Motherhood Maternity Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Old Fashioned Corporate Business Model
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZJuly 11, 2018
This company has great products and amazing customers but the way corporate requires the stores to do business makes no sense for the modern day. The quality of the clothing is good, but it is way too expensive for the area my store was in, and the style of the clothing caters to a very small niche of women. The company doesn't view their workers as people. If numbers are even a little bit down, the part-timers take the blame. Even when you meet your goals, it's never good enough. They also require you to sell physical magazine subscriptions to every customer. It is a good workplace to learn how to handle a lot of stress, and to learn various aspects of retail.
Pros
Good managers make the job bearable
Cons
Unreasonable corporate expectations
Great support team and a wonderful environment
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Santa Barbara, CAJuly 11, 2018
I loved working here because i worked with great people. My manager understood lI was going through a rough time medically and she helped as much as she could. I learned so much working there even already being a mommy.
Great place, bad managment
Sales Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Layton, UTJuly 9, 2018
The every day work was my favorite. I loved working directly with each client and building a relationship with them. The worst part of my job was upper managment, as they were not for the team but for themselves.
Fun, great coworkers, great customer service job
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INJuly 9, 2018
The environment is wonderful. The customers are nice and the staff at my store are some of the best people I have ever worked with. The store manager is friendly and helpful and really cares about her staff. While the pay for this job is not the best, I love this job because I feel like I make a difference when I get to help mom2bes find things that they absolutely love. This job is wonderful if you like working with people.
Pros
Discount, store environment, coworkers
Cons
Pay
I do not recommend this as a main source of income
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  South CarolinaJuly 8, 2018
The workplace started out friendly but often I found myself doing the job of the manager so management wasn't that great. The manager doesn't want to conduct interviews when there's not enough people on the schedule. The manager also does not like to answer their phone to help you, doesn't understand half the time what you need help with and gets annoyed and short on the phone when you do need help. Eventually when new people were hired to fill the schedule, most of them weren't trained very well. I found myself picking up after everyone and teaching them things they should have been trained to do. My initial training wasn't all that good either; you are basically thrown into the job and expected to know what to do or know the questions to ask for something you don't even know about. The place only offers part time work and you only get paid every two weeks so you have to really budget if you have a lot of bills to pay. Also, you are often working at the store alone, taking care of everything by yourself. There is no room for growth, you can't advance into any other position. They also do not like to give you any days off and are expected to work the weekends. I don't recommend this job unless you already have a full time job and just want something on the side for extra income.
Pros
Cons
No breaks, no advancement, poor pay
single coverage
Multiple- store manager (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJuly 1, 2018
single coverage no time for call outs , scheduling difficult work environment unsafe product good
poor home work balance
reason for leaving long hours
Pros
product
Cons
working alone
Productive but slow paced
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Fargo, NDJune 28, 2018
The typical work day was usually super slow because mother around the area didn't know the store existed for pregnant women so there was rarely 8 customers shopping or returning clothing there. I learned to try to boost sales and try to get more customers for the store. The hardest part of my job was nothing really. The most enjoyable part was seeing pregnant women find something they actually liked and wanted.
Pros
Lunch breaks
Cons
Short lunch breaks
Motherhood Maternity
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Freehold, NJJune 27, 2018
Working for this company was a bad experience overall. Management did not explain things well as well as left associates in the store unsupervised which made people feel uncomfortable without having management.
Fun work place, just not enough growth potential
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Lawton, OKJune 19, 2018
The Lawton, OK location was permanently shutdown December 26th, 2017. I Wasn't at this job long enough to write a full review. The company did pay workers compensation due to the company's decision to shutdown.
Co-Manager for 3yrs
Manager (Former Employee) –  Freehold, NJJune 14, 2018
I loved the people I worked with, my store manager was amazing. However the district manager was he worse! Did not know how to speak to people, always unprofessional by talking about other employees with another employee. The work load was ridiculous!
Pros
Pay is great
Cons
Upper management terrible, no job security
Enjoyed working for all of these employers.
Administrative Assistant and sales (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORatorJune 12, 2018
Any job that allows me the opportunity to work with and help people is what fulfills me the most. Whether it be in the health area or just serving people to accomplish a purshase or need, that’s what I enjoy!
