Morris Heights Health Center Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
great work environment
Medical Assistant Intern (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYJune 23, 2018
Morris Heights Health Center helped a lot with giving the opportunity to utilize my skills in the medical field. its a great working environment with awesome patients
Morris Heights duty
Medial Assistant (Practicum) (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYJune 11, 2018
• Pulled medical record requests for patient’s appointments, and reviewed the charts to ensure all required documentations. Created and prepared medical record charts for new and incoming patients.
• Operated fax and copy machine, and other electronic devices.
• Filed X-ray reports, labs, and other medical record correspondence in the correct patients’ medical record charts.
• Reviewed patient’s information on records to ensure correct name and spelling in a computerized system.
• Performed EKGs, phlebotomy and vital signs on patients.
Productive, Fun, and worth your time
Assistant Teen Program Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYJune 7, 2018
The people were patient and helpful. They made everyday fun and enjoyable. You will make lasting memories with your coworkers. The patients can be difficult and it can get packed in the office, but the workers help keep things flowing smoothly
love my patients
Family Nurse Practitioner (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYMay 18, 2018
Interesting work at times. Too many employee turnover. Union issues have been draining on staff. Need more supportive upper management. Middle management works hard but do not have power to make real decision.
Amazing employees and workplace
Medical Assistance Internship (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYMay 18, 2018
As an intern, my preceptors were kind and helpful. If i ever needed guidance there was always someone there to help. I loved working with the gynecologist and doing phlebotomy. I'm hopeful to one day be able to work there permanently..
Thanks for the opportunity
Registered Nurse-Women's Health Clinic (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYApril 29, 2018
This was my first position as an RN and I was grateful to have experienced working there. I appreciated the evolving patient population. I worked with great providers and staff members.
busy and welcoming environment
BA Business Associate (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYApril 26, 2018
my day consisted of greeting patients, processing them in the emr. verifying there insurance, and making future appointments. I assessed patients complaints and screened complaints to determine the correct course of action.
Not a terrible company but needs better communication and suppourt
Health Educator (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYApril 17, 2018
I did not work here long but during my time there I learned a lot. If they had better communication and more support from management. Overall not a bad place to work. Really nice people and lots of freedom both creative and general.
great place to work for not too fast nor too slow.
Business Associate II-School Based (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYApril 12, 2018
It's an always learning, on the go and motivating work place. Many meetings and sessions that helps the employees learn new terms which are handy to fulfill the everyday needs of the assignments set for the month.
MHHC can do better
Executive Assistant (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYApril 11, 2018
This place is not the same anymore, but if you need experience this organization can be help you gain that experience. The compensation is very low compared to other non-profits in the NYC area.
Pros
Easily accessible by public transportation
Cons
union, morale
Productive environment and learning platform
Data manager/ Report Developer - Cognos & Tableau (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 28, 2018
I had great experience working at morris heights health center. I learnt a lot from colleagues and my manager. Very competetive and great environment to learn and explore.
Requires adaptation to company culture
Manager (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYMarch 20, 2018
MHHC is a good place to work and learn. Requires adaptation to the high volume and fast pace of the company as you may have to wear multiple hats at any given time. The company has experienced multiple changes in management and therefore in procedures and staffing. It could be confusing at times when processes are modified and the managers are not informed of the changes. If you focus on learning, there is definitely potential to develop new skills.
Pros
Learn new skills, good benefits
Cons
work on silos
The staff is caring.
managenment (Former Employee) –  Bronx County, NYMarch 16, 2018
The founder created a caring place for patients and once she retired the new management changed the culture of Morris Heights and lost what we stood for to the patients. That is the reason they need new leaders including nursing. I am not happy with the current nursing staff and nursing leadership.
Pros
Cons
union entered after 34 years because of the new management!
Good experience
Senior Social Worker (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYMarch 13, 2018
Wonderful experience well respected colleagues. Very good communication and support all around. Peers have very good experience to learn from. Community is special and awesome to serve.
It is a caring place and teamwork among co workers
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYMarch 11, 2018
I worked at MHHC for 14yrs with many Doctors. It's place where people can learn different ethics. They have many locations which I've worked also cover co workers. I will miss them all.
Pros
Events were educated and fun for the patients
Cons
Becoming a union
Business Associate (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYFebruary 26, 2018
Good environment to work in,everyone is friendly and very welcoming. Everyone is a great team player as well, and they work around people's schedules.
Pros
1 Hour Lunch breaks
Not a great place to work
Unknown (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYFebruary 13, 2018
Anyone considering working for Morris Heights Health Center should only use it as experience and nothing more. The wages are low but the benefits are decent however the co-pays are high. Management is left to do basically whatever they feel like doing and so is human resources which is exactly why they have a union coming in. Overall I would just recommend this for someone that likes flexibility and job experience outside of that don't expect to be able to pay rent on your own and live a fairly comfortable like especially if you live in New York City which is expensive.
Pros
Great on your resume, flexible work schedule
Cons
Low wages, bad management, High co-payments
This was a relaxed job. Self directed.
Administrative Nurse Manager (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYFebruary 5, 2018
The day would start with summary report of the previous day and and discussion with team leaders for the plan of the current day.
I would then start school visits to some of the schools under my supervision.
Pros
Self paced and independent
Cons
a lot of traval.
challenging and exciting
Specialist RN - Adult Medicine/Infectious Disease (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYJanuary 26, 2018
a great place for new graduates to learn and enhance nursing skills. fast paced environment with high risk patients. Opportunity to grow within the organization
good place to work
Certified Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 18, 2018
i enjoyed my years at mhhc only reason i left was to low pay bills are going up and rent is increasing and i was always told that they will not give more than a 3% raise and that is the max so mostly everyone only got a 1-2 % raise and it was chump change tho i am no longer there i must say i do miss working at mhhc it sad that many good employees leave due to low pay or no raise once i had to wait five years for a raise with out retro
Pros
gain lots of experience
Cons
low pay

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Morris Heights Health Center. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.7InHerSight Score

2.4Personal Development

3.6Career Opportunities

2.3Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight