MorningStar Senior Living

• Trust in colleagues
  • Support from manager
  • Overall satisfaction

The residents

They care about the residents, but not the staff so much. They did not follow through with my request after my surgery and the director didn't even respond to me. Talk about in the misson statement how they are to treat the employees with respect, but I feel my feelings weren't consider.

Pros

Free lunches

Cons

No help, work short all the time, dont follow through with requests.

Love Residents

It has been a rough ride through Covid but we are holding on. Our residents keep us going for sure and certain managers are very supportive and are always there to help. Many different activities are offered for residents to do like crafts, happy hour, bunco, poker, movie theater

Pros

Free lunches, gifts

Cons

Short staffed

October 1, 2021
Yes, the challenges of this pandemic have been outsized. But we dug deep, inspired by the MorningStar mission and out of deep love and devotion to our senior residents. Your contributions are deeply appreciated.

Stay away!!

The absolute worst place I’ve worked! I LOVED the residents, but management is abhorrent and deceitful with the families and residents just to get them in the door and take their money. The facility is filthy, the food is disgusting and for what these poor residents pay???!!! It is truly heartbreaking!!!!

September 15, 2021
It grieves us to read your account. The compassion we have for our residents extends naturally and needfully to our teammates as well. We demonstrated our support of you in many ways during your time here, helping you find balance between role responsibilities and obligations at home. You expressed thanks for that support to leadership on several occasions. As to your remarks about food, following the return of our Executive Chef from maternity leave, our culinary team has been retrained to the full and high standards of a MorningStar kitchen. We wish you well.

Scary start in my career

The staff on my shift are so miserable except I have met a few workers that are great to work with because they work as a team. We are short staff in pc and it’s not fair to the residents or the staff on that shift but very hard to get people in the door because the pay is little and too many residents assigned to one aid. The nurses don’t like helping the aids at all here and give the aides attitude when you ask for help or need a question answered. The hr staff, house keeping and admin staff are all great and very responsive when you have a question and need an answer but it’s sad that the house keepers take it upon themselves to help the aides because we are so short staff and the nurses refuse to help out. If the unit was staffed more and we had compassionate nurses the facility would be perfect to work at. I do come for the residents they are so understanding but they to see there is a need for more aides and most of the residents complain about how the nurses treat them, lack of respect or feel that the nurses ignore them.

Pros

Good to learn new skills if your entry level in pc or going to school to be a nurse

Cons

Short staff and little help from direct co workers, pay is low

Great work environment!

Very rewarding. I get back so much. Maybe even more than I give! We really work as a team here. The support is phenomenal! I really feel blessed to work here.

Pros

Free meals. Bonding with residents

September 13, 2021
MorningStar creates a work environment where life is enriched, stories are shared, and lives are cherished. Clearly, by your choice of words, you are helping us foster just such a healthy environment.

Your experience matters.

Help out others considering your employer. Rate your employer.

Awful place to work.

I was with this company for 3+ years. I loved my job at first this was one of the best companies I worked for. Until November 2018. I was very over worked and underpaid. Management is awful the last 3 years. Well starting November 2018 Management changed and so did the mission of this company (in this building). Very high turnover rate due to current Management. Management is worried about gossip and could care less about the residents or staff. Management is very good at covering things up. Alsothe food is awful.

Cons

Management does not care. You are only a body to fill a space

September 14, 2021
We deeply regret reading this assessment of your experience on our leadership team. MorningStar sees it as a sacred pledge to live up our mission and core values. Our Radiance training focuses on this very imperative: that selflessness and servant-leadership start with a personal decision; each team member is empowered to innovate and enhance abundant life at MorningStar (Radiance Service Value #5). Through the precepts of Radiance, we want to positively impact life for all those beneath the MorningStar roof. Our Arrowhead community is squarely on this path. All the best to you.

