Morris Group, Inc. Employee Reviews

morris group
Applications Engineer (Former Employee) –  Twinsburg, OHJuly 24, 2018
I liked working for Morris Group, just could not continue the travel at the time.

The job was fun and I was able to learn more about the industry.

Morris group is a good place to work
Cons
A lot of travel
Great people. great culture
Accounting Specialist (Current Employee) –  Windsor, CTMay 21, 2018
I loved my time at the Morris Group. It has helped me advance in my career and gave me opportunity to grow and take on more tasks as i felt comfortable.
Poor management
Lead Shipping Clerk (Former Employee) –  East Granby, CTApril 10, 2018
GM is over ruled by the manager who was never on the floor to maintain control of the flow of product. Communication between builders and buyers upstairs didnt exist, causing an overflow of product not being sold.
Fast paced eniornment in an interesting industry
Vice President of Operations (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMarch 6, 2018
Morris Group, Inc. offered a good working environment with a culture of providing value to our customers. Provided the opportunity to make decisions without having to work through a committee. Good people with a variety of backgrounds.
Review
Service Engineer (Current Employee) –  Huntsville, ALFebruary 13, 2018
Morris Group is a great company. They care about their employees and consider their needs. I worked in Field Service and its pretty tough on family life.
Pros
lots of freedom, fill out your own timesheets, bonuses, raises, flexible
Cons
amount of travel
Meh
Accounts Receivable Specialist (Current Employee) –  Windsor, CTJanuary 30, 2018
Meh, good place for a first job. No room to grow, management is a joke. They start off promising you the world, nothing ever comes to fruition. OK at best
Fun Place that admires your work
Consultant/Project Manager (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CANovember 2, 2017
allowed to be creative and utilize your talents, rewarded for a job well done. Management is leading edge and appreciative of your work. Opportunity to meet important people in the course of a days work.
Amazing place to work
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Buda, TXAugust 18, 2017
I learned so much at this job, customer service played a huge role working here and being the first person the public was in contact with helped my learn great skills. The management was amazing and very understanding. It was like family working for this business, hardest part of this job was leaving for a good reason-staying at home with my child.
warehouse worker
Shipping and Receiving Clerk (Former Employee) –  East Granby, CTJuly 18, 2017
Forklift operator stock merchandise pick merchandise receive in work orders shipping out work orders using ups and fed x program on computer building orders
Great sales opportunity
Sales Engineer (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAJune 13, 2017
Plenty of options for an ambitious sales person who loves the machine shop environment. Nationwide network of technical resources and a great reputation in the marketplace make this company a top choice in the field.
Haas
Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLMay 16, 2017
Haas Factory Outlet Tampa is a division of the Robert E Morris group. Great company to work for with room for advancement.
Offered great benefits and 401k plan.
Pros
Great company culture
Cons
Difficulty working with the Haas factory
Fun work enviroment
Intern (Former Employee) –  Windsor, CTDecember 7, 2016
Fast paced, productive work environment where you can always count on support from your peers.I learned a lot about the way businesses run, which will benefit me greatly in the long run.
Not a great place to work but ok if you can't find anything else.
Inside office staff (Former Employee) –  Windsor, CTSeptember 16, 2016
The longer you work there the less they care about you. No regular raises or reviews. You have to ask. Support staff inside office are not their priority, outside salespeople are treated the best and get all the incentives and bonuses. Not a place you want to work for the rest of your life.
Pros
Coworkers
Cons
Pay, management, sub par benefits package
Innovative, growing company with a family-oriented culture
Human Resources Generalist (Current Employee) –  Windsor, CTApril 21, 2016
Company culture is what really defines an employer of choice. This is an organization that genuinely cares and expresses an interest in their employees.
Pros
Supportive management, Learning encouraged and training opportunities available, Safety conscious employees with collaborative attitudes
The New Normal ?
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WISeptember 9, 2015
Seemed like I worked very hard but was not getting the results any of us wanted. 60 hours + a week and apparently wasn't getting the job done. Values of the company were very good. Learned a lot and look forward to putting those experiences to work elsewhere.
Good Company with a Long History
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYFebruary 12, 2015
Morris Great Lakes is a Division of Morris Group Incorporated (MGI). MGI is a privately held company founded in 1947 as a Machine Tool Distributor.
I would not work for them again
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Windsor, CTDecember 19, 2014
Robert E. Morris charges a hundred-twenty an hour for maintenance services, and yet Robert E. Morris pays the maintainers sixteen an hour. The maintainers are the ones risking their lives on the road for hours on end each day regardless of road conditions. One of the maintainers in particular was still making less than seventeen an hour after six years of service. The maintenance personnel, for the most part, are a bunch of disgruntled former mechanics. Instead of providing company vehicles, you drive your own. They pay some vehicle expenses but it doesn't cover turning your personal vehicle into their work vehicle. With all of the tools and parts you are required to keep in the car, your trunk is no longer your own. You end up spending a lot more money on gas on your personal time lugging their stuff around because who wants to constantly remove, and load a hundred-fifty plus lbs worth of Robert e. Morris stuff every time you want to go food shopping. Does the vehicle allowance cover detailing your interior after months of returning from jobs with your clothes filthy of hydraulic fluid? No! Training? A joke. Evaluations? Another joke. When I was hired, they assured me no more than twenty five percent of my time would be overnight on the road. That was a not true. During my tenure there I changed my residence from part of my geographical territory to another part of the same geographical territory and they had the nerve to ask me why I didn't consult with them before moving.
Fast experience on wide array of machines
Special Options / Service Engineer (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCOctober 14, 2013
60% Travel to many different customers, many D.O.D. contracts

Created and installed electronic interfacing to perform many different tasks

Installed and tested various mechanical retrofit options, including automatic doors, parts catchers, high pressure coolant and through spindle coolant, along with fire extinguishing and coolant monitoring systems

Installed new machines, as well as reinstalled used machines

Rebuilt spindles, ball screw assemblies, re-calibrated absolute scales and encoders
Pros
Vehicle allowance, company fuel card, company cell phone
Cons
Lack of official training opportunities
no advancement
Assembly Worker (Former Employee) –  East Granby, CTMay 6, 2013
Did alot of HVAC work and learned alot. But this particular job had no advancement
Growth
Office/Account Manager - AP/AR (Current Employee) –  East Granby, CTNovember 28, 2012
Company was growing in a different direction then my career.
Pros
co-workers
Cons
no reviews

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Morris Group, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about