Morton Hospital Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Learned a lot
Nutrition Intern (Former Employee) –  Taunton, MAApril 10, 2018
Excellent staff and learned a lot. Great intern experience and had a lot of time to work as a team. Would highly recommend working there. Great overall experience
Pros
managent
I went to work primarily in the evenings and worked in all phases of the clinical lab.
Medical Technologist (Former Employee) –  Taunton, MAMarch 7, 2018
The environment was problematic with certain employees who had been there too long and were constant complainers. On the flip side of the coin however, there were many good times with other associates who were very friendly and cooperative.
They Suck
Hardware Implementation Specialist (Former Employee) –  Taunton, MAJanuary 24, 2018
It was a temp job, I would not recommend anyone work here, it was an ok job, thank you. I'm tired of filling out reviews, I just want to see the jobs. OMG
Good work environment, Helpful and friendly staff..
ER Tech (Former Employee) –  Taunton, MADecember 8, 2017
I was Secretary in ED working in admissions. Limited job advancement as was there for short period of time.Fast paced, environment. Was at computer all shift.. I needed something more. It was then I decided I would like to go into Nursing,,
Pros
Helped me with my career choice in nursing..
Cons
I needed more interaction with people.
Can be very stressful
Registered Nurse (RN) (Current Employee) –  Taunton, MAJuly 30, 2017
People I work with are wonderful, but workers feel very stressed out due to high volume of patients and load of work. Management constantly trying to keep floor at max capacity and as soon as discharges leave, admissions are sent up. RN's frequently do not get to take breaks and continuously feel stressed out due to pressure on floor.
Pros
Great team of RNs and staff
Cons
Stressful
fast paced busy hospital
Certified Nurse's Assistant(CNA) (Current Employee) –  Taunton, MAJuly 24, 2017
I enjoyed working here. coworkers worked together to help each other out. Patient ratios were fair and balanced work load was evenly divided amongst nurses and aides on
Pros
freee parking
Productive and great work environment
Laboratory Clerk (Current Employee) –  Fall River, MAJune 28, 2017
Staff was great and worked as a team. Great work environment and learned a lot while working here. Everyone was open to teaching and learning as a team.
Morton Hospital
Hospital Admission Clerk (Current Employee) –  Taunton, MAMarch 31, 2017
Morton Hospital is understaffed. In the Emergency Room, there seems to always be a wait due to the lack of individuals working. The protocols always seem to be changing without notification. Very unprofessional environment.
Great Place to Work
Registered Nurse, Medical Surgical (Former Employee) –  Taunton, MAMarch 11, 2017
Great place for a new nurse to get their feet wet. This is the perfect first hospital position - the management is caring and supportive and scheduled appropriately
productive working environment
OPERATING ROOM SCHEDULER (Former Employee) –  Taunton, MAFebruary 20, 2017
I have to say I love Morton Hospital. It is a positive environment to work. The staff is extremely warm and friendly. The Staff work well together and take pride in caring for their patients.
Pros
patient satisfaction
Cons
Availablility on off shifts, weekends mandatory
3pm-11pm Charge nurse, Circulating nurse (Former Employee) –  Taunton, MAFebruary 15, 2017
Typical health care professional lifestyle/schedule for weekends, off shifts, and holidays. Opportuniies for professional training and growth
Great people in the department.
Public Safety Officer (Current Employee) –  Taunton, MAOctober 14, 2016
The department has great people, and they all work well together. Hospital management take advantage of the department frequently forcing security to work outside of the job description because of understaffing in the medical departments.
Wish I could be more positive but I cannot....
Emergency Department Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Taunton, MASeptember 5, 2016
Worked as an ER nurse for over 7 yrs at Morton. When sold to Steward, many changes took place but notably the decrease in supplies snd staff necessary to do work in the department. The morale of the staff was low, short staffed alot of the time with 4 to 6 heavy patients given to one nurse. With these numbers, mistakes could be EASILY made and nurses cant be expected to give the patients the care they deserve. The pay was good, especially those nurses with 10+ yrs experience. Unfortunately, people did not work as a team and that is disheartning as in an ER, you need your coworkers to back you especially in critical situations. Wish I had more positive to say but I just do not.
Pros
Pay was excellent for staff level nursing, free parking, good ER doctors
Cons
Nursing staff not working as a team, staffing problems, ie not enough licensed or ancillary staff in the ER, too many patients to one nurse, lack of supplies, lack of fairness and respect from management and also coworkers towards each other
REGISTERED RESPIRATORY THERAPIST\ POLYSOMNOGRAPHER (Former Employee) –  Taunton, MAJune 21, 2015
Some unfavorable changes do to new owners.
I liked working in the sleep lab it was knew. When the new corporation bought 10 hospitals they ended up with too many sleep labs. Some had to be eliminated.
Pros
Friendly coworkers
Cons
Layoff
Official response from Morton Hospital
July 30, 2015

The sleep lab is growing in volume and there are opportunities for polysomnographers at Morton! We hope you will consider re-applying. The Hospital is doing great and growing with a new Emergency Department coming this September!

I love the people and respect I received at Morton.
LPN-Occasional Workforce, nurse floating (Current Employee) –  Taunton, MADecember 23, 2014
I have worked in this facility for eight years and loved my job. The people, level of practice, and overall culture are what I loved about it.
I actually used to constantly tell management how grateful I was to work here. Unfortunately the Steward group has decided to eliminate LPNs all together.
Pros
people, level of practice, pay
Cons
staffing, being laid off/elimination of LPNs
A great place with great people
Phlebotomist Intern (Former Employee) –  Taunton, MADecember 22, 2014
I had the best work experience at Morton Hospital. I could not have asked for more friendly people to help me with my journey.
Pros
Great people
Switchboard Operator (Current Employee) –  Taunton, MAOctober 14, 2014
This hospital is on the wave of advancement. They have a great work environment and strong team work skills which just makes life at work all that much better.
Externship
Medical Assistant/Externship (Current Employee) –  Taunton, MAJuly 8, 2014
Morton Hospital is an award winning hospital. I got the privilege to do my 180 hour of externship at Morton. The staff was willing to help me with anything that I needed. I learned a lot on a typical day you check vitals, help patients get changed into a Johnny. Help the Dr. with any procedures that needs to be preformed on the patients. I enjoyed working with all the patients and their families.
Pros
Enjoyed meeting new patients eveyday. Learning new things.
Cons
On your feet all day.
PACU full of kind hearted and fun experienced nurses
Nursing Precptorship (Former Employee) –  Taunton, MAMay 28, 2014
I had the honor of being placed in the PACU at Morton Hospital for my Nursing Preceptorship my senior year at Curry College. I had an excellent preceptor who kept me engaged and excited every shift. I would take patients into the pre-op area and complete their paperwork and assessments before they were taken to the OR. I would also have shifts in the acute PACU with patients who have come out of long operation procedures like hip replacements and thorcaic surgeries. I would be in charge of completing their charts, administrating pain medications and communicating with the nursing team. We also had a progressive PACU which served for patients who had come in for endoscopy and colonoscopy procedures.
Pros
positive work environment
Cons
slow weekends
up and down short staffed
Environmental Services (Current Employee) –  Taunton, MAMay 26, 2014
clean clean clean.co workers are good people and hard working.
Pros
good boss
Cons
short staffed most days, pays not great at all for all the hustling around.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Morton Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.

Morton Hospital Reviews by Location