Mosaic Employee Reviews

2.6
Ratings breakdown
Don't work here . Stressful
DSP (Direct Support Professional) (Former Employee) –  Rockford, ILMay 8, 2018
Do not work for them . Extremely stressful. They treat there employees horribly. The use and abuse people . Office is not professional. They all are dishonest and will give you the run around .
Pros
Awesome individuals
Cons
Stressful, use and abuse . Dishonest authority . High turn over rate.
Wonderful place to work - feels like family
Community Relations Officer (Current Employee) –  Beatrice, NEMarch 29, 2018
I have worked in Beatrice, NE for almost two years and already feel like part of a family here. Wonderful co-workers with an excellent leadership team. Thank you Mosaic for developing my skills as a professional!
Pros
Family atmosphere, great leadership, opportunities for advancement
Cons
NONE! Love this place!
April 2, 2018

Thanks for sharing! We appreciate all you do for the individuals we serve!

I loved working for Mosaic
Direct Support Staff (Former Employee) –  San Angelo, TXFebruary 5, 2018
Working for Mosaic was an awesome experience for me. Although it was very fast paced I enjoyed advocating for and helping my individuals my dsm was awesome can’t say the same for the case manager she was rude to clients as well as staff. A few of the case managers in the office were this way but the rest of the management was awesome
Pros
Clients, management
Cons
Long work days
The mission is good.
rather not say (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEJanuary 23, 2018
The mission is good. the management is back stabbing. Sr. leadership at NATHQ make unbelievable salaries and do nothing. The CEO does not have a clue about business and believes you are a "good manager if you know how to fire someone". Decisions are made based on emotion and not the facts. If you don't agree with her, you are marked, and you will be let go.
Pros
the people served
Cons
Inexperienced leadership
Good learning experience, other cons
Direct Support Professional (Former Employee) –  Pontiac, ILDecember 22, 2017
I really enjoyed working with the individuals I cared for. They will hire you with no experience and train you properly. However, you basically learn a few skills short of a CNA and get low pay. My house manager was great. I was fortunate to have her. Other employees of other houses were not so fortunate. She was very kind and worked hard to be a problem solver the best they would let her. "They" would be the upper management in the office. While I am sure their jobs aren't easy, they make snap decisions about the individuals and the individuals money and they have no idea what is going on in the home. However, spending time with the individuals is great. Hard work, but great.
Pros
Great individuals, no experience required
Cons
Low pay, not good upper management, lack of appreciation from management
Very poor management
DSA (Current Employee) –  Osceola, IADecember 1, 2017
Management treats their employees awfully. They're rude and ignore phone calls when needed. I wouldn't apply here unless you want to be stressed about work 24/7 and want to work awful hours and always get bugged on your days off.
Pros
Clients.
Cons
Management, pay, benefits
I love this Company! Best non profit in Colorado!
Residential Program Manager (Current Employee) –  Northern ColoradoSeptember 26, 2017
Mosaic is such a great place. They treat employees fairly, compensate generously depending on your experience and education background and everyone is here for the same reason: to help people! I love walking into a job and having a feel of a positive environment. People support each other, people are down to earth and we work as a team. Many of the other PASA agencies in Colorado are aggressive for profit agencies and focus on the revenue and are greedy, money hungry agencies. They don't provide what Mosaic provides and that is quality, compassionate people who want to help make the lives of our clients better. Mosaic is transparent and people respect that. We have high standards because we serve the most vulnerable population and they deserve only the best. Mosaic is focused number one on each client, their quality of life and making sure that they are living their life to the absolute fullest. Working for this non for profit has been such a blessing and am so glad to call this place home. Thank you Mosaic!

Also:
If a bunch of women can work together in a job with literally 2 men, and their is no drama, we support each other and build each other up, that tells you so much about an organization!
Pros
GREAT health insurance, best co-workers, no micromanaging, HR are super helpful and sweet.
Cons
Being a residential manager can be challenging but as long as you have the right supports, you will succeed.
September 29, 2017

Thanks for sharing! We appreciate all you do for Mosaic and the individuals we serve!

The worst place to work for
DSP (Direct Support Professional) (Current Employee) –  DelawareSeptember 15, 2017
Mosaic could be a great place to work for if they change upper management . support their employees and show us that they do appreciate what we do for them. I never worked for a job that is so stressful for a little pay also Dont get paid no holidays. All the hard work we put in I believe they can treat their staff better. Upper management sucks. They Dont do nothing but sit in the office. I love the individuals great staff and some managers are awesome but this place is the worst...
Good Experiences
Independent Contractor Program Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Grand Junction, COJuly 24, 2017
A typical day at work for me is BUSY. I multi-task on many different levels. It is all about building relationships with the people in service, co-workers, direct care and independent contractors! There is a lot of knowledge/experience at our agency. The ED has been with Mosaic for over 25 years. She is attentive and a great listener. The culture is warm/inviting. The most enjoyable part of my job is helping the people in service and watching them learn and grow as individuals. The hardest part of my job is the funding source for services and/or lack there of.
Pros
Fast and busy
July 25, 2017

Wow! Thanks so much for sharing and for all you do for Mosaic in Western Colorado and people with intellectual disabilities!

