Morris & Dickson

Areas for improvement
  • Energizing work tasks
  • Support from manager
  • Overall satisfaction

Decent pay, overtime is available, but management needs improvement.

Morris and Dickson offers medical, dental and 401K benefits, competitive pay and overtime hours available at your leisure. The work itself is simple and easy too get a handle of, however the company does not hire replacements for employees who leave the company, leaving the work that two or more people did up too some times only one person for days at a time.

Relaxed environment with Good people

Morris and Dickson gave me an opportunity to work in a relaxed environment with great people with communication skills. Day by day we had sufficient workloads which we worked together to reach our objectives. It was a team environment where we worked together each day at our best to make sure every order got to its destination.

Pros

Paid lunches laid back environment

Cons

Long hours no set time to leave

Temp job

I started working for Morris and Dickson as a temp because I wanted to join the military, and they allowed me to work there for about 5 months. The interview went really well, and the interviewer was very nice and polite. I worked their evening shift at the warehouse and was placed in the refrigeration area; this was where they stored all pharmaceuticals that needed to be cooled prior to shipping. We scanned the drugs, stored them in the cooler, and then pulled the ones needed for orders, packed them with ice in boxes, and out they went for shipping. It was a very professional operation.

Enjoyed the staff but not the leadership

The staff was great to work with. They were very dedicated to customer service and were extremely helpful and dependable, but the leadership is something to be desired. There is not a consistency with project direction. Once the task have been completed there isn't any recognition.

Pros

Staff

Cons

Leadership

Decent if you dont mind 2nd or 3rd Shifts

A bit repetitive but you get in -get it done and leave. You will learn a good bit about warehouse distribution and how to perform those operations. Management is pretty decent. The workplace culture is likeable enough but very repetitive. The hardest part is getting used to the shift hours -some can do it & some move on. The best part is the fairly relaxed atmosphere -the starting pay -benefits & the vacation time.

Pros

Paid 30min. lunch -break room snacks

Cons

Short 15min. breaks -not frequent

Warehouse Near Astroworld Location

My job was running the Robot Packager. The disregard for worker safety was incredible! The machine is very loud! I had to bring in my own Shooting Ear Protectors to help prevent damage from the air gun on the robot. I worked alone on the robot, but the manager and workers went out of their way to slow productivity.

Pros

I worked independently

Cons

Staff & Management

Good Place to work.

Overall good place to work. Great employees make the time go faster. The work is not boring and manage does a good job. Stress free environment most days.

Totally Awesome...Totally missing it...

There's always tons of work to do, except sometimes during the summer. Everything is fairly easy to handle. I worked nearly all over the warehouse. Everything is under 100 pounds and therefore easy to handle. Quite safe and clean environment. Sometimes there are characters working there. But hey...aren't they found everywhere. I love this work place. I really miss the work and the people...even the characters. I burned out one winter and left in a really awful mood...probably should have better balanced home life and work. I deeply regret what I did and will forever after.

Pros

You'll love it all if you love to work and care about people.

Cons

Staying indoors for long hours drives me buggy.

Laid back

Typical day would be on the phone or some sort of spreadsheet. Management was ok. I loved my coworkers.

Good place to work would have liked to be apart of its future.

a typical day would consist of repairing and updating software for new functions. I learned a lot about C#.net Web Development. The hardest part is not having human interaction in a closed office and just Programming in C#. I tend to love the Trouble shooting when coming up with new projects.

Pros

Easy deadlines, Good hours, ability to use my trouble shooting experance

Cons

Closed of filling, I miss the Automation and management

Very busy workplace

Busy, Busy, Busy! Morris & Dickson was a very busy place where we had to work as a team to make sure that our duties were performed to perfection. I learned team work was the key to get through our busy day. The hardest part about this job was standing long periods of time on concrete with no types of mats and handling heavy items.

Pros

long lunch breaks, weekends and holidays off, great pay and pay raises, good benefits

Cons

standing long periods of time, handling heavy equipment

lots of travel

Nice place to work if you are single and like to travel. Learned alot about networking small business. This is a great place to work for recent college grads.

good

Cons

never home

Common questions about Morris & Dickson

Answered by current and former employees at Morris & Dickson

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Morris & Dickson. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.5 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Morris & Dickson Reviews by Location

Learn about Morris & Dickson in popular locations

• Morris & Dickson
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?