Morongo Casino, Resort & Spa Employee Reviews

Productive , fun work place
Fine Dining Server/Cocktail Server (Former Employee) –  Cabazon, CASeptember 5, 2018
Morning Casino was a great place to work. Great management and staff. I received health insurance for myself and children at very low cost. I moved out of state to be with my fiance.
Pros
Free lunch, vacation pay, Christmas bonus
Cons
Uniform
Very Easy
Hostess, Cielo Steakhouse (Current Employee) –  Cabazon, CAAugust 7, 2018
-take a break at the beginning of your shift and no break until youre off.
-free food everyday.
- cielo management is very unprofessional and unorganized.
-very good money.
Excellent Employer!
Human Resources (Current Employee) –  Cabazon, CAApril 17, 2018
I have worked for Morongo Casino, Resort & Spa for over two years. In those two years I have held two different positions, in two different departments. I have had wonderful managers that have challenged me, and have encouraged me to conitnually grow and learn as a professional. I am paid well, but I also have a great benefits package, including medical, dental, vision, 401k, vacation and personal time off banks, daily free lunches, and discounts at various locations on property. MCRS hosts many fun events for its employees throughout the year, provides bonuses at Thankgiving and Christmas, and continuously recognizes hard work through the Best of the Best awards program. They also recognize loyalty through Years of Service Awards. I hope to make Morongo my home for a very long time in terms of employement.
Pros
Benefits package, free lunches, free parking, fun events, ability to promote
Fun place to work and make money
Server, The Desert Orchid Asian Fusion Cuisine (Former Employee) –  Cabazon, CAApril 3, 2018
I really enjoyed working at Morongo, but the restaurant I worked at (The Desert Orchid) was closed after a year and another restaurant was later opened in its place. (Tacos and Tequila) I transferred to the Poker Room as a Chip Runner but I did not enjoy my job and my manager made it difficult to stay.
Pros
Free lunches, paid lunches
Cons
High stress
Morongo
Count Room (Former Employee) –  Cabazon, CAMarch 29, 2018
The department i worked at was a fun and great place to work. I enjoy working with the co workers there. there's a lot that I learned from that place.
Bad hours
Cook III (Former Employee) –  Cabazon, CAMarch 23, 2018
Manager of kitchen took advantage of my flexable schedule working me 6-7 hour shifts at different times and days every week. Other than that I enjoyed the workplace
Pros
Free lunch, paid vacation
its like high school
Cashier/Hostess (Former Employee) –  Cabazon, CAFebruary 21, 2018
They acted as if I was a threat, and when I was talking to security, the women there reported me. Also they do not take kindly to working with your schedule if you have a special needs child. Both were a factor in me being fired.
Morongo Casino
EMERGENCY MEDICAL TECHNICIAN (Former Employee) –  Cabazon, CAJanuary 25, 2018
I enjoyed my time at Morongo. I liked my job and my coworkers. I was very disappointed with the lack of support from supervisors. I was also experiencing conflict between my scope of practice and the excuse of the casino being a sovereign government and not expected to follow federal employment laws or scope of practice. working as an EMT there gave me the experience to become a very strong EMT since you are the only medical professional on site. I would definitely go back to work there if I didn't have soo much bureaucratic tape!
Morongo Casino
Assistant Director of Casino Operations (Former Employee) –  Cabazon, CAAugust 9, 2017
It is a very challenging environment at Morongo Casino. The employees and the team members are great. The lack of consistency at the Executive Level position is something that is challenging. Overall great place to work.
Pros
Team members
Cons
Inconsistent Executive Leadership
Management is selfish and greedy
Steward (Current Employee) –  Cabazon, CAJuly 7, 2017
The executive chef has made racial slurs and cuts employee hours to fatten his yearly bonus. Also has gotten rid of equipment and cleaning chemicals for the same reason.
Pros
Insurance benefits are good
Cons
Management is selfish and greedy
Fully of negativity and favoritism.
Cash Operation Cage/Credit Manager (Former Employee) –  Cabazon, CAJune 6, 2017
Company keeps staffing lower then what's need to meet business needs. Advasment is based on favoritism not work ethic and skills. Little to no support or communication from upper managemet. Work motto is just do it or we will replace you.