Run

I worked here for 3 years and at first it was a great place too work for but now they always ask if u can work extra shift the nurses are awesome and easy too talk too but the person in charge of the care staff doesn't care about you all she cares about is filling in the shifts and if u say no she is very rude they over work there staff and get them burnt out and so tired they also are full of broken promises just too keep u happy but never do what they say

Pros

Great staff

Cons

Over worked under paid and not careing

September 15, 2021
We are so sorry to read that your time on our team was not entirely a success. Our care managers are the very heartbeat of a MorningStar community. Knowing that, leaders are dedicated to investing in their success through training and support. To serve residents with all the attention they deserve is a high calling…demanding, yes (especially through the challenge of the pandemic) but the offering the greatest of rewards. We wish you all the best as you find a work environment more suitable to your needs.

Fun

Really good place to work, my manager is the best and very supportive, they give you lunch too. You get to do activities and everyone is really sweet.

July 6, 2021
As we say in Radiance training, every team member is a valued individual who is instrumental in service excellence to our residents. Thank you warmly for all you do to make us better every day.

Poor culture

Always hire poor Executive directors with no management skills. Left in 2020 due to allowing Wellness Director to sign in and chart under my account on my days off, they continued to let her work there until another staff complained about the same issue. Started back in 2020 after it was communicated the culture was different and had a great management team. Maybe other communities are different but not the one I worked at.

Pros

Free lunch, nice view

Cons

Work through breaks because if I clocked out I’d still get interrupted with work issues.

July 7, 2021
We are sorry that your experience left you with this impression. During your tenure, we made every effort to encourage and support you. All those at MorningStar, including our new Executive Director, have a tremendous opportunity to model and nurture servant-leadership within the team. By our mission and core values, we are endeavoring to shape a culture of distinction. We wish you the best in finding an ideal work family.

Great community of people and great upper management

I spent 3 years working here in college as a dishwasher and saw the company change from a nightmare to a fantastic environment to work in. 90% of that change came from the management working their butts off to ensure every employee was respected and heard.

Pros

Lunch was provided by the kitchen.

Cons

trying to move up was a struggle sometimes.

July 6, 2021
Thank you for recognizing our efforts as we continue to strive for excellence at MorningStar. Thank you also for your dedication to our beloved seniors.

Hard work for the pay and

Many of the residents should have been in a nursing home. There was a lot of heavy lifting for assisted living. It was short staffed a lot. Pay was better than some places, but you worked for it

Cons

Always short staff, residents should be in skilled nursing

June 10, 2021
We regret to read this assessment from your short tenure. It is our honor to serve seniors as they age, walking along side to affirm their significance, value and boundless wisdom. Here, in senior care, we have found work that truly matters….matters not only to the seniors and their families, but to all of us, who are enriched by befriending them. It is an even exchange of comfort and joy. We wish you well in finding a career suited for you.

Management Lacking

Between the time I interviewed to the time I was there a month, my location had three new managers. Employees taken advantage of, over-extended, not fully trained, and treated with little respect. Managers talk the talk but don’t walk the walk.

Pros

Free lunch, some nice residents, beautiful facility.

Cons

Poor training, work expectations outside of job description, high turnover, high pressure on employees.

June 7, 2021
Thank you for your feedback. It saddens us that this was your experience as we seek diligently to invest in our team’s ability to serve well. In fact, this is one of the three pillars of our mission statement. At any rate, we accept your feedback and will continue to work as hard as we can to engage, train and equip our valuable team members. We invite you to contact the Executive Director of the community where you worked or MorningStar’s HR department (303.597.0547) to offer specifics on your concerns.

No support from Upper Management

Upper Management does not care about staff, there was no support and no training and they except you to do everything perfect. They overwork the staff and don’t seem to care. They get rid of the hard workers who have shown loyalty and keep the ones that are toxic.

Pros

Free meals, nice people on the floor, Wn, and LED are great

Cons

isolation of our residents due to the pandemic, upper management

May 25, 2021
We regret to read this assessment. We have high standards for behavior and performance for our entire team and even greater expectation of leaders, who are to model the fullness of MorningStar’s culture. All this is directed toward better service to residents. We celebrate the increasing return of freedoms post-pandemic, evidenced across our daily routines. Wishing you the best in your career.

Terrible place to work

I’ve never worked at a job that over works you as hard as this one, and I’ve been in fast food so that’s saying something. They refused to hire more staff when needed, and even cut staff to save on money. Every single department runs understaffed or with the bare minimum to get by. Management is horrible, rude, and callous; and the pay is way less than nearby communities. Save your time, energy, and mental health and apply for work anywhere else

Pros

Free lunch

Cons

Always understaffed, incompetent management

August 2, 2021
We apologize for an experience that left you distressed. We are all feeling the many frustrations and out-workings of the pandemic, including its continuing impact on the labor force. However, MorningStar remains committed as ever to its mission and core values, leading with love above all things. Thank you for your valuable contributions to our team. Please call the Executive Director or your Regional HR Support to discover together an equitable arrangement.

Lack of support, nepotism galore! You have to know people to succeed

The enjoys here are amazing! Food mediocre at best. The managemwnt is so poor and unfair. It's really too bad that the upper management does not pay attention or listen to the worker bee's... In this community if you are not the bosses friend you get nowhere!

Pros

Working with seniors

Cons

Bad benefits poor management poor pay

May 24, 2021
We apologize for the poor impression left after your employment. We wish you only the best in your next career move.

Not enough respect or pay

Here at Morning Star Senior Living in Billings, Montana we as servers are not paid enough for the work we do and the amount of effort we put forth. Also the management system or people here are horrible and personally I feel as if they don't listen to us as employees here and just brush us off aside. If they want more job applicants they should up the pay as servers to at least $13-14 because we don't get paid tips.

Pros

Resident Respect

Cons

Management and Pay

Horrible worke environment. no struckture. Zero leadership

I would not reccomend this company. Stressful unhealthy work environment no support from upper management. popularity comes before skill, experience, or productivity. Management is underqualified and extremely unprofessional.

Pros

Residents are wonderful

Cons

Strssful work environment. un professional no room for growth or advancement.

May 3, 2021
Thank you for contributing to our culinary services during your employment here. We regret reading your critique as our goal is always to create a healthy workplace environment rooted in our core values. We hit that mark often, as seen in the reviews of team members across our communities. Residents at MorningStar of Idaho Falls are praising our new Executive Chef for his scratch cooking and fresh ingredients. We wish you the best in your next career endeavor.

Memory Care coworkers were great

I loved working with the memory care residents. The facility had a good crew when I worked there, everyone would help each other out, except for a few who wouldn’t. But that happens in most work places.

Pros

Good coworkers and residents

Cons

It was hard to keep kitchen staff

March 11, 2021
We appreciate your feedback! Thank you also for your dedication to our beloved seniors.

Amazing residents but poor staffing for certain shifts

I loved working with the residents but since I typically worked the night shift I had zero interaction with management and lots of times I ended up working alone while is definitely not ideal. I had almost no training and was left along for on of my first shifts and had zero response from my manager. There is a lot of drama from the staff that have been there for a while. Day shifts were always staffed but no one wanted to work at night. No shift differential anymore. Also, with almost no training if you mess something up or don’t do something right you will get in trouble and humiliated by nurse staff and other people on staff instead of being taught what to do.

Pros

Residents

Cons

Alone with a full wing of residents, little to no interaction with management

March 9, 2021
Thank you for contributing to MorningStar’s service to seniors during your time here. We are disappointed to read your critique of our training program as it directly opposes a central tenet of our mission: to invest generously in our team’s ability to serve well. Our Radiance culture is one designed to ensure that all have ample opportunity to learn and grow. For your experience, we apologize sincerely. And because of it, we will reexamine our onboarding practices at this community. All the best to you in the future.

Learning things from our elders is always a good thing

I had never considered a job in the healthcare field until my time at Morningstar Senior Living Community, what they have shown me is life changing! I have now had a dedicated interest in staying in healthcare and eventually I would like to obtain my CNA license.

Pros

Free food

Cons

It is difficult to have your shift covered, especially short notice

March 8, 2021
We want to be as much about offering excellent hospitality as health care. Thank you for helping us accomplish both.

Great place

I truly enjoyed working at this place. I made the mistake of leaving to move up. I would recommend this place to anyone that wants to learn about food and what to expect in a restaurant.

Pros

The executive chef

Cons

None!

March 8, 2021
Thank you for your time in serving our beloved seniors. We appreciate you leaving us a review.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at MorningStar Senior Living. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Ratings from women

2.7
InHerSight Score
2.5Personal Development
3.8Career Opportunities
2.2Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight
Powered byInHerSight