Mosholu Montefiore Community Center

Mosholu Montefiore Community Center Employee Reviews

United States139 reviews

childcampyouthsummerprogramcommunityschoolcenter

Opportunities were given.

Management recognized staff strengths and would provide opportunities to implement that strength. MMCC was a family oriented agency. Strong community support.

Toxic workplace

We were laid off and promised jobs. They did not give us jobs or bonuses. They only looked out for friends. If they did not like you, they would not hire you.

Pros

Free lunch

Cons

Favoritism

Mosholu Montefiore Community Center insights

• Overall satisfaction
  • Fair pay for job
  • Trust in colleagues

Togetherness

Management set a good example of what it was like to be a leader and build a strong productive work environment. Asking and answering questions was a major part of our daily routine so we could be effective teachers and provide the necessary experience to get the job done efficiently.

Bad place to work

Don’t work the staff is very rude I worked their for 2 years and it has been bad would never work at MMCC again it has been bad sorry to say this but don’t work over this especially at 3450 Deklab

Pros

Cons

Short breaks

Stress pressure ghetto

Run do not walk. Lack of support and it is so disorganized. Had to use my own money to pay for membership for computer program in order to work had to buy my own supplies. No training!!!!Employees are belittled and intimidated verbally by upper management. Worked through my lunch which is not included in pay. Worked 9 straight hours and got paid for 8. My position is being advertised for more pay now. Mean girls club!!!

Cons

No support and ratchet

Assistant Director

I enjoyed my time working at MMCC, I learned so much! I met amazing co workers and children of all ages. However, I observed that MMCC company culture is not what I wanted to be apart of for the long term. It is a great opportunity for the youth and young adults 14-24. Not for someone looking for a long term job/position. Unprofessional Management, under paid and overworked, lack sympathy and caring as we are given an assignment a day before it’s due. Which I didn’t mind but it was recurring! Coming into a negative work environment was messing with my mental and disrupting my positive energy. Instead of upper management listening to our concerns and coming to a solution, we were dismissed and had to deal with. I wish nothing but the best for MMCC and I really wish they resolve employee turnover by genuinely communicating and solving those issues.

Fun place to work at

I learned a lot working there. The staff was nice and easy to work with. I would work there again. The children respectful. They willing to learn to things.

Great first job, place to meet new people and mold the future generation

Its very challenging work. The children are often restless and it takes a lot of patience but in the end iys rewarding. You see the change in them and in yourself over time.

Not a good work place

This workplace does not allow any room for growth. you will be underpaid and people doing the same job as you will be paid more, pay rates are not fair and are based on favoritism. The main boss is rude and has an attitude and is not someone you can talk to. No one really cares about you in this place, my coworkers and I are ready to leave soon. No job security, I seen people get fired on the spot in front of crowds all bc the main boss had a bad day

Pros

none.

Cons

The work experience you get is not the one you will see on their Indeed page.

if you enjoy working with children. Very limited resources. my honest opinion is the whole company needs a revamp.

i think this is a go starter experience if you want to be an educator in terms of working with children. when it comes to getting support from the staff, this is where you'll encounter some problems. There always seems to be a budget issue, as in a lack of one to provide the resources that one needs to be able to do their jobs well. The communication overall is extremely poor. They ask a lot and pay very little. Once again it's good for a starter experience and not much else in my opinion

Pros

can't think of any other than gaining experience working with children

Cons

no benefits, no PTO, no general support

Tragic

Wouldn’t recommend anyone who’s looking for an entry level job.They pay is horrible and it’s always something shady involving money. Part time staff in particular aren’t looked out for.

Productive & fun

Flexible schedule, part time for college student. Nonetheless, if looking for something stable, you might want to look elsewhere. Again, it's a nice place to start for the experience was worth it.

management is no help

This job is not a place you want to be at for long, it's draining and you feel helpless. They hold you to a standard that they themselves cannot live up too

Former employee

Working here as a full time employee was interesting. You must have a strong background in order to do this job and must have tough skin. Overall the hours are long but the kids made it worth while.

An alright place to work

The company doesn’t have a lot of money to do more. You’re basically a group leader and specialist while getting paid what you get. The pay is based off of your college credits, the more credits, the more money you’ll get paid. Not a lot of staff in the program. Unpaid trainings. You have to spend at least 2 Saturdays, 8 hours each day, without pay!

Pros

Great coworkers

Cons

Short breaks, Management, Unpaid Trainings

Fun work place

Everyone did what they had to do , was very responsible of the children and respectable to their parents. Everyone was on time and worked their hardest to make sure the children were happy and safe at all times

Overall great experience

Worked here during summer youth. Great Experience. It didn't even feel like work honestly, I had fun and felt satisfied with everything. Coworkers were nice

Pros

Free delicious lunch

The people

The hours where ridiculous..14hrs a week to do so much.The pay is not worth it at all.This job is meant for highschool kids that just want jordans and a cell phone.No respect from the directors.

Pros

No pros but thanks for the opportunity

Cons

No hours. Pay wasnt good at all.

Room for growth

Important work with youth and community. Various opportunities to grow with the agency through training and education status. Opportunities for lateral movement to retain employment.

Needs Improvement

Great place to start. Should learn ins and outs of non profit culture but not some place to be long term unless you have a family. Convenient work times if you have family

This job is amazing mostly for people who like working with kids.

This job gives people the opportunity to have a new experience, it’s fun, interesting, and pays well. I definitely recommend this job to anyone after a new experience.

Pros

The job pays well and it is very fun.

Cons

Is during the summer so it can be uncomfortable at times.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Mosholu Montefiore Community Center. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.7 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits