Mosaic Employee Reviews

Please close your doors
Direct Support Professional (Former Employee) –  Winfield, KSAugust 16, 2019
Absolutely the worse poorly ran company ever. Mangement is a joke and are more interested in playing doodle bop on their iphone than caring about the people. Be careful who u talk to while there.. Co workers are quick to throw others under tbe bus to save their own job. If you want to be miserable and taken advantage of and threatened daily please apply at mosiac. Clients are constantly calling DCF to report neglect mi
Two faced management
Direct Support Professional (Former Employee) –  Des Moines, IAAugust 1, 2019
The management is totally fake. They pretend like they care about you and your career, but then they turn their back on you, treating you like some has been!

Not enough staff, which results in not having enough staff to do meaningful activities with the clients, then you get in trouble for not getting them out of the house. This also results in staff putting in no less than 60 hours a week, with managers getting angry whenever someone says noto extra hours.
Great challenges ahead
Talent Sourcer (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NEJuly 25, 2019
Mosaic is doing great work during a tough time to fund programs likes these. Many other providers are having struggles and closing their doors, yet Mosaic and a few other large providers in the field continue to grow.

What I like about here is the variety in my work daily. I don't work with the people in service every day, however; I have been able to connect and visit with folks along with making a difference in their lives, even if it is indirectly.

I have made many good friends here and after 5 years I continue to enjoy the work I am doing and seeing a lot of great people who are interested in joining the organization.
Mistake
Direct Support (Former Employee) –  Fremont, NEJune 7, 2019
It is a mistake to work there, and a mistake to let your family member be taken care of there. Horrible management, horrible business practices, horrible attitudes. Hired to work as a CNA and Med-Aide, paid as a helper. They actually ordered me to disobey the Doctor's orders, and then wrote me up when I refused.
June 13, 2019

Thanks for your comment! We take the safety and health of the individuals we support very seriously. Part of our commitment to the people we serve includes an open communication policy that helps people report issues and seek guidance.

All employees, volunteers, contractors, vendors and other interested parties may contact the compliance department using the following methods. Can you please email compliance@mosaicinfo.org or call our confidential reporting hotline at 800-443-4899 with more details so we can address your concerns? If you choose, you can report anonymously.

Learn more about our compliance practices at www.mosaicinfo.org/compliance.