Pros
Bennifits
Cons
Long hours, no support, pay is below industry standards
good money
Bartender/Server (Former Employee) –  Cabazon, CAMay 12, 2017
hard to maintain your job here whether you do an outstanding job or not. seven individuals that worked in my department quit within a six month time period some being employed for a good amount of years before quitting just because they couldn't take it anymore.. making it clear that human resources nor the company doesn't really care about the importance of their employees and the turnover in people doesn't matter to them either. management was the worst I've ever experienced in the six years that I've been in the hospitality industry. no manners or professionalism was shown and no amount of money is worth being belittled every day.
Pros
good money
Cons
mentioned above
Not what it used to be
Manager (Former Employee) –  Cash OperationsApril 11, 2017
The environment has changed there. They care less about employees and more about how much money they can make. The higher up you go the easier it is for you to lose your job.
They do not communicate good or bad, they do not train, they lie to keep themselves from being in trouble. The Cash operations department is falling apart from allowing 1 person to dictate their likes and dislikes of employees. If you become a target there is no escaping it. You can do your job and still be targeted. There is no team allowed in that department, if you became a team with your coworkers then you are said to show favoritism.
Pros
Great benefits, 401K, free lunch.
Cons
Staffing, training, lack of communication, segregation, too many people out for themselves.
Fun place to work
Entertainment Technician (Former Employee) –  Cabazon, CAApril 6, 2017
Working at morongo was a fun time, Job security is not always present, There have been many mass firings in the past and they are known to close down problematic parts of the casino such as the Night club.
Great Company/a lot of growth potential / 4 Diamond Resort / GoodBenefits/ Company is increasing revenue and upgrading image on a consistent basis.
Hotel Manager (Former Employee) –  Cabazon, CAFebruary 22, 2017
Morongo is a fair company with good employee guidelines. Good benefits and a lot of opportunity for advancement. You must be willing to work weekends and holidays. Must have good hospitality skills. AAA 4 diamond operation with good pay and company image.
Pros
great pay/benefits/free lunch/good employee guidelines/ policy & procedures.
Cons
Not close to big city / smoke environment / must work holidays
It's a great job
Steward (Current Employee) –  Banning, CADecember 29, 2016
Morongo is a good place to start off at and you work your way up at Morongo. Yu have to be full time to get the full benefits but part time get good hours
Pros
Free one meal
Cons
Gotta be full time to get good benefits
Pyramid
food runner and assistant server (Former Employee) –  Cabazon, CAAugust 29, 2016
The chain of command at mcrs is like a pyramid. The higher up you go, the less people know about what is going on. The minimum wage employees seem to know everything about everything, while management positions know little to nothing about their jobs. This is because the management gets transfered every so often to a new department, which leaves them clueless to what their job means and who they are currently "in charge" of.
Pros
Amazing staff members
Cons
Non flexible schedule no job security
AVID Tutor is a perfect opportunity for educating the future generations
Receptionist / Spa Attendant / Lifeguard (Former Employee) –  Cabazon, CAJuly 1, 2016
Children are great and very open to learning. In my opinion, i enjoyed teaching my knowledge of the mathematics and science degree.
One of the worst places I have ever worked in my life
Security Management (Former Employee) –  Cabazon CaliforniaJune 28, 2016
The tribe treatso non Indians like a piece of trash they look down at you there's constant threats of you losing your job because" this one's tribal or that'one is tribal total nonsence. Sol very very political no matter what job you have. Management walks around in fear of losing their jobs if they make the right decision and if they do make it the wrong decision they will be terminated you can be terminated at any moment reverse discrimination big time they're a Sovereign Nation they can get away with anything they want .
Pleaae don't waste your time stress or energy to work for these people why do you think the turnover rate is so high they must go through a general manager every six months . Morongo is probably the worst of all casinos to work for. I rather work at In-N-Out Burger. To me it was one of the most stressful political discriminatory places I have ever worked in my entire life I never step foot back in or near Seminole drive again then I left. By the way I am not a disgruntled employee I'm just telling you the way it is the truth hurts.
Pros
Salary
Cons
Work environment, toxic work environment, outright discrimination comma hostile work environment
good company
Reservations and Guest Service Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Cabazon, CAJune 24, 2016
if you are a part time employee it is a good job to work for, 3 days out of your life to work. Great benefits for part time people. Work with alot of people spending alot of money. However particular departments management is poor is certain areas.
Pros
benefits, employee perks, and events
Cons
management and consistent scheduling