Morrow County Hospital Employee Reviews

poor place to work
LPN Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  OHJuly 30, 2018
Management plays favorites Unable to voice opinions about issues management always right. haha Always expected to follow what ever management said.
Pros
close to home
Cons
everything
Do not work here!
Staff (Former Employee) –  OhioJuly 4, 2018
Horrible experience! Management was not trustworthy & did not listen to employee feedback. There is no opportunity for advancement & employees are not encouraged to suggest improvements or updates.
The staff here genuinely care about their patients.
Director of Pharmacy (Current Employee) –  Mount Gilead, OHJune 19, 2018
The staff at Morrow County Hospital keep the patient at the center of everything they do. The patient base is made up of mostly elderly, local people who appreciate the care they receive here.
Pros
good hours
Cons
too many meetings
Fun workplace and a great team of workers
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Mount Gilead, OHMay 4, 2018
Really enjoyed my job. And meeting new people. I enjoy cleaning. And loved the shift I was working. I took pride in my work to make this hospital a nice and clean facility
Small hospitals are the best!
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Mount Gilead, OHApril 26, 2018
MCH is a very small facility, and the pay is a bit lower than can be found elsewhere for many positions, but the staff is wonderful! Everyone works together and it doesn't take long to build a rapport with everyone. Most of the folks working at MCH also live in the area. You get to know many of the patients on a first-name basis, as they also get to know you. Though I do not necessarily feel that I have many advancement opportunities, I do know that I have job security.
Pros
great coworkers, autonomy, close to home, county retirement benefits, many opportunities to learn something new
Cons
pay scale not quite comparable with other facilities
Great entry level Athletic training position
Head Athletic Trainer NHS MGHS (Former Employee) –  Mt. Gilead, OHApril 13, 2018
Great place to work, good people, and willing to work with your schedule as much is allowable. not much room for advancement, however pay increase was very good, from 2-4% annually. in the Athletic Training field you can feel pressured to work more clinic hours than is required. work life balance suffered due to contract/money constraints for hiring additional Athletic Trainers.
Pros
Great People, Great Pay
Cons
long days at times, and not much advancement oppurtunity
Morrow County
Registered Nurse on Medical Surgical (Former Employee) –  Mount Gilead, OHMarch 23, 2018
Morrow County is a great place to work, especially as a new nurse. Pay is quite a bit lower than other hospitals. Very friendly staff and physicians. Great environment for learning!
Friendly co-workers
Nurse Analyst (Former Employee) –  Mount Gilead, OHFebruary 27, 2018
Great place with friendly co-workers. Chances for community involvement. Frequently changing staff and management. Salary is not competitive. Public retirement system is not enough to be competitive with wages.
Pros
great co-workers
Cons
frequently changing staff and management
Great place
STNA (Current Employee) –  Mount Gilead, OHNovember 11, 2017
This hospital is a great place for a new aid wanting hospital experience. we are small enough, but yet you gain so much experience. nurses are great and everyone is willing to help or teach (within the scope)
Small town friendly hospital
Respiratory Therapist (Former Employee) –  Mount Gilead, OHOctober 22, 2017
Friendly slow paced work environment. Below average salary. Excellent retirement benefits if full-time employee. Management team and physicians friendly and accessible.
Pros
Retirement Benefits
Cons
Salary
Enjoyable place to work
Patient Access Representative (Former Employee) –  Mount Gilead, OHOctober 18, 2017
I enjoyed my employment with MCH and if I had not relocated to another state I would not have left. I had an excellent manager and the medical staff I worked with was the best! My co-workers were excellent with my training and made the environment very low stress.
Pros
Cafeteria has excellent food, great training
Cons
need to be full time to have any real benefits
Very good place to work
RRT/RPSGT (Current Employee) –  Mount Gilead, OHSeptember 30, 2017
Great place to work. Small hospital means that it is very hard to advance in your field. My boss is wonderful, I would not leave to do a job I am already doing. I would only leave for a job advancement.
Pros
Good management
Cons
Lack of advancement
Relaxed pace with friendly environemnt
Radiologic Technologist (Current Employee) –  Mount Gilead, OHSeptember 6, 2017
Very relaxed rural healthcare facility, with a steady work pace. I worked as a pier diem, filling in when needed. They were always willing to work with my schedule and give me as many hours as I can.
Under paid
Patient Access Representative (Current Employee) –  Mount Gilead, OHMay 16, 2017
The only positive benefits from this company is the OPERS retirement, the pay is way below the average for all positions. Scheduling is inconsistent with what was promised.
Pros
co workers are great
Cons
expensive healthcare coverage, pay is extremely low
The employees are great!!
ED Tech (Current Employee) –  Mount Gilead, OHApril 18, 2017
Great place to work. Twelve hour shifts. Good work environment, friendly employees. Everyday it's something different. Lots of time spent answering the phone and making calls
Provide good and educated health care to the community.
Radiologic Technologist (Former Employee) –  Mount Gilead, OHFebruary 12, 2017
The experience and interpersonal skills learned at MCH will continue to make me a better and stronger employee for years to come. After working at MCH, I appreciate my current job and education even more.
nurse
ER nurse (RN) (Current Employee) –  ohioJuly 14, 2015
ER nurse, triage,admission asesemnts and pt education. Trauma and rapid responses and other medical emergencies. PALS, ACLS withh in 6 months.
this was just a clinical
phlebotomy tech (Former Employee) –  Mount Gilead, OHMarch 2, 2015
this was a clinical experience for my phlebotomy course.I do not and have not work at morrow county hospital....This was just an experience
This was a clinical experience while attending college
Physical therapist assistant student. (Former Employee) –  Mount Gilead, OHJanuary 31, 2014
Great place to have experienced. I was only at this facility for 8 weeks for a rotation. Had many great experiences with staff and residents.
Loved working here
ER Registration Clerk (Former Employee) –  Mount Gilead, OHAugust 23, 2013
Excellent place to work with flexible scheduling when you talk to the manager and decent pay.