MORRISON & FOERSTER Employee Reviews

Progressive and Fun Environment
Legal Secretary - Litigation (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CA 94105February 18, 2019
I really enjoyed my time working at MoFo as a legal secretary. I worked in downtown San Francisco. Everyone was very professional and nice. There was always a lot of work to do.
Pros
Very competitive pay structure
Cons
Tough commute
great place to work
Senior Docket coordinator (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CADecember 7, 2018
Staff is treated well. The Attorneys I worked with were top notch. Enjoyed the cross office team work culture. Clients were amazing and cutting edge in all industries.
Pros
cross office collaboration
Cons
not sure if they still assisted with monthly parking cost
just as expected
employee (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles County, CAOctober 12, 2018
Big international law firm. Culture and environment fit accordingly -- very long hours and intense environment, but pay is pretty good. Worth doing for a few years.
Working at Mofo was fun and very Demanding
Patent Docket Assistant (Former Employee) –  Palo Alto, CAOctober 10, 2018
I have great memories working for Mofo. The group of docket people we had became great friends. Work was very demanding but also was nice to work hard and them realize your day had ended you worked so hard.
Pros
location. Palo Alo Sq.
Cons
Salary was low
Positive Working Environment
U.S. Patent Filing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Palo Alto, CAOctober 8, 2018
From the moment I started here a patent assistant, management made it a goal for me to grow within the company. My time here has been absolutely enjoyable.
Pros
Onsite gym
Cons
Commute
MoFo is a multinational company. Responses are for Denver office only
Legal Secretary (Former Employee) –  Denver, COSeptember 14, 2018
The Denver office reduced the litigators to 4. I was told I would be working in the corporate department, and did not wan to do so, so I looked for another job. I found a place at WTO.
Pros
MoFo is a giant in the legal field.
Cons
Little to do
I was a six month contract employee
Litigation Support Analyst (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 9, 2018
I was a six month contract employee, but during my time there, all members of the team I was working with were true professionals and a great to work with. If you were looking for a great place to work, I would highly recommend working at Morrison & Foerster.
Pros
Great staff, great working environment; and a great location in New York City.
Cons
None really come to mind
Staff Unappreciated
Patent Prosecution (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAAugust 25, 2018
The work environment is very stressful and the staff is not treated like part of a team. The communication between the attorneys and staff is poor. It is difficult to have a good work-life balance. They do have good benefits
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
poor team environment
Great Place to Work!
Legal Secretary (Current Employee) –  Denver, COJuly 27, 2018
My typical day involves supporting 7 attorneys each day by performing all kinds of secretarial tasks, from answering phones and distributing mail, making restaurant reservations and planning travel, processing expense reports, and preparing client billing to drafting and editing correspondence and large corporate documents.
We are always offered training programs on various software and programs that the firm uses and have an on-site help desk to assist with any questions we might have.
Management cares about all the employees and the workplace culture is strict but fun. My opinion is valued and I am treated with respect. We are offered tickets to events, we have monthly birthday parties, we celebrate new employees and have going away parties for people leaving.
I really don't feel there is a hard part of my job -- I love it and I love being busy.
The most enjoyable part of my job is being free to do my job without someone micromanaging me. No one watches over me. I am trusted and respected.
Pros
Stocked kitchen, with soup, fruit, candy, soda, juice, etc.
Cons
No cons
Patent paralegal
Patent Paralegal (Former Employee) –  Palo Alto, CAJuly 12, 2018
Poor management and vision. Constant turnover and instability. Bad culture and leadership. Laid back environment. staff feel isolated and no collaboration. Heavy workloads for low pay.

Want to know more about MORRISON & FOERSTER?

Ask a question
CLIENT ACCOUNT MANAGER (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJuly 2, 2018
Diverse culture, great people to work with, respectful, knowledgeable and very helpful. Management is always available to answer questions or offer guidance. Everyone works as a team in order to provide the best service to our clientele.
Pros
Departmental events
Great Firm, Difficult to Advance Within
Corporate Legal Secretary (Former Employee) –  Palo Alto, CAMay 2, 2018
A typical day at work is not easily defined. Challenges arise constantly that could very well be different than what you worked on the day before. Everyone wants their work done first, which can provide certain challenges all its own in the category of proper prioritization of tasks - however, MoFo is not unique in this challenge. I learned to work faster and smarter, to communicate and how to communicate more effectively and how to anticipate needs, as well as some of the more subtle ins and outs of office politics. The hardest part of the job was dealing with the perceptions of certain attorneys and management and the "elephant-like" memories of certain attorneys when mistakes were made. Hard to recover from. The most enjoyable part of the job were the challenges provided and the people. Fun environment for the most part (when attorney stress was manageable), and the attorneys do care about their support staff.
Office Services Clerk
Office Services Clerk (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAApril 27, 2018
I truly enjoyed working for Morrison & Foerster and would probably still be employed with them had it not been for a family emergency in which I had to relocate.
Pros
Excellent working condition.
Cons
I honestly cannot think of any cons of my years at this corporation.
Very professional friendly place.
Conference Center Specialist (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAApril 23, 2018
MOFO has a very professional culture and provides a great first impression to anyone who walks into their building. The attorneys are the best at what they do and the admin staff was always friendly and approachable.
A pleasant place to work
Freelance Japanese Translator (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAApril 9, 2018
I worked here as a freelance Japanese translator. At the time I worked here, I found the work culture to be pleasant and conducive to an effective work product.
Excellent firm culture
Legal Secretary/Real Estate (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 9, 2018
Wonderful firm to work for with open door policy and lots of teamwork. Very brief. I spoke to two managers. Thirty minutes for each, and they both asked the same questions. They were both friendly and the staff overall very welcoming. Everyone had a smile and overall a great vibe.
Pros
Casual Fridays drinks
Not Messing Around
Business Development Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJanuary 31, 2018
MoFo is a great place to work but is also competitive and extremely fast paced. They expect employees to work upwards of 45 hours minimum a week. However, once at work it can feel very relaxed. managers are not micromanaging and your team is likely to be self-sufficient.
Great for attorneys... not so much for staff
Legal Secretary (Current Employee) –  Palo Alto, CAJanuary 10, 2018
MoFo WAS a great place to work for staff once, but that has changed greatly in recent years. Micro-management has become the norm, and respect is greatly lacking. They advertise flexible work schedules for the attorneys, but the staff will never receive a flexible work schedule. Think hard before coming here.
Pros
Doughnut Friday, good pay
Cons
Micro-management of staff; no respect for job well done. Little appreciation. Low morale among staff
Very busy firm...
complex secretarial, administrative (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CADecember 25, 2017
Although this is a high profile firm they are great to their staff. Provide excellent salaries, great benefits, bonuses and many staff related functions. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend this firm to anyone.
Great place to work at.
Sr. Records Clerk (Current Employee) –  Palo Alto, CADecember 1, 2017
This is a company that is really helping people every single day and it's exciting to be part of it. The Leadership Team is completely in touch with the business. This is by far the most employee friendly company that I have worked.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at MORRISON & FOERSTER. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.3InHerSight Score

3.0Personal Development

3.4Career Opportunities

3.5Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight