Morton Buildings, Inc. Employee Reviews

Good People
Area Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Garden City, ALAugust 22, 2018
High call volume for sales.
This job is what you make it, so if you are in it is great.
Kevin is the best manager I have every known!
The culture is competitive, sometimes production is distant from sales.
Pros
Great Product, Good co-workers, No micro-managers.
Cons
Pay scale is complex and changing.
Very stressful, dangerous underpaid work.
Truss assembler (Former Employee) –  Kenton, OHAugust 20, 2018
I did not enjoy this jibe when working it as far as the management went around the time I was employed. I was working very long hot days with very little PPE. Along with not enough workers on the truss table to assemble the needed trusses.
It is a great place to work
Construction center administer (Current Employee) –  Idaho Falls, IDAugust 14, 2018
It is a Fun and interesting place to work. Morton buildings build great buildings. They only use the best quality materials. Their crews are outstanding! Work hard and are away from their families a lot.
Long days, not enough home life
Construction Worker (Former Employee) –  Wabash, INAugust 10, 2018
Worked at Morton for 2 days as construction crew. The foreman I had will scold you over something as simple as a question or not being quick enough. During lunch you get to eat in the truck or out in the sun, and it’s always hot. It doesn’t matter how hot you are or if you need a drink, you better be working.
Pros
Pay was decent
Cons
One break, high stress, 12 hour days
Steady work place judt
Supervisor Shipping and Receiving (Former Employee) –  Morton, ILJuly 31, 2018
Just be on time and do your best try to do better listen to your lead men and bosses if you see a better way to do something bring it up to your fellow employees or your supervisor
Pros
Steady work
Great Company
Crewman (Former Employee) –  Scottsbluff, NEJuly 24, 2018
Absolutely loved my time at Morton Buildings. Management seems to actually care about you, great room for advancement if you're motivated. Well compensated for your work with amazing benefits.
Secretary/Receptionist
Secretary/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Winfield, KS 67156July 24, 2018
This was a great family type atmosphere. I was alone in the office most of the time, but greatly enjoyed this job for over 9 years. I had really good managers and salesman to work with.
Pros
Family like support
Cons
Low wages and not on computers
Managment in flux and culture has changed
Purchasing/Commodities Buyer (Former Employee) –  Morton, ILJuly 17, 2018
When I started their the work culture was very friendly and professional. Had the atmosphere of a small family owned business.Many employees had been there over twenty or more years. Now with the constant change in management and executive positions it is much less employee friendly and more bottom line focused.
Fast paced. Hard work.
Carpenter (Current Employee) –  Palmyra, MIJuly 15, 2018
Its a good place to work. If you like long hours in the sun with decent pay and benefits. They have a training program for new hires. Can transfer to other areas.
Pros
Always working
Cons
Always working
Great Place to Learn
Leadman (Former Employee) –  Dodgeville, WIJune 20, 2018
I came to this company with little experience and didn't know if i was cut out for it. My foreman and lead-man re insured me that i would do fine and they would teach me everything i needed to know. 2 years later i needed up becoming a lead-man. I would still work for this company if i didn't move away from the area.
Need better and qualified management
Plant Manager (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, KSMay 31, 2018
Working outside all year no matter how cold it was. I learned how to become a great manager. Workplace culture is dirty. Meeting the timeline for shipping. Becoming a Plant Manager in Kansas.
Pros
Advancement
Cons
work environment
Administrative assistant
Aministrative assistant (Former Employee) –  McKinney, TXMay 13, 2018
I enjoyed the job but the environment was not always too healthy as I worked with construction men and some of the men were hard to work with and felt like I was demeaned at times
Na
CORPORATE CUSTOMER CONCERN SPECIALISTS (Current Employee) –  Morton, ILMay 7, 2018
The company is good to work for. They have had some management changes which have come with new challenges. They are currently employee owned and seem to care about their employees.
Do not work here.
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  New Braunfels, TXApril 20, 2018
Unless this company has let go of everyone who used to work there and has gotten a stronger foothold in the industry in Texas, you will spend the rest of your time working here on jobs in OK, KS, and NB.
perfect for a single man who doesnt have a life
Leadman (Former Employee) –  Three Rivers, MIApril 12, 2018
if you like to work 60-70 hrs a week with a boss that could care less about you then its perfect. I tried to move up but its just not possible unless someone dies or quits. There is a reason why there are more negative reviews than positive .
Pros
working outside
Cons
everything else
Very Good Company to work at
Plant Manager (Former Employee) –  Winfield, KSMarch 22, 2018
Very Good Company to work at. Learned a great deal about the industry. Extremely satisfying place to work, as able to see accomplishments an be recognized for them.
Fast paced job but pays you for it
Leadman (Current Employee) –  WTertown sdMarch 11, 2018
Enjoy working at mortons, has provided me a way to earn a great living. It does require some long hours and traveling. Great place to start young and advance.
Forklift driver/trailer loader
Forklift Driver (Former Employee) –  Morton, ILFebruary 9, 2018
It was a relaxed job that gets busy in the afternoon. I learned how load trailers and the dynamics of it. It slows down for the winter, but in the summer its a challenge.
Pros
relaxed atmosphere
Cons
outside work, exposed to the elements
Competitive and fast-paced work environment
Crew Foreman (Former Employee) –  Amarillo, TXFebruary 5, 2018
It is hard work but very enjoyable and the compensation is well worth it. The company has various nation and region-wide competitions in production, volume, safety, etc.
Family Oriented with a Great Future
Marketing Department (Current Employee) –  Morton, ILJanuary 22, 2018
I have been with Morton for 12 years and I don't plan on leaving. The management team does a great job listening to your ideas and trying new things to help keep the company as the industry leader. Morton has always provided for me and my family and that makes me want to work even harder. If you are willing to put in the time and effort they will always give back. I recommend Morton to everyone I meet if I feel they are willing to work hard.
Pros
Team Oriented Environment, Great Benefits, Employee Owned, Collaborative Team Atmosphere, and Competitive Wages.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Morton Buildings, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score
2.1

1.9Personal Development

2.5Career Opportunities

1.9Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight