Morrison Center Employee Reviews

Difficult and chaotic
DSP (Direct Support Professional) (Current Employee) –  Scarborough, MEOctober 12, 2018
Began with Morrison after they acquired the home I worked in from a different agency. Received very little guidance or management and as a result there was an overall sense of chaos in the house. Staff and clients both suffered from the lack of leadership.
poor work place
Direct Support Professional (Former Employee) –  Naples, MEMay 21, 2018
Very stressful, awful co-workers, long hours without any benefits. If a problem arises it is not dealt with properly and continues which makes going to work very stressful
Pros
the clients
Cons
the staff, the pay
Over worked, under paid and terrible communication!
Direct Support Professional (Current Employee) –  Scarborough, MEMay 16, 2018
Definitely under paid for the expectations put on you with no chance in seeing a pay raise. Insurance is expensive especially if you add children. Communication from higher ups is never clear and changes constantly. They spread each of their employees to thin whether it's working short handed or having them do jobs they weren't even hired for. All in all I would not refer anyone to work at this company which is to bad since working with adults with intellectual disabilities is truly a rewarding job, this company has lost sight of what truly matters.
Pros
Clients and M-F
Cons
Every thing else
An exhilarating face paced job
Stage Hand (Current Employee) –  Boise, IDSeptember 4, 2017
Every day our job would vary, therefore it really never got dull in the workplace. Varying from electrical support, audio support, stage support and several other categories of teams needed to run a show, we awaited our teams to start a quick paced shift where time management was of major importance and ability to coordinate both with your team and the others working around. The management really helped us by planning beforehand the steps in order to be able to set up the stage and take the stage down on time for the performing company to not worry about a thing.
Pros
Free Lunch, Friendly Coworkers
Cons
Unconventional shifts
Absolutely Amazing!
Internship as Assistant Choreographer (Former Employee) –  Boise, IDMay 2, 2017
Best job I have ever had. The people working with Greater Idaho Family Theater love their jobs and take pride in what they do every year. I looked forward to this when I was working with them.
Good job for showing how a touring company works.
Stage Hand (Former Employee) –  Boise, IDApril 29, 2017
A typical day for a stagehand is mostly just sitting and doing security or standing and doing security. This is an excellent job for learning the basics of how a professional theater works. However not really many opportunities to move up in the work place. Most enjoyable part of the job is probably working a load in or load out working on electric team.
Pros
Usually get union breaks, and get feed if its a long work day.
Cons
Pay and hours are extremely limited.
Productive place to work
Nutrition Clerk (Former Employee) –  North Wales, PAAugust 16, 2015
There mission is to enhance the quality of life of seniors by providing exceptional care in innovative living environments, assisting family caregivers, and answering important questions about aging through research. They don’t believe our job stops at the patient. We are here for caregivers, families, and, through our research advances, the many generations that will follow.
Over Worked and Under Paid
Business Manager (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, MEApril 17, 2015
Built the company's accounting and billing department from the ground up. I worked long hours and the salary was not in line with the amount of working I was producing for the agency.
Pros
Great health insurance and flex tme offered
Cons
long work hours and worked most weekends
Good place to practice integrative medicine
Nurse Practitioner (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 18, 2013
A good clinic for patients to have access to. Has an objective of using both conventional and holistic medicine. Patients needs to know what their values are since clinic's values flexibly meet patients values. The employer is very business oriented does not value so much staff's input.
Great staff to work with.
Educational Technician III (Current Employee) –  Scarborough, MEAugust 30, 2013
I work one on one with special need children. I work on their goals and objectives. The special needs teacher has taught me a lot about autistic children. My co-workers are great we work well as a team. This job can be challenging at times but also rewarding. The kids are great they have a smile on their face when they come to school, this brightens my day.
Pros
This company has a wonderful staff, very caring people, very caring parents, lots of trainings, a good learning job.
Cons
It does not pay well, pay raises are not an option and the health care is expensive.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Morrison Center. Our community is ready to answer.