Mosaic Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Over all great place to work to support a family
Maintenance Technician I / Welder (Former Employee) –  Plant City, FLMay 20, 2018
Great job great employees all around great place to work to support a family. As a technician the work environment is demanding but safety is a priorty. Management very easy to work with and very understanding of family events and issues.
nothing
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Rockford, ILMay 17, 2018
love being round the disable women in the house always laughter cooking washing hardest part being away from my family on the weekend 12 hour shifts taking them to our house for hoildays when they didn't go home
Maybe Not
Direct Support Manager (Former Employee) –  Waco, TXMay 15, 2018
Has a large turnover for group homes, management is very bias no team players. favoritism is really shown, working with special need clients ,working and helping those who need special attention.
Pros
working with the people of challenges
Cons
fun workplace, passionate about what i do
Direct Support Supervisor/CMA (Current Employee) –  Urbandale, IAMay 12, 2018
Mosaic as a whole is a great place to work. The focus on the team aspect of serving individuals with disabilities. The only downside is Mosaic seems to get tunnel vision when it comes to assisting there homes. They sometimes sacrifice the well being of there other group homes to save one.
worst experience of my life
Direct Support Professional (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, KSMay 10, 2018
I would spend my day caring for individuals with special needs. Some days they could be violent and others could be mild. I learned to stay out of the violent ones way. If not how to smooth them over. Management didn't help the situation. The work place was cutthroat and most of the staff did as little as possible.
Pros
near home
Cons
violence in the work place
Great Job
DIRECT SUPPORT ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Beatrice, NEMay 8, 2018
I loved working at Mosaic. They work with your schedule! I was a full time student while working at Mosaic, and they always understood that I was a student first, and allowed me to take time off when I needed time to study
Fast paced workplace, consistent expectations
Direct Support Associate (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COMay 6, 2018
Mosaic was a great place to work. I enjoyed my days out in the community with clients, and reporting standards were clear cut and easy to understand. Friendly people. Reasonable expectations.
Horrible organization to work for
Direct Care Manager (Current Employee) –  Rockford, IL 61108May 2, 2018
This organization is in dire need of a rebuild. From the director down. The organization is stuck in a field of groupthink and the person who is making all of the decisions has no clue about residential treatment services. I have never worked for a company in my life that is in such dispair. While working here I began to feel bad for the individuals who were in their care. Anytime a company is receiving anywhere from 80-120,000 a year to take care if an individual they should receive more than 50 dollars a month to attend to all of there needs. The lies that are told and the way that they hide when the state is coming in to check things is hillarious. Maybe if the state came without giving warning then they would see how the clients, as well as employees, are treated. For this reason alone, there turnover rate is higher than call centers and there arent enough managers to manage the homes. This leads to burn out and individuals who are qualified to leave the organization. You can’t tell the director or associate director anything innovative to do to help the organization. They ask for ideas, but nothing is never used unless it benefits them directly. Stay away from this pit.
it was a good day
Direct Support Assistant (Former Employee) –  San Angelo, TXMay 2, 2018
most days at mosaic was a good day. we never had any behaviors unless once a blue moon someone would act bad but it wasn't not for the whole day. i really enjoyed working with the consumers I learned a lot from them and how they do things a certain way and it made me look at things different.
Laid back
Temporary Retail Training Specialist (Former Employee) –  Pinellas County, FLApril 26, 2018
Went to several locations to educate staff on new item coming to stores and on the items that were already in stores. They gave me a list of things to do and I was able to complete them on my own schedule.
Poor Managment
Dsa/MA (Current Employee) –  Axtell, NEApril 24, 2018
They expect too much of staff. What used to require eight staff is being done with four these days. Staff are overworked and underpaid. Call ins for illness are frowned upon (even if contagious) and you have to make up the call in on your next day off.
Pros
Helping Individuals
Cons
Being over worked and stressed
To many white hats, not enought workers
OPERATOR (Former Employee) –  Plant City, FLApril 19, 2018
Management was awful
Morale was low
Benefits high cost
Work place culture awful
Leared some good safety techniques
Worker personal was great like family
Pros
401K, Benefits
Cons
Benefits high cost, You are a number only
Easy Money low advancement
Contract Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXApril 18, 2018
Contract job, able to make good money but no advancement or permanent roles available

Management was friendly and helpful

No long term opportunity
very stressful
Direct Support Staff (Former Employee) –  Coffeyville, KSApril 13, 2018
the management wasn't very good their was more favoritism going on you never could hardly take your personal time off they always tell you not enough workers you never get your PTO because you are always at your max
Pros
benefits was good
Cons
poor management
Very ethical company
Accounts Payable Technician (Current Employee) –  Plymouth, MNApril 9, 2018
The culture was good. Honest and ethical managers and employees. It was nice to come to work everyday knowing you were amongst friendly and reliable co-workers.
great place to work
Brand Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Woodbridge, VAApril 7, 2018
great work easy good hours great job all in all i would recommend it to friend i would go in showcase products the best i can and thats pretty much it
Rewarding Career
Program Manager (Current Employee) –  Osceola, INApril 6, 2018
Overall, Mosaic is a great place to work. Executive Director and most management are gifted leaders and have a passion for the individuals served. Strong team to work with and the individuals are a great joy to be around. The biggest downfalls of the job apply to management positions. Work-life balance leans heavily towards work and one level of management is divisive to the team.
Pros
Benefits, Great team, Rewarding career
Cons
Horrible work-life balance and divisive personality (Management positions)
the job is good for retired person
Field Service Representative (Current Employee) –  ontaro canadaApril 3, 2018
they say they pay by the hours but you work by the mins that mean one day you will work 1 hour and up to 5 hours a week ...there website say that you work 10 to 12 hours week that a lie.
Pros
job was good and not hard
Cons
hours of work was poor and they want you do every thing in a short period of time
Poor mgt
Dsa (Current Employee) –  Waco, TXApril 2, 2018
Doesn't care about employees. Work too many hours. To much responsibility and not enough money for the job. Claims to be a Christian organization but really isn't
HR Director/Loved It/Grateful for everyday life
HR DIRECTOR (Former Employee) –  Corsicana, TXMarch 27, 2018
Mosaic made me grateful for everyday life because you see the clients without so much. I had to leave to work from home due to a divorce. I through a Christmas party on a $500 budget for 250 people, and still to this day it is talked about.
Pros
Clients
Cons
Lack of money for the clients

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Mosaic. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.2InHerSight Score

2.7Personal Development

4.0Career Opportunities

3.2Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight