Morris Furniture Co., Inc. Employee Reviews

Turnover central
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHAugust 30, 2018
The company has went from bad to one of the worst in the industry in turnover. It's a militant like culture from the VP. It's his way or the highway. Constructive feedback not welcome. There are some fine people at corporate especially payroll but not many left. The GM turnover rate is over 75% now in a 1 year period! Stay away!
Pros
Cons
High turnover and poor upper management
Helper
Helper (Former Employee) –  Fairborn, OHApril 10, 2018
management sucks just a bunch of liers to get you in. You are over worked The routes always crazy because they want to push out as much as possible. They dont care about they're employees and dont realize that the delivery teams are the most important people there. They have they favorites and if its not you than the delivery manager will do anything to get you to quit so they dont have to pay you unemployment. They treat you like a number and since they money hungry they push out so much stuff to where you work 10hrs plus most days. In bad weather they still want you to try to deliver while making you work 6 days a week if you call off you will get fired. They have a 3 strike rule that was brought in by the delivery manager who hasnt been there that long but dont mean nothing because you dont need 3 strikes to get fired, oh and they dont come off when u get them not 30 days later not 90 days later not a year they do not come off..YOU DO NOT WANT TO WORK HERE
Pros
Great pay and great people who work in delivery helpers/drivers
Cons
Overworked, management sucks and lie, treated like a number
Poor management with lack of qualifications
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHApril 3, 2018
Management is not forced to work hours that they are paid for (salary), lack of leadership or effective leadership. Very catty environment with little to no job security or value for you as an employee. Everyone’s favorite line at this company is “they won’t be here long” which says A LOT about them as an employer as a whole. Constant issues with quality of product, lack of accountability within the company, unfortunately these are all built in to what the company was built on and upper management so I doubt you would ever see anything else.
Pros
A paycheck
Cons
Weekends, hostile work environment, turn over rate is extremely high, poor leadership
Enjoy Working Here
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHMarch 27, 2018
I enjoy working here for several reasons:
1. My co workers
2. My Managers
3. Great compensation (about 55k)
4. Work life balance is promoted for staff members
5. Room for growth
Pros
Great pay, great store, great product
Cons
commission can be stressful
Great Place to Be!
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHMarch 26, 2018
I enjoyed working here because there were so many nice people that I worked with!
I looked forward to working every day and I earned a lot of money. This was the best retail paying position I have ever had. I had to go back to school, or I would still be working there! If you enjoy working with the public, have a great attitude, you will like this company very much!
Pros
Great people, management, money
Cons
weekends, evenings
Awesome Job!
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHMarch 26, 2018
When my mother took ill my manager was completely understanding and allowed me to take time off to tend to her. I am completely grateful about how kind and gracious the management team was during that stressful time. This company does care about its employees very much!
Pros
Great management, work life balance, friends
Cons
weekends and evenings
The best sales position I have ever had!
Sales AssociateSales associate (Current Employee) –  Columbus OhioMarch 25, 2018
This is the best sales position I have ever had and I earn the most money I’ve ever heard in my career!
I would highly recommend anyone to work here if he enjoyed sales and working with customers. The furniture is great and the pay is even better!
Pros
Excellent pay, vacation, great working environment, great management
Cons
Retail hours
Awesome Sales Culture!
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHMarch 25, 2018
This company is great to work for! I am always learning something new and management cares about my success.
I highly recommend working for this company, as it pays extremely well and provides an excellent working environment!
Pros
Great pay, management, co workers, fun!
Cons
Weekends and evenings
Fantastic place to work
Director of Sales (Current Employee) –  FAIRBORNMarch 24, 2018
Fantastic place to work
I have been employed at Morris for almost 2 years now. I have seen incredible innovations in training and compensation. The company truly does care fori it’s employees, which is evident by the surveys that are given to employees in an attempt to create a better culture for everyone.
I enjoy this job very much and intend to stay for a very long time! It pays the best in the industry i and provides plenty of opportunity for advancement.
Pros
Great leadership great environment
Not worth your efforts.
Furniture Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Polaris, ohioJanuary 6, 2018
Corporate is badly run and it trickles down. It’s hard to keep customers happy when you can’t give straight answers. It’s a fraud of a company. This is a sell by saying anything you can to get customers to buy. Training at this company is horrible, typically run by people who don’t know the job.
Steer clear, this place sucks
Pros
Some nice people
Cons
hard to make commissions without lying or fooling customers.

