Morton Buildings, Inc. Employee Reviews

Boring workplace with no job security
Recruiting Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Morton, ILNovember 12, 2018
I worked for Morton Buildings through an agency. I was told it was 6 months to direct hire, but once my supervisor left for a better position with a different company things changed quickly. The company began firing people left and right and they continuously kept changing their mind on making me company. One week I received great reviews and told I was an asset to the company, but the following week I received bad reviews that weren't even true. They do not go on your work productivity, but on the gossip from others. Do NOT ever take a job with them unless you are directly hired on. They also hire interns to do their grunt work rather than actually training them in the field they are studying for. That caused one of our interns mind to change on the field she was pursuing in college. I did not enjoy the work place at all. It was boring, repetitive and the people there aren't very friendly. There were only a select few I liked. You are easily disposable to this company.
Pros
Free coffee
Cons
Rude executives, easily disposable, reviews not based on your work production/attendance, awful raises, uncomfortable work environment
Good company
Construction Labor Worker (Former Employee) –  MissouriOctober 19, 2018
We had to be the best company for building buildings . They had great benefits. And I learned a lot from them. They had some friendly people working there.
Pros
Good benefits and learn how to build good buildings
Cons
The hours we were always gone from home
Best benefits but long hours
Leadman/Foreman (Former Employee) –  Spring, TXOctober 9, 2018
I accumulated a total of 5 1/2 years working there over an 8 year period and it was fantastic benefits and bonuses when achieved but the hours about killed me. The crew was one of the funnest crews i have worked with.
Pros
Money and benefits
Cons
Hours and away from home too much
Wonderful Working environment
Data Analyst (Former Employee) –  Morton, ILOctober 3, 2018
Morton has great working environment for interns and the managers are friendly to help. I learned to work with people from different background and how to communicate with them.
Good People
Area Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Garden City, ALAugust 22, 2018
High call volume for sales.
This job is what you make it, so if you are in it is great.
Kevin is the best manager I have every known!
The culture is competitive, sometimes production is distant from sales.
Pros
Great Product, Good co-workers, No micro-managers.
Cons
Pay scale is complex and changing.
Very stressful, dangerous underpaid work.
Truss assembler (Former Employee) –  Kenton, OHAugust 20, 2018
I did not enjoy this jibe when working it as far as the management went around the time I was employed. I was working very long hot days with very little PPE. Along with not enough workers on the truss table to assemble the needed trusses.
Awesome place to work
Engineering Research and Development Intern (Former Employee) –  Morton, ILAugust 16, 2018
Working at Morton was a true pleasure, every day I learned something new. I worked in the research and development department and got to apply what I learned in the classroom.
Pros
flexible with times off
Cons
not enough work, sometimes I was bored.
It is a great place to work
Construction center administer (Current Employee) –  Idaho Falls, IDAugust 14, 2018
It is a Fun and interesting place to work. Morton buildings build great buildings. They only use the best quality materials. Their crews are outstanding! Work hard and are away from their families a lot.
Long days, not enough home life
Construction Worker (Former Employee) –  Wabash, INAugust 10, 2018
Worked at Morton for 2 days as construction crew. The foreman I had will scold you over something as simple as a question or not being quick enough. During lunch you get to eat in the truck or out in the sun, and it’s always hot. It doesn’t matter how hot you are or if you need a drink, you better be working.
Pros
Pay was decent
Cons
One break, high stress, 12 hour days
Steady work place judt
Supervisor Shipping and Receiving (Former Employee) –  Morton, ILJuly 31, 2018
Just be on time and do your best try to do better listen to your lead men and bosses if you see a better way to do something bring it up to your fellow employees or your supervisor
Pros
Steady work
Great Company
Crewman (Former Employee) –  Scottsbluff, NEJuly 24, 2018
Absolutely loved my time at Morton Buildings. Management seems to actually care about you, great room for advancement if you're motivated. Well compensated for your work with amazing benefits.
Secretary/Receptionist
Secretary/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Winfield, KS 67156July 24, 2018
This was a great family type atmosphere. I was alone in the office most of the time, but greatly enjoyed this job for over 9 years. I had really good managers and salesman to work with.
Pros
Family like support
Cons
Low wages and not on computers
Managment in flux and culture has changed
Purchasing/Commodities Buyer (Former Employee) –  Morton, ILJuly 17, 2018
When I started their the work culture was very friendly and professional. Had the atmosphere of a small family owned business.Many employees had been there over twenty or more years. Now with the constant change in management and executive positions it is much less employee friendly and more bottom line focused.
Fast paced. Hard work.
Carpenter (Current Employee) –  Palmyra, MIJuly 15, 2018
Its a good place to work. If you like long hours in the sun with decent pay and benefits. They have a training program for new hires. Can transfer to other areas.
Pros
Always working
Cons
Always working
Great Place to Learn
Leadman (Former Employee) –  Dodgeville, WIJune 20, 2018
I came to this company with little experience and didn't know if i was cut out for it. My foreman and lead-man re insured me that i would do fine and they would teach me everything i needed to know. 2 years later i needed up becoming a lead-man. I would still work for this company if i didn't move away from the area.
Need better and qualified management
Plant Manager (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, KSMay 31, 2018
Working outside all year no matter how cold it was. I learned how to become a great manager. Workplace culture is dirty. Meeting the timeline for shipping. Becoming a Plant Manager in Kansas.
Pros
Advancement
Cons
work environment
Administrative assistant
Aministrative assistant (Former Employee) –  McKinney, TXMay 13, 2018
I enjoyed the job but the environment was not always too healthy as I worked with construction men and some of the men were hard to work with and felt like I was demeaned at times
Na
CORPORATE CUSTOMER CONCERN SPECIALISTS (Current Employee) –  Morton, ILMay 7, 2018
The company is good to work for. They have had some management changes which have come with new challenges. They are currently employee owned and seem to care about their employees.
Do not work here.
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  New Braunfels, TXApril 20, 2018
Unless this company has let go of everyone who used to work there and has gotten a stronger foothold in the industry in Texas, you will spend the rest of your time working here on jobs in OK, KS, and NB.
perfect for a single man who doesnt have a life
Leadman (Former Employee) –  Three Rivers, MIApril 12, 2018
if you like to work 60-70 hrs a week with a boss that could care less about you then its perfect. I tried to move up but its just not possible unless someone dies or quits. There is a reason why there are more negative reviews than positive .
Pros
working outside
Cons
everything else

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Morton Buildings, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Ratings from women

2.1InHerSight Score

1.9Personal Development

2.5Career Opportunities

1.9Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight