Motel 6 / Studio 6 Employee Reviews

Found 2,089 reviews matching the search See all 2,129 reviews
Great job but pay scale should be reconsidered
Night Auditor (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLFebruary 11, 2019
Overall great place to work with but salary is quite low compared to other hotel/motels. Especially for overnight shifts. We tend to have a very high police presence due to questionable guest creating an unsafe atmosphere at times. However, we do a great system in place to work through this type of situations along with fully trained team on how to diffuse this type of situations. Overall very good management team and very easy to work with . Always create an good work/family balance.
Pros
great team and management
Cons
unruly overly intoxicated guest
Toxic Workplace/ Management is terrible
Distribution Specialist (Current Employee) –  Carrollton, TXSeptember 29, 2018
G6 Hospitality is the corporate office that owns Motel 6 and Studio 6. This company is slowly gravitating towards to becoming a franchise LLC. I have worked at the corporate office for two years and my experience working here was terrible. The pros of this company is that they will give you an opportunity to build your resume and experience in an office working environment. However, the cons out ways the pros. The management for all departments lack leadership significantly. Management will hold you back if you want to grow or interested in another department. This company is about politics and who you know. I would strongly recommend a person to do their research before applying for a job position at this corporation.

Benefits
Cons
Biggest con is the lack of leadership
Great start ... then it depends on management
Manager on Duty (Current Employee) –  Des Moines, IADecember 29, 2018
When I first started with the company I had a great manager and corporate team. As the time went on, corporate changed hands and depending on your location it became a struggle to have corporate back you up. This is now changing, however I'm afraid how long it will take to make all of the necessary changes. Pay for GM is very comparable, and everything below is okay for starting.Raises are minimal and don't account for minimum wage increases.
Pros
30% off stays at other locations
Cons
Depends on your team, both on property and off
rewarding experience
Travelling GM in training (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TX USA, Miami FL USASeptember 23, 2018
Was hired to be a Traveling GM for G6 hospitality who owns motel 6 flew me too Miami FL for on the job training were I lived at hotel paid per deiem great experience here then once I passed training flown to Dallas to do classroom training..To finish company program this was a little silly to live at motel and attend class at motel the classes was something out of kindergarten I mean doing roll play,drawing coloring to do with managers ordering products for motel each day by end of training with G6 hospitality enjoyed experience but they did not want to keep offer the originally offered me I thought that was redicoulas and thanked them for everything but I was hired to do. Traveling GM job now they want to revoke it...That. NO matter how you justjy it is wrong period.
Pros
all living paid for good salary direct deposit etc
Cons
no life living in motel dealing with unexpected drscions made by corporate office
Respectable Work Ethic, Very Physical
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CAJanuary 30, 2019
Both employers and co-workers were very respectful of one another. The manager made sure the work was being done, and cared about the quality of the motel, while still being mindful of the workload and needs of the staff.

The work itself is very hard, and often you need to develop the ability to manage time but still make sure the quality isn't sacrificed.
Pros
Overtime payment, workers compensation
Cons
Short breaks, variable work hours
fast paste
Guest Representative (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CADecember 27, 2018
my title was GSR. i would be working in the front desk, helping the housekeepers or the laundry person. I've learned a lot from my peers to computer skills to management. what i loved the most about work is the diversity. the hardest part of the job was the area and some people were very rude to the point they threaten you and or get violent.
benefits
Cons
area is horrible
Great place excellent management, poor pay, no advancement.
Front desk receptionist and night auditor (Former Employee) –  Spokane, WAAugust 24, 2018
Working at motel6 was incredible as far as my manager, and the team. But our location was a franchise, and the owners did not care a lick who walked in in out of that door as long as they got paid. Due to ownership, there was no benefits, poor pay, with little chance for any raise at all, NO advancement opportunities, and no car for the manager or team. That is ultimately why I left that location.
Pros
The management and team.
Cons
Ownership, compensation for great work.
terrible place to work
Front Desk Clerk (Former Employee) –  St. George, UTDecember 20, 2018
I worked for this company and they didn't give one raise to me. And i was the only one that would come in on my days off and when my daughter and husband were sick. and they the general manager had me write a letter saying why I quit. I do not appreciate it. It was my choice to quit.
Pros
there are no pros
Cons
no health insurance and no paid sick day.
Depends where you are, I guess...
Front Desk Clerk (Current Employee) –  Nacogdoches, TXOctober 15, 2018
At my personal location, I'm lucky to have a great manager who does his very best to work with us. If we need a day off to handle a personal matter, he does everything in his power to get us that day, even if that means he covers our shift himself. He is very patient with everyone on his staff, and probably gives most people more chances than they would otherwise deserve. On the other hand, the job itself could use a few changes. The pay is quite low, even for my area, and there are no benefits what-so-ever. When I had applied, I was desperate for work, so did not mind at the time that it was quite literally impossible to move up in position or get any sort of pay raise. The job can be quite dangerous due to unpredictable guests, and we often have to call in local authorities for assistance, yet we are unable to make above minimum wage. My overall rating of motel 6 is: Slightly below average. If you decide to work at one, find a location with either a great team, or a great manager (I was lucky with both). Having good people around you, thus making the job more enjoyable, can mean the difference between staying for a few months and staying for a few years. But please add benefits of some kind...
Pros
Great management, great team, family atmosphere, relaxing
Cons
No breaks, no lunches, low pay, no benefits, dangerous work environment (due to area), inconsistent hours, no overtime.
Owner is unreasonable with the staff
Motel Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Laramie, WYSeptember 25, 2018
The housekeepers and some new staff have too much responsibility for too little pay. They pay up to 40 hours a week, and then bank hours for vacation. They call you in constantly, some staff is disrespectful and judgmental over other staff as well as customers. Cliques rather than a professional work environment, refuses to pay overtime or offer any benefits
Pros
May pay the bare minimum to survive
Cons
Poor managemment, owner doesnt pay what his employees are worth

Want to know more about Motel 6 / Studio 6?

Ask a question
Great advancement opportunities
Facilities Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHJanuary 21, 2019
Get entry level opportunity. Decent benefits and pay. Flexible work schedules. Fun and relaxed culture. Very fast paced work. Annual bonus and merit increases. Call center workers have the opportunity to receive monthly incentive.
Motel 6
Manager On Duty & Guest Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Burlington, NCOctober 24, 2018
Motel 6 was a great place to work at . They had great benefits. They had employee appreciation day and they reall let the empolyees know that they were the reason the business was successful. My manage was a pretty good manager some times lost focus but over all a good person. I really wish I would have never left this place of employment
Pros
Great benefits great atmosphere
Laid back work place
Maintenance Technician/Groundskeeper (Former Employee) –  Clarksville TNSeptember 18, 2018
Motel 6 is a happy laid-back place to work I did housekeeping maintenance and groundskeeping the downfall was maximum pay was $8 per hour with no raises love the job though for the simple fact that I love coming to work already knowing what I have to get accomplished manager was a laid-back fun to work for individual ¡!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Pros
Easy work
Cons
No lunch breaks
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCNovember 2, 2018
Poor management don't care about employees. No understanding of employees needs. Long hours low pay no breaks.no raises dont train well.work schedule was good
Pros
Cons
Poor communication
Pay not worth the work
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Kalamazoo, MIFebruary 11, 2019
Only employed if you work there. No raises period. Some weeks no time off. Some of staff was like family but others were unfair. Would not recommend this as a place of employment.
Looking for employment with benefits
Housekeeper, Maid (Current Employee) –  Newport, RIJanuary 19, 2019
New owner took over. We have no benefits now. No senority. Need benefits being here and working more hours now. Think with new owner we should have benefits and sonority over working newer housekeepers
Cons
No benefits
Keeps you active during the summer
Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  Walla Walla, WAFebruary 17, 2019
It is a good place to work on work experience for beginners.
Definitely not a place to apply for if your looking for a job that will possibly pay more than minimum wage.
Pros
It’s a paying job
Cons
No work schedule, unfair salary wage, 7
Motel 6 sucks
Relief General Manager (Current Employee) –  Addison, TXJanuary 2, 2019
Trap houses drug dealers and the company works you well over your salary. you spend more time dealing with crackheads and poor senior leadership than you do actually operating a business.
Pros
Cons
dont work here
Very helpful and relaxing
Front Desk Receptionist (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CADecember 13, 2018
Work at Motel 6 is a company to move up ahead and reach goal's. This company helps you in every way possible. It helps you with health insurance and benefits.
Pros
Free WiFi Free Parking
Cons
Health insurance
great company
MANAGER ON DUTY (Current Employee) –  Medford, OROctober 9, 2018
motel 6 or G6 is a great company to work for. there are plenty of opportunities for advancement. plenty of benefits for all employees regardless of position. and they truly care about the people that work for them.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Motel 6 / Studio 6. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

1.8InHerSight Score

1.6Personal Development

2.2Career Opportunities

1.8Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight