Morrison Supply Company Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
overall
Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  Harlingen, TX 78550July 2, 2018
A good work place environment. Good benefits overall but the cons are the payments to receive those benefits are relatively higher than other companies that offer the same benefits.
Work well
Warehouse Manager (Former Employee) –  Lubbock, TX 79424June 4, 2018
My position was warehouse manager. It was a great atmosphere with great teamwork.
The managers with this company assisted and supported the employees that worked here.
Longevity employees benefits well
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Midland, TXMarch 26, 2018
You have to be there from the beginning of opening store because you get the contractors before any of the new employees come on board to get compensated commission. It is also a learn as you go, and you have to upgrade customers selections to get your real pay. In other words, you will do well if you know the products and get the new customers before the older employees, if you can. Good luck on that one, It's best if you had your own contractors to have their customers come to you only. The new employee will be left out on a lot of new customers.
Pros
Paid major holidays
Cons
It's not what you know, it;s who you know to succeed in this establishment
Good place to work poorly managed after advent take over
Inside sales (Former Employee) –  Kilgore, TX 75662February 12, 2018
Morrison was once a great place to work after 2010 when the advent Corp purchased and took it over it became all about the bottom dollar good bye family atmosphere now not a good place to work
Fast paced, competitive environment
Help Desk Analyst (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXFebruary 2, 2018
At Morrison Support Company they strive to provide the best service for our customers with quality supplies. In doing so, there is a lot of reliability and responsibility on the IT team to make sure that all systems are working as efficiently as possible. As part of the IT infrastructure team and being on the Help Desk, it is very demanding that you are able to handle any and all issues that came to the Help Desk
Do better
Shipping Receiving/Picker (Former Employee) –  Carrollton, TXJanuary 3, 2018
Lack of pay and management......,,...................,. Head bdbdjdbdbdhjxjddbdbdbbdbdbdbdbdbdbdbdbxbxbxxbxbxbndxjkxkx d dxjxjbdbdbxjxnxxnbxxjksndnxjbdxb
Pros
Hour lunch, good supervisor, and they feed you A LOT
Cons
No breaks, low pay, management is sloppy
good place to work and having fun doing it.
Driver/ Warehouse Receiving Clerk (Former Employee) –  Shreveport, LANovember 3, 2017
Morrison Supply Co. was a good place to work getting to know your co-worker's and managements staff, assisting with new customers and learning what we do best to satisfy our customers. Love working in our warehouse environment, learning more about plumbing material and supplies and really miss working for this company until Corporate Division decided to closed down. ( surprised )
Pros
30 min. to 1 hr lunch breaks sometimes lunch is on Morrison Co.
Cons
Good Health Care Beneifits
Not that great
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 2, 2017
Poor management. Secretive. Micro managing to a T. Good people but management is selfish and does not show trust in their employees. Not a happy environment.
Pros
good customers
Cons
poor management
Issues on a daily basis
None (Current Employee) –  Ft. Worth, TXOctober 21, 2017
Mismanaged company with no training & no raises. Issues on a daily basis that never get addressed. Water Gardens decisions are misguided and clueless.
Pros
PTO and Co-workers
Cons
No raises, One Vision - Morrison is not Fortiline.
Express Pipe & Supply
Warehouse Worker/Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Escondido, CAOctober 9, 2017
Horrible management. No organization, no clear direction and no training to understand expected​ as hired job requirements. Sadly, very understaffed branch made majority of essential job tasks to be left unfinished which created even more problems and tremendous stress.
Pros
Free food.
Cons
Everything. Where do I begin?
Great company with clear expectations
Driver (Former Employee) –  Azle, TXAugust 23, 2017
Good company, just not near enough drivers to handle a location. Clear work expectations; not a hard, stressful job, but need to be able to lift heavy things and know how to react when driving.
Pros
Benefits and ease.
Cons
Understaffed in the driving department.
Wasted Time
Sales (Former Employee) –  East TexasAugust 22, 2017
You are promised the world, but management will mislead you. No job security, no training, no goals, and managers really don't care about employees. you are just a number.
A typical day at work
Anonymous (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKAugust 15, 2017
Pulling order and double checking for accuracy before they are delivered to customers. Shipping and receiving checking to make sure all product is accurate and in good condition.
Morrison Supply was a great place to work.
Secretary (Former Employee) –  Norman, OKJuly 10, 2017
A typical day at Morrison was a very busy day full of answering calls, shipping out product, receiving new product and organizing all paperwork (invoices etc.) I learned a variety of things at Morrison. I had never worked in a plumbing/hvac supply atmosphere before and leaned a lot of product knowledge. I also learned more customer service as I helped many order special product they needed. I learned how to efficiently move through the computer program for invoicing and the daily cash box. The management was very supportive, yet gave me room to work things out on my own. The hardest part of the job was adjusting to a mostly male atmosphere and learning all the different components of plumbing and hvac (which I still do not know all of them). The most enjoyable part of my job was dealing with and getting to know the people that came in all the time.
Pros
Raises and bonuses were great. I learned a great deal.
Cons
My office was not carpeted, it was very close to the warehouse, mice
fun place learn alot
Office Manager/Procurement Specialist (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXMay 20, 2017
learned a lot about the plumbing industry it is a very competitive industry to be in but a lot of money can be mad if you work hard. My boss worked hard and he was great
Nor Recommended
Not Disclosed (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXApril 5, 2017
Unfortunately, Morrison Supply was not a very good work environment and the management was poor as their efforts to lead was flawed and misguided. Turnover was also a concern within the organization.
Pros
Compensation
Cons
Difficult work environment
good stedy job
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Lubbock, TXJanuary 26, 2017
It is a nice laid back steady paced job, with friendly employee's who make you feel at home. The occasional cook outs and other company activities are a great moral booster.
Competitive
Builder Sales (Former Employee) –  Ft. Worth, TXJanuary 2, 2017
I enjoyed working with Morrison Supply. It was a fast paced environment and I learned alot about the custom home building industry.
Poor Upper Management
Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  ShreveportSeptember 26, 2016
Hired in July fired in March. Zero help the whole time I was employed until late the last month. Walked into store as branch manager found over 100,000.00 dolars.worth of inventory missing was targeted by regional manager immediately. Took him 9 months to figure out a way to terminate me. Upper management realized he was unstable after my dismissal. Sad situation for all.
Benefits
Cons
Poor managenent in the field
Office Manager
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Abilene, TXJune 27, 2016
Oversaw and maintained efficient acccount management, customer service and monetary tranactions. I took care of the money drawer.
Cons
Had trouble get raises that were promise