Want to know more about Morris Furniture Co., Inc.?

Ask a question
Horrible
Visual Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHDecember 30, 2017
I have never hated working for a company more this place does not value employees and underpays. The owner is a joke and is slowly ruining the company
Pros
Flexible schedule, good hours
Cons
Management is awful, the company is ridiculous, no opportunity to grow, over worked and underpaid
lied about the hours worked-lied about the training.
mover (Former Employee) –  Fairborn, OHSeptember 30, 2017
I was told i would get off work around 3:30 pm-4:00 pm. I got off after 7:00 everyday. I was told that i would ride with two veterans of the job for a few weeks to learn the job. That circumstance happened 2 days. It became very obvious the boss did not mind lying to me. He might even enjoyed it. Moving teams can see what there are going to move a day in advance. So if it was a hard day they would call off screwing the new people out of their training. Attendance is horrible for that reason.
Pros
some coworkers were good and proffesional.
Cons
Management, training and hours.
fairly new to company but excited to be here
GM (Current Employee) –  Dayton, OHJuly 28, 2017
fairly new but excited good company culture. company seems to care about employees and offers opps. for excellent earnings. i would recommend to both family and friends
Productive and fun workplace
Front Desk Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Florence, KYApril 11, 2017
Great company. Basic office duties including phone orders, running daily reports and filing. Friendly staff. Training including printout reference binder.
morris
Recieving Manager (Former Employee) –  Fairborn, OHApril 5, 2017
Worked hard, always on time, stayed late, learned everything i could. Promised job promotion and pay increase. Received job but no wage increase. worked more positions and hours but without compensation per hour that i was promised
Pros
nice hours, fun work enviorment
Cons
very few benefits, management lies
didn't treat employees very well
Warehouse (Former Employee) –  Fairborn, OHMarch 31, 2017
rewrapping returned furniture moving furniture to proper locations started returns move to swat after a couple of months returned furniture would be placed on pallets
Pros
healthcare
Cons
short breaks
Don't waste your time
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Florence, KYJanuary 24, 2017
If you just want to be a number, not appreciated, worked like a dog this is the place for you. Customer service is horrible so plan on losing your sales. They can't keep managers. Every year the commission rate changes and keeps getting worse and worse. They have a very high turnover. When they do get good employees they don't appreciate them and take advantage of them.
Lots of disgruntled employees here! Don't waste your time!
Cons
Constant change no stability
Terrible
Guest Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Fairborn, OHNovember 5, 2016
Communication in the guest services is terrible. They switch everything without telling anybody. Training doesn't exist you get thrown to the wolves. I stayed thinking it'll get better only to get worse. Don't waste your time applying.
Pros
Cons
Connunication, training, leadership, no follow threw, playing favorites
Awesome Work Envioronment
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHOctober 14, 2016
The product is beautiful and the employees are very nice. Great place to work!
I received great training and it continues throughout my tenure. I feel appreciated and the leadership is great.
Pros
great people, hours, pay
Cons
weekends
Great place to work if you have ambition
Furniture Specialist (Current Employee) –  Wilmington pikeOctober 12, 2016
I have worked at this company for 7 months now, and it has been a great experience. Everybody that I have met from the president down to my coworkers on the sales floor have been incredible. There is ample training, and opportunities to make this a viable place for long term employment. I plan on continuing to learn and grow with the company.
Pros
ample opportunity to make great money
Cons
weekend work

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Morris Furniture Co., Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

Morris Furniture Co., Inc. Reviews by Location