Run, run fast. don't work here! Save your mental health.
rather not say (Former Employee) –  San Angelo, TXApril 30, 2019
A typical day at work consisted of assisting the individuals with daily living tasks. They are the only reason to work for this company. The management is non-supportive, rude, high-school drama, micromanagement oriented, and will throw you under the bus in a heartbeat. How about training and empowering your people, not ignoring them and then writing everyone up for what they don't know. This place is a mess. Don't waste your time. This ship is sinking.
Pros
the Individuals
Cons
literally everything else
Don't apply, you'll regret it
Direct Support Associate (Former Employee) –  Liberal, KSMarch 19, 2019
The best thing about working at Mosaic would be the clients. Supervisors treat you like your a piece of trash, they never answer phone calls and act like they're in High school. They expect you to do miracles. They only focus on the bad things that your doing and talk down on you. Management is unprofessional. Save your time and apply somewhere else.
Management not supportive
DSA (Former Employee) –  Council Bluffs, IAMarch 3, 2019
Mosaic wouldn't be a bad place to work if management backed their employees. Employees felt as if they were thrown to the wolves and expected to fend for themselves. Employees felt as if they were doing the managers jobs. Certain employees were treated better than other employees. 1 staff in a hab home to 3-5 clients, things can get out of hand with one client that staff had to tend to. While the other clients felt as if staff didn't care for them because of their peers behaviors. When employees addressed issues to management. Employees were told "We will cross that bridge when it comes" or the issue would get put under the rug.
Pros
If you don't have experience, they will train you. Making a difference in clients lives. Supportive employees
Cons
Management, lack of communication, working so much that your not living your life
Great mission - no support at agency level - cut throat environment
CRO (Former Employee) –  San Antonio TexasOctober 24, 2018
The CRO or fundraising position is not supported at the local level. Focus is operations and the sustainable fundraising model is not important.
National office provides coaching support however at the local level there is no assistance offered thus making you feel insignificant & not important
Pros
flexibility-mission - the people Mosaic Serves
Cons
Constant changes - poor communication - lack of support for positiin at agency level - high turnover
Too stressful, not enough help
DSA and then DSS (Former Employee) –  Wright County, IASeptember 26, 2018
Not enough staff. Over worked and as a supervisor I was salary and did not make overtime, but was expected to work if I couldn't get anyone else to. Staff are used and over worked. Upper management and other supervisors talked about other staff when not around and did a lot of chatting in each others offices while others worked their butts off. The over all mission is great and the clients can be amazing. There are a lot of stressful situations that naturally occur from working with individuals with behavior issues and intellectual disabilities, but it can be very rewarding. I was promised hourly pay when I took the position and after a year of still being salary while working 90 to 120 hours every 2 weeks I had to quit. Everything ran downhill to me. Anytime something was changed last minute by my supervisor it was up to me to relay the in information, even if I had the day off and was at home. I was asked to keep my calendar up to date so my supervisor, among others would know where I was and if I had a day off as my schedule changed frequently. No one seemed to look at it but me. Not worth it!
Pros
Benefits, clients, DSAs
Cons
Management, work load, no time off, gossip
Love the clients and thats where the good stops
Direct Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Belmond, IASeptember 12, 2018
I worked at mosaic in wright county for a little over a year. I took a 5$ pay cut to work at mosaic but did not care its the work i love. All started out good when i was a dsa and then i took a team lead role and that was a turn for the worst. You never really understand the politics and the high school feel of manangment. If you dont suck up and be there yes boy you are talked down to and treaded sub par. I stood up for my self and was bashed for it through the company. Its like a popularity contest that i was not willing to be a part of. I was there to help and provide the best life possible for people with I.D. After a year or so i couldent take it anymore and decided to part ways with mosaic. I emailed in my resignation letter and no one replied or even acknowledged that i had quit. I herd from my staff that all the other manangment were talking about it but no one said a word to me and watched me walk out the door. Would NOT ever tell anyone to work for mosaic at all!!!
Pros
Clients are amazing
Cons
Manangment is a bunch of high school filled drama queens
No empathy for employees
Management (Former Employee) –  NORIASeptember 10, 2018
Please check out the locations. I have no doubt some areas may be good,however, the Wright County and Forest City Iowa areas are a disaster!! Do not work for them until they get their act together. Unfortunate as the overall mission is fantastic. National office needs a reality check on what is really happening in these areas!!
Benefits
Cons
Lack of empathy; organization cares about bottome dollar not employees;
Staffing Issues
Teacher (Former Employee) –  San Angelo, TXAugust 18, 2018
The lack of staff creates a stressful environment for the employees, Working 9-10 hour days with no lunch breaks or restroom breaks, No classroom training for the staff and lack of good management. No appropriate classroom supplies or lesson materials. Management treats staff awful. I would never send my child to this day care center.
Pros
The children are sweet!
Cons
No lunches, no breaks, little pay, awful management and no incentives to come to work
Don't work here . Stressful
DSP (Direct Support Professional) (Former Employee) –  Rockford, ILMay 8, 2018
Do not work for them . Extremely stressful. They treat there employees horribly. The use and abuse people . Office is not professional. They all are dishonest and will give you the run around .
Pros
Awesome individuals
Cons
Stressful, use and abuse . Dishonest authority . High turn over rate.
Wonderful place to work - feels like family
Community Relations Officer (Current Employee) –  Beatrice, NEMarch 29, 2018
I have worked in Beatrice, NE for almost two years and already feel like part of a family here. Wonderful co-workers with an excellent leadership team. Thank you Mosaic for developing my skills as a professional!
Pros
Family atmosphere, great leadership, opportunities for advancement
Cons
NONE! Love this place!
April 2, 2018

Thanks for sharing! We appreciate all you do for the individuals we serve!

I loved working for Mosaic
Direct Support Staff (Former Employee) –  San Angelo, TXFebruary 5, 2018
Working for Mosaic was an awesome experience for me. Although it was very fast paced I enjoyed advocating for and helping my individuals my dsm was awesome can’t say the same for the case manager she was rude to clients as well as staff. A few of the case managers in the office were this way but the rest of the management was awesome
Pros
Clients, management
Cons
Long work days
Easee is owned and operated by Mosaic
Customer Care Associate (Former Employee) –  Cañon City, COJanuary 25, 2018
Worked for Easee, which is owned by Mosaic. Would not recommend employment with Easee. Management is awful......extremely cut throat. However Mosaic's Management seemed to be good. With that being said, they should really take a long look at the management within Easee. I am one three people to leave Easee due to the management Mosaic has in place. Would go back in a heartbeat if Mosaic would clean up their management team.
The mission is good.
rather not say (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEJanuary 23, 2018
The mission is good. the management is back stabbing. Sr. leadership at NATHQ make unbelievable salaries and do nothing. The CEO does not have a clue about business and believes you are a "good manager if you know how to fire someone". Decisions are made based on emotion and not the facts. If you don't agree with her, you are marked, and you will be let go.
Pros
the people served
Cons
Inexperienced leadership
Good learning experience, other cons
Direct Support Professional (Former Employee) –  Pontiac, ILDecember 22, 2017
I really enjoyed working with the individuals I cared for. They will hire you with no experience and train you properly. However, you basically learn a few skills short of a CNA and get low pay. My house manager was great. I was fortunate to have her. Other employees of other houses were not so fortunate. She was very kind and worked hard to be a problem solver the best they would let her. "They" would be the upper management in the office. While I am sure their jobs aren't easy, they make snap decisions about the individuals and the individuals money and they have no idea what is going on in the home. However, spending time with the individuals is great. Hard work, but great.
Pros
Great individuals, no experience required
Cons
Low pay, not good upper management, lack of appreciation from management
Very poor management
DSA (Current Employee) –  Osceola, IADecember 1, 2017
Management treats their employees awfully. They're rude and ignore phone calls when needed. I wouldn't apply here unless you want to be stressed about work 24/7 and want to work awful hours and always get bugged on your days off.
Pros
Clients.
Cons
Management, pay, benefits
I love this Company! Best non profit in Colorado!
Residential Program Manager (Current Employee) –  Northern ColoradoSeptember 26, 2017
Mosaic is such a great place. They treat employees fairly, compensate generously depending on your experience and education background and everyone is here for the same reason: to help people! I love walking into a job and having a feel of a positive environment. People support each other, people are down to earth and we work as a team. Many of the other PASA agencies in Colorado are aggressive for profit agencies and focus on the revenue and are greedy, money hungry agencies. They don't provide what Mosaic provides and that is quality, compassionate people who want to help make the lives of our clients better. Mosaic is transparent and people respect that. We have high standards because we serve the most vulnerable population and they deserve only the best. Mosaic is focused number one on each client, their quality of life and making sure that they are living their life to the absolute fullest. Working for this non for profit has been such a blessing and am so glad to call this place home. Thank you Mosaic!

Also:
If a bunch of women can work together in a job with literally 2 men, and their is no drama, we support each other and build each other up, that tells you so much about an organization!
Pros
GREAT health insurance, best co-workers, no micromanaging, HR are super helpful and sweet.
Cons
Being a residential manager can be challenging but as long as you have the right supports, you will succeed.
September 29, 2017

Thanks for sharing! We appreciate all you do for Mosaic and the individuals we serve!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Mosaic. Our community is ready to answer.

2.3