Only good thing about Mosaic is the residents
DSA (Former Employee) –  IllinoisJune 13, 2017
If I could, I'd give management, work life/balance and compensation no stars at all. You do not get paid enough to do the work we have to do every day. You work long hours, constantly doing something for little pay. Management completely sucks. They don't understand how hard the job is, they sit in their offices and do God knows what. The individuals are encouraged to try and be independent but Mosaic doesn't give them a chance. Also- injured on the job? Don't expect anything from them! This place is a joke.
Pros
Residents
Cons
Management, pay, short staffed, drama
Loved the job, hated the organization.
Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEJune 13, 2017
Upper management feel as if they are entitled to treating the staff however they want. They are mean, dishonest, and unreliable. They will throw you under the bus in a 2nd to take care of themselves. Most are in it for the money and not the clients.
Pros
Love the clients, love the work, fulfilling mission, and.... that is about it.
Cons
Upper management (associate director and above), lack of assistance, redundancy of work, changing policies without communicating first, no respect from upper management, no organization, and lack of competent staff.
Awesome experience horrible management
DSP (Direct Support Professional) (Current Employee) –  Bushnell, ILMay 13, 2017
I love what I do. I love the people I take care of. They are my world. Litteraly because I have no time for anything else. I love going to work everyday knowing I make a difference in people's lives. I love a lot of things about this job but the management and the higher up people not so much. It's like once they got promoted they forgot how hard it can be to work in this environment. You have no time to do anything except work. The hours are not normal hours. You are underpaid and undervalued. Working for Mosaic is an amazing job but you have to make sure you are mentally prepared for it. It will drain you fast. So before you apply make sure you can handle it. We have to many people come and go. The longer you stay the more likely the individuals are to get attached to you. So before you say yes to this think long and hard. I don't regret working here. I just wish things were different.
Pros
The people you help take care of will change your life forever.
Cons
Management. No communication skills in the office. Understaffed. Long hours.
Great Mission, Horrible National Office
TBD (Former Employee) –  rather not sayMay 11, 2017
staffing crisis, never knew if people were going to show up, direct care staff and managers working excessive hours sometimes doubles without rest. A lack of support from national even when asked.
Great mission, it is sad that they do not live it out at national office.

The best part about this agency is those they serve, the families, and the family of committed workers.
Pros
great families, individuals served, direct care workers, a family
Cons
national office is horrible, unhelpful, liars
Mosaic I love my job
Direct Support Associate (Current Employee) –  Ellsworth, KSMarch 22, 2017
I have worked for Mosaic for over a year now. I love my job, there are great people that work here and you work for. You do a worth wile job, you help people with intellectual disabilities live there lives and help them accomplish goals they never believed possible on there own. Just like any other job there are some things that are hard, taking care of someone else is no simple task but as long as we work together we have always been able to work threw anything that may come our way. Management is understanding about life situations and other staff always help cover a shift when needed with in reason. Management is always willing to hear and answer questions and concerns. No such thing as a stupid question has been said many times and it is true. Anyone’s opinions, concerns, and in site could help change a life for the better. Mosaic strives to help those they serve and help them have a full life. I am proud to say I work here and love my job and I hope some day you can too.
MOSAIC- "Embracing God's call to serve in the world, Mosaic advocates for people with intellectual disabilities and provides opportunities for them to enjoy a full life."
Pros
you get to make a difference in someone elses life no matter how big or small
Cons
can be stressful, and alot of hours but worth it
Great Clients, Terrible Management/environment
Direct Support Associate (Former Employee) –  Hastings, NEMarch 7, 2017
A typical day was unpredictable as these kind are, however this company has alot more issues you cant predict.On a daily I would have to come in early or stay late because coworkers weren't there. Training was pushed through and was honestly a joke, you learn everything after the fact. I left because management had tampered with my rates and status. Honestly there were a lot of employees that neglected clients and management had become aware multiple times but refused to act on it. The only thing I truly loved were my clients, they made most of all the ridiculousness worth it entirely. What this place taught me was to always check your timecards and paychecks as not everyone can be trusted.
Pros
Healthcare, Client Relationships
Cons
management, hours, pay, environment
Everyday I make a difference
Administrator (Current Employee) –  DelawareFebruary 24, 2017
Mosaic lives its mission of embracing God's call to serve in the world and advocate for people to live a full life, including it's employees.
Everyday, I leave feeling like I made a difference and I did it together with my colleagues, volunteers, and family members.
People around here are like family. Yes, some days are tougher than others or longer than others, but when it comes right down to it...we all are in this together with love. Colleagues really care about their job, about the people we support, and about each other. People help each other, train each other, and offer support. Moving forward in faith, it is an amazing job that leaves you feeling like everyday, "I make a difference".
Pros
generous benefits package, faith based organization, extensive training program, national supports office, community support and partnerships
Cons
family health plan has a high deductible, salary not comparable in our state to similar agencies
Wonderful experience!
National Support (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NEFebruary 22, 2017
Mosaic has a strong mission and a commitment to serve. They solicit feedback from employees- and are constantly making changes to improve. Excellent work/life balance and a manager that listens to my concerns and works with me to address problems. Very fulfilling!
Pros
Strong mission and values, collaborative leadership
Cons
Budget constraints
Great mission!
Support (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NEFebruary 21, 2017
Great opportunity to make a difference in the lives of others. Employees and management really care about the people they support. A lot of positive changes are happening.
Pros
free health insurance, life changing opportunity to help others, overtime pay
Cons
Short staffed
Corporate National Office is a horrible place!
No.1 whipping post (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEFebruary 4, 2017
The national office is as dysfunctional as it can get. If you don't play the sick brand of politics you get put under a microscope. Management will treat you horribly pushing the limit but not break the law. Top management doesn't care, its a sinking ship. I had to work with some of the worst people in my entire life.
Pros
At least its a paycheck
Cons
The cost of that paycheck is your soul and sanity.
Terrible communication and no feeling of job security or support from the upper management team
Direct Support Professional (Former Employee) –  Rockford, ILNovember 20, 2016
Usually short staffed, long work days with minimal compensation. Executive management likes to give orders as well as ultimatums without a good working knowledge of the people they are there to support. Extreme lack of communication. Lots of disrespect for the direct care staff that provide the essential care to the clients on a daily basis.