Mosaic Community Services Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Great place to learn and help people
Service Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Westminster, MDMay 26, 2018
I loved my experience working there. It is work and you will be busy, but there are down times when you get everything done. I loved that they hire from within and work with their employees to reach their goals, if you are qualified and work for those goals.
Pros
I loved working with the clients.
Cons
The culture of the job sometimes is catty, causing some strain. Though just do your work and it doesn't become a problem.
Rewarding job to have.
Residential Counselor (Current Employee) –  Catonsville, MDApril 27, 2018
My day is surrounded by wonderful consumers that are trying to better their mental health and live a life free from stress. Being a counselor and stable adult in their lives is my commitment to them.
Pros
Helping guide people lives.
Cons
not enough activites.
Cannot survive on $13 an hour.
Service Coordinator/counselor I (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDApril 25, 2018
Working at Mosaic is not all bad, I have my own office the my director she is the best and I get to come in and go as I please no one stares over your shoulders when working. The bad part is that I have no benefits because they are to expensive and the Pay is only $13 an hour for me to be a service coordinator/counselor. I run groups, talk to clients 1to1 do DLA's and IRP's do trips with the clients and activities. all for $13 an hour. not enough money to survive and I don't have medical benefits.
The kicker is they require you to have a bachelors and they pay $13 an hour I can't even pay back my student loan.
Pros
My supervisor is the best
Cons
Pay is to low for people with 2 degrees working on their 3rd
Opportunities to grow
Rehabilitation/Residential Counselor (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDMarch 28, 2018
Productive workplace with opportunities to grow professionally and psychologically. Gives the benefits of achieving satisfaction, and it is because each work day you know that you help someone, who was/still is in the crisis health condition.
Difficult but wonderful staff
PRP Program Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Westminster, MDFebruary 20, 2018
Mosaic is not difficult work if you are willing to deal with clients with mental illness. The staff is, for the most part, competent. However there are often difficulties in getting timely responses from other departments.
Good if you want a start in Human Services
Program Coordinator, Healthcare Workers (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJanuary 31, 2018
Mosaic is a place you have to care about to work there long term. It offers a good leg in the door for human service workers, but human services have a lot of burn out factor, which is no different here. They care about their employees, but can't show it with compensation. They do offer good benefits and the work is rewarding if you care about it.
Cool
Lead Residential Counselor (Former Employee) –  MarylandJanuary 29, 2018
A great place to work. It was great working with children. Very rewarding working with kids. I love the options for doing overtime and flexibility with shifts.
Good Job
Residential Rehabilitation Counselor (Current Employee) –  Timonium, MDDecember 29, 2017
Great company, however they need to coordinate employee duties and company policies a little better. The clients are good. You will not make a lot of money, and if you work weekdays be prepared to constantly be busy and tired. Weekend work is best, but the pay is less. Be careful about your surroundings in some areas.
Pros
plenty paid vacation time
Cons
pay, need to find your own coverage in case of emergency
A very productive place to work
Lead Senior Lead Technician (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDDecember 13, 2017
The day stared with work orders, I would go the to each worker and made sure they understood the work orders that was issued to them.
I trained them on the CMMS Maintenance software. This was to ensure the work orders was completed correctly...The hardest part of the job was unstopping toilets...This was the thing I had to learn but I knew it had to be done. The most enjoyable part of the job is helping the clients and know they appreciated it.ar
Pros
Relaxed working invirement
Cons
Health care was costly
Very bad and racist place
Residential Counselor (Former Employee) –  Belcamp, MDNovember 28, 2017
The center in Belcamp called Alliance is made up of crazy staffs. Management sucks and they discriminate against Africans. African Americans there are not good and hate fellow Africans. Will never recommend even my enemy to work there
Pros
Nothing good
Decent staff but very much a clique and need to be the right color to be in it.
Food Service Worker (Former Employee) –  MdOctober 8, 2017
Patients were the plus as well as free lunch. Pay low was told either to take a $2 pay cut and no benefits to become permanent instead of temp or be let go. That would be $8.00 an hr.. Declined then had to train my replacement. Wow
Pros
Free lunch. Nice clients
Cons
Staff discrimination and pay
administrative assistant
Administrative Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDSeptember 27, 2017
paperwork service tickets monitor the floor great guest. handle the interview process and more. the workplace is fast past and working with adult mental challenge adults
Pros
flexibility
Cons
healthcare
I would never recommend this place to anyone looking for work
Client Support Representative (Current Employee) –  Catonsville, MDSeptember 24, 2017
Working for mosaic was like working in a circus. Everyone wants to tell one another what to do instead of just doing it. Making the clients suffer. Pay sucks.
Pros
Most of the locations are close to home., Most of the clients are really nice people
Cons
No team work, management never available, overworked and underpaid, staff with attitudes
Productive and on-the-go workplace
Residential Rehabilitation Counselor (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDSeptember 17, 2017
Working with the company was a life-changing experience as I got to interact with several individuals facing multiple problems, I felt like I was accomplished being able to talk to people and help them get through their circumstances.
Part time
Residential Rehabilitation Counselor (Former Employee) –  Timonium, MDSeptember 14, 2017
Act as a case manager for assigned caseloads of residents, depending on program assignment. Guide and direct residents in maintaining rules and basic program guidelines. Observe, assess, and record resident behaviors. Assist in providing a safe and therapeutic environment according to established policies and procedures. Complete written documentation of rehabilitation plan, services, behaviors, and progress in compliance with Mosaic and program standards. Report pertinent observations to rehabilitation team. Participate in the evaluation of program effectiveness and efficiency and works to ensure continuous improvements in quality of service.
Pros
1hr lunch
Public Mental Health System
Trainer (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDSeptember 2, 2017
Acted as staff trainer within a mental health non-profit. Position was part-time on top of regular job at same company. Was able to choose which trainings I wanted to present.
security guard
Security Guard / Facilities (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJuly 27, 2017
very horrible place to work the management sucks at 2225 north charles st the clients are awesome the are many ppl fighting for power in the company there is no team work it's not a place to grow and gain experience from its very boring if ur a security guard.
Pros
too easy of a job
Cons
management sucks
Great to build expereince
Residential Counselor (Current Employee) –  Towson, MDJuly 21, 2017
I enjoy the company and the people I work with daily. The interactions with clients is positive and a great learning tool for someone in the mental health field.
I enjoy working here
Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Towson, MDJuly 18, 2017
Great organization to work with. I am usually happy whenever the hard work and dedication from the treatment team improve the patients condition so that they are able to live their lives to the fullest.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Pto
Provides a great resource to it's clients
Assistant Director, Occupational Therapy (Current Employee) –  Catonsville, MDJune 8, 2017
Mosaic has allowed me to look at humanity in a different light. Mental illness is real but people do recover. Mosaic does a fantastic job at aiding in that recovery.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Mosaic Community Services. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.2InHerSight Score

2.3Personal Development

4.4Career Opportunities

3.1Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight