Morris Heights Health Center Employee Reviews

Top heavy, too many managers and directors, not enoughp providers.
Social Worker (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYNovember 10, 2018
Workers are not valued, poor communication. Too many people on top instead of much needed providers. Computer system is outdated. Constant changes.
Pros
Patients
Cons
Poor communication, employees are not respected. Top heavy
productive fast paced environment
Medical Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYSeptember 24, 2018
The job was a great place the employers really took their time to teach you anything there was to know about the company. Although it was very busy, it was very fun and there were many activities throughout the week to make the job more interesting.
Internship
Internship (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYSeptember 22, 2018
I enjoyed being in Morris Heights because it taught me more skills and showed me how it was like working as a medical assistant they taught me everything i needed to know.
Morris Heights
Business Associate (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYSeptember 14, 2018
It was really fun working at Morris Heights i felt like we all got along and everyone respected each other views and opinions on certain situations. We all made sure we had each others back
It’s alright but poor management
Former employee (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYAugust 30, 2018
Poor management, ever since the new CEO took over when, in January, or before, everything changed. Management changed for every department. Many people even providers LEFT. Union came after 30 something years. They (providers) wanted a raise but the CEO decided to give a raise to the higher ups. That is why the providers left meaning we are losing patients. So do your research before applying here.
Pros
Most staffs are great
Cons
Poor management
Great coworkers but low pay for the hard work you do.
School Based Health Social Worker (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYAugust 24, 2018
Great coworkers, but low pay for the hard work and long hours you do. Poor management, high overturn. School based workers are on a 10 month contract and are not given enough PTO/pay.
Pros
great coworkers
Cons
low pay/poor management
Customer service rep
Insurance Billing Specialist (Former Employee) –  85 w burnside ave bx nyAugust 19, 2018
working here for 8 years were my best years will always rembered the great people I meet but I had to leave due to other making feel like I was not good enough or I did not know what I was doing
Pros
lots of works always bussy
Cons
need more staff
Terrible place with poor management
Associate (Former Employee) –  NYAugust 15, 2018
No proper training given. You have to figure things out by yourself. Mistakes are not tolerated. Big on favoritism. Big promises which were never kept.
Pros
Decent benefits, 1 hour lunches
Cons
no proper training or orientation
Good Company to work for
HEALTH INFORMATION CLERK (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYAugust 11, 2018
Great company, very ambitious, customer friendly, professional outlook - tried very hard to be compliant with regulations, and worker financial security
Pros
Patient friendly
Cons
Need more medical providers
WIll not comment
Chronic Care Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYAugust 6, 2018
My rating speaks for itself. I will not want to write any personal experiences but I will say do your research. Is not all bad but not all good either.
Interned Here
Medical Assisting - Internship (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYJuly 17, 2018
I interned in Morris Heights Health Clinic as a requirement from my school, Monroe College. Honestly, it sucked to not get paid. However, it was volunteer work. I enjoyed working with the patients and the staff weren't so bad with teaching, even though some of them did have snotty attitudes. I learned valuable skills at the Women's and Dental Clinic. I wish they would've offered me employment but they did not. Not a bad place to intern.
Pros
Learn great skills
Cons
No employment after internship, No pay for internship
great work environment
Medical Assistant Intern (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYJune 23, 2018
Morris Heights Health Center helped a lot with giving the opportunity to utilize my skills in the medical field. its a great working environment with awesome patients
Morris Heights duty
Medial Assistant (Practicum) (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYJune 11, 2018
• Pulled medical record requests for patient’s appointments, and reviewed the charts to ensure all required documentations. Created and prepared medical record charts for new and incoming patients.
• Operated fax and copy machine, and other electronic devices.
• Filed X-ray reports, labs, and other medical record correspondence in the correct patients’ medical record charts.
• Reviewed patient’s information on records to ensure correct name and spelling in a computerized system.
• Performed EKGs, phlebotomy and vital signs on patients.
Productive, Fun, and worth your time
Assistant Teen Program Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYJune 7, 2018
The people were patient and helpful. They made everyday fun and enjoyable. You will make lasting memories with your coworkers. The patients can be difficult and it can get packed in the office, but the workers help keep things flowing smoothly
love my patients
Family Nurse Practitioner (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYMay 18, 2018
Interesting work at times. Too many employee turnover. Union issues have been draining on staff. Need more supportive upper management. Middle management works hard but do not have power to make real decision.
Amazing employees and workplace
Medical Assistance Internship (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYMay 18, 2018
As an intern, my preceptors were kind and helpful. If i ever needed guidance there was always someone there to help. I loved working with the gynecologist and doing phlebotomy. I'm hopeful to one day be able to work there permanently..
Thanks for the opportunity
Registered Nurse-Women's Health Clinic (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYApril 29, 2018
This was my first position as an RN and I was grateful to have experienced working there. I appreciated the evolving patient population. I worked with great providers and staff members.
busy and welcoming environment
BA Business Associate (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYApril 26, 2018
my day consisted of greeting patients, processing them in the emr. verifying there insurance, and making future appointments. I assessed patients complaints and screened complaints to determine the correct course of action.
Not a terrible company but needs better communication and suppourt
Health Educator (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYApril 17, 2018
I did not work here long but during my time there I learned a lot. If they had better communication and more support from management. Overall not a bad place to work. Really nice people and lots of freedom both creative and general.
great place to work for not too fast nor too slow.
Business Associate II-School Based (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYApril 12, 2018
It's an always learning, on the go and motivating work place. Many meetings and sessions that helps the employees learn new terms which are handy to fulfill the everyday needs of the assignments set for the month.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Morris Heights Health Center. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.7InHerSight Score

2.4Personal Development

3.6Career Opportunities

2.3Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight