at Morningstar. I like the flexibility it has given me to spend time at home with family and at work with residents. I’ve been working there since 2014. I’ve been able to enrich the lives of my residents but being allowed to express my artistic abilities in the workfield, for example, playing the piano, making smoothies, singing, and painting with residents.

Pros

Free meal

Cons

Pay

October 19, 2020
Thank you for your role in advancing the principles of Radiance at MorningStar. You are deeply appreciated for your contributions to the story we are telling.

Great Residents, horrible staff

The only good thing about this job was the residents. The management was an absolute nightmare and there was always a lot of drama among the staff. Management had no care about anything to do with your outside life and pretty much expects you to be there 24/7.

Pros

Resident bonding, good pay

Cons

Extremely overwork, understaffed, management

October 5, 2020
It saddens us to read of your assessment, but we thank you for the candor that emphasizes the importance of listening and responding to each other’s perspective. Much has changed since you left. We have new servant-leaders across all departments who exhibit the core values of MorningStar. We have also installed a job coach to support the team and onboard newcomers. With these healthy changes and deepening relationships, we are excited at the prospect of success for front line team members as they work together in a collaborative culture. We wish you all the best in your career in service to seniors.

Jobs at MorningStar Senior Living

See more jobs

Not a place I would recommend

Management will not help with anything ,when you need to speak to them they will ignore you or fire you if you create any waves of any kind ,they prefer to chastise employees rather than help them ,no opportunity for advancement,or pay increase,,will work you till you drop ,with no consideration for off work time or outside family ,

Pros

Good employees that are friendly

Cons

Management, corporate

October 15, 2020
It saddens us to read your assessment. We have strong and impassioned servant-leaders across all departments. Home office support has been extensive in a further show of commitment to fostering the core values of MorningStar: love, respect, honesty, fairness, kindness, goodness. We wish you the best in your career pursuits.

Not a great place!

I recently worked here and I had been working at this community for a while. I gave it my all And know I did a good job. New people get hired and start making more money than many of us who have been there for a while. This has happened at this community multiple times and management doesn’t do anything about it. They don’t care about our frustration with this situation. I don’t feel like they listen to the employees.

Pros

Residents

September 28, 2020
We are sorry to read that your employment at MorningStar was anything less than satisfying given the sacred trust that is senior care. Wages at MorningStar are fairly based on tenure, degree of experience and type of education/certifications, a compensation metric true of our industry generally. As you know from direct conversations, we are always working to provide the most competitive wages across all roles in each of our MorningStar homes. The timing of increases are contingent on many factors. We wish you only the best going forward; thank you for your service to our beloved residents.

Just go somewhere else

The Boulder location was the worst experience I’ve had working with elderly. Management doesn’t communicate but they have their favorites. Standards are low and stress was very high. I felt sad for residents who live there. Different managers all the time. Didn’t make me feel good. Other places are better.

Pros

Residents

September 15, 2020
It grieves us to read your assessment of our community after your brief employment. Many team members, after years of service at MorningStar, will testify to the sincerity with which we advance our mission, exhibit our core values, and serve with integrity and mutual respect. Our success in this is confirmed through the praises of residents and families. We have made several positive changes to our leadership and front line team, devoted and compassionate people who are making all the difference. We wish you the best in your career of service to others.

Pay

They don’t give you warnings they fire you on the spot . Don’t give any direction , poor training and management doesn’t know much about health care. They don’t make sure your doing online training , staff abuses the elderly . They are rough with them . Are withholding my check ; while I have responsibilities and bills to pay .

Pros

Free dinner in the dementia ward .

Cons

All of the above .

December 7, 2020
It grieves us to read your assessment after such brief employment with our company. Moreover, we are struggling to understand the basis of your review. Such allegations are in direct opposition to our policies and practices as well as being a regulated business. We conduct three days of orientation and onboarding upon hire, and monitor the supplemental training offered through our online platform. We particularly contend with the allegation of abuse. By every injunction of our mission and through the rigors of our regulated industry, we would have zero tolerance for such violation of trust. We would be happy to have a further conversation about your concerns. Please contact the Executive Director of MorningStar of Billings, Stacie Kautzman, to further discuss.

Amazing company!

This company is based on Christian values. People are kind and fun to work with. My manager is approachable and ready and willing to help me learn and succeed.

Pros

Free lunch, good pay, benefits, including health, dental, and time and 1/2 for working holidays.

September 8, 2020
As we say in Radiance training, every team member is a valued individual who is instrumental in service to our residents. Thank you warmly for all you do to make us better every day.

Money Grubbing liars

This company USE to be great. They are all about their money now. When I started with Morning Star I was sold a lie. They made it seem like I was going to be able to move up, work with a great team, and learn a lot. At first I loved it. Then COVID changed everything. The manager's running Arvada Morming Star have shown their true colors. They are horrible. All they care about is momey, money, money. The resident's are NOT being fed right here at all. The food quality is awful and to top ot of their new head chef has no clue how to cook for seniors. The food is greasy, hard bread( for people with dentures), spicey, or minimal. Salads and sandwiches for lunch EVERY DAY! These resident's are paying 8,000$ + they can afford to feed them right. Then their management comes in hollaring and snapping at people thinking we will deliver respect. In order to get respect you need to give it, even as a boss. Set examples. They drove my hiring manager off to better opportunities because they punished her and treated her differently for having a voice. Speaking up for resident's who cannot speak up themselves. Let me tell you. This place is not doing things correctly! Number one thing. Their medication carts are a mess. If state ever popped up on them for medications they would be in hot water. They don't have a good system for ordering Medications. They leave it up to their nurses( who are terrible btw) month's and month's some of these resident's have gone without some of their meds. Then if these resident's have something medically wrong with the The nurses will either wait until it becomes -

Pros

Resident's are amazing

Cons

Horrible management, lies, understaffed

Do not work here.

Terrible place to work. Low pay for salaried employees who were expected to work ridiculously long hours. One building disaster after another due to a bad contractor and even worse management company. Absolutely no support from corporate office. I think the founder had good intentions to start but lost his way due to greed and nepotism. The company needs to be shut down.

September 8, 2020
We regret that this is your opinion of our Santa Fe community and the MorningStar brand. Many team members, after years of service, will testify to the sincerity with which we advance our mission, exhibit our core values, and serve with integrity. MorningStar’s foundational belief to “Honor God in our business practices and relationships” gives us every motivation to impact the world for good. While our full services to seniors require staffing 365 days a year, we are pleased to offer competitive wages and make accommodation for work/life balance with flexible schedules. Our Executive Director has a superb reputation for kind, intelligent and level-headed leadership; our entire management team feel fully supported by the Home Office. We wish you the best and hope you find a workplace that aligns with your personal values.

A place with all the right intentions not the right leadership.

Management is a serious barrier between the care of the patients (aka “residents”) and over worked staff. Morningstar is much more concerned about their appearance than actual care and provisions of their clientele.

August 31, 2020
It saddens us to read of your assessment of our community, but we thank you for your years of service to our residents. Much has changed since you left the team. We have new strong and impassioned servant-leaders across all of our departments, regional and home office support has been extensive for the last months to exhibit our commitment to fostering the core values of MorningStar. With these healthy changes and deepening relationships, we are excited at the prospect of future success for our front line team members as they work together in a collaborative culture. We wish you all the best in your career in service to seniors.

The residents and care Managers are Awesome

The residents are so sweet and we have awesome caregivers that take care of our residents. There's no perfect community but I know the caregivers here love their residents and that's what's important.

September 8, 2020
You are deeply appreciated for your contributions to the story we are telling.

Worst work experience of my life!

I have literally nothing good to say about MorningStar and the building in Littleton! The ED is a mean terrible person with no heart and the corporate team thinks shes hung the moon. Corporate gives you zero support and expect you to perform 100% all the time. Looking back at my few months with this company, it is hands down the worse experience I have ever had in my career. They lied to me in my interview. God forbid I had to do anything for my kids I got in trouble. I have recorded conversations with the ED and corporate that would make people sick to listen to. Disgusting attitudes and talking poorly about everyone. If you want to work for a company that literally thinks you and your family should come last and cares nothing about you as a human, then work for them. I can’t say this loud enough, STAY AWAY FROM THEM if you are a descent person and want to work for a good caring compassionate company. And their religious BS they try to preach is all fake!!!!! I seriously don’t know how this company is still around.

Pros

Sweet residents

Cons

Everything else!

August 16, 2020
We regret that this is your opinion of our Littleton community, although we welcome candor in the spirit of strengthening our brand. Many Littleton team members, after years of service at MorningStar, will testify to the sincerity with which we advance our mission, exhibit our core values, and serve with integrity. MorningStar’s foundational belief to “Honor God in our business practices and relationships” gives us every motivation to impact the world for good. While our full services to seniors require staffing 365 days a year, we are pleased to make accommodation for work/life balance with flexible schedules to strike that important balance. We apologize if you felt misled in your interview about the expectations of leadership. We wish you the best and hope you find a workplace that aligns with your personal values.

I really enjoy working with seniors and doing everything I can to help them and make a difference in their lives

I Enjoy working at morningstar senior living ,I love my job. I love working with all the seniors, doing whatever I can to make a difference in their lives and to make their lives that little bit better

Pros

We have medical insurance, 401K, paid sick time, Paid PTO time, 6 paid holidays a year if you work that holiday, A good atmosphere amongst all the employees

Cons

They don't contribute to your 401K, their prescription benefits need work, You only get paid for holidays if you work them

September 8, 2020
The shape of your heart does not go unnoticed. Thank you for your contributions in elevating the lives of our seniors.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at MorningStar Senior Living. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Ratings from women

2.7
InHerSight Score
2.5Personal Development
3.8Career Opportunities
2.2Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight
Powered byInHerSight