Pros
Great persona satisfaction in all of these areas
Cons
No cons at all
Loved my Job
Maternity Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CAJune 9, 2018
No training. Corporate departments do NOT communicate with each other. Forcing employees to work on holidays when it is their normal day off. Constant new CEO. Been there 5 years and I think I have seen 4 new CEO's No stability within the company structure.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
No training.
This is an okay job
Client Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INJune 9, 2018
The job itself is awesome. If you like to work with people this is a great job to have starting out. Gives you a great foundation for customer service because it takes a lot of interaction and multitasking. There are only two negatives about the job from my experience and that has been number 1 the pay is horrible dont expect to earn what you feel you are worth. A typical day is you open the store if that is the shift you work you could come later if you close but either way you are there alone. So you are responsible for managing your time. You count the drawer, take out trash and boxes, print documents for the day, set signs if you need to ,check emails to know the different promotions. While you help clients throughout the day you are also supposed to work on shipment and what ever else needs to be done. Could be markdowns could be repositioning the store. You are expected to have a certain amount of sales per hour and sell a certain amount of product with each sale. You are also supposed to sell a perk they have to customers at each transaction. There is a dress code so look nice and neat. So for me all that your expected to do while alone pay does not match. The only other downside of this job is it is June and I have just had my second Saturday off for the year... The schedule is pretty rough and inconsistent but if you have open flexibility this would be able to be worked around. My flexibility is not great. You do get a discount of 40 percent but with checks every two weeks being 300 or less .... you dont want to spend much of it there if you have bills.  more... The pay has does make me contemplate hmmmm.... could go to wally where they get at least 11 and hr or even some fast food pay at least 10 but the interactions would not really compare.  less
Pros
management, client interaction, discount
Cons
pay, schedule
Really easy retail, great for teens or college students
Maternity Sales Specialist (Keyholder) (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCJune 5, 2018
Motherhood is a special kind of retail because there are only so many pregnant women in your community. I worked in two popular malls and our stores rarely had more than 2 customers at one time. This was fine with me, because you don't get paid a commission on sales, so I wasn't missing anything. You also usually have one employee at a time and I could just play on my phone and read a book while relaxing on the sofa thing in the dressing room. The products are also easy to sell. Sizes are S-3XL and women just try on their normal size. Bras are also easy to size. It's an extremely low-maintenance job and enjoyable if you like to be left alone. Plus, they're usually located in malls, so you can always take a break and go to Starbucks or Great American Cookie or something.
Pros
Hardly any customer interaction, easy products to sell, a supervisor is rarely looking over your shoulder
Cons
The employee discount is pretty useless if you're not pregnant, the wages tend to flirt with minimum wage
Good job wish I could go back
Merchandise Sales Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Terre Haute, INMay 27, 2018
I worked there though out my collage time. It was fixable with my class schedule. I never had a problem with management. I enjoyed learning about pregnancy for I had never been pregnant when I worked there. They train you for success.
do not really want to submit a review
Team Sales Lead (Former Employee) –  Midland, TXMay 14, 2018
good experience but they have you work alone a lot. I was very pregnant and ended up having to leave because they did not have enough staff and I could no longer stand up on ladders and get all my responsibilities done safely
Fun, exciting environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Panama City Beach, FLMay 13, 2018
Started working here for a little extra income. I loved the environment, working to help expecting mothers is quite a joy! My coworkers were very helpful, although there wasn't enough hours to split between multiple people it was still a nice place. The manager is AMAZING as well!
Motherhood Maternity
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLMay 10, 2018
It was a fun place to work seeing all the expectant Mom's. It was slow a lot of the time so it was boring. I would have liked a more quick paced atmosphere.
Pros
Relaxed atmosphere
Cons
Not busy enough
Leasing Manager (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLMay 9, 2018
But not worth the 45 minutes drive for 8.75 an hour. Good management. Slow pace. Worked at multiple locations and was paid for the extra time and gasoline.
Excllent Work Environment
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXMay 8, 2018
I absolutely loved this company! Payroll is beyond tight, so you manage maybe 4 people. I only left because I young and lacked experience managing more than 3 people. They were ahead of their time by allowing you one mental health day off per year. You could call and simply state you were taking your mental health day with no questions asked. The inventory management was the most efficient I have ever seen. You work alone except on the weekend where you work with maybe 1 or 2 other associates. The company is structured and streamlined. Check it out!
Pros
Inventory Management
Cons
Payroll