Morrison Center
60Average

Morrison Center Employee Reviews

ManagementDuring closure and after opening during pandemic, there was no communication from CEO therefore no leadership.CultureAll these ratings are based on PRE-covid environment. They did a sloppy and clunky job communicating with furloughed workers and frankly insulting letters of termination went out.OverallAmazing place to work PRE-covid-19. Awful communication and environment during re-opening. Insulting letters of termination were sent to all who were moved from furloughed to laid off.
Upper management demanded employees work at other houses constantly. The response was you work for the company not a particular house. Never supported or investigated complaints on other employees not showing up for shifts, harassment, potential violence, tardiness, or being on phones constantly. They were worried about not having enough people to make state required ratios. Upper management would make it seem as if the whistleblower was the problem and not provide support. Very disappointed and discouraged.
Pros
Great clients and guardians
Cons
Upper management lies.
Work-life balanceWork-life balance at Morrison Center is well balancedPay & benefitsMy pay and benefits at Morrison Center are good. Pay rates just went upManagementIn general, managers at Morrison Center work along side the teamOverallWhat an amazing place to work. Flexible schedules, good pay rates and fun people to work with. This type of work has its pros and cons anywhere you go. I feel like I’m part of a real solid team here. Management is fair and I take pride in the work I do.
My department was never an issue, however we interacted closely with the school. Leadership said barely anything in terms of guidance around the pandemic and furloughed numerous employees on a Sunday. Communication between departments and leadership is dismal. I had so much respect for this company when I began but it has become clear that the true goal of those who run the company is to make money and not about their clients or employees.
Pros
Co-workers and supervisor were amazing
Cons
Poor communication, not great benefits if you have a family
The Morrison Center has the potential to be a wonderful place to work. However, lack of communication, respect for employees, and concern for employee safety has driven me away from this agency. The “leadership” team does not listen to employee concerns regarding caseload, student and employee safety related to COVID-19, or constructive ideas for the agency. When urgent concerns arose regarding employment agreements, employee and student safety, or personal needs, the HR department ignored all emails and phone calls. They mailed letters to employees who have been with the company for decades informing them that their positions were terminated. They are not following safety protocols related to COVID-19, thus putting the vulnerable students and employees at risk without giving an option to work remotely. Members of the leadership team have been observed to be within 6 feet of their employees while not wearing masks. Employees at this agency are asked to take on extra students to their already full caseloads instead of hiring additional employees to see these students. All upper management cares about is money. If you are looking for an employer who cares about and respects their employees, this is not the place. Multiple therapists leaving the agency at the same time is an indicator that change needs to happen before it will be a decent place of employment.
Pros
The students
Cons
Lack of communication throughout the agency, lack of respect demonstrated by “leadership” team
I am fairly new employee to Morrison Center and I am so happy to be apart of this team. I appreciate how team oriented they are. There is a Strong work/life balance that is definitely encouraged. The current staff are very welcoming to new employee's. I enjoy a challenge in my day to day work and Morrison Center provides that. You won't be disappointed working here. The added bonus is the kids are amazing and will always put a smile on your face.
Morrison has provided me, my coworkers, and the students with many opportunities to learn and grow. Like all companies in the non-profit social services industry, there is a delicate balancing act that administration must undertake in the interconnected goals of helping clients, supporting staff, and paying the bills that keep the doors open. I do believe Morrison tries the best they can with what is available. best they can.
Pros
Culture, opportunities for experience, individualization of services for clients
Cons
You can find negatives anywhere, if you look for them.
CEO is not a "people person". He avoids most of the clients in day program, especially if they can come up to him and talk. They building at Riverside needs work. The door is rusted and that is where clients come in, among other things. He has no idea what clients needs are. Money hungry and they pay is terrible. Buys and buys but can't even take care of the ones he has.
Pros
Clients are amazing as well as staff
Cons
Everything else!
June 23, 2020
We are sorry it wasn't a good fit. We strive to maintain the highest care standards and professional expectations in the industry to ensure quality, specialized services for our clients, who are our top priority.
I have finally found my work home after almost 20 years in the human services field! If anyone is looking to be a Shared Living Provider please consider joining us at the Morrison Center!
I have had the ability to grow and learn new skills over the past 6 years. Love the benefits and pay! I have the freedom to be creative and explore new ways to complete my job responsibilities.
Morrison Center offers a opportunities to work autonomously at multiple locations. Management will support staff to cross train in other programs available within the agency. With opportunity to grow within the company, Morrison Center emphasizes on investing in staff training and flexible schedules for people achieving post secondary education. Compensation and benefits are competitive among other agencies in the industry and MC adds a unique work environment due to opportunities available as a result of agency expansion. Many people from the Executive Director down to entry level positions have been with MC for several years due to the mission and vision of this organization.
Pros
Working to benefit members in community and program settings.
Morrison Center is a terrific place to work. I worked there for over 3 years and loved it. Morrison Center proved there are no limits for people with disabilities, and it was amazing to be a part of what happens there everyday.
Pros
Schedule, flexibitliy, coworkers
Morrison is a special place. Everyone is so positive and they all work together to meet the needs of students. The educators and therapists have amazing skill and are all willing to explain their work and goals. I learned a ton from everyone!
Pros
Talented Peers, kids, and families. Facilities are amazing.
I love my job and the Morrison mission. I am inspired each day by the clients we serve and my coworkers! It is a great place to work if you need to juggle school and/or family life.
Pros
Opportunity, Collaborative, Friendly, Ethical
I love working for Morrison Center - our staff does an amazing job caring for and providing services to our clients. Great benefits package and community culture!
Morrison Center in Maine is an AMAZING PLACE! The agency provides such great services and is growing all over the state of Maine! The support is there to help and they really care about their employees, there are many opportunities to advance and go further. I am so happy I made the choice to work here. Benefits are better than any I have ever had.
During the COVID-19 pandemic they issued out letters to all Day Program staff stating they voluntarily resigned their positions, because they didn’t go and work in the group homes. Clients stopped coming to program due to the virus. Morrison Center still continued to keep day programs open till Logisticare stopped running. They do not care about the well being of there clients or staff.
May 22, 2020
Thought it would be different but they continue to buy buy buy but don't focus on what they already have..residential is in so much need of work it's ridiculous. They have lost touch with why they are who they are. Staff are overworked and so under paid. No raises..I actually had my pay reduced to then hear a new hire made the same. After 15plus years not cool. They need more staff in ALL locations and the insurance is a RIP off over 300 for a family
May 22, 2020
I have worked for them for two yrs and I loved working with the clients but the company has really treated us like dirt we are on the front lines working directly with the great clients. They don’t spend any money on the programs but spend it on opening new expensive house and the other programs work with nothing!! Now with the pandemic they have cut all our Benefits in half !! What a slap in the face !
May 22, 2020
Once actually stood behind what they "say" is there mission. Now it's $. Things change day by day depending on what benefits the management. Growing so fast unable to sustain what they have. Poor work conditions.I'm not being petty I'm being honest . If you are a person who truly cares about the individuals you work for.Don't waist your time applying. All one big LIE and one day they will be exposed
May 22, 2020
They don’t care about the DSP’s They used to be a decent company but not anymore !! During the pandemic they cut all of our benefits in half!! They are building new programs but they don’t take care of there original programs. They were trying to grow to fast and got caught in the pandemic unprepared finically!!
  1. Employee Reviews