Morris Law Center

Morris Law Center insights

Areas for improvement
  • Inclusive work environment
  • Support from manager
  • General feeling of work happiness

Extremely Supportive and Caring when Personal Matters Came Up

Morris Law Center was willing to work with me on employment arrangements when I lost my Child Care. They accommodated me and made me feel like I was a valued team member.

Pros

Caring, Empathetic, Willing to work with me on my schedule

Cons

A great place to learn new skills

At Morris Law, you get to understand how law practice works--specifically, how you can manage your job duties, and how managing those duties affects your coworkers. In other words, you learn to manage the expectations of those around you. Within a few months, I was able to tackle a myriad of cases--researching different areas of civil law. Additionally, I was able to help with alternative dispute resolution cases, thereby diversifying my experience. The attorneys were open to discuss cases and to answer any questions I had while tackling new areas of law.

Pros

Mentoring, training for legal field, good guidance

Cons

Sometimes not many cases to work on

Worst place I have ever worked.

To say this was just a bump in the road in my journey of finding a lifetime career is an understatement. This was by far the worst job experience i have ever had, so bad i do not even include it on my resume. Most of my days spent here were venting to my co-workers or crying. The day i knew it was time for me to leave was the day i was crying at 9am and no one should ever go through that! Nothing you do here is ever praised by the bosses. It is a hostile environment and there is always someone who is the target. In my time of working there i saw two people leave due to being the “target”. Many of my days spent there were handling social media which I might mention is pathetic watching one of the owners try so hard! I never had a good day working at that law firm and i am happy that i got out of there while i did. It is such a hard place to be in a job where nothing you do is appreciated and you always feel like your doing something wrong. Not to mention that one of the attorneys would literally YELL at you if you did the littlest thing wrong. If your thinking about getting a job here... do not walk away from this application. RUN.

Cons

Terrible work place environment!!

A workplace designed for employee success

I have worked at several law firms prior to working for Morris Law Center. The systems they have in place makes it easy for an employee to join the firm and know their way around document processing, or other office procedures. They have really streamlined the communication process, and unlike other firms, the attorneys are available to discuss questions or matters with.

Pros

Car washes and firm lunches

Cons

narrow parking structure

Great Place to Work with Supportive Management

Morris Law Center is an amazing place to work. It’s extremely drama free. Everyone is always willing to answer any questions I have, especially while training. They have very structured practices and procedures (which is great and refreshing.... sometimes you work for a company and they are all over the place, which is not the case here), but my thoughts and opinions are taken into consideration. I feel like I learn from the attorneys while also being able to have my input valued. Free lunch monthly and daily snacks and coffee are a super plus. It helps employee moral and shows they care. Overall an awesome place to be at and grow.

Pros

Management that values my opinion, great training program, free food/coffee

Cons

Great place to get your legal feet wet

As someone pursuing their paralegal certificate, I was looking for a job to gain any sort of legal experience I could. Although I technically fill a receptionist role, I do not spend my time on the phone constantly thanks to the 24/7 virtual answering service MLC has in place. I do so much more than handle potential client intake; I am given opportunities to learn about basic legal assistant work constantly. I also do inventory and many other tasks that keep me busy and the workday moving along quickly.I have never worked at a place with such awesome perks. Most employers buy their employees lunch (which MLC does monthly as well), but MLC gives out free monthly car detailing to all employees. This is by far the most thoughtful thing I have seen an employer do for their people. There are also well-stocked snack bowls and a Keurig for all employees.As far as management goes, I am very used to hands-off management, being left to "figure it out" for myself. Although this is generally fine for me, MLC is certainly not this way. There is an extensive workflow manual available for all positions, and the two main attorneys are always available and willing to answer any and all questions I have (with kindness). I have not worked here for long, but I love my job and the opportunities my position has to advance. I could not imagine a better opportunity for someone in my situation.

Pros

Regular hours, thoughtful perks, extensive training and assistance

Cons

No official break room, loud AARP office in a suite nearby

Unpredictable, unforgiving, and unfair to workers

The first thing to know about this company is that they resent having to pay their workers. They don't think you are worth it or that you deserve it, no matter how hard you may try or how much value you truly add. Secondly, they expect you to essentially train yourself and acquire in 2-3 months what certified paralegals learn in 1 or 2 years of their training and what lawyers know after 3 years of law school. There is no formal training process -- this is their Achilles' heel and their most irresponsible, egregious deficiency. New employees are given a manual and are passed around to other new employees to figure it out as best they can. When you make a mistake due to your lack of training, they are extremely unforgiving and will never forget the times you slipped up. Beware that at all times, the CEO will have examples of your inadequacies buzzing in her head. This company is obsessed with mistakes. The good things you do will go largely unnoticed and under-appreciated. The turn-over rate is extraordinarily high. Working there for 9 months, I saw about 7 people hired and fired. It's a complicated environment to work in; a husband and wife attorney partnership with one person under them that handles all the operations and the HR (which is a nightmare). These 3 figureheads have been together for 3 years and are loyal only to each other, viewing everyone else as an outsider, threat or enemy. They are desperately clinging to the limited amount of wealth and assets they possess. Don't get me wrong, on the face of it, this company looks and feels nice and pleasant. They do a great -

Pros

Nice desk chairs

Cons

Passively ruthless; unforgiving; unwilling to recognize both sides of an issue.

Difficult and challenging place to work, and not in a good way.

Minimal training for new hires, no direction or assistance and discouraged to ask questions, but then chastised for making a mistake. Zero job security, you always felt like you had to watch your back at all times and could never do anything right. The person delegated to speak to about problems/concerns was the cause of 99% of the problems/issues.

Pros

Firm lunch each month

Cons

No support, no direction, lack of communication and poor management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Morris Law Center. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Learn about Morris Law Center in popular locations

• Morris Law Center
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?