Mortgage Bankers Field Services Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
Work-Life BalancePay & BenefitsJob Security & AdvancementManagementCulture
Not really worth the pay
Inspector (Current Employee) –  OhioApril 17, 2018
This job is great in that it allows you to work kind of at your own pace, set your own schedule, and you don't have to deal with people too much. You'll get to see parts of where you live that you never knew existed, and get to go inside all types of houses. It's very interesting work. The problem is that the pay is really not worth the travel or the headache of some jobs. You get paid per house that you do, and it's a fairly small amount, which is why they require you have a vehicle that gets good gas mileage. Not only is the pay kind of iffy, but when you get paid is horrible. It takes you about 6 weeks to get paid for any work you do. So if you supposedly make $100 on January 1st, you will not get that $100 until February 20th. I wouldn't mind the pay as a nice side job if it didn't take 6 weeks to get paid.

Also, to go along with the low pay and the terrible pay schedule, you aren't compensated for anything. There is no vehicle allowance or mileage pay. You're paid five dollars per house, and you spend half of that just on gas to get to each house.
Pros
Make your own schedule, laid back, clients aren't too difficult to deal with, getting to see different types of houses and neighborhoods
Cons
pay schedule
Flexible company with caring staff
Inspector (Current Employee) –  NCMay 21, 2017
Cases are sent through an app on your cell phone and work is performed by the specifics on the order. Usually the time line to complete assignments are reasonable and staff really work with you to get them done on time and efficiently.
90% independent work, lots of travel
Independent Contractor / Property Inspector (Current Employee) –  Central ILDecember 4, 2013
I route job orders and drive up to 200 miles in a day. Other than the gas expense, it's a decent job. I see a lot of different places and types of homes.
great company to work for
Home Inspector (Current Employee) –  Kansas CityMarch 15, 2013
I love my job
great hours
great comunication with all members with
Pros
i set my own hours
Cons
not enough work