Morris Furniture Co., Inc. Employee Reviews

Horrible
Delivery (Current Employee) –  FairbornNovember 14, 2018
Been there for almost two years. Management is the worst. You will not make the “47k-70k” they tell you. Barely made 30 last year. They lie to cover their butt. They will take you’re money. Zero home life.
Needs improvement
Showroom Manager (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHOctober 16, 2018
Most people were great to work with except a few sharks. They need to scale back on the hours required by the sales staff and sales would actually improve.
Constant Change
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHOctober 11, 2018
Company can't make up it's mind how it wants to go about it's business. This leads to constant changes in the company, oftentimes major. It also means that there is never ending turnover on upper management and corporate levels. Stability is not a part of the corporate culture.
Delivery is terrible for poor customers
GM (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHSeptember 17, 2018
Crazy sales targets, pressure, then they fire all upper management every year. More bogus targets, rinse, repeat. Only thing worse is delivery. You will get what’s left of your furniture after it comes in from China in 16 weeks.
Pros
Descent pay
Cons
Poor leadership from owner
Turnover central
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHAugust 30, 2018
The company has went from bad to one of the worst in the industry in turnover. It's a militant like culture from the VP. It's his way or the highway. Constructive feedback not welcome. There are some fine people at corporate especially payroll but not many left. The GM turnover rate is over 75% now in a 1 year period! Stay away!
Pros
Cons
High turnover and poor upper management
Worst position I ever took
CSR (Former Employee) –  Fairborn, OHJuly 30, 2018
They never allowed you to use the PTO you had, hours were 10-6 in the middle of your day. The supervisors refused to take calls and would for a week until they were ready to call them.
Pros
gym
Cons
corp. culture
Helper
Helper (Former Employee) –  Fairborn, OHApril 10, 2018
management sucks just a bunch of liers to get you in. You are over worked The routes always crazy because they want to push out as much as possible. They dont care about they're employees and dont realize that the delivery teams are the most important people there. They have they favorites and if its not you than the delivery manager will do anything to get you to quit so they dont have to pay you unemployment. They treat you like a number and since they money hungry they push out so much stuff to where you work 10hrs plus most days. In bad weather they still want you to try to deliver while making you work 6 days a week if you call off you will get fired. They have a 3 strike rule that was brought in by the delivery manager who hasnt been there that long but dont mean nothing because you dont need 3 strikes to get fired, oh and they dont come off when u get them not 30 days later not 90 days later not a year they do not come off..YOU DO NOT WANT TO WORK HERE
Pros
Great pay and great people who work in delivery helpers/drivers
Cons
Overworked, management sucks and lie, treated like a number
Poor management with lack of qualifications
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHApril 3, 2018
Management is not forced to work hours that they are paid for (salary), lack of leadership or effective leadership. Very catty environment with little to no job security or value for you as an employee. Everyone’s favorite line at this company is “they won’t be here long” which says A LOT about them as an employer as a whole. Constant issues with quality of product, lack of accountability within the company, unfortunately these are all built in to what the company was built on and upper management so I doubt you would ever see anything else.
Pros
A paycheck
Cons
Weekends, hostile work environment, turn over rate is extremely high, poor leadership
Enjoy Working Here
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHMarch 27, 2018
I enjoy working here for several reasons:
1. My co workers
2. My Managers
3. Great compensation (about 55k)
4. Work life balance is promoted for staff members
5. Room for growth
Pros
Great pay, great store, great product
Cons
commission can be stressful
Great Place to Be!
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHMarch 26, 2018
I enjoyed working here because there were so many nice people that I worked with!
I looked forward to working every day and I earned a lot of money. This was the best retail paying position I have ever had. I had to go back to school, or I would still be working there! If you enjoy working with the public, have a great attitude, you will like this company very much!
Pros
Great people, management, money
Cons
weekends, evenings
Awesome Job!
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHMarch 26, 2018
When my mother took ill my manager was completely understanding and allowed me to take time off to tend to her. I am completely grateful about how kind and gracious the management team was during that stressful time. This company does care about its employees very much!
Pros
Great management, work life balance, friends
Cons
weekends and evenings
The best sales position I have ever had!
Sales AssociateSales associate (Current Employee) –  Columbus OhioMarch 25, 2018
This is the best sales position I have ever had and I earn the most money I’ve ever heard in my career!
I would highly recommend anyone to work here if he enjoyed sales and working with customers. The furniture is great and the pay is even better!
Pros
Excellent pay, vacation, great working environment, great management
Cons
Retail hours
Awesome Sales Culture!
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHMarch 25, 2018
This company is great to work for! I am always learning something new and management cares about my success.
I highly recommend working for this company, as it pays extremely well and provides an excellent working environment!
Pros
Great pay, management, co workers, fun!
Cons
Weekends and evenings
Fantastic place to work
Director of Sales (Current Employee) –  FAIRBORNMarch 24, 2018
Fantastic place to work
I have been employed at Morris for almost 2 years now. I have seen incredible innovations in training and compensation. The company truly does care fori it’s employees, which is evident by the surveys that are given to employees in an attempt to create a better culture for everyone.
I enjoy this job very much and intend to stay for a very long time! It pays the best in the industry i and provides plenty of opportunity for advancement.
Pros
Great leadership great environment
Not worth your efforts.
Furniture Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Polaris, ohioJanuary 6, 2018
Corporate is badly run and it trickles down. It’s hard to keep customers happy when you can’t give straight answers. It’s a fraud of a company. This is a sell by saying anything you can to get customers to buy. Training at this company is horrible, typically run by people who don’t know the job.
Steer clear, this place sucks
Pros
Some nice people
Cons
hard to make commissions without lying or fooling customers.
Horrible
Visual Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHDecember 30, 2017
I have never hated working for a company more this place does not value employees and underpays. The owner is a joke and is slowly ruining the company
Pros
Flexible schedule, good hours
Cons
Management is awful, the company is ridiculous, no opportunity to grow, over worked and underpaid
lied about the hours worked-lied about the training.
mover (Former Employee) –  Fairborn, OHSeptember 30, 2017
I was told i would get off work around 3:30 pm-4:00 pm. I got off after 7:00 everyday. I was told that i would ride with two veterans of the job for a few weeks to learn the job. That circumstance happened 2 days. It became very obvious the boss did not mind lying to me. He might even enjoyed it. Moving teams can see what there are going to move a day in advance. So if it was a hard day they would call off screwing the new people out of their training. Attendance is horrible for that reason.
Pros
some coworkers were good and proffesional.
Cons
Management, training and hours.
fairly new to company but excited to be here
GM (Current Employee) –  Dayton, OHJuly 28, 2017
fairly new but excited good company culture. company seems to care about employees and offers opps. for excellent earnings. i would recommend to both family and friends
Productive and fun workplace
Front Desk Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Florence, KYApril 11, 2017
Great company. Basic office duties including phone orders, running daily reports and filing. Friendly staff. Training including printout reference binder.
morris
Recieving Manager (Former Employee) –  Fairborn, OHApril 5, 2017
Worked hard, always on time, stayed late, learned everything i could. Promised job promotion and pay increase. Received job but no wage increase. worked more positions and hours but without compensation per hour that i was promised
Pros
nice hours, fun work enviorment
Cons
very few benefits, management lies

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Morris Furniture Co., Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8