Morongo Band of Mission Indians Employee Reviews

Micro Management
Surveillance Investigator (Former Employee) –  Cabazon, CAJanuary 19, 2018
Like any business the pay here is dependent on the economy. Years of wage freezes forced a lot of people to quit. Micro management is a huge problem. I would never recommend anyone to apply here.
Pros
Easy work but management is horrible
Public Works (Former Employee) –  Cabazon, CANovember 6, 2017
Management is hard to work with and tribal members are just as bad if not worse. The work was not difficult but the responsibility did match the pay. I wouldn’t recommend working here to anyone.
Pros
Cons
Management, no future
Busy work environment
EMT/Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Cabazon, CAFebruary 18, 2017
Workplace culture is grimey. It's a casino it's all about money and power and so are the CEO's of the casino. The management here has extreme micro managing issues.
Pros
Benefits/cheap good food/pay
Cons
Management and security can't trust anyone.Ciggerate smoke inhalation all day.
Worst place I have ever worked in my life
Security Tribal Police management (Former Employee) –  Cabazon CaliforniaAugust 12, 2016
One of the worst jobs I have ever held in my entire life including a teenager. The tribe treats all employees like dirt so political each day you think you're going to lose your job weathet your management executive management or hourly it's not worth the stress the games the politics and the horrible work environment. Probably the most hostile work environment I have ever encountered no matter what position you have. Why do you think the turnover rate are so great at these casinos. The tribal members walk around like they are God's gift it's all about who you know who you politic up to and in the end you could lose your job no matter what if you sneeze the wrong way you're gone. I'd rather be homeless under a bridge then work for this tribe and their games ever.
Pros
Cons
Everything I have mentioned above and more that my brain blocks out
Challenging and encouraging time
Scholarship Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Banning, CAJune 30, 2016
I loved working with the Morongo Band of Mission Indian children. The ones excited about their future pursuit were determined and ready to tackle college or trade schools.
Pros
interacting with another tribe, missing my tribe in Oregon
Cons
tribal government was a challenge to interact with
Upper managment is horrible
Facilities Maintenance/Custodial Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Banning, CANovember 7, 2014
I was employed on the Morongo reservation for two years and everyday was a struggle. Upper management made it very apparent that their “power” within their positions was not to be questioned. I believe that the Tribe should reevaluate whom they have in these positions. I felt that my position as a supervisor was overstretched. I had all the responsibilities as a manager, without the title.
Pros
Good benifits
Cons
constant feeling that you could lose your job on a day to day basis
Being involved in the Law Enforcement community.
Supervisor Law Enforcement Division (Current Employee) –  Banning, CAJuly 26, 2014
A typical day of work involves responding to calls for service, supervising, sensitive calls, reviewing reports, keeping sergeants appraised of active situations and patrolling the community and businesses. I have learned the skills of community oriented policing, and also how to manage and supervise the officers under my command. The hardest part of being a police officer is working with parents of young children and witnessing the tragedies that occur within the family unit. The best part of my job is seeing that when I think that I have not made a difference I am shown that I have.
Pros
My job is never mundane and monotonous.
Cons
Being restricted to doing more in some situations.
The benefits are great.
Instructional Liaison (Former Employee) –  Banning, CAMarch 16, 2012
You can not make a long life career at this work place it is stressful. There are not many job advancement opportunities. Many people have been fired for simple things or just because you rubbed a tribal member the wrong way. If you want to last long there you must seriously kiss you know what to all the tribal members there. It is very political and it is hard to keep your job. It was a miracle I was able to last over 10 years. They are always monitoring all the employees and they love firing people. I was not fired but I watch people come and go through out the years. I have good memories because I loved my coworkers and we appreciated each other but the leaders of the employment want you to make miracles. As soon as the economy declined and they started cutting budgets it went down hill until my whole department was shut down.
benefits
Cons
many cons