Motel 6 / Studio 6 Employee Reviews

Found 2,121 reviews matching the search See all 2,161 reviews
Great work place
Mananger on duty (Former Employee) –  Green Bay, WIMarch 20, 2019
Workplace was a great place I love doing my job was great working in teams helping out in every way that I can was a great experience under the management stage
Pros
Cons
General manager wasn’t a great manager
Facing real life situations
Front Desk Manager (Former Employee) –  Elizabeth, NJMarch 19, 2019
Very fast paced environment and must be willing to put in the work. However, It is pretty laid back and if you do what youre supposed to do, it is a good place to work
House Keeping
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  North Little Rock, ARMarch 19, 2019
The job was okay place to work.Management was great.The owners were rude to employees very inconsiderate. The employees are way under paid for the work you do.
Pros
good managment
Cons
inconciderate owners ansd bad pay
it was fun working with the people
Front Desk Clerk, Hotel or Motel (Former Employee) –  Marshalltown, IAMarch 19, 2019
a typical day at work i would count the cash drawer to see if it balances out with the previous shift count. There wasn't much for management cause he wasn't there as much as would have liked him to be. We usually had to handle the problem that we had ourselves.
Low compensation, long hours
Houskeeper (Former Employee) –  Idaho Falls, IDMarch 19, 2019
The work is very fast paced, and can be extremely stressful at times. You work long hours and don't get paid well enough for all of the hard work that you do. It is not worth it.
Wonderful place for work
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMarch 18, 2019
A day on the job was busy and peaceful my co workers was great and welcomed me with open arms management was very respectful responsible and reasonable
Fast.paced something.different everyday
head of housekeeping/housekeeper (Former Employee) –  MNMarch 15, 2019
I.loved my.job there were a few.downfalls that all employees except.meand.my.son weren't related so alot of nonesense went.on I would still be there but had a medical issue. And when it was telling for a raise we.only received a.penny raise that was an insult.to me after all the hard work blood sweat and tears I put.into my hotel that I took souch pride in my
Pros
Room discount
Cons
Pay not great high employee turn over can be long hard.hours
i would not apply for another job with this company unless it was my last resort of living.
Front Desk Clerk (Former Employee) –  Pine Bluff, ARMarch 14, 2019
customer service was ok but management was all over the place. Employees supposed to get paid on the 1st & 15th of every month; but due to all the unprofessional & unorganized management; several times paychecks were often 2 or 5 days late.
Pros
it allows pets
Cons
poor management & environment
Least favorite
Guest Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMarch 14, 2019
The hotel that I worked for was a popularity contest and it wasnt as friendly as a show that we were putting on for our guests. The guests were always friendly.
Team oriented workplace.
Shuttle Van Driver/Front Desk Agent (Current Employee) –  Elk Grove Village, ILMarch 14, 2019
a disgruntled passenger spread rumours of me williing to take criticism I agreed to a different position on the front desk in which I was trained for.
Pros
If you love helping people its a great job.
Cons
If you need job security buy a motel.
Will never work there again
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Lexington, KYMarch 14, 2019
The place was trashy management was terrible the manager let her family stay there whenever they wanted to for free there is way to much gossip drugs and violence ghetto workers I wouldn’t recommend this job to anyone everyone deserves better than to work somewhere like that I truly regret taking that job offer.
dont do it
Housekeeper, Maid (Former Employee) –  Brooksville, FLMarch 14, 2019
i took the job at motel six,there was a step of survival,,8.60 a hour,15beds a day.....co workers would find beer and stay in room and drink and smoke then at the end of the day supervisor made those that were done to help them;;;the rooms were nasty,one room had the black mold,they bleached it and and put person BACK IN ROOM .....my rooms were cleaned and next day i would be put in another area to clean after the drunk co workers........finally got a job and got out.......
Pros
job
Cons
too many to list
Busy place
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Erie, PAMarch 13, 2019
One of the best places on Earth to be in your rooms are always clean and ready to be checked in with flat screen TV in my room with free WiFi I feel in love
Pros
Free coffee
Cons
Short breaks
relaxed
Front Desk Clerk (Former Employee) –  Beatty, NVMarch 13, 2019
The manager I had was awesome to work for she was the nicest manager I ever worked for and was so relaxed I always had fun working with her. I would defiantly work for her again
Pros
Cons
fun
horrible place, with poor wages and unskilled management
Front Desk Agent/Night Audit (Former Employee) –  Gilroy, CAMarch 7, 2019
What else do you expect from a cockroach hotel? One of the worst employment experiences I've ever had. A filthy environment with little care of their employees. unsafe and unsatisfying.
Poor environment
Customer Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKMarch 7, 2019
At first it seemed like an ok job. Management was consistent for about 6 months. Then management changed every 3 months for over a year. Each time they changed GMs, it was like you had to train them, and they would not take your advice.
it was good working for motel 6
HOUSEKEEPER (Former Employee) –  Palmdale, CAMarch 7, 2019
it was great working for motel 6.
how to move faster in the work place.
nothing was to heard for me.
seeing my team members
over all working for motel 6 was great
it was what i was good at.
Housekeeper// Front desk (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAMarch 6, 2019
working for motel 6 was not as bad as others think. yea its tiring but it is also a fun new experience every time you meet nice new guest. the hours are flexible and you are free to leave whenever you are done unless you wanna stay and help someone else but its not mandatory.
Pros
decent pay, fun staff and guest.
Cons
under new managment, so i dont know.
Average Job
Shift Manager, Property Maintenance (Former Employee) –  North Richland Hills, TXMarch 6, 2019
I found this job to be very average, not to hard not to easy, I did a couple different positions on property. There were good times and some bad where I agreed with management and where I didn't.
Pros
paid time off
Cons
low pay
Love my job
Laundry Technician (Current Employee) –  Ocala, FLMarch 6, 2019
I have worked at motel 6 for a year I love it I love the staff the property yes we are a 60 year old building but we do the best we can do with what we have my Co worker's and management staff pitch in to make this place a great place to work I do not ever plan on leaving I recommend if you are ready to work and truely serious about a job come join our family
Pros
Family environment
Cons
In my eyes there are non

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Motel 6 / Studio 6. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.1InHerSight Score

1.9Personal Development

2.4Career Opportunities

2.